E12 unable to see storage groups through EX MMC

We've been running E12 in a test environment for about 1 month and just today
ran into a situation where the storage groups for a server are no longer
visible from the console on that machine. If we view the server from a
console on a different EX server we see all storage groups and stores.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks
0
RP1 (46)

can you list the storage groups and stores from the shell (EMS) on that
server?
did you try restarting EMC?
--
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange

"RP" <RP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We've been running E12 in a test environment for about 1 month and just
> today
> ran into a situation where the storage groups for a server are no longer
> visible from the console on that machine. If we view the server from a
> console on a different EX server we see all storage groups and stores.
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated
>
> Thanks

0
bharatsuneja1 (3145)
9/12/2006 9:37:43 PM
Thanks for the reply Bharat
We actually restarted the machine so yes the Exchange Managment Console was
restarted.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by the "shell (EMS).

"Bharat Suneja [MVP]" wrote:

> can you list the storage groups and stores from the shell (EMS) on that
> server?
> did you try restarting EMC?
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MVP - Exchange
> www.zenprise.com
> NEW blog location:
> www.exchangepedia.com/blog
>

> "RP" <RP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We've been running E12 in a test environment for about 1 month and just
> > today
> > ran into a situation where the storage groups for a server are no longer
> > visible from the console on that machine. If we view the server from a
> > console on a different EX server we see all storage groups and stores.
> >
> > Any help is greatly appreciated
> >
> > Thanks

0
RP1 (46)
9/12/2006 10:30:02 PM
The Exchange Management Shell - i.e., monad/powershell.

> Thanks for the reply Bharat
> We actually restarted the machine so yes the Exchange Managment Console
> was
> restarted.
> I'm not sure I understand what you mean by the "shell (EMS).
>
> "Bharat Suneja [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> can you list the storage groups and stores from the shell (EMS) on that
>> server?
>> did you try restarting EMC?
>> --
>> Bharat Suneja
>> MVP - Exchange
>> www.zenprise.com
>> NEW blog location:
>> www.exchangepedia.com/blog
>>

>> "RP" <RP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > We've been running E12 in a test environment for about 1 month and just
>> > today
>> > ran into a situation where the storage groups for a server are no
>> > longer
>> > visible from the console on that machine. If we view the server from a
>> > console on a different EX server we see all storage groups and stores.
>> >
>> > Any help is greatly appreciated
>> >
>> > Thanks

0
missy7886 (112)

When Restoring .PST, Address Book Groups Missing Members
When I restore a .pst, the address book is restored with all my group names but no members are in those groups. Everything else restores just fine. Why are ther no members in my email groups? Any help would be appreciated. What version of Outlook? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Gofermatch asked: | When I restore a .pst, the address book is restored with all my group | names b...

Unable to print document.
Hi, I have a user that is trying to print this word document. She is able to print the document if she decides to print the whole document. However, when she only some pages. I.E. 2-9. She is unable to do so. MS word however shows no error. There are no print outs either. I tested it with another document and was able to do the above. Is there any settings that could be changed to enable her to print the range of pages she wanted? -- X See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/826218 -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <&...

Server between Admin Groups
Can you move servers between Exchange 2003 Administrative Groups? Thanks If it is on mixed mode you cannot move mailboxes between servers on different administratives groups. You will need to raise to native mode >-----Original Message----- >Can you move servers between Exchange 2003 Administrative Groups? > >Thanks > > >. > If it is on mixed mode you cannot move mailboxes between servers on different administratives groups. You will need to raise to native mode >-----Original Message----- >Can you move servers between Exchange 2003 Administrative Group...

Unable to open Outlook
Ok here is the problem. I had no problem at all until I removed Beta MSN9 from this computer. Now I am unable to open Outlook. The message that comes up is: Microsoft Office Outlook (red X) Can not start Microsoft Office Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook Window. The set of folders could not be opened. I am sure something came off when I removed the beta but I dont know what or where I would retrive what is needed to open Outlook again. Is there anyone that can help? I would try reinstalling out look or doing a repair on it from the outlook cd. >-----Original Message----- &g...

