DST Exchange Tool : getting : 0X80004005 : Unable to find mailbox timezone error

Hi

Running the tool for users on an Exchange 5.5 server, getting a lot of users
with error : 0X80004005 : Unable to find mailbox timezone error...

We know that these users have logged in outlook before, but don't use OWA in
this org.

Can anyone help... Have several thousand users to get trough...

Thanks !!!

thinkpad21 (78)

If you know their time zone, just copy then to mailboxes_1.txt. Add
server name and time zone. Use Excel fill down function, then save it
as mailboxes_1.txt, run the batch file.

On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 23:29:44 -0500, "Thinkpad21"
<thinkpad21@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Hi
>
>Running the tool for users on an Exchange 5.5 server, getting a lot of users
>with error : 0X80004005 : Unable to find mailbox timezone error...
>
>We know that these users have logged in outlook before, but don't use OWA in
>this org.
>
>Can anyone help... Have several thousand users to get trough...
>
>Thanks !!!
0
ubest (24)
2/25/2007 5:18:52 AM
Also, make sure there are no tabs or spaces after the time zone name, it will
choke on that, too.

"UBEST" wrote:

> If you know their time zone, just copy then to mailboxes_1.txt. Add
> server name and time zone. Use Excel fill down function, then save it
> as mailboxes_1.txt, run the batch file.
>
> On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 23:29:44 -0500, "Thinkpad21"
> <thinkpad21@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi
> >
> >Running the tool for users on an Exchange 5.5 server, getting a lot of users
> >with error : 0X80004005 : Unable to find mailbox timezone error...
> >
> >We know that these users have logged in outlook before, but don't use OWA in
> >this org.
> >
> >Can anyone help... Have several thousand users to get trough...
> >
> >Thanks !!!

Possible issues for that error code:

1. Make sure that you select a profile with administrator privileges and the
profile is configured in online mode.
2. You might receive "Unable to find mailbox time zone: Error 0x80004005"
(you can check the msextmz.log for errors). This might happen if the mailbox
has never been logged into. To resolve this, login to OWA for the user
specified in the error message and create a meeting request or an
appointment and try re-running the tool again.

Dgoldman
http://blogs.msdn.com/dgoldman

"Marvin P. Winterbottom" <MarvinPWinterbottom@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:0497AA00-2DE5-4329-974F-052D2BF0B4D5@microsoft.com...
> Also, make sure there are no tabs or spaces after the time zone name, it
> will
> choke on that, too.
>
> "UBEST" wrote:
>
>> If you know their time zone, just copy then to mailboxes_1.txt. Add
>> server name and time zone. Use Excel fill down function, then save it
>> as mailboxes_1.txt, run the batch file.
>>
>> On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 23:29:44 -0500, "Thinkpad21"
>> <thinkpad21@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Hi
>> >
>> >Running the tool for users on an Exchange 5.5 server, getting a lot of
>> >users
>> >with error : 0X80004005 : Unable to find mailbox timezone error...
>> >
>> >We know that these users have logged in outlook before, but don't use
>> >OWA in
>> >this org.
>> >
>> >Can anyone help... Have several thousand users to get trough...
>> >
>> >Thanks !!!

0
Dgoldman9268 (137)

Removal of original mailbox store
I have been doing some reorganizing of my mailbox stores and would like to remove the original mailbox store that was created during the original installation because I have moved all of the mailboxes to other mailboxe stores. Is there a way to do this? If I can't remove it, is there a way to safely perform an offline defragmentation of the message store. Thanks for any help you can provide. -- Midwest Muskie On Mon, 9 Jan 2006 06:29:05 -0800, "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have been doing some reorganizing of my mailbox stores and would like...

