Dumb Exchange OWA Question

I have a single Exchange 2003 with SP1 server running on W2K3 server.  I can
access OWA fine by going to http://exchange/exchange.  However if I try
http://exchange.mydomainname.com/exchange or even http://(The IP
ADDRESS)/exchnage, I get page "The page cannot be found".

What have I over looked?
0
Wayne (81)

Are you testing this internally or externally?
If its external, make you have a hole in the firewall to the appropriate
server.

"Wayne" <Wayne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a single Exchange 2003 with SP1 server running on W2K3 server.  I
>can
> access OWA fine by going to http://exchange/exchange.  However if I try
> http://exchange.mydomainname.com/exchange or even http://(The IP
> ADDRESS)/exchnage, I get page "The page cannot be found".
>
> What have I over looked?

0
exchangemvp (657)
10/21/2004 10:16:30 PM
I'm testing both internally and externally.

Intenally, http://exchange/exchange works but like i stated before
everything else comes up "the page cannot be found"

Extenally, http://mail.mydomainname.com/exchange  I'll be prompted for
username/password/domain.  but then get "the page cannot be found"

"Martin Blackstone - MVP" wrote:

> Are you testing this internally or externally?
> If its external, make you have a hole in the firewall to the appropriate
> server.
>
> "Wayne" <Wayne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a single Exchange 2003 with SP1 server running on W2K3 server.  I
> >can
> > access OWA fine by going to http://exchange/exchange.  However if I try
> > http://exchange.mydomainname.com/exchange or even http://(The IP
> > ADDRESS)/exchnage, I get page "The page cannot be found".
> >
> > What have I over looked?

0
Wayne (81)
10/21/2004 10:35:06 PM
Pls check this KB
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;247731
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;325097

--
Jammyù�ٴ�
"Wayne" <Wayne@discussions.microsoft.com> ���g��l��s�D
> I'm testing both internally and externally.
>
> Intenally, http://exchange/exchange works but like i stated before
> everything else comes up "the page cannot be found"
>
> Extenally, http://mail.mydomainname.com/exchange  I'll be prompted for
> username/password/domain.  but then get "the page cannot be found"
>
> "Martin Blackstone - MVP" wrote:
>
> > Are you testing this internally or externally?
> > If its external, make you have a hole in the firewall to the appropriate
> > server.
> >
> > "Wayne" <Wayne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I have a single Exchange 2003 with SP1 server running on W2K3 server.
> > >can
> > > access OWA fine by going to http://exchange/exchange.  However if I
try
> > > http://exchange.mydomainname.com/exchange or even http://(The IP
> > > ADDRESS)/exchnage, I get page "The page cannot be found".
> > >
> > > What have I over looked?

0
jammylo (214)
10/22/2004 1:13:03 AM
Niether of these kb's seems to apply.  We only using ports 80 and 443 and no
login we have has special characters in it. Again we are having this problem
when using the fully qualified domain name or server IP address.

"JammyùÀÙ´Å" wrote:

> Pls check this KB
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;247731
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;325097
>
> --
> JammyùÀÙ´Å
> "Wayne" <Wayne@discussions.microsoft.com> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D
> :EDE09FE5-EA2C-4AAE-95E3-C50DBD1A5DD1@microsoft.com...
> > I'm testing both internally and externally.
> >
> > Intenally, http://exchange/exchange works but like i stated before
> > everything else comes up "the page cannot be found"
> >
> > Extenally, http://mail.mydomainname.com/exchange  I'll be prompted for
> > username/password/domain.  but then get "the page cannot be found"
> >
> > "Martin Blackstone - MVP" wrote:
> >
> > > Are you testing this internally or externally?
> > > If its external, make you have a hole in the firewall to the appropriate
> > > server.
> > >
> > > "Wayne" <Wayne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> try

0
Wayne (81)
10/22/2004 3:21:08 AM
An one more setting can be check
pls open IIS Admin MMC tools
and check default web site\properties\web site tab==>IP Address: is not
assigan any IP in here

