Downloading email can not be completed

Hi,

My Exchange 2003 is installed on Windows 2003. My client use Outlook 2000
with POP3 to download emails. Sometimes (not always) when they have
attachment in their incoming emails, they can not download the email from
server, the download status bar is hanging there. Then they have to access
their OWA and move the email with the attachment to a subfolder under Inbox,
then the problem fixed. Looks like the email with the attachment blocked the
download. Is there anybody know how to fix the problem. Please help.

Thanks in advance!

Lisa
0
Lisa1 (290)

Maybe antivirus on client machine is interfering?

Lisa wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My Exchange 2003 is installed on Windows 2003. My client use Outlook 2000
> with POP3 to download emails. Sometimes (not always) when they have
> attachment in their incoming emails, they can not download the email from
> server, the download status bar is hanging there. Then they have to access
> their OWA and move the email with the attachment to a subfolder under Inbox,
> then the problem fixed. Looks like the email with the attachment blocked the
> download. Is there anybody know how to fix the problem. Please help.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Lisa

0
kpalagin8074 (137)
3/8/2005 7:53:30 PM
Lisa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My Exchange 2003 is installed on Windows 2003. My client use Outlook
> 2000 with POP3 to download emails. Sometimes (not always) when they
> have attachment in their incoming emails, they can not download the
> email from server, the download status bar is hanging there. Then
> they have to access their OWA and move the email with the attachment
> to a subfolder under Inbox, then the problem fixed. Looks like the
> email with the attachment blocked the download. Is there anybody know
> how to fix the problem. Please help.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Lisa

Do you mean, your users use OL2000 to download POP mail from your Exchange
server to a PST file? If so, why do they not connect directly to their
Exchange mailboxes using MAPI? Seems silly to pay all that money for an
Exchange server & then use it only as a POP/SMTP server....

Or do you mean, your Outlook users use both Exchange and Internet Mail to
download POP mail from another server? If so, see
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;245446 - it explains
that MS does not support using  OL2000 or earlier to access Exchange &
Internet Mail in the same profile. You would need OL2002 or 2003 to make
this work properly. Also, it is not a recommended configuration - you lose a
lot of functionality & will always have poorer performance than if you host
your own mail as per http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF002.html

Please write back to clarify.

0
lanwench (7567)
3/8/2005 8:03:27 PM
Thank you for your response, Kirill. For your question, the answer is no. I
can repeat the problem from other machine as well.

Thanks again.

Lisa

"Kirill S. Palagin" wrote:

> Maybe antivirus on client machine is interfering?
>
> Lisa wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > My Exchange 2003 is installed on Windows 2003. My client use Outlook 2000
> > with POP3 to download emails. Sometimes (not always) when they have
> > attachment in their incoming emails, they can not download the email from
> > server, the download status bar is hanging there. Then they have to access
> > their OWA and move the email with the attachment to a subfolder under Inbox,
> > then the problem fixed. Looks like the email with the attachment blocked the
> > download. Is there anybody know how to fix the problem. Please help.
> >
> > Thanks in advance!
> >
> > Lisa

0
Lisa1 (290)
3/8/2005 10:41:03 PM
Hi Lan, thank you for your reply. We have a lot of sales people who are
remote users. They use POP3 to download email from our server remotely. But
for those users in office, they use MAPI to connect to Exchange derectly.
What about your case for remote users? They have only one profile that is
Internet mail in their OL2000. Please advice.

Thanks,

Lisa

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:

> Lisa wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > My Exchange 2003 is installed on Windows 2003. My client use Outlook
> > 2000 with POP3 to download emails. Sometimes (not always) when they
> > have attachment in their incoming emails, they can not download the
> > email from server, the download status bar is hanging there. Then
> > they have to access their OWA and move the email with the attachment
> > to a subfolder under Inbox, then the problem fixed. Looks like the
> > email with the attachment blocked the download. Is there anybody know
> > how to fix the problem. Please help.
> >
> > Thanks in advance!
> >
> > Lisa
>
> Do you mean, your users use OL2000 to download POