DRP - the best way?

Hi all,

I'm using Ex2003 standard, which is only supporting 25 users.  I intend to
set up a branch office as a disaster recovery site with some fast comms links
and duplicate hardware.  At present I have dedicated servers for DC's (2),
SQL (1), Ex2003(1), Data (1), Terminal Services (1).
Because the DR site only needs to support 3-5 users and it is likely we
would relocate within 3 days of any disaster I am going to install a single
server of very decent spec.  i.e. dual xeon / terrabyte, 4gb ram etc. etc.

My question is this.  Is there an relatively straight forward way of
duplicating the whole information store / mailboxes etc. to this new box so
that, in the event of a disaster, a user could simply login at this site and
get mail?

I'm sure this has been done many times so any pointers greatly appreciated.
Many thanks.
Mike
0
MikeK (56)

Mike,

Having all those applications on the same server should work but is not
recommended by Microsoft.  With that disclaimer out of the way it's actually
not that hard to switch a few users over.   Follow the below overview steps:

1.	Build your DR Exchange server with a unique name in the same Admin group.
 Ensure that it has the same storage groups and store configuration as the
primary server.  Make sure that all database paths match and circular log
settings are the same.  You are basically creating the structure for the
databases to reside in.
2.	To get the data over you can backup Exchange on the primary server then
simply restore it to your DR server.  Note that some backup applications
prevent you from restoring exchange to a server with a different name.  If
all else fails you can stop Exchange on the production server and simply copy
ALL databases and logs over to the replica server.  I’ll let you figure out
how to make this a smooth process.  ;)
3.	To switch the users you can use an ADSI script or ldifde.  For more
details please see
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/DROpsGuide/34ef81f8-95b4-41de-adf8-1b143f1ec310.mspx

NOTE: Above I list the hard way.  There are products out there that can
replicate the data real-time so you always have a copy of the data in your
remote site.  Then when a failure occurs they provide tools to help you
failover.  One product that will be cost effective and supported in your
situation is WANSyncDR from XOsoft.  You can download a fully featured two
week trail version from www.xosoft.com.  I have personally tested,
implemented and used this product in a production environment twice.  Once at
our old site and again here at our new location.  It’s worked great!

--
- David Aschmann
MCSE: Messaging, Security+

"Mike K" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm using Ex2003 standard, which is only supporting 25 users.  I intend to
> set up a branch office as a disaster recovery site with some fast comms links
> and duplicate hardware.  At present I have dedicated servers for DC's (2),
> SQL (1), Ex2003(1), Data (1), Terminal Services (1).
> Because the DR site only needs to support 3-5 users and it is likely we
> would relocate within 3 days of any disaster I am going to install a single
> server of very decent spec.  i.e. dual xeon / terrabyte, 4gb ram etc. etc.
>
> My question is this.  Is there an relatively straight forward way of
> duplicating the whole information store / mailboxes etc. to this new box so
> that, in the event of a disaster, a user could simply login at this site and
> get mail?
>
> I'm sure this has been done many times so any pointers greatly appreciated.
> Many thanks.
> Mike
Thanks for taking the time to reply.  I am looking at Neverfail at the moment
and will also now evaluate WANSyncDR.  Does it work with SQL by the way?
Thanks,
Mike

"David Aschmann" wrote:

> Mike,
>
> Having all those applications on the same server should work but is not
> recommended by Microsoft.  With that disclaimer out of the way it's actually
> not that hard to switch a few users over.   Follow the below overview steps:
>
> 1.	Build your DR Exchange server with a unique name in the same Admin group.
>  Ensure that it has the same storage groups and store configuration as the
> primary server.  Make sure that all database paths match and circular log
> settings are the same.  You are basically creating the structure for the
> databases to reside in.
> 2.	To get the data over you can backup Exchange on the primary server then
> simply restore it to your DR server.  Note that some backup applications
> prevent you from restoring exchange to a server with a different name.  If
> all else fails you can stop Exchange on the production server and simply copy
> ALL databases and logs over to the replica server.  I’ll let you figure out
> how to make this a smooth process.  ;)
> 3.	To switch the users you can use an ADSI script or ldifde.  For more
> details please see:
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/DROpsGuide/34ef81f8-95b4-41de-adf8-1b143f1ec310.mspx
>
> NOTE: Above I list the hard way.  There are products out there that can
> replicate the data real-time so you always have a copy of the data in your
> remote site.  Then when a failure occurs they provide tools to help you
> failover.  One product that will be cost effective and supported in your
> situation is WANSyncDR from XOsoft.  You can download a fully featured two
> week trail version from www.xosoft.com.  I have personally tested,
> implemented and used this product in a production environment twice.  Once at
> our old site and again here at our new location.  It’s worked great!
>
> --
> - David Aschmann
> MCSE: Messaging, Security+
>