--
Jammy

"Wayne" <Wayne@discussions.microsoft.com> ���g��l��s�D
:5E6D2AEE-2A35-4BB5-9ABF-3722C11B2039@microsoft.com...
> Niether of these kb's seems to apply.  We only using ports 80 and 443 and
no
> login we have has special characters in it. Again we are having this
problem
> when using the fully qualified domain name or server IP address.
>
> "Jammy?¹??´?" wrote:
>
> > Pls check this KB
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;247731
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;325097
> >
> > --
> > Jammy?¹??´?
> > "Wayne" <Wayne@discussions.microsoft.com> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D
> > :EDE09FE5-EA2C-4AAE-95E3-C50DBD1A5DD1@microsoft.com...
> > > I'm testing both internally and externally.
> > >
> > > Intenally, http://exchange/exchange works but like i stated before
> > > everything else comes up "the page cannot be found"
> > >
> > > Extenally, http://mail.mydomainname.com/exchange  I'll be prompted for
> > > username/password/domain.  but then get "the page cannot be found"

> > try

0
jammylo1 (36)

Dim question
How do you reset a Dim so I can set it back to zero or 1? What are you trying to accomplish (i.e., what is the "it" you're trying to set back to 0 or 1?)? If the variable is a numeric or variant type, you can just use the assignment operator: a = 1 In article <zRDOc.1539$wz.155@fed1read01>, jay <libertysmith@blessa.com> wrote: > How do you reset a Dim so I can set it back to zero or 1? If you're still looking at the edit|Find or Replace stuff, there's one more reply at the original thread. jay wrote: > > How do you reset a Dim so I c...

need to import priv.edb into new exchange store
I recently was forced to re-format and relaod my server from ground up. The only thing that was salvageable was the .edb files. eseutil claims they are healthy, although there seems to be no way, that I can determine, to import the contents of the file into the new exchange mailbox store. HOW DO I DO THIS? (Can I do this?) There are 4gb of mail messages I need to get from this file. the file is from exchange server 2003, same 2003 as is currently running smoothly now. what about your .stm files. i believe you need thos too. "Dennis R" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.c...

Money 2006 question #2
I've just begun using Money 2006, and I have a question. I withdraw cash from an ATM on a regular basis. How do I itemize the expenditures of the withdrawn cash? Thanks. You could set up a 'cash' account. When you make an ATM withdrawal, transfer the money into this account. You can track spending from your withdrawn cash through this. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://money.mvps.org/faq/default.aspx for tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your product wishes see http://money.mvps.org/wishes.aspx I do not respond to...

A diff question to normal
I have a template in excel and need to insert a new picture into a specfic area each time I use the template. i thought I would get by by insertig a text box and then inserting the picture into it, but that does not happen. Any ideas Anthony Ehmm, a PictureBox maybe? "Anthony" <Anthony@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht news:0E504E4D-77E0-49E8-B996-AA57B879739E@microsoft.com... >I have a template in excel and need to insert a new picture into a specfic > area each time I use the template. i thought I would get by by insertig a > text box and then inse...

Microsoft Mail without Exchange server
Hello all, Just wondering if I can setup microsoft internal mail without having an exchange server. All machines are running Windows 2000Pro with Office 2000Pro. I have one workstation that can serve as a postoffice but we can not afford an exchange server Thanks Jay http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2004-50,GGLD:en&q=outlook+2000+microsoft+mail+postoffice --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account ...

Exchange Licenses???
We are just moving from SBS to regular windows network. We will have 80 licenses (per device) for Exchange 2003. Can you tell me where I can go in Exchange to see how many licenses are currently in use? I want to make sure we are not ordering more licenses than we need. Thank you so much! -Douglas If you are ordering per Device then count up your Devices (computers) in Active Directory Users and Computers under Computers. Also might consider any Windows CE devices too. -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Douglas McIver" <doug...

NTBackup Exchange Problem
When run NTBackup on the Exchange server, the NTBackup error message said: "the server is not a Microsoft Exchange mail server or Exchange services is not start" At this time we can run NTBackup from another Exchange Server and backup data for the one that have the problems. The TechNet suggested to replaced the required files: NTBackup.exe, Edbbcli.dll, Edbback.dll and Msvcrt40.dll files into ...-Root\System32\. After replaced the required files, we still have the same problems. Anyone have any ideal we could tried??? Thanks CDJM wrote: > When run NTBackup on the E...

