E2k3 > E2k3, different domain and no trust

Hi

I need to migrate data from one Exchange 2003 server to another in a totally
different domain and forrest, I am unable to put in trusts between them due
to problems in the past.

I have in a virtual enviroment ran a test of simply taking the databases
offline and then copying them from one domain to another and then remounting
them and reconnecting the mailboxes on the target domain to the corresponding
accounts and connecting to the mailboxes using Outlook - and it seemed to
work ok without breaking SIS.

The other option is exmerging the data but that has serious problems as the
donor server is reporting a SIS ratio of nearly 4 and most of those will be
circulated attachments rather than small text only messages. There is
currently about 15GB in the store and I am suspecting an increase to about
70GB or more using exmerge - which is bigger than the server HDD!!!

I am looking to find out that is potentially going to go wrong with this
theory before I consider doing it on our production enviroment. We would be
taking the whole lot out of service and queuing the mail on our boundry
spam/virus filtering server and then intend to just pipe the queued to the
new server once it is back in service.

E2K3 Forestprep question
Hello, I'm preparing to start my "swing" migration from E2K to E2K3. Because students will be back in a week, I'd like to get the ForestPrep/Domainprep steps done now, even though I won't be starting the actual migration (first E2K3 server install) for about a month. In reading what I can find on the E2K to E2K3 migration it appears that running ForestPrep and DomainPrep in my site won't cause me any problems except that ForestPrep will lock down Top level PF creation (which is already locked down) and likely remove the permissions I have added for 'backup...

Calculate time difference
Hi I keep getting error when calculating time difference between Column E and Column C. I get the error #value. How can I fix this and get actual time difference between two columns. Time is military style. Thank you Column C Column D Column E 10.48.27 28-Feb-10 15.06.11 19.19.12 28-Feb-10 22.40.36 22.07.19 1-Mar-10 05.22.28 05.51.31 1-Mar-10 06.46.35 08.04.07 1-Mar-10 10.18.22 17.59.57 1-Mar-10 20.25.57 22.24.15 2-Mar-10 01.04.16 01.53.59 2-Mar-10 06.04.58 07.30.19 2-Mar-10 14.59.21 15.31.13 2-Mar-10 17.28.39 18.17.19 2-Mar-10 21.38.14 22.11.36 3-Mar-10 05.20.30 07.0...

Rounding Differences of Multi Currency (MC) Transactions
Hi, My question regards Payables Management versus the rounding of Multi Currency (MC) transactions. In my vendor I have two invoices where the document amount is $1120.60 in functional currency. Both were paid by the same check, which shows $1120.61(Funct) in my MC HATB Detailed. The originating curency is balancing at 0. The three transactions are now in history but those 3 transactions will show forever on my HATB since I have a difference of $0.02 in functional currency. I do not see those transactions in the ATB with or without options which is OK. How could I get rid of th...

E2K3: System Manager Public Folder Admin authentication dialogues
I am in the process of moving from an Exchange 2000 server to 2003. The 2003 server is up and running and part of my clients are on the new box. I used the PFMigrate tool to add replicas of the eixsting E2K public folders to the E2K3 server and it's working great. However, when I go to adminster the public folders (for replication settings, etc) in System Manager on the E2K3 server, it prompts me for authentication on each and every subfolder :-( My authentication is valid and works - but it always prompts me for it. If I Choose "Connect to:" and select the E2K server ins...

No more BadMail after applying E2K3 SP1?
After applying Exchange 2003 SP1 to one of our gateway servers, I observe 24 hours later that there are no messages in BadMail. Not usually something I'd complain about, but it is unusual. Prior to applying the service pack, I cleaned up this directory. There were almost half million entries there, testimony to the fact that we ordinarily get a thousand BadMail entries a day typically. The directory was so large that I had to use command line del *.* to accomplish the task. The directory itself appears to be fine and I can create files there without problem. The server is routing message...

taking data from different worksheets
I have different worksheets on the file. I woul'd like to have one worksheet that summarize data from th different worksheets. I woul'd like to built a formula that takes a varient as thw workshee name. for example: my worksheets name are : p1 p2 p3 p4 p5 p6... i would like a formula that takes the workshet name from cells tha called:p1 p2 p3 ... -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com it would probably be solved similarly to an earlier problem of mine take a look at http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24005 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelFo...