I can't see my last posted question and asnwer
Hello This page shows shows in Forms coding that I have 18 messages, however, I cannot see my last question and respective answer. Could you me reason about it. Many thanks sebastico, The name of this group is... microsoft.public.access.formscoding I only see two posts from you recently Sunday, April 18, 2010 2:22 PM Filter Juction Table and related tables. and Saturday, March 06, 2010 10:02 AM Re: Can I still use check boxes? I can not say why you can not see those posts, but you could use Google Groups, f...

Money unable to install update
I am running Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600 I just purchased Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe and upgraded from Money 2005 When I run MM Plus Deluxe, I receive a message "To Continue operating successfully, Money requires an update. Click OK to close Money and begin the update now." I press OK, Money closes and the update begins. I then receive a message that "Money was unable to install update." and to check my internet connection (which is always active and working) and have at least 100MB of disk space free (I have 24G free). I...

block smtp out by group?
Hello Is it possible to block outgoing mail from users in our org by ad security group? I know you can block by user in the IMC connector ( which oddly we havent been able to get working ) but there doesnt seem to be an option to include groups. We have a department the management doesnt want internet email(to or from) for but the department has a high turnover. So doing this user by user is far too time consuming. thanks e- On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 09:39:01 -0700, "Eric - ARUP" <EricARUP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello > >Is it possible to block outgoi...

laptop users are unable to replicate
Outlook 2000 windows 2000 pro When laptop users try and replicate their inbox with our exchange 5.5 server they get an error message saying "Error syncronizing server" [80004005-501-550] etc I have tried all the stuff suggested in previous posts (deleted .ost etc) but this problem seems to be a permissions issue as when I log onto the laptop as an Exchange administrator there is no problem. All laptop owners are NT administrators of the actual laptop can anyone help ? Del We use NAV for Exchange, and I've found that viruses will cause the replication to fail on the pa...

Unable to login
Hi I have windows live messanger 2009. But when i try to log in with my gamil id it gives error as below , " Your contact list is not available right now.Please try agian with error code 80072EFF " Please provide me asolutions. ...

What replaces this group?
Hi All Sad to see this group fold up. After considerable pain I managed to get the NNTP Bridge work.... What is the equivalent of this group. Currently I can see Msdn.en-US.vbgeneral and Msdn.en-US.vblanguage Is this where I should be looking? Thanks Harry Strybos wrote: > Sad to see this group fold up. After considerable pain I managed to > get the NNTP Bridge work.... > > What is the equivalent of this group. Currently I can see > Msdn.en-US.vbgeneral and Msdn.en-US.vblanguage > > Is this where I should be looking? vbgeneral would be mostly...

Money 2000 Cant' See the Portfolio
My money 2000 performed an automatic update last week. SInce then I am unable to view my entire portfolio. I can see all the individual acounts, but cannot perform any of the portfolio tasks. Please Help ...

Exchange 5.5 owa unable to get to your inbox
Location A Frame Relay Location B Server A (exchange 5.5+OWA) -------- Server B (exchange 5.5) OWA displays "unable to get to your inbox" message when i access a user's mailbox which is not on the same location (on location B) . No firewall between locations. I couldn' find any information on support.microsoft.com and google, any help appriciated. Thanks. ...

Outlook 2003 unable to decode some attachments
I have an install of Outlook that is unable to decode attachments from two sources. Al that is displayed is the encoded text. The mail comes into our mail server and hits a mailing list from which it is distributed. In this case there are three recipients. Two of the recipients get the attachment one doesn't. In each case the Outlook settings appear identical. The attachment is a Word document. At this point I'm a bit lost as most options seem to be encoding on outgoing mail. I haven't approached the sender to check their settings and all but this one Outlook inst...

Grouping dates in pivot tables
Hello I have a problem with grouping dates in an Excel 2000 pivot table. I exported an Access 2000 query containing a date field into an Excel sheet. I then made a pivot table and tried to group the date field. Normally, if you right click on a date field, you can choose to group by day, week, quarter, month or year. But I get the message that "the selection can't be grouped". You should know that I didn't make a selection, I simply right click on the date field. Also, the dates in the Excel file are "real" dates, I checked this with the IsDate() VBA-function! Has...

