E-mail domain black listed...help!

Our domain name has been blacklisted because Exchange had the
unauthenticated relay feature turned on by default so our server was being
used to relay spam.

Does anyone here know how we can un-blacklist ourselves?  We'd hate to have
to change our domain name.  We've tried changing IP addresses, but it's
blacklisted at the name level.

Thanks.

0
jgirard1 (20)

Hello Jerry

At the bottom of the following article is some information that will help
you.

300580 XCON: Cannot Send E-Mail Messages to a Growing List of Domains
  http://kb/article.asp?id=Q300580

--
Michael Barta [MSFT]
Microsoft Exchange Support

newsgroup purposes only.

"Jerry Girard" <jgirard1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Our domain name has been blacklisted because Exchange had the
> unauthenticated relay feature turned on by default so our server was being
> used to relay spam.
>
> Does anyone here know how we can un-blacklist ourselves?  We'd hate to
have
> to change our domain name.  We've tried changing IP addresses, but it's
> blacklisted at the name level.
>
> Thanks.

0
mbarta (202)
11/26/2003 3:29:03 PM
The link you wrote doesn't work.

---

"Michael Barta [MSFT]" <mbarta@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Hello Jerry

At the bottom of the following article is some information that will help
you.

300580 XCON: Cannot Send E-Mail Messages to a Growing List of Domains
  http://kb/article.asp?id=Q300580

--
Michael Barta [MSFT]
Microsoft Exchange Support

newsgroup purposes only.

"Jerry Girard" <jgirard1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Our domain name has been blacklisted because Exchange had the
> unauthenticated relay feature turned on by default so our server was being
> used to relay spam.
>
> Does anyone here know how we can un-blacklist ourselves?  We'd hate to
have
> to change our domain name.  We've tried changing IP addresses, but it's
> blacklisted at the name level.
>
> Thanks.

0
jgirard1 (20)
11/26/2003 5:34:08 PM
Sorry about that. This should work for you.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;300580

--

> The link you wrote doesn't work.
>
> ---
>
> "Michael Barta [MSFT]" <mbarta@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello Jerry
>
> At the bottom of the following article is some information that will help
> you.
>
> 300580 XCON: Cannot Send E-Mail Messages to a Growing List of Domains
>   http://kb/article.asp?id=Q300580
>
> --
> Michael Barta [MSFT]
> Microsoft Exchange Support
>
> Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for
> newsgroup purposes only.
rights.

> "Jerry Girard" <jgirard1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Our domain name has been blacklisted because Exchange had the
> > unauthenticated relay feature turned on by default so our server was
being
> > used to relay spam.
> >
> > Does anyone here know how we can un-blacklist ourselves?  We'd hate to
> have
> > to change our domain name.  We've tried changing IP addresses, but it's
> > blacklisted at the name level.
> >
> > Thanks.

0
mbarta (202)
us;300580

Patrick Rouse
Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server

wrote in message
>Hello Jerry
>
>At the bottom of the following article is some
information that will help
>you.
>
>300580 XCON: Cannot Send E-Mail Messages to a Growing
List of Domains
>  http://kb/article.asp?id=Q300580
>
>--
>Michael Barta [MSFT]
>Microsoft Exchange Support
>
>Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This
alias is for
>newsgroup purposes only.
confers no rights.

>"Jerry Girard" <jgirard1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Our domain name has been blacklisted because Exchange
had the
>> unauthenticated relay feature turned on by default so
our server was being
>> used to relay spam.
>>
>> Does anyone here know how we can un-blacklist
ourselves?  We'd hate to
>have
>> to change our domain name.  We've tried changing IP
addresses, but it's
>> blacklisted at the name level.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

>.

0
anonymous (74722)
11/26/2003 6:29:08 PM
Okay, I read all the information and I went though a few sites and submitted
my domain to be removed from the SPAM database.

I also made changes in my Exchange SMTP settings to have all my outgoing
mail forwarded to my ISP's mail server.  I entered their SMTP server's
address in the Smart Host box in the Advanced Delivery options.  I can now
send mail to the domains that were once rejecting me.  Everything seems to
be in order.