How do I have pages oriented differently in one Publisher doc
I need to be able to have some pages oriented landscape and others portrait in the same Publisher document. Set the page either landscape or portrait which ever is the orientation of the majority of pages. Now when you come to a page that wants the other orientation, rotate the text and image boxes 90�. Or, make one file for the landscape pages and another file for the portrait pages. -- Don Vancouver USA "bates" <bates@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:90374667-7B0B-4F6F-B780-74FFA3D2861B@microsoft.com... >I need to be able to have some pages...

PFMigrate error when attempting to migrate PF from 5.5 to E2k3
All, When we run PFMigrate from our Exchange 2003 server we get an error right away saying: Invalid Paramater '<servername>' The server name does have a dash in it like this: it-server-name any help would be great!! fasteddie After following syntax EXACTLY we got it to work... thanks, Fasteddie "FastEddie" <fasteddie[a]therockwells[dot]net[dot]no[dot]spam> wrote in message news:OjyqXCwAFHA.608@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > All, > > When we run PFMigrate from our Exchange 2003 server we get an error right > away saying: > > Invalid Par...

Money 2007
I have been trying to manage checking accounts from 2 different banks. Can you do this? It seems I have no control over the reports. I can't control which account the report is coming from. Also, on the home page it will show "spending by category" pie chart from one account and "income and expense" bar chart from the other account. volts10; Once you have selected which report you want, e.g. spending by category or accounts etc. , go to left menu, choose customize, there you can select tabs for everything including which accounts include or exclude. Once done ...

RPC error when creating a new RUS for child domain
Hi everybody, I hope somebody can help me out with this... I'm trying to setup an exchange2003 server to host recipients on a child domain. I have three boxes setup in my lab here all running Server2003, one is the DC for network.com, one is the DC for child.network.com and the third is a member of network.com running Exchange2003 SP1. The problem is this: when I try and create a Recipient Update Service for child.network.com, I am able to select the child domain and resolve the mail server, but when I select finish, it sits there for a minute, and then gives the following error: ...

Managing E2K3 from my workstation
Hi, I know that I can manage our Exchange Server 2003 from my XP Pro client. Where can I get the necessary tools for this? -- Thanks, Sam Install Exchange System Manager from the Exchange CD "Sam" <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3982475B-22B0-4F25-ABF8-A142D9570661@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I know that I can manage our Exchange Server 2003 from my XP Pro client. > Where can I get the necessary tools for this? > -- > Thanks, > > Sam You might also want to check on this link. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/815529/en-us...

"Specified domain either does not exist" after Ex 2003 SP2 install
I'm running Exchange 2003 on Windows 2000 Server. On Sunday, 9/24 I upgraded from Exchange 2003 SP1 to SP2. Incoming/outgoing email has been working aok. Yesterday I tried to change an existing mailbox - unhide it from the GAL. I got the following error: The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted facility win32 ID no. c007054b Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension. Today I tried to create a new user with a new mailbox, just as a test - same error. That problem meets the criteria for the Hotfix in http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810812 howe...

why I can not do different things on different CViews at the same time using SDI?
I create two CViews in SDI, i want to play different videos on them at the same time,however,i always fail,i can only see one video showing on one view, nothing on the other view.why? how can i do it using SDI? whether need i use MDI? Could it be because you have chosen SDI, in which there can only be one view at a time? No, that would be too simple an answer... But it's the right answer. Consider, however, using SDI with a splitter window. That should work. joe On 24 Nov 2006 10:36:12 -0800, "shenhua" <mtshenhua@hotmail.com> wrote: >I create two CViews in SD...

SP2 E2K3
I am getting ready to install SP2 for E2K3 ENT on a W2K3 ENT SP1. I am looking at post and article to research possible issues with installing SP2. I came across a couple that have me worry. One post stated that hotfix, 8798060, is require to install SP2. Another, Microsoft Windows Server 2003 may stop responding when you enable the Sender ID Filtering setting on a Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) virtual server in Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Service Pack 2 (SP2). How should I prepare the server to install the SP2 and does it require a reboot? Install the required hotfixes...

Rehome Public Folders from one E2K3 to another E2K3 server
Hi We have just installed a new Windows Server 2003 with Exchange 2003 and we need to move all the data fra the old server running Exchange 2003, but we are having some problems. We can easily move each users mailbox but we can't get it to move the Public Folders. The new server is part of the same domain as the original E2K3 server. All the documentation we have found on this subject informs us that we should do the following: 1. Right click the first Public Folder and select Properties. 2. Select the Replication tab. 3. Add the server where the Public Folders should be moved to. 4...