> "Mike K" wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm using Ex2003 standard, which is only supporting 25 users.  I intend to
> > set up a branch office as a disaster recovery site with some fast comms links
> > and duplicate hardware.  At present I have dedicated servers for DC's (2),
> > SQL (1), Ex2003(1), Data (1), Terminal Services (1).
> > Because the DR site only needs to support 3-5 users and it is likely we
> > would relocate within 3 days of any disaster I am going to install a single
> > server of very decent spec.  i.e. dual xeon / terrabyte, 4gb ram etc. etc.
> >
> > My question is this.  Is there an relatively straight forward way of
> > duplicating the whole information store / mailboxes etc. to this new box so
> > that, in the event of a disaster, a user could simply login at this site and
> > get mail?
> >
> > I'm sure this has been done many times so any pointers greatly appreciated.
> > Many thanks.
> > Mike
0
MikeK (56)
10/25/2005 3:30:08 PM
Mike,

Out of the box XOsoft supports File Servers, MS SQL, Oracle and Exchange.  I
currently protect both Exchange and SQL servers using XOsoft's WANSyncHA
product.

--
- David Aschmann
MCSE: Messaging, Security+

"Mike K" wrote:

> [...]
> >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I'm using Ex2003 standard, which is only supporting 25 users.  I intend to
> > > set up a branch office as a disaster recovery site with some fast comms links
> > > and duplicate hardware.  At present I have dedicated servers for DC's (2),
> > > SQL (1), Ex2003(1), Data (1), Terminal Services (1).
> > > Because the DR site only needs to support 3-5 users and it is likely we
> > > would relocate within 3 days of any disaster I am going to install a single
> > > server of very decent spec.  i.e. dual xeon / terrabyte, 4gb ram etc. etc.
> > >
> > > My question is this.  Is there an relatively straight forward way of
> > > duplicating the whole information store / mailboxes etc. to this new box so
> > > that, in the event of a disaster, a user could simply login at this site and
> > > get mail?
> > >
> > > I'm sure this has been done many times so any pointers greatly appreciated.
Mike,

Beware of Neverfail support.  They are very short with you and will not
help with install questions unless you pay them a lot of money.

Mark

Mike K wrote:
> [...]
> >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I'm using Ex2003 standard, which is only supporting 25 users.  I intend to
> > > set up a branch office as a disaster recovery site with some fast comms links
> > > and duplicate hardware.  At present I have dedicated servers for DC's (2),
> > > SQL (1), Ex2003(1), Data (1), Terminal Services (1).
> > > Because the DR site only needs to support 3-5 users and it is likely we
> > > would relocate within 3 days of any disaster I am going to install a single
> > > server of very decent spec.  i.e. dual xeon / terrabyte, 4gb ram etc. etc.
> > >
> > > My question is this.  Is there an relatively straight forward way of
> > > duplicating the whole information store / mailboxes etc. to this new box so
> > > that, in the event of a disaster, a user could simply login at this site and
> > > get mail?
> > >
> > > I'm sure this has been done many times so any pointers greatly appreciated.

Neverfail sells its products primarily though Partners and the
company's partners offer installation support at a reasonable cost.
Should a partner not be present in a particular region, Neverfail does
offer pre-scheduled telephone installation support for $500;
additionally onsite installation support is available upon request. Our
installation is typically an efficient process, in part due to
Neverfail's SCOPE product which is run prior to installation to
ensure maximum server reliability.

