Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 09:48:37 -0400
From: "Bartlett" <Snookie9aVm@bonbon.net>
To: "Bartlett" <Snookie9aVm@bonbon.net>
Cc: <our general deliverymailbox address>
Subject: Pending Shipment

Have you implemented IMF?  If not, I'd try that first.  Especially since it
is free.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=C1B08F7B-8CAF-4147-B074-8C9C8F277071&displaylang=en
If that doesn't work, or if you already have implemented it, then you ought
to look at a 3rd party anti-spam solution.  The filtering that is built-in
to E2K3 isn't designed to be a comprehensive anti-spam solution.  You may be
able to configure it to block messages from that specific sender, but it is
usually pointless to do so unless all the spam you are seeing like this has
the same sender/from address.

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"LJH" <louis.hablas@norzimspam.org> wrote in message
> I've recently implemented E2K3.  From time to time, I'll see spam with
> header info. similar to that shown below.  Particularly, the "Received:"
> line will show my external IP (which is NOT the actual sender).
> Additionally, further down, somebody's email address from the org. will be
> on the "Cc:" line.
>
> What can I do to prevent this stuff from being delivered?
>
> Thanks in advance for insights!
>
> LJH
>
> ***************sample Header info*******************************
> Microsoft Mail Internet Headers Version 2.0
> Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 09:48:37 -0400
> From: "Bartlett" <Snookie9aVm@bonbon.net>
> To: "Bartlett" <Snookie9aVm@bonbon.net>
> Cc: <our general deliverymailbox address>
> Subject: Pending Shipment

0
Ben
3/21/2005 4:09:31 PM
Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP] wrote:
> Have you implemented IMF?  If not, I'd try that first.  Especially since it
> is free.
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=C1B08F7B-8CAF-4147-B074-8C9C8F277071&displaylang=en
> If that doesn't work, or if you already have implemented it, then you ought
> to look at a 3rd party anti-spam solution.  The filtering that is built-in
> to E2K3 isn't designed to be a comprehensive anti-spam solution.  You may be
> able to configure it to block messages from that specific sender, but it is
> usually pointless to do so unless all the spam you are seeing like this has
> the same sender/from address.

A great tool for filtering .. NOT free .. Is GFI mail essentials ..
Works great and doesnt hog your exchange servers resources.
0
peerenbo (4)
3/21/2005 4:14:53 PM
Thanks, Ben and Rob, for your responses.

Rob...with regards to the GFI product, do you know if it scan ALL headers.
To wit, I'm receiving SPAM from a couple of sources via my backup MX domain.

Thanks,

LJH

"Rob" <peerenbo@fiservsolutions.com> wrote in message
> Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP] wrote:
> > Have you implemented IMF?  If not, I'd try that first.  Especially since
it
> > is free.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=C1B08F7B-8CAF-4147-B074-8C9C8F277071&displaylang=en
> > If that doesn't work, or if you already have implemented it, then you
ought
> > to look at a 3rd party anti-spam solution.  The filtering that is
built-in
> > to E2K3 isn't designed to be a comprehensive anti-spam solution.  You
may be
> > able to configure it to block messages from that specific sender, but it
is
> > usually pointless to do so unless all the spam you are seeing like this
has
> > the same sender/from address.
> >
> A great tool for filtering .. NOT free .. Is GFI mail essentials ..
> Works great and doesnt hog your exchange servers resources.

How To Add Filters To Add Ins List ???
I am using Power Point 2003 with XP Pro OS. I have install the conversion to read office 2007. When I use the Add In, it only shows 2003 power point extension .ppt How do I add the ability to show 2007 power point files too ??? Can someone tell me what I need to do to add the ability to see 2007 power point files??? I is very knowledgeable on VBA. Thank You, Gary You have to have all the Windows updates as of the time the Compatibility Pack was released. That was around October 2008, so you should have those. :-) That said, my Office 2003 installation on Windows...

