DST

I have read a lot of posts about the DST change but I am still a little
confused; please help me out!

We have Exchange 2000 running on Windows 2000 Server.  It looks like
Microsoft is not going to release publicly the DST patches for either of
these.  My questions are these:

1.  For the OS, we just have to manually run the Time Zone Editor
(Tzedit.exe tool) to update the OS?  If we use the East coast of the US (New
York), we just have to update the Eastern Time, right?  Not the Pacifix Time,
etc?

2.  For our Exchange 2000, is the Exchange patch and the CDO update the same
thing?  If we do not install this update, will out Outlook 2003 clients be
affected?  Also, how will out Blackberry clients be affected?

3.  There also a Time Zone Data Update Tool.  We do not have to run this
right?  We can just tell our users to modify their appointments?

Thanks.
0
wli2k2 (48)

> 1.  For the OS, we just have to manually run the Time Zone Editor
> (Tzedit.exe tool) to update the OS?  If we use the East coast of the US
> (New
> York), we just have to update the Eastern Time, right?  Not the Pacific
> Time,
> etc?

Yes.

Based on how the registry edits look, that seems to be correct. But no one
has said if the application looks in the other keys as well. We did them all
to be on the safe side.

> 2.  For our Exchange 2000, is the Exchange patch and the CDO update the
> same
> thing?  If we do not install this update, will out Outlook 2003 clients be
> affected?  Also, how will out Blackberry clients be affected?

Yes.

Outlook itself should not be affected, however if you have any third-party
add-ins, they might be affected.

Blackberry clients will have the time off by an hour IF they use the BES and
not the local software. Importantly, if they CREATE or MODIFY a calcndar
item on the Blackberry, it will be seen by all attendees as off an hour.

> 3.  There also a Time Zone Data Update Tool.  We do not have to run this
> right?  We can just tell our users to modify their appointments?

That's what we did.

Ray.

0
Ray

DST Question
All, Can anyone tell me how recurring appointments that fall within the beginning and ending windows of the new DST will respond once Exchange/Outlook have been patched? I somehow got tasked to explaining this to our user group... My understanding is that recurring appointments that were originally set up within one of the windows will show a 1 hour difference from expected during the windows. For example, in 2006 I created a recurring appointment on March 8, with the time being set to 2:00 Central. My expectation is that during the start window, this appointment will show 3:00 Cent...

Exchange 2003/Outlook 2003 DST
I have installed the OS Patch, Exchange Patch and I'm running the tool. Are the appointments from Mar 12 - Apr 4, and the last week in Oct. supposed to be off by an hour, or am I missing something? Thank you, BM I did the same thing. Patched the OS, Patched Exchange 2003sp2 and then ran the tool. The tool did not correct the time appointments displayed from Mar 12 - April 4. In fact, in some cases it moved appointments that were already displaying correctly and left the incorrectly displayed appointments alone. "BM" wrote: > I have installed the OS Patch, Excha...

More DST stuff
Hey guys, So I'm at the point where I need to install 926666 (all server OS and clients are patched). My question relates to a posting on the MSExchange team site that says in order to avoid issues with 926666 that the store version should be atleast 7650.23. I have E2K3 with SP2 installed and my store version is only 7638.2. Any idea what will get my store level up? WIndows update would be reasonable but how would windows updates affect my store version? Thanks, Dan On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 16:00:10 -0800, Dan <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hey guys, > So ...

DST
I have read a lot of posts about the DST change but I am still a little confused; please help me out! We have Exchange 2000 running on Windows 2000 Server. It looks like Microsoft is not going to release publicly the DST patches for either of these. My questions are these: 1. For the OS, we just have to manually run the Time Zone Editor (Tzedit.exe tool) to update the OS? If we use the East coast of the US (New York), we just have to update the Eastern Time, right? Not the Pacifix Time, etc? 2. For our Exchange 2000, is the Exchange patch and the CDO update the same thing? If ...

DST Exchange patch after DST desktop patch? Any conflicts?
We are getting ready to do the DST patch on the Exchange servers. I was wondering if there will be any problems if some of our users have jumped the gun and installed the desktop patch themselves already? Will the Exhcange patch be able to tell whcih mailboxes have already been patched by the users? I don't want to adjust the time twice. Thanks, Rich - One option is to have users specify the time in the subject field of mailboxes, another one being to have users print out appointments from the affected extended DST period, particularly the first 3 weeks from March 11 - April 1. -...

New DST Questions
I have one Exchange 2003 server and 50 Outlook 2003 clients on XP. In 20 words or less, can someone tell me what I need to run, and when I need to run it? On Feb 8, 3:02 pm, dlw <d...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have one Exchange 2003 server and 50 Outlook 2003 clients on XP. > > In 20 words or less, can someone tell me what I need to run, and when I need > to run it? Short answer: no. The DST changes are complex and require some legwork and decisions before you even perform the first patching. You should go to the Microsoft DST web page (http://www.microsoft...

DST update
Hi, we have updated all servers and exchange servers with updates 926666 and 930241 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/930241) Since all servers are ok except for the main cluster we use. It has two Mailboxe stores, one is mounting ok and the second one not. When i try to mount it manually i receive that error: You do not have the permissions required to complete the operation on the Information Store. ID no: c1041723 Of course i use a domain admin account enabled that has never had issues before mounting stores. The very strange thing is that it is possible for mailboxes contained in that m...

OWA and DST
All, we ran the DST tools on ISA server including the vbscript that modifies permissions so that another script can change user's calendars. This worked fine but since then, users can't connect reliably to OWA. In particular, Macs get the following error: http/1.1 New Session Failed Now this is with normal users. I am a full administrator on Exchange, and I can access it just fine from a Mac. I suspect the vbs file I ran is somewhat responsible for this, because of the permission changes, but I was hoping you good folks would know for sure, and how to fix it. Thank you! ...

DST issue
I entered the catalog item: <Feature Name="Item" CatalogItemId="Item:MS:sysgen_timesvc_dst" /> and confirmed that the device has the registry key: HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Clock\AutoDST = 1 But the device still does not automatically adjust for DST. I set the timezone to Pacific, set the time to 3/14/2010 at 1:59AM, waited for one minute...and the time changed to 2:00AM instead of 3:00AM. What am I missing? Thanks. which OS version are you using? have you updated it with the relevant qfes which deal with the changing in DST starting day? -...

DST recurring meetings
Just to make sure. I could have sworn I read somewhere that when using tzmove recurring meetings do not get updated. Only single instance. I couldn't find the article that I had read but can anyone confirm for me that this is true? TIA, Jackson - That's not true - recurring meetings do get rebased. - Recurring meetings also have the time zone embedded in the meeting. A recurring meeting created with DST 2007 time zone rules will not get rebased wrongly if running the rebasing tool - single-instance items will. - Items rebased once will not get rebased again. -- Bharat Sun...

Exchange 2007 DST
Do i need to install any patches on my Exchange server if i am running Exchange 2007? the OS is windows 2003 sp1 standard. Also if my clients are running Outlook 2003 what patch do i need to install on the clients machine? thanks The OS will need the Feb. 2007 Cumulative Time Zone Update (931836). Exchange Server 2007 does not need a CDO patch like previous versions of Exchange do. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "skip" <skip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

DST and timestamps
I have two environments SBS 2003 and Windows 2003 (Exchange 2003) domains and we've applied all updates concerning the DST, but I notice that the timestamp on sent mail are still 1 hr behind. I tried sending a test mail to a hotmail account, when I replied from the Hotmail account and received it the timestamp was ok. Just mail going out of the network. Thanks for any help in advance I've done the same and noticed the same. Time itself on the servers is fine, but timestamps are still an hour late. Help! John "Mick34" <Mick34@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

dst and outlook
If I patch my Exchange servers and the client OS. Do I have to patch the outlook client itself? You only need to patch the OS Outlook runs on. The "patch" for outlook is to adjust appointments that may be affected. You can either have users run the outlook patch or the admin can use a server version of the same patch to fix appointments for the users. links to both files can be found at http://www.slipstick.com/emo/2007/up070201.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/begi...

Times changed after DST
I have a job that runs at 3:10am every day and sends me an email with the results. All the emails before the change to DST were timed with 3:10am. when viewed on days b4 DST. Now after the change all of these emails are timed at 4:10am. The job that ran on the 15th is timed at 3:10am. All of my time related options appear to be correct. Why did the time change on emails processed b4 DST??? This also happened to files and their 'Date Modified' as viewed in windows explorer. It now appears if I need to prove that I created a file or sent an email at a particular time ...

Calendar update for DST during a migration
I am in the middle of a forest consolidation. If I run the calendar update on all the current users calendars on the target server, will I have to run the fix for subsequent users migrated AFTER the fix has been applied? I wouldn't think so, but since these mailboxes will be filled with existing items from the source forest, do you think I will need to re-run the tool for these users? Or will users added after the patch simply work correctly? If the items were not rebased in the source Forest and they are in the affected "extended" DST 2007 period (March 11-April 1 o...

DST Planning
The first question I have is with update KB926666 to my Exchange 2003. If you apply this update you then do not have to run the Time zone update on each users workstation correct? Second question is we have a large Exchange environment. Can we deploy this updated out to some of our small sites for testing purposes or do we need to put it on all exch boxes at the same time (Multiple Domain Env)? Last question is should you apply the KB928388 update to all Windows 2003 servers before or after the KB926666 Exchange update? Any help is appreciated!! Microsoft recommends to install the Win...