An installation fee is charged because installations may require basic
server and network configuration work which has nothing to do with
Neverfail's software.  Overall the installation fee, as well as the
maintenance fee, is in line with going rates in the market. Looking at
the total Neverfail solution cost, you will find that the product is
competitively priced if not below the competition - with a price
performance that is hard to match. If you would like to speak to
additional Neverfail customers for more insight, please contact us.

Ursula Talley
Neverfail

Mark wrote:
> Mike,
>
> Beware of Neverfail support.  They are very short with you and will not
> help with install questions unless you pay them a lot of money.
>
> Mark
>
> Mike K wrote:
> > Thanks for taking the time to reply.  I am looking at Neverfail at the moment
> > and will also now evaluate WANSyncDR.  Does it work with SQL by the way?
> > Thanks,
> > Mike
> >
> > "David Aschmann" wrote:
> >
> > > Mike,
> > >
> > > Having all those applications on the same server should work but is not
> > > recommended by Microsoft.  With that disclaimer out of the way it's actually
> > > not that hard to switch a few users over.   Follow the below overview steps:
> > >
> > > 1.	Build your DR Exchange server with a unique name in the same Admin group.
> > >  Ensure that it has the same storage groups and store configuration as the
> > > primary server.  Make sure that all database paths match and circular log
> > > settings are the same.  You are basically creating the structure for the
> > > databases to reside in.
> > > 2.	To get the data over you can backup Exchange on the primary server then
> > > simply restore it to your DR server.  Note that some backup applications
> > > prevent you from restoring exchange to a server with a different name.  If
> > > all else fails you can stop Exchange on the production server and simply copy
> > > ALL databases and logs over to the replica server.  I'll let you figure out
> > > how to make this a smooth process.  ;)
> > > 3.	To switch the users you can use an ADSI script or ldifde.  For more
> > > details please see:
> > > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/DROpsGuide/34ef81f8-95b4-41de-adf8-1b143f1ec310.mspx
> > >
> > > NOTE: Above I list the hard way.  There are products out there that can
> > > replicate the data real-time so you always have a copy of the data in your
> > > remote site.  Then when a failure occurs they provide tools to help you
> > > failover.  One product that will be cost effective and supported in your
> > > situation is WANSyncDR from XOsoft.  You can download a fully featured two
> > > week trail version from www.xosoft.com.  I have personally tested,
> > > implemented and used this product in a production environment twice.  Once at
> > > our old site and again here at our new location.  It's worked great!
> > >
> > > --
> > > - David Aschmann
> > > MCSE: Messaging, Security+

0
utalley (1)
11/17/2005 6:29:55 PM
Interesting defensive response from a vendor.   So on top of the 20%
maintenance and support cost, it will cost me another 500+ dollars more
to get any support during an implementation and I have to
"pre-schedule" the time.    The comment about being  "in line with
going rates in the market" isn't exactly true.  Neither xosoft or
doubletake charge extra to answer support questions during
installations, they stand behind their products and offer non-scheduled
support for installs.  In fact, of all the installs I have every done,
not one other vendor has ever not answer a question if I called in
during the installation, nor have they ever tried to charge me extra.

Asking a vendor to come out to do the install should incur additional
charges.  Asking a vendor to be on the phone during the install should
incur an additional charge.  Asking a question during an install about
an error should not result in being told that since I did not pay the
extra money, my question will not be answered, but if I can get the
product installed, after that my questions will be answer is just not
right.  It questions if Neverfail is indeed making the install harder
or have problems such that customers have to pay the additional money
thus giving neverfail more revenue.

utalley@neverfailgroup.com wrote:
> Neverfail sells its products primarily though Partners and the
> company's partners offer installation support at a reasonable cost.
> Should a partner not be present in a particular region, Neverfail does
> offer pre-scheduled telephone installation support for $500;
> additionally onsite installation support is available upon request. Our
> installation is typically an efficient process, in part due to
> Neverfail's SCOPE product which is run prior to installation to
> ensure maximum server reliability.
>
> An installation fee is charged because installations may require basic
> server and network configuration work which has nothing to do with
> Neverfail's software.  Overall the installation fee, as well as the
> maintenance fee, is in line with going rates in the market. Looking at
> the total Neverfail solution cost, you will find that the product is
> competitively priced if not below the competition - with a price
> performance that is hard to match. If you would like to speak to
> additional Neverfail customers for more insight, please contact us.
>
> Ursula Talley
> Neverfail
>