Unable to import to journal folders
I am trying to create through importing about 150 journal notes that are in an excel file (one row for each note). Outlook will not let me import from this file or any other one into a journal folder. Anyone know why this is the case? Thanks, Rick ...

group header on multiple pages for a List
I'm using SSRS from SQL Server 2008. I have created a two column report that has a List control showing free-form detail data. I'm trying to display what I think is a group header at the top of each column. The current problem is the group header only shows on the first page (the first report column in this case). My List has a row group set up, but I deleted the first column that was added when I created the group. My layout is like this: [Group Header Data] [expressions for Detail row] In playing around with this, if I keep the column added by the row group, I wou...

Unable to sync offline folders after exmerge
Exchange 2003/Outlook 2002. 2 Mailboxes affected. The common thread is that both of these mailboxes had to be rescued during mailbox moves that ran into disk space issue resulting in mailboxes being half-moved and existing on old and new server. Worked with PSS to resolve by using exmerge to get data from old server and merge into mailbox on new server. After this process, mailboxes are fine except that neither mailbox is capable of being downloaded to an OST. Error message is: "Object could not be found". Sync log shows 11:54:19 Synchronizing Hierarchy 11:54:19 Terminated i...

group dates in query
I am trying to find average number of appointments in a week in query The following SQL gives me the count of appointments on a given day. Is there any way to organize this within a query per now show me the average over 7 days? I'm going to need the number for in another equation so I don't want to do it within a pivot. Thanks Ian. ...

Unable to connect my live mail account with Outlook ?
I cannot connect my live mail [hotmail beta] account with my outlook beta I says that Task 'lokesh_you@hotmail.com: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.' reported error (0x800CCC32) : 'Access to the account was denied. Verify that your username and password are correct. The server responded 'Invalid login.'. ' I have tryed every thingh i could think of i even manually configured it, also tryed by changing its url to which my explorer shows. Please help me. There are problems with using Outlook 2007 with Live. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Your...

Cannot email Outlook groups
A fellow employee is unable to email to any pre-set groups in Outlook 2002. Everyone else is able to email to the groups. He is running win2K with all critical updates and Office service packs installed. Anyone heard of this or have a solution? Thanks ...

Grouping before entering into a chart
Is there a way of grouping data before using it in a graph. I have data as follows Red 2 Green 3 Red 1 Blue 1 Green 3 What I am after is for the graph to show three entries Red 3, Green 6, Blue 1 Any help would be apprieciated Tony PS. It's just for my sons football team scores - I just need to show how many goals in each set of matches in a group Hi, The chart will not group the data for you. You would need to determine those values using formula or pivot tables. I think in your case PT would be overkill. Instead use the following formula. Assuming your data is in A1:B5 e...

Unable to import customizations SQL server error occirs
I have exported my customizations for several entities from my test server for use on the live server. However whenever I try and import the changes I get a sql server error occurred message, if I export all customizations from my test box I get an error message about ISV.config. I don't know what to do, I have a feeling its because my text box is on a different domain and I had a right hassle trying to get the test box to work, I had similar problems however I dont want to do anything drastic like I had to do to get the test box working as its the live server. Can anyone offer any...

E12 newsgroups?
Hi folks: Are there/has anyone heard there will be any newsgroups for the upcoming release of Exchange, i.e. "E12?" TIA Mike Talon miketalonnyc@<nospam>yahoo.com<nospam> Every Exchange Engineer upon finding out there may be a slight performance decrease on thier database server: Oh look, a hornet's nest. . . WHACK WHACK WHACK!!! Hopefully they will simply use these and get rid of 90% of the others :) On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 08:29:07 -0700, MikeTalon <miketalonnyc@nospam.yahoo.com.nospam> wrote: >Hi folks: > >Are there/has anyone heard there w...

Creating Distro List Within Address List Group
I have several address list groups defined on my Exchange 2000 server. When I go into Outlook to try and create a new DL to be placed within one of these groups I get the message: "You cannot create entries for this address book" I've given myself permissions on the address group object within Exchange but still get this message. ANY ideas thank you ... ...

Unable to send email
Help! I use Outlook 2007 connected to my company email via microsoft exchange. Today, I am able to receive and open emails and cen even type a reply or new email, but cannot send it. When I press send, I get the hourglass, but nothing happens--if I click on the menu bar or try to exit out, I get an error that Outlook is non-responsive. I end up having to close completely out of outlook. There is no record of my typed email in either drafts or sent. I am still able to log directly into the web exchange and email out from there. I'm not super technical, obviously, so...