How to get SUMPRODUCT on filtered cells
I'm currently using the formula =SUMPRODUCT((F2:I1475>=1)*(F2:I1475<=9999)) This gives me the number of the full range of cells but I need this to update whenever I use a variety of filters. Any help is greatly appreciated Sam.D Say we have data in A1 thru B29 like: flia value 0 pass 2 pass 1 pass 2 pass 1 pass 2 pass 0 pass 2 pass 1 pass 2 pass 1 pass 0 pass 2 pass 0 pass 1 pass 1 fail 1 fail 0 fail 2 fail 1 fail 0 fail 1 fail 2 fail 1 fail 1 fail 1 fail 1 fail 2 fail and are appling autofilter to column a. We want to use sumpr...

Removing the first "Mailbox Store"
Is there a Q article regarding removal of the first Mailbox Store? I rememebered that this was possible and took a little tinkering to transfer the SA mailbox to another mailbox store. I would like to remove the first mailbox store from the server and leave the three new ones up. If you can help or offer suggestions, that would be great! Thanks, Bob Found the answer... it contains some config information that needs to be moved. Thus, I renamed it. Bob "Bob Christian" <BobChristian@removethis.gmail.com> wrote in message news:OMlBZCzjEHA.4068@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... >...

Why do I get four postcards to the same person when I mail merge?
I merged my Excel document with my Publisher document just now and did a print preview, but the 4-up view shows that all 4 are heading to the same person. How do I tell Publisher that each "up" is a different address? If you are using 2003, this is a bug. If you are unsure there is a test print on the print dialogue screen. Use plain paper for the test. If you are using 2007, be certain you select multiple pages per sheet. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Batmantis275" <Batmantis275@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:324C9E10-38C9-4DA0-89C...

Exchange 2007 Evaluation version #2

Getting List of Visible Windows
Hi All, I am working on a problem that requires me to know whether or not any part of a particular window is visible (even if it's like a one pixel corner). In my misunderstanding, I thought that ::IsWindowVisible would cover it, but it looks like that call just verifies that the hWnd actually has a dialog box. I was able to take it a step further and find out whether or not a window is minimized using ::GetWindowPlacement, but I really need to find out if a window is visible or not (in other words, not completely covered by higher z-order windows). Is there some sort of API call that ...

How can I instantly delete emails? I get a strikethrough + purge

Edit Microsoft Exchange System Object with ADSI
When I applied a new recipient policy to add a 2nd domain name to our users, I applied it to all rather than using a filter to only pick the users in the Users OU. Everything was still fine but we have one conflict. A public folder had the same name as a user and thus had the same email address. We are getting the event:Event ID: 9514 Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeIS Description: Two objects in the Directory have the same proxy - /DC=COM/DC=[DomainName]/CN=[ContainerName1]/CN=[Object1] and /DC=COM/DC=[DomainName]/CN=[ContainerName2]/CN=[Object2] I deleted the public folder b...

Unable to create more Windows NT accounts for Exchange mailboxes
Hi Guys, Currently our Exchange server stopped allowing the creation of more Windows NT Accounts with the following error"Insufficient System Resources exist to complete the requested service".Pls is there a way out of this? We run Exchange 5.5 SP3 on Windows NT Server. -- Buchi ...

A rule that places a new email in a sub Folder doesnt get displayed
Create a folder; Create a rule that moves new mails to that folder; Happy as larry. When a new mail arrives, outlook shows a blue numeric value next to the folder to indicate unread messages. However, if you add another folder to the folder created above, ie a sub folder and create a rule to move new email, you have to have the tree fully extended to be informed of a new email. Is there a way to see if an new email has been sent to a sub folder without having the tree list expanded? Cheers Phil What version of Outlook and what Service Pack level? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outloo...

ESM error
I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I have Exchange2k3 SP2 running on a Win2k3 server. Our Exchange Admin is out on medical leave so I am resuming his responsibilities. My problem is I cannot access some of the storage groups using exchange system manager. We have 4 mailbox stores and I get an error trying to access 3 of them. The error is "An unknown error has occurred. ID no: 80040d1b Exchange System Manager". What is really puzzling is if I click on a storage group a second time, I don't get the error but the storage group shows up as empty. I have thi...