> Mark wrote:
> > Mike,
> >
> > Beware of Neverfail support.  They are very short with you and will not
> > help with install questions unless you pay them a lot of money.
> >
> > Mark
> >
> > Mike K wrote:
> > > Thanks for taking the time to reply.  I am looking at Neverfail at the moment
> > > and will also now evaluate WANSyncDR.  Does it work with SQL by the way?
> > > Thanks,
> > > Mike

Cash Flow/DRP and interest charges
Money 2004: I am just starting to scrutinize the cash flow forecast for each of my accounts. In most cases, the information seems fairly accurate but I have a few questions: I understand from the FAQ/previous posts that when using the DRP, cash flow should include interest charges but I don't see it doing so in my case. All the scheduled payments from the DRP are showing up but I don't see any interest and it doesn't seem like it's bundled in the payments that are calculated in any way. Am I missing something? or is this a common problem? Also, if I look at the cash flow ...

Any way to combine multiple Visio documents into a single documen.
I used Visio Enterprise Architect from Visual Studio .NET 2003 to reverse engineer 11 projects making up a solution to product 11 UML Static Model files. Is there any way to combine those documents into a single document so that the Model Explorer shows all projects under the Top Package icon, enabling me to work with the whole solution in one file? Thanks, Nick Piazza ...

best straight line in Excel

Is there an easy way to filter duplicate rows of data in excel?
When I run a query and download the information to Excel, there will be duplicate rows of data (If a product went through an operation twice). I want to filter out the duplicate rows. With the amount of data I'm working with, it is too difficult to filter manually. "Yumin" wrote: > When I run a query and download the information to Excel, there will be > duplicate rows of data (If a product went through an operation twice). I > want to filter out the duplicate rows. With the amount of data I'm working > with, it is too difficult to filter manually. ...

Cannot remove bill from DRP
I want to remove a bill from the DRP because it always rounds to the nearest dollar (and my bank doesn't). However, whenever I un-check it (and answer yes to the "are you sure prompt", I get a "This operation cannot be performed." error. Clicking on the More Info button of the error gives me the following info... ID: 34 Source mnyob99 Version 12.0 Symbolic Name: errUnknown I've repaired the file (both quick and standards) as suggested, but it hasn't fixed the problem. ...

Best way to handle an IRA
I have an IRA account that is invested in various mutual funds. I can't get daily pricing on the funds, and tracking the share counts of all those funds would be a pain in the backside. So what I've been doing instead is just assuming a combined share price of $1 and adjusting the shares to the account total. In other words, if my IRA is worth $12345, that means I have 12345 shares at $1 per share. As the IRA changes value over time, I just do a Add or Remove Shares until the account value matches the actual value. Since the account is tax exempt (deferred), I don't thin...

Which driver matches best
Hi Windows 7, 32bit When there are more than one drivers for one USB device on the system, the setupapi.dev.log states: "selecting best match from just driver store" There is one driver for "NT.6.0" and one driver for "NTx86.6.0" on my system. Why does this system select the driver for "NT.6.0" as best match? And how can I permanently delete old drivers from the system? If I select deinstall driver in Device manager, the driver is not really deleted from the system, because if I replug the device the old driver is installed. ...

DRP is stupid
I don't understand this. The Debt Reduction Planner seems to think that I can somehow pay off all of my credit cards in the very first payment, despite me indicating that I am only going to a fraction of this amount on a monthly basis. I've already made sure that none of the cards on marked "pay the balance each period" or whatever. I also went through all of my cash accounts and entered a temporary balance adjustment so that Microsoft Money would think that I have $0.00 in the bank in total. Thus, there is no money for it to pay these bills off, yet it still insists o...