Filtering features in Exchange 2003
Can someone point me to some documentation that describes how one can use the built-in filtering features that are in Exchange 2003? -- Eric Sabo NT Administrator Sure: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];823866 -- Nicholas Basile(MSFT) nicbas@online.microsoft.com Microsoft PSS Please do not send email directly to this alias is for newsgroup purposes only!. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Sabo, Eric" <sabo_e@cup.edu> wrote in message news:uPwUrB2NEHA.3596@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Can someone ...

Question about creating a template
I am trying to create a template for my boss that is used to track Claim Reviews for the health care industry. My boss is very computer challenged, so I need a form that she can type answers in and it transfers to a spreadsheet. It has to be protected, she is one to push the red button to see what it may do, even after telling her not to push the button. Any suggestions for getting started? I wanted something similar. I would make a form for them to fill it out and then make it "read only" so she has to do an F12 and save-as every time. how I do I make the form? "cho@noh...

Filter, sort, lookup from other sheet
I am very new with excel and is tasked to do a project. I am pretty stucked and will be glad if I can get any help. I have a database sheet, a chart1 sheet and chart2 sheet. I am required to build graphs from certain information. The interface needs to be simple for anyone to use. 1) I need to extract data from col 'DP PPM' the database sheet where the col 'L'=1 and the col 'Week' matches the week in the chart1 sheet, else returns 0. I tried vlookup, but did not know how to input multiple conditions for the lookup. And vlookup only allows me to compare the first colum...

User Form Display Question
My problem is that the User Form is to big to fit on the Screen. It works good on 1 Computer, but when I use A computer with a smaller Screen it becomes way to big. When that happens 30% of the Form is cut off. Is there a code that I can run on UserForm_Initialize that will size it for the Screen. It would be nice if it would size according to the Display settings. I found this code here in the forumn but I can't get it to work. Sub size_form_and_controls() Dim start_height As Long Dim start_width As Long Dim new_height As Long Dim new_width As Long Dim height_ratio...

"If" question
I have a form ... frmExhibitor and from that form I can open frmAccounting displaying only the data the pertains to the exhibitor selected in frmExhibitor. However, I would like to have an if that states if there is data for frmAccounting open to that data, if not then open a new form. How would I do this? margaret, The OpenForm method has a "Where" argument. frmExhibitor should have a key unique identifier, the value of which, pertains to just that record and no others. Example would be CustID. So, when opening frmAccounting use the Where argument... DoCmd.OpenF...

Capabilities Question
Hi, Being a developer I thought I would go to the source! Sorry if this is a sort of sales question. Do you think the Service module would cater for a Web Design Company job system? We currently use a SharePoint service to do this but like the looks of Dynamics. Core parts of the system should; 1. Jobs Description 2. Time & Cost Management 3. Job Status (New, Awaiting Customer, etc) 4. Reporting 5. Task logging etc 6. Maintenance Contracts (Ie Pay $x up front and service times deducted from allowance) Do you think Dynamics can handle this and would I need to mod it? Thank...

E2K3 Forestprep question
Hello, I'm preparing to start my "swing" migration from E2K to E2K3. Because students will be back in a week, I'd like to get the ForestPrep/Domainprep steps done now, even though I won't be starting the actual migration (first E2K3 server install) for about a month. In reading what I can find on the E2K to E2K3 migration it appears that running ForestPrep and DomainPrep in my site won't cause me any problems except that ForestPrep will lock down Top level PF creation (which is already locked down) and likely remove the permissions I have added for 'backup...

Question on sorting dates
After I download data from a database, the data in the date column is in date format, as for example, "11/02/2004". To make sure they are in date format, I format them again. Then I tried to sort the date in an ascending order, it doesn't work. It did some sorting work, but it put November dates right after January dates, and then Feb, Mar.... I guess Excel doesn't really take this column of data as dates. Any help is appreciated. Jason What happens if you test with a formula =ISTEXT(A2) if it returns TRUE the dates are text, if so, copy an empty cell, select the ...