Exchange server monitoring #2
Hi Experts, I am having a small challenge with exchange monitoring. You can start a script or send an email when a server is in critical or in warning state. so far so good... but I want to do the same when a server is unreachable. There are several servers monitoring each other. Is there a way to accomplish this? Thank you very much... Please reply to the group. Kind regards, Remy Microsoft Operations Manager (MOM) can do it. "Remy" <nospam@nospam.never> wrote in message news:uazDv60%23EHA.1188@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi Experts, > > I am having a sma...

Does Exchange Server keep a copy of emails in a user's email accou
If you archive a certain amount of emails on a user's account, will the those email appear back in the inbox if you remove the email profile and re-add the profile back to outlook? No, not if they were archived and removed from the server. -- -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE...

Outlook & Exchange, any better way to see original message with NDR?
We recently moved over to Exchange, and our users are complaining about having to open an NDR, and click "send again" to see the original message. The message is obviously there as an attachment, as it can be seen in OWA, but Outlook appears to hide the attachments solely on NDRs. Is there some option somewhere I can toggle to show the attachment in Outlook? (We're using Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003) ...

Outlook wont connect to Exchange Server, but web Outlook works fin
I just setup a new windows 2003 server running exchange 2003. We have a windows 2000 server running as the only domain controller. When i try to configure outlook, it wont connect to the mailbox on the exchange server. It says action could not be completed, the name could not be resolved. However if i open up the web outlook it does connect fine. Could this be a license issue?? The windows 2000 Domain controller is configured with 50 license (per server) mode. The windows 2003 and exchange 2003 are both configured with 50 user (per server mode) as well. Thanks, Greg Is you imap servi...

Upgrading exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003
Hi I have done alot of research and I have few questions which I want to clear up before I run the upgrade on production servers. Right now, we have two NT 4.0 domains i.e. abc.com (abc) and test.com (test). We have one exchange 5.5 server in abc.com domain running on windows 2000 server with latest service packs (users email address as user@abc.com). First, I am planning to upgrade our windows enviroment from NT 4.0 to 2003 Active directory. The way I have planned is that we are going to have one root domain as new.local which will be the first domain controller in the forest and it will be...

Exchange Connectors #2
Hello, Our company has been using internet email for years. Now, we would like to use Exchange with the POP3 connector to download email into an Exchange database for many reasons. However, we use our ISP for POP3 inbound mail, but SBC Yahoo's SMTP server for outbound. Is there a way to configure exchange so it uses the POP3 connector for inbound, but still uses a different SMTP server for outbound? Any help is appreciated. Regards, Matthew White Is there a reason you wouldn't just eliminate the external server entirely and have mail delivered directly to your server an...

DPM 2010 Beta Exchange Cluster Recovery
I am experiencing a problem in DPM 2010 Beta. I was attempting to verify that I was able to recover an Exchange Database from DPM. From the recovery tab I expand the Exchange cluster, and then expand the “All Protected Exchange Data”. I have 5 databases that are being backed up, when I click on any one of them DPM collapses all of the folders to only show the “Recoverable Data” folder with a plus next to it. Making it seem as though there is no data available to recover. Thanks, Bret Hi Bret, Yes, DPM collapses all the folders if there are no recovery points for that ...

EXchange SERVER not available #3
Hello. When I load my outlook 2003 on my new HP computer, it won't load and get stuck when trying to load welcome settings. It also says my Server is not unavailable when I can access it via the internet (is a univeristy account). I tried to download Eudora using IMAP and same thing happened. The exact directions from my university settings/server were followed. Please help. I have repaired/reinstalled office and have the same problem. Whose fault is this the computer, program, or server. Have emailed server people for help. Thanks. VAS I'd start with saying the server is at ...

IRA Account Question
I am using MS Money 2006 Premium, switching over recently from Quicken. Early in the year, I rolled a 401K from a previous job into an IRA and entered this into Money as an IRA. I am not currently contributing to it, so the only change in the account is the monthly interest. I am struggling with the way Money handles all this. When looking at "Dave's IRA Holdings" I see the following: 1. Under Account Summary, it says "The account currently has in investments in it. You can add a new investment here." 2. Under Investment Transactions, it shows no transactions, with th...