Optimal Way to Install IE 8 if IE 7 is installed?
Hello: Would you kindly outline the optimal way to install IE8 ? I currently have IE 7.0.5730.11 All essential MS updates are inststalled. Except for IE 8. IE 7 works fine, but I've heard IE 8 is more secure. I'd rather take the extra time to do the installation in the most optimal way posible so as to avoid problems later on. Thanks in advance: -eli Windows XP Professional Edition SP3 Avira Antivir Personal Edition 10.0.0.567 Outpost Firewall Free 6.5.1 IE 7.0.5730.11 Firefox 3.6.3 [Is IE8 offered at http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com?] No-char...

Is there a simple way to generate patterns of numbers in XL ?
Hi I often want to generate simple patterns of numbers, but have yet to find an easy way of doing this in excel. It's really easy in minitab (for example) to get simple patterns using the 'set' command ... MTB > Set c1 DATA> 1( 1 : 72 / 1 )32 DATA> End. This generates (in column 1) 32 1's, then 32 2's, 32 3's ... down to 32 72's very quickly and easily. I have not yet found anything similar in XL to do this sort of thing but can't help the feling I'm missing something. Anyone have any idea how to do this sort of thing in ...

Ways to defeat the NDR spam/viruses
Has anybody found a way to defeat these NDR problems where people are spoofing your users and having the NDRs bounce back to your company? The only possibility I've found is to turn off NDRs but that's not preferable. Is there any hope in the future for NDRs to be smart enough to know that the message never came from here? Any help or explanations would be appreciated. Thanks UGxlYXNlIHJlYWQgaHR0cDovL3NwZi5wb2JveC5jb20NCg0KInN0YWdnYXJsZWUiIDxqb3NoZnNy QGhvdG1haWwuY29tPiB3cm90ZSBpbiBtZXNzYWdlIG5ld3M6YmVpdmYwbG5yNDdocnI0bWhsc2Rx ZmwzZGNmdm1zZHQzOUA0YXguY29tLi4uDQo+IEhhcyBhbnlib2R5I...

best practices?
I have the code below in the format section of a report Me.txtTotalEmp is an unbound control should display the total of a specific employee. My problem is that if the report for a single employee spills over to a second sheet, me.txtTotalEmp printed is 0 while the single sheets totals are correct for the employee, but if I put the code in the _print section of the employee footer, then sometimes the total amount is outrageously incorrect on some employees and correct on others. How can I correct the problem? What is the best practice for determining when to use "on format...

which one of these is the best one for SQL Server Express 2005
Hello! I have windows XP 32 bits operating system and VS 2005. I'm going to download SQL Server Express 2005 but I'm unsure which one of these should I use. SQLEXPR_86_ENU.EXE SQLEXPR32_x86.EXE //Tony Forget this question because it was for sql server 2008. //Tony "Tony Johansson" <johansson.andersson@telia.com> skrev i meddelandet news:dF_0n.14320$U5.218195@newsb.telia.net... > Hello! > > I have windows XP 32 bits operating system and VS 2005. > I'm going to download SQL Server Express 2005 but I'm unsure which one...

There is any way to post here without being insulted every time?
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discus people.� Vanilla, You can take the good with the bad or simply put posters in a kill file where you will not see their messages. What I have found is that nearly 100 percent of people who respond really are nice people who are willing to do all they can to help, but sometimes forget that when answering. I don't know why and cannot do anything about it, but I still come here for advice and knowledge. Mike Vanilla wrote: > “Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss >...

Problem DRP or Debt Reduction plan
Hey; I found out how to make the DRP work. We all have seen errant debt free dates in the DRP plan. Well you can fix it by going to the TOOLS/OPTIONS/PLANNER (Tab) and selecting: "Reset Debt Plan". Once I did that, I added my accounts back to the DRP and selected NEXT... The new plan worked really well. Good luck paying down the debt. Its worth it! -RG- ...

Any way to make exchange run an EXE on a message when it arrives?
Say there... is there any way to have Exchange server run an EXE on a message when it arrives? For example, I want to write a program that will receive incoming status messages and act on those status messages, ideally by passing the actual message text (filename or the actual instance) to an EXE so that the EXE can process it in real time, when it arrives... Any pointers on this subject? Andy transport event sink perhaps. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- <green@ids.net> wrote in message news:1139946...