Filtering data #3
How Can I get the data from Column B, which is not existing in Column ? Example Column A has : 1 2 3 4 5 6 Column B has: 1 3 5 Result: 2 4 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You could use an advanced filter: 1. In an open cell (say E15), insert: =COUNTIF(B:B,A2)=0 2. Select column A & B. 3. Go to Data > Filter > Advanced Filter 4. In the criteria range put: E14:E15 ensuring that E14 is empty. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >How Can I get the data from Column B, which is not existing in Column A >? > >Exam...

No more BadMail after applying E2K3 SP1?
After applying Exchange 2003 SP1 to one of our gateway servers, I observe 24 hours later that there are no messages in BadMail. Not usually something I'd complain about, but it is unusual. Prior to applying the service pack, I cleaned up this directory. There were almost half million entries there, testimony to the fact that we ordinarily get a thousand BadMail entries a day typically. The directory was so large that I had to use command line del *.* to accomplish the task. The directory itself appears to be fine and I can create files there without problem. The server is routing message...

MDI, beginner questions
Im trying to find the best way for me to implement multiple mdi child windows with dialog layout. My application will need several dialog windows with different layout (sort of like photoshops toolbar windows). All windows will only occur once so there is no need for any new/open/save functionality. I only need MDI to keep all windows organized. Could someone please help me with a simple code example? I've read a bunch of usenet posts, but I still can't figure out a suitable approach for my type of app. Thanks! Fredrik wrote: > Im trying to find the best way for me to implement ...

Question about antivirus for Exchange 2003
I currently use Mcafee groupshield for exchange 5.5 and while it does block infected attachments, it still sends the email message to the user which generates alot of complaints. I am ugrading to Exchange 2003 and this time I want to get something that is a little more flexible and can block not only the attachment, but the message too. I will look into the latest Mcafee solution, but wanted to hear about the experiences of others on this NG. Thanks NH Hi Ned, I'm using McAfee GroupShield for Exchange 2003. For your information, the software still behave exactly as you mentioned in...

E2K3: System Manager Public Folder Admin authentication dialogues
I am in the process of moving from an Exchange 2000 server to 2003. The 2003 server is up and running and part of my clients are on the new box. I used the PFMigrate tool to add replicas of the eixsting E2K public folders to the E2K3 server and it's working great. However, when I go to adminster the public folders (for replication settings, etc) in System Manager on the E2K3 server, it prompts me for authentication on each and every subfolder :-( My authentication is valid and works - but it always prompts me for it. If I Choose "Connect to:" and select the E2K server ins...

Inteligent Message Filtering...
Is there any easy way to view the contents or sender that get dumped into the delete folder? My client liked being able to review the old mail in the admin box even though he might have received 1000 messages over the weekend. Occasionally, he found valuable mail. Thanks! Chris Do you mean the IMF Archive folder in mailroot? Check out IMF Archive Manager http://www.gotdotnet.com/workspaces/workspace.aspx?id=e8728572-3a4e-425a-9b26-a3fda0d06fee -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Chris Marsh" &l...

Requey Question?
On my Switchboard [frmMain] I have a Combobox [cmbTaxWarning] it shows clients through a query which Clients have not been taxed My problem is when I go to my Clients form and change him to No Tax then go back to frmMain my combo box dose not show the change unless I close the DB and open it............Any Help Please.....Bob "Bob V" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message news:e50a1Wc7HHA.4304@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > On my Switchboard [frmMain] I have a Combobox [cmbTaxWarning] it shows > clients through a query which Clients have not been taxed > My probl...

CRM Outlook Client installed on Citrix Question w/Flex Profiles
We have begun deploying CRM Dynamics 3.0 in our environment. All of our clients launch Outlook through Citrix MetaFrame XPe FR3 servers. The CRM Outlook client installs correctly the first time and everything works correctly. However, the next time Outlook is launched the CRM toolbar icons and the CRM menu items do not respond. We are using flex profiles with ops files capturing the HKCU settings for CRM. Here is a copy of our ini file: # REMOVE unused sections! [Header] Version = 11.0 Product = Microsoft Office 11.0 # ***************************** Registry Sections *********...