Upgrading from Exchange 2000 Standard to Enterprise Cal ? #2
Hello Everyone, I know the upgrade process from exchange 2000 standard to enterprise seems pretty straight forward. However, I have a cal question. Are my standard cals still good with this upgrade. Say I have right now standard 2000 with 30 cals. If I upgrade to Exchange 2000 Enterprise with 25 cals to pass the 16mb limitation. Would I then only have the 25 cals or 55 total cals? Thanks ...

In Excel program shows a broken line and don't know how to get ri.

#Error Message
I have created a calculation to count the number of people and placed it in the Name Footer: =count([EyNumber]) and called the unbound box, CountNames. When there are no results it returns the #Error message. How can I remove this error message and display a message like, "No Data", or display the true results of a count? I have tried using the IsError function but can't seem to get it to work. Thanks Hi Nigel, Try: =IIf(IsError([EyNumber]), "No Data", Count([EyNumber]) Clifford Bass Nigel wrote: >I have created a calculatio...

Getting Started With Barcodes
Hi, We've just opened our second retail clothing store. This expansion means we're going to have to start using barcodes to keep track of our inventory (inventory is now entered into RMS manually). The issue is we have no idea how to get started. Is there some sort of primer on barcodes and supply-chain management that we could use as a starting point? Does anyone have any suggestions/experiences with barcodes and RMS they'd be willing to share? We'd really like to build this thing properly from the start. TIA Well, first let me ask this question. Does most of your i...

how do I get a chat room set up?
It looks like I downloaded a php from fantastico so I could add a chat-room. I don't know how to have it show up on my site? emsrotor <emsrotor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >It looks like I downloaded a php from fantastico so I could add a chat-room. >I don't know how to have it show up on my site? ask this in microsoft.public.expression.webdesigner ...

Exchange 5.5 <-> Exchange 2000 cannot rebuild ADC
I have two servers, one is Exchange 5.5, one is Exchange 2000. They are normally connected via the ADC. However, occasionally, these servers will lose sync, and the only previous recourse was a reboot, and a rebuilding of the ADC. Required a bit of extra "manpower", but it got the job done. So, we went through and tried it again to fix a problem, and now we cannot get the ADC back up. When I try to set the destination or source for the ADC to place/get information to/from the Exchange 5.5 system, I get the following error: "The Exchange server specified does not meet the...

Problems getting to server?
I have a customer who is saying that if he tries to get to a email server I am running, he can't get to it on the 1st attempt using Outlook Express. He has to browse to a web page that I am hosting, view that page. Then open OE, and his email will work fine. Has anyone heard of this, and have any solutions? Thanks, Steve Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=Internet...

i renamed a file i needed and lost the info how do i get it back?
I had 2 files with the same name in excel. After I excited excel, I wanted to rename my new file, and I thought I was renaming the new file, but I actually renamed the old file I was working in and when it said this file exists do you want to change I said yes. I lost all my work. How do I get it back? You can't unless you had a backup. Not nice to excite excel. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Tera" <Tera@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6545DD51-3597-45DB-A187-F248ED970C8F@microsoft.com... >I had 2 files with the same n...

Mailbox Cleanup Agent #2
Hi. We need to delete a few mailboxes on our Exchange 2003 Server. We've deleted the AD acounts but when we go into system nanager and try to choose purge, it's greyed out. Our retention period for deleted mailboxes is 30 days. Can we run the cleanup agent now on the live system to speed up the deletion of the mailboxes? Or is it not recommended? Thanks Matt On 3 May 2006 06:37:15 -0700, "Jim C" <matt_hather@o2.co.uk> wrote: >Hi. > >We need to delete a few mailboxes on our Exchange 2003 Server. > >We've deleted the AD acounts but when we g...

Trail Version of Exchange
Hello I have installed and i am test the trail verion of Exchange (180 days) How do i check how many days i have left, as i cannot remember when i installed this Thanks Andy One way to do this would be to fire up ADSIEdit and find out when the Exchange Server object was created in your Exchange Org in the Configuration naming context. Perhaps there are other ways as well, including app. event log... -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Andrew" <not@home.com> ...