Thanks for the link.

0
jgirard1 (20)
11/26/2003 6:38:13 PM
visit www.dnsstuff.com and check which list(s) you are listed on. Fix the
open relay and try to unsubscribe from those lists (might not be easy), the
methods differs for every blacklist.

  Gyula Karakas
  orf support
  www.vamsoft.com/orf

"Jerry Girard" <jgirard1@yahoo.com> wrote
> Our domain name has been blacklisted because Exchange had the
> unauthenticated relay feature turned on by default so our server was being
> used to relay spam.
>
> Does anyone here know how we can un-blacklist ourselves?  We'd hate to
have
> to change our domain name.  We've tried changing IP addresses, but it's
> blacklisted at the name level.

Mailing Labels to Spreadsheet.
I have seen this question before but am unable to find the message. I have a MS Word document in address label format. I would like to convert this file to a spread sheet. How do I do this? Thanks Michael Copy and paste in Ms Excel Eva That's a start but you then have to put each line into a column. See Text to Columns, Split at LF (line=feed character) (#lf) where each label is in one cell (macro in the topic after #lf) http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm#lf Creating a Table from something like a column of address labels (#snkAddr) where t...

how do i get oulook to get mail from yahoo?
I have yahoo accounts, but cannot get outlook to recognize them... am computer illiterate, so put answer in laymans terms please. thanks Do you have a paid yahoo account? You need an account that supports POP3 (free accounts don't) before you can use it with Outlook. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Sub...

missing excel VBA help file
I'm missing the excel 97 VBA help file "VEenUl3.hlp". I assume this file is on the software distribution pack that came with my computer. If it is do I reinstall excel or can I just copy the help file from the distribution pack? Finally I may not have the distribution pack since I've moved three times in the five years since the computer was purchased. How would I get a copy if I need it? I'm using windows 98. Thanks for your help John VBA and help files are not part of normal Office install. ie. Office 9 or Excel 97 *not* Windows disk required. Perhaps you ...

incomming mail placed in trashcan not inbox
All of the incomming mail is placed directly into the trashcan. Before it is even read. The trash looks as if it is the inbox. ...

list boxes #3
Want to set a drop down box that does not repeat the same value despite that value appearing in the list more than once. Then once a selection is made from the 1st drop down list, the second drop down box selection criteria changes. ie. table a follows: list 1 list2 commodities oil commodities plastics FX options FX spot FX longcall 1st list would have 2 options: commodities, FX - not repeated. User selects "commodities". Then 2nd drop down list automatically ch...

Cannot delete one message in Windows Mail
A message fron Sen Feinstein to an individual copied to me can not be deleted ? On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 13:43:18 +0100, John Kirby wrote: > A message fron Sen Feinstein to an individual copied to me can not be > deleted ? You have posted this message to the wrong newsgroup. The access in this groups name refers to Microsoft Access, a database program. Please repost to the correct newsgroup for whatever program you are using. I would suggest you include your Windows version number in the message. -- Fred Please respond only to this newsgroup. I do not reply to personal e-mail ...

need help entering trendline formula
I need help to enter the following formula into a cell: y=21.155e ^-0.006x This is the formula of a trendline from a graph of only 5 points, and I would like to enter this formula into a column of cells for the purpose of predicting future values of y. The value of x has a range of 0 to 165, and is located in a colum starting at A4 R squared = .9928 in this case I usually can figure out this sort of thing in Excel, even if it takes a while, but this one has me stumped. In this case Excel does not want to accept this formula Thanks Jim > y=21.155e ^-0.006x Hi. Excel can not do i...

Outlook Webmail Access Prompts for Domain
Previously when logging into Outlook webmail all that was required was a user name and password. Now all of a sudden it is requiring that a user enter a domain as well as a user name and password. Any idea why? Also where can it be corrected so that it would require only a login and password again. You probably install SP for Exchange and change logon.asp file this article may help http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/OWA2003Forms-based-Authentication-default-domain.html Nebojsa Seslija "Mike H." <Mike H.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A436B135-1852...