PFMigrate error when attempting to migrate PF from 5.5 to E2k3
All, When we run PFMigrate from our Exchange 2003 server we get an error right away saying: Invalid Paramater '<servername>' The server name does have a dash in it like this: it-server-name any help would be great!! fasteddie After following syntax EXACTLY we got it to work... thanks, Fasteddie "FastEddie" <fasteddie[a]therockwells[dot]net[dot]no[dot]spam> wrote in message news:OjyqXCwAFHA.608@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > All, > > When we run PFMigrate from our Exchange 2003 server we get an error right > away saying: > > Invalid Par...

Managing E2K3 from my workstation
Hi, I know that I can manage our Exchange Server 2003 from my XP Pro client. Where can I get the necessary tools for this? -- Thanks, Sam Install Exchange System Manager from the Exchange CD "Sam" <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3982475B-22B0-4F25-ABF8-A142D9570661@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I know that I can manage our Exchange Server 2003 from my XP Pro client. > Where can I get the necessary tools for this? > -- > Thanks, > > Sam You might also want to check on this link. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/815529/en-us...

CRM 4.0 activity workflow question
Hello, I am attempting to create a workflow that first checks to see if a contact has a certain value selected in a picklist, then creates a phone call activity for that contact every 90 days. I seemed to understand CRM 3.0 workflows better than the new version and I cannot get this right. In the old version, I did something like " check this condition, wait 90 days, create the phone call activity and run the subprocess" (which ran the first workflow). I have tried many different ways of doing this, but none of them seem to work. Does anyone know how to create this workflow ...

Question about Excel (Office) auditing/changes
I have a document that will need to be posted on a website available for users to download & change/approve. The approval process will not make any changes at all to the document. However, I do need to know they've opened the document. Is there a way to get the name/machine/ip or something regarding who opens a file and when they open it? If so, I would like to do something like that, and either write it to something in the spreadsheet or as an audit trail in a database. If there's no way to do this, I am considering writing a small app that requires them to sign in (somet...

Filter, Select, or Remove Info from Chart
Hello, I have a sheet of data that provides customer take rates of offers over a period of time. Customers receive offers every X minutes and either accept or reject them. There are several customers. I am able to create a chart that shows each customer on the chart with their take rate over the time period. I am unable to select which customers appear on the chart however. Is there a way to filter the series that appear on the chart or select them, say so that I only see Customer A or Customers A, C, and E for instance? Thanks, Tom You can either try creating a PivotChart (Data-...

2 Macro Questions
If I assign a macro to a forms button on the sheet if I copy the book and load it on my friends computer do the macros go with them. Can a macro button be assign to a cell so when clicked it will print (72,8) from that cell, and what formula would I need? -- Thanks in advance for your help....Bob Vance .. .. .. .. Hi Bob 1. Yes, the macro code is copied as well 2. You can add some code to the Doubleclick event of your button. I'm not so sure what you mean with 'print'? Insert a value in a specific cell. If yes, try the following code: Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Me...

Count number of records after filtering
Hello, Probably a question that's easy to answer but I have been searching for hours now & it's driving me rather crazy: I have applied a filter to a form and now I want to know how many records I have got as a result, or better, I want to know if there are any records left - how do I do that? Tried so far: If Form.Recordset.Count = 0 Then ... If Iserror(Form.RecordSet.Count) Then ... If EOF(Recordset) Then ... but that all does not work. Thanks, Gerwin Gerwin: An easy way is to add a hidden text box, txtCount say, to the form, with a ControlSourc...

SP2 E2K3
I am getting ready to install SP2 for E2K3 ENT on a W2K3 ENT SP1. I am looking at post and article to research possible issues with installing SP2. I came across a couple that have me worry. One post stated that hotfix, 8798060, is require to install SP2. Another, Microsoft Windows Server 2003 may stop responding when you enable the Sender ID Filtering setting on a Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) virtual server in Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Service Pack 2 (SP2). How should I prepare the server to install the SP2 and does it require a reboot? Install the required hotfixes...