What is the best method to extract data from Comment Box
Is there an easy way to do a 'Select all' on a comment box? I've inherited a spreadsheet that has many comment boxes that contain pages and pages of text in each box. I want to move the data contained in these comment boxes to an Access memo field. What is the best way to extract this data from the comment box? I'll be fine with manually doing a cut/paste, but 'CTRL-A' for 'Select All' doesn't seem to work with these comment boxes. How much is "pages and pages"? I think you are limited in Access to 255 characters but not sure. You can use a D...

Backing up the RMS SQL database the easy way
I just wanted to share some backup and restore procedures that we now use at our store for the Microsoft RMS POS package, since we almost had a disaster a couple of months ago when our server hard drive went to lunch, fortunately for us, it was only about an hour after the store was open and we had only sold 3 items and our store employees remembered exactly what was sold so we could ring up the same transactions on the POS after the hard drive was replaced to make our store inventory correct. I don't even want to have a hard drive die at the end of the day, it could mean a whole store man...

best solution
Hi, I'm wondering what the best solution is for the following: I have a table with data and I need to show it to the user. But I want to show it in a sorted way like: Customername Site number Artikelnumber | Serial number | description Artikelnumber | Serial number | description Site number Artikelnumber | Serial number | description Artikelnumber | Serial number | description Site number Artikelnumber | Serial number | description Artikelnumber ...

outlook 2000 not loading all the way
Outlook is not loading all the way up, instead is just loading the welcome screen and a bar which I assume is the bar which separates the preview panes. It does the same thing if I try to load it into safe mode. I tried the suggestions from this previous post, and none of them worked: _________________________________________________ Hi, When Outlook hangs right at the beginning and works with safe, the following three seem to come to the top of the list as being the culprit. 1) Rename/Delete outcmd.dat (responsible for menu/toolbar changes) 2) The first message the preview pane ...

Exchange DRP Product
Hi, Looking between NSI Double Take and Xosoft WanSynch HA, but having trouble choosing one for an Exchange DRP implementation... If you have any opinion or experience ( even better ) with one of these products, I would appreciate if you let me know via this newsgroup.... Thanks !!! -- -- --- On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 06:43:02 -0500, "Thinkpad21" <thinkpad21@yahoo.com> wrote: >Hi, > >Looking between NSI Double Take and Xosoft WanSynch HA, but having trouble >choosing one for an Exchange DRP implementation... > >If you have any opinion or experience ( ev...

Best way to measure production support resources on projects
I need to know what is the best way to measure production support resources on projects --- this would be a way to track outsourced and internal resources --- either through Project Management Software or through Access Database --- thanks! -- flojoe On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 17:11:00 -0700, fkistner <fkistner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Such a broad question cannot be answered without having a lot more details. You may need to hire an analyst to figure this out. -Tom. >I need to know what is the best way to measure production support resources >on projects --- this woul...

Best way to create appointment for 2 computer... Task, Contacts and Notes as well
I have a home PC and a office computer. Both uses Outlook but with different userids. I want to create appointments on both computers. I've tried "Invite Attendee" but it's too troublesome for every appointment. I have the same requirement for Task, Contact and Notes. I wonder if any has any idea what is the easiest way to achieve my requirements. Thanks very much. Either invite the other email address, forward the items after you create them or copy the pst file back and forth. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.asp -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Out...

DRP Huge initial payments
When I use the DRP, it automatically sets me up with a big inital payment of $2734. I have no idea where it came up with this number. I am using 2005 Deluxe which I updated from 2004 hoping the problem would be fixed. I saw the same problem posted on here without response. PLEASE HELP!! Bonnie Synhorst posted this answer to another question: reset DRP by going to tools, settings, planner options...then reset planner. worked like a charm! Thanks, Bonnie! ...

Page 1 of X
I think I already know the answer to this, but forgive me for asking it again. On the lower right corner of views, CRM shows Page 1 with the navigation arrows. Is there any way to show page 1 of X, where X is somehow predetermined? Thanks for any help you can offer. -- Steve Luc Senior Consultant InfoGrow Corp (330)929-1353 x222 Unfortunately, no. This feature has yet to be enhanced to "jump to" the last page. If you have access to SQL, you could do a Count query against the entity's filtered view. But as for the CRM UI, you're stuck clicking and clicking... --MD ...