Numerical entry for list boxes on a user form
I have a user form with 3 text boxes that inputs information onto a worksheet. What code do I need to make sure the textboxes only accept numerical entry. ie I only want a user to enter numbers, not letters ....and would I put the code inbetween this section: - Private Sub TextBox2_Change() End Sub TIA See reply from Nicke to your question in .programming, and don't multipost. -- HTH RP "Anthony Slater" <AnthonySlater@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A87CD04E-5B58-46C4-B936-6B0433FCE8A6@microsoft.com... > I have a user form with 3 text boxes t...

how to remove all mails from mailbox
I using exchange 2000, I have one mail account which is exceding a space of 2.5 gb. Is there any option in system manager from where i can delete all mail from that particular mailbox. One more question, When i delete any account from active directory,it deletes account but mail remain as it is. Thanks in advance Using Exchange 2000, you can't do that in ExSysMan. You need to use ADUs&Cs. Right click the owner's user object. Use "Exchange Tasks..." to delete the mailbox. If you wanna delete the mailbox without waiting for the retention period to expire, do the fo...

setting up mulitple domains
We have a dozen clients and have decided that we will host their MS Exchange for them on our server... Now we just have to figure out how we can do it. We have two in house DNS servers, one Exchange server, one AD Box. Our clients are all peer-peer networks. We will use Outlook 2003 in Cached mode and have them connect through HTTPS, just as we do. Can anyone point me to a good how to or whitepaper on doing this? Thank you a ton! Douglas ...

I need some help with a Marco
Good Afternoon, I need some help regarding a marco. I created a marco for a process at my job that I need to add something too. I'm just not sure how to add what I need to add. Here's the problem: At my job we D/L pricing files for contracts. The files can be from 5 lines to 10,000 lines. I made a Marco to format the price list to look a certain way from a SAP download (see first attachment). Everything was working fine until a line appeared after all the formatted was done with no material number (it starting appearing after a SAP enchancement). This line always appears at ...

Help? My formula is displaying in my cell
Hi there - For some reason I have one cell (in a workbook where everything else i working) that when I type in the formula in the formula bar . . . th stupid formula is showing up in the cell. My formula is simply this: =Info!B13 Because I am taking text from a sheet labeled Info in cell B13. I'v done this for about a million cells in this workbook so far an everything else has worked. This one stupid cell is just showing m the formula. Can anyone give me some suggestions to fix that? Much appreciated! Thanks! Jennife -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Jennifer,...

Email Help???
I am currently running Windows 2K with Office 2000. When ever I go to send an email message, the message hangs. When I click on send, the message remains open with the hourglass for a good 30 seconds before being sent. Has anyone come across this problem? Any suggestions??? Thanx in advance.... ...

Send and receive e-mail on Office Outlook 2003 vs Outlook Express
Recently installed Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 and everything seems to be okay, calendar, tasks etc., except that my e-mail still goes to Outlook Express. How can I have just one system (Microsoft Office Outlook 2003) Remove your email accounts from OE. Have you set them up in Outlook yet? "Felix Stein" <Felix Stein@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8332AC71-6E21-41A8-B4EE-103FDFDDBB08@microsoft.com... > Recently installed Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 and everything seems to > be > okay, calendar, tasks etc., except that my e-mail still goes to...

How do you turn off tooltip help?
I have been searching through the help files of Windows XP using and cannot find out how to turn off the pop up tool tip help that appears when the cursor hovers over things. Can anyone help Please? It's driving me nuts. Robin robin.pain@tesco.net (robin.pain@tesco.net) wrote in message news:<bd24a397.0403050101.5cbf6c4b@posting.google.com>... > I cannot find out how to turn off the pop up tool tip help. I found the swine. It's under folder options i.e. My Computer / Tools / Folder Options / View / Show pop-up description for folder and desktop items Robin ...

Windows Mail removes attachment from one or more senders
Why does my Windows Mail on Vista remove attachments from messages from one particular sender who has a different IPS? When my server downloads messages to Windows Mail, I often get a message telling me, essentially, that "Windows Mail has removed attachment which was 'unsafe.' I can go out to the server and see the attachment, open it without any problems, but as soon as I open my Windows Mail, that same message has had the attachment removed by Windows Mail. The attachment is not removed. Access to it is blocked by your settings. If you clicked on that message...