Exchange + Domain Troubles.
E2K3 on E2K. I have 6 email servers, 4 mailbox, one front end and one Public Folder. I have 5 domain controllers, all are global catalogs. The DC next to the email servers gets backed up ane rebooted on Wednesday night. It drives my exchange servers crazy for the time the DC is rebooting. I get plenty of RFR directory service and FRS errors. I think it has to do with (Servers, Server, right click Properties, Directory Access) I only have the one DC listed. Should I manually add the other DCs to calm the exchange servers? Thanks, Fred Yes....do you have it set to automatically...

XML Query Question
Hi, I have the following node within a xml document. <Results> <Result> <RecordID>1</RecordID> ... </Result> <Result> <RecordID>2</RecordID> ... </Result> <Result> <RecordID>1</RecordID> ... </Result> </Results> I am currently parsing this document using XMLDocument and looping through the Result nodes. I need to group the nodes by recordID. And compare to the records. How do I do this? Thanks xmlDocument.selectNodes("XP...

mailbox move-Exchange 2003
I cannot successfully move a mailbox from one storage group into another. I keep getting the error message "mailbox cannot be moved until cleanup operations complete". I have run cleanup operations several times and it still does not work. What else would cause this issue? Is the a mailbox already present in the target store for the same user that you might need to purge? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:79574F77-FCF6-4813-9D21-DBA92DA41727@...

dumb data type question
i have a field [SortOrder] which is data type - number field size - decimal format - standard precision - 8 decimal places - 2 however, whn in datasheet view, if if enter a numer (let's say; 150.10, Access immediately changes it to 150.00 Sorry to say, i give up, could someone tell me what i am doing wrong? -mark (when i first created this atble, the field [SortOrder] had an incorrect data type of text; which was subsequently changed to number after a small amount of data had already been entered...) Mark A side curiosity ... if the field ...

cant' find KB about UPN and OWA
Does anyone know where to find the contents of KB267906 It was at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=267906 thks in advance Ed Typically these are missing because they have been pulled for re-editing etc.... I will try to find out and report back here if I do. On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 14:56:02 -0700, edicer <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Does anyone know where to find the contents of KB267906? > >It was at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=267906? > >thks in advance. > >Ed ...

OWA and Attachments #2
Is there a way (without buying 3rd party software) to allow users to open/view/modify attachments in OWA? I have several Directors accessing their mail from home and attached files play a big role for them. Thanks... Brandon On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 12:38:47 -0500, "BMac" <bcmchenry@nmrc.state.ms.us> wrote: >Is there a way (without buying 3rd party software) to allow users to >open/view/modify attachments in OWA? I have several Directors accessing >their mail from home and attached files play a big role for them. > >Thanks... > >Brandon > This has...

Hosted exchange opinions
Can anyone comment on hosted exchange services as compared to stand-alone Outlook (not in a server) and Outlook on an in-house server? Would a hosted exchange service make sense for just 2-3 PCs who want to share a calendar and some contact folders? Any major drawbacks? Any feedbakc oni specific hosts? What about SherWeb? http://www.sherweb.com/) Thanks a bunch If you need to share outlook content, including calendars and email, or need to access calendar, contacts, and email from anywhere, hosted exchange makes a lot of sense - even for a single user. IMHO, cost is the only drawback...

Exchange 2K7 and ACL on GALs
Hi, I'm looking for a convenient way t set ACL on address list and GAL, seems that we can't do it via the GUI and didn't found the parameters to do it via PS. So I'm left with ADSIEDIT but wonder if there isn't a better way. Thanks for your help -- Daniel Falconetti ...

olInboxItems_ItemAdd and exchange
Hi, I have an outlook macro that runs in ThisOutlookSession and uses olInboxItems_ItemAdd(ByVal Item As Object) as its trigger. It takes a look at new mails recieved and does some fancy stuff with them. The problem I have is that when it is applied to outlook connected to exchange, it works fine while outlook is opne and a new mail is recieved, but for mails recieved while outlook is closed (i.e they all appear next time it is opened) the routine does not trigger. First, I'm not sure why this is - they still appear as new mails, and this isnt true of outlook using pop3 accounts, and sec...