Hashing problem on different systems
Hi there, I have two VC++ application, one is an ATL COM for Windows CE and the other is a MFC application for Desktop. Those two applications use exactly the same code to hash a string using MD5 and SHA-2 256. But the problem I'm having is that those applications produce different hash values over the same input string. What's wrong with them? Am I missing something here? Please help! Thanks in advance Chan >I have two VC++ application, one is an ATL COM for Windows CE and the >other is a MFC application for Desktop. Those two applications use >exactly the same code to ...

E2k3 > E2k3, different domain and no trust
Hi I need to migrate data from one Exchange 2003 server to another in a totally different domain and forrest, I am unable to put in trusts between them due to problems in the past. I have in a virtual enviroment ran a test of simply taking the databases offline and then copying them from one domain to another and then remounting them and reconnecting the mailboxes on the target domain to the corresponding accounts and connecting to the mailboxes using Outlook - and it seemed to work ok without breaking SIS. The other option is exmerging the data but that has serious problems as the ...

Create SplitterWnd with 2 different documents
I've looking some samples of SplitterWnd, but they all refers to one child-one doc-multiple views. I need something like one child-multiple docs-one view per doc. Has anybody seen something like this before? Is it possible to be done under Doc/View architecture? Thanks a lot for your attention and help Alvaro Palma wrote: > I've looking some samples of SplitterWnd, but they all refers to one > child-one doc-multiple views. I need something like one child-multiple > docs-one view per doc. Has anybody seen something like this before? Is it > possible to be done under Doc/...

Moving from a single E2k3 server to a FE/BE E2k3 environment
I have a single server that is currently doing OWA with forms authenication and RPC over HTTPS. I would like to take away those frontend functions to a dedicated server. I have the new server setup and marked it as a frontend server in the Exchange server settings. What do I need to disable on the backend so the new frontend will function correctly. Without disabling anything on the backend, when I go to OWA on the frontend server it redirects me to the backend's OWA. Any help would be appreciated. thanks On 10 Oct 2006 09:46:21 -0700, willie44@gmail.com wrote: >I have a single ser...

Sharing calendar's between domains in Exchange 5.5, NT4 environment
Hi, Is it possible to share calendar info between two different Exchange servers on two different domains? Curtis. ==================================== When replying by email please remove the X ==================================== ...

Different Invoice Currency
Hi there, Is it possible to have different invoice currency? For example, my base currency is USD. I would like to raise an invoice to a customer in Euro. Payment is done by wire transfer by the customer. When I record the payment of the invoice, the deposit goes into USD account in bank, where I could use the TT rates to record the actual amount deposited in USD. Can anyone let me know if it is possible to raise an invoice in EUR, away from base currency? Thanks in advance Hi, Can MVPs help me with an answer? "Bharathan" wrote: > Hi there, > > Is it possible...

Moving Exchange to different server, different name
Can someone point me in the right direction if a KB article exists? I have read the article about moving to a different server SAME name, but that is not quite what I am doing. I want to move to a new server, different name. I assume that I will install same version of exchange on new server, move mailboxes, public folders, everything over to new server. Then follow the MS KB article about removing the first exchange server from your domain AM Basically install another server and move everything over. ie move mailboxes and replicate public folders. Rehome them if it is 5.5 moving to anothe...

How to patch/install the FE E2K3 server?
We already have an E2K3Ent. Ed. BE server (with SP2 installed) in place, now we want to install a FE server. Does it matter how you install the FE server as far as which order to make it a FE server and when to patch it with the SP's? If it doesn't matter I would assume it would be best/quicker to first make it FE, then install the SP's? Thanks! / Per The only caveat here is that OWA won't work properly on the FE until it is the same SP version as the BE. If you are just building a new server and won't be advertising the website until you are done, there should...

Different counts on same query
Good afternoon, I need help on finding out how to run three different counts on one query. I have a table set up to show Date Within this query I have the following fields: Date | Method | AgedDays ... taken from TotalInventoryTable my goal is to say the following in one query. Date Method CountofAge CountofAge>30 CountofAge>60 Date Calls ## ## ## Date Corr ## ## ## etc. etc. All on one query... Is this possible. Thank you everyone. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.c...

Problems about the interface with different language
When the user open outlook, he found that the interface language is chinese. I found that the interface becomes chinese only when that user login. I think it is about the user profile in exchange server. Can anyone know how to set it? Ths a lot. Do you mean the fodlernames in outlook? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/296192/en-us /Lasse Pettersson "wildchoi" <wildchoi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1A2F29C9-6F5C-4035-8EEA-354AB8F561B2@microsoft.com... > When the user open outlook, he found that the interface language is > chinese. > I found t...