Import Master Category List in Outlook 2003 ?
I asked this in microsoft.public.outlook.general but did not receive a reply : Can anyone tell me how to import the Master Category List from my old installation of Outlook 2003 into my new install of the same version ? I exported everything else into a .pst file and got all my contacts etc but the Category List doesn't 't seem to be included ? Many thanks, Mike Probably a result of the import. Importing a .PST file does two things: A. You lose the following information: 1. Custom Forms 2. Custom Views 3. Connections between contacts and activities 4. Received dates on mail...

Need some Sharerpoint help. Running SBS 2003
I've gotten so much help in this group I figured I'd ask and you'd all point me in the right direction. We are a small construction company running SBS 2003. I (as a project manager) am getting buried under a mountain of paper. But, I'm tech savy and built and support our SBS environment including exchange BES, DR etc. I use data in or sorts of ways, we generate lots of docs, xls's, pdf's, fax's, Scanned material, pictures, internet content etc. We need access to this data locally in the office and on our BB's and via remote access. I like kee...

reorder list
Have a question regarding the reorder list which is; Is it possible to have a reorder list nested inside of a reorder list? If so, how? Thanks John On 6 Feb., 04:33, JohnE <Jo...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Have a question regarding the reorder list which is; =A0Is it possible to= have > a reorder list nested inside of a reorder list? =A0If so, how? > Thanks > John While I think this is not a very good idea, it should be possible: http://forums.asp.net/t/1293825.aspx Try to use ListView or other parent control instead. "Alexey Smirnov&...

Help Spell Check in Word 2007 Protected Documents
I have created a protected form and noticed it didn't spell check when I tested as a user. I searched and found http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/SpellcheckProtectDoc.htm I copied and pasted into VBE re-protected the document closed and opened as a user and still unable to spell check. Is there something I'm missing. Perhaps clearer instructions? Could someone please walk me through this step by step? Perhaps I don't have a full understanding of Macros?? Note that you will have to run the macro manually, for example by assigning a toolbar button. See http://www.g...

Windows Live Mail Windows 7
How do I remove email accounts from Windows Live Mail in Windows 7 64 - bit? I uninstalled Windows Live mail and re-installed it and the email accounts were still there. "PRHT" <PRHT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49EE3B72-B79F-4C2B-BB3F-E4C6A8305156@microsoft.com... > How do I remove email accounts from Windows Live Mail in Windows 7 64 - > bit? > I uninstalled Windows Live mail and re-installed it and the email accounts > were still there. Tried Tools/Accounts/Remove? The "Complete Uninstall/Reinstall Method": h...

Delay in receiving SOME mail for one account
I have an exchange 2003 enterprise server with Windows 2003 enterprise server. Out of the 30 employees in the company, only ONE has a delay in receiving SOME of their e-mail (the president of the co). It seems to arrive about a week later, but if someone else in the company was CC'd on it, that other person will receive it. All the mail is filtered through Symantec Mail Security and then through the exchange server. All the appropriate ports are open. Do anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks!! How is the president's client (Outlook?) connecting? I suspect that th...

[HELP] Windows Event log File read???
Hello, I am having a bit a problem in getting information out of the windows system event log file. I know how to get information out of the backup file of the event file. //------------------------------------------------------ OpenBackupEventLog Opens a handle to a backup event log. OpenEventLog Opens a handle to an event log. ------------------------------------------------------// But I do not know how to get informaiton out of the original event file. (C:\WINNT\system32\config\SysEvent.Evt C:\WINNT\system32\config\SecEvent.Evt C:\WINNT\system32\config\AppEvent.Evt) I ha...

Help: pivot chart data in secured Access database wont show fields
Hello Is there a way for me to crate a pivot chart in Excel where the data is in a secured access database. By default (ie using system.mdw) the Access security allows a user view permissions on the tables. When connecting to the database the tables are visible, but the next step where the fields get shown doesnt happen, no fields can be selected. Is this a security issue? Is there a way around this? Thanks A ...