Outlook and DST
I'm sure this has been beaten many times but here's my dilemma... Exchange 2003 - Patched with KB926666 Server 2003 - Patched with kb970653-V3 XP workstations- Patched with kb955389 I have 400 users in the company and only a handful of them are having the DST issue with appoinments/meetings moved an hour ahead beginning the week of March 15th. I even have one user on Outlook 2007 and I ran the Time Zone Data Update Tool and it came back saying "No appointments, meetings, or reminders were found that need to be moved to the new time zone." I just don'...

More dst update
Hi gurus I have an exchange 2000 on a windows 2000 server, we do not run OWA, we have applied dst update to servers and client, we use OL2003 on clients computer and a few of them on OL2000. 1) if I do not run OWA do I still need to apply KB 930879? 2) we only have a few machines XP one w2k, do I need to run besides the xp patch, also the tzmove for OL2003 on the client machine, to get this calendar deal resolve? I would say is easier to run the OL patch on the client and let the tzmove deal with the mailbox. Thanks for the help On Mar 7, 9:32 pm, naguaramipana <naguaramip...@...

More DST Hell
As is evident from the replies to my post of 2/26, lots of folks are DST confused -including Microsoft. The site 'http://support.microsoft.com/gp/cp_dst' gives me links to 926666 when I input Exchange 2000 on W2K server(!?!). They won't directly tell you "no, you're just out of luck with E2k", but they bury the bad news in an article about E2k3SP2, where the inference is that they won't be updating the CDO.dll on that product. Here is what I told on of my many confused clients - Am I correct? "The only affect of not updating Exchange 2000 by paying th...

Exchange Tool for DST
How fast is the script running for some of your enviornments? I have roughly 300 to 350 mailboxes on a single server. Some users rely heavily on their calendar, and OWA, others don't use their calendars much at all. What type of perfomance hit can I expect on my exchange server while the script is running? Do users need to be logged out of their mailboxes while the script runs? Depends on the number of users, the number of calendar items in the affected period that need to be rebased, the number of attendees in each meeting (because meeting updates will be sent for each meeting...

Help with DST
Greetings, I would like to know if you have place all the DST patches on the clients, servers, and apps but have not run the Exchange calendar clean up tool against your mailboxes or public folders, will you have any issues come fall. Becase we only publish 6 months worth of calendars will the apps and tasks have the right DST infomation because of the new CDO dll? If not why? Also if there will be issues and I need to run the tool can I run it after April 1st and not have the users notice any changes? Thanks, D On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 07:56:06 -0700, DW <DW@discussions.microsoft....

DST Updates
I want to be certain I covered all my updates. I read on another post that Outlook had update 931667. When I looked this up, it was an article pertaining to the Outlook Time Zone Tool. I applied the following updates: 1. 931836 (Windows Server 2003) 2. 926666 (Exchange Server) Does Outlook have an update as well? I am using the Exchange Calendar Update tool sparingly. Thanks for your reply. *No specific updates for Outlook per se*. If you've installed CDO (required for apps like ACT that use CDO on the client), you may need to apply the CDO patch KB 932962. http://blogs.tec...

2007 dst issue
the client i support currently has about 20 exchange 2003 sp1 servers (mixed FE/BE (mostly clusters) PF, BH) i am putting a plan in place to move to sp2 early next year i have since come across article 926666 regarding the post sp2 exchange update for 2007 dst change i have built a test environment to successfully create this issue i have a 2003 sp1 dc and a 2003 sp1 server with exchange 2003 sp2 including the windows dst update but not the exchange update i then created a test mailbox and from outlook setup 5 calendar entries the week of march 26 at various times when viewing in OWA, al...

DST Update ??
Is everyone having fun in their personal DST hell? Question... I am getting ready to run the exchange calendar update tool on one of our offices in Michigan however when I do that and look at the mailbox list before actually running the tool it shows everyone's mailbox timezone as Central (which is where I am) I am running the tool from a VMWare image with the internal TZ set to Eastern. I have not applied any of the patches to the server yet other than the OS patch. Is that my problem? Ryan Is everybody's time zone Central? The tool picks up the mailbox time zones from th...

DST Problem?
Hi, I have a problem with my Exchange Server, all meetings are 1hr ahead. This is what I did and I am wondering if there is a way to fix this. I first update a registry entry in Windows 2000 then I upgraded from Exchange 2000 to 2003 applied all patches to Exchange and Service pack 2. I am wondering why did this happen and how could i fix the problem. Thank you, G. Spiro Did you rebase existing appointments in extended DST period? http://exchangepedia.com/blog/2007/02/dst-2007-understanding-what-needs-to-be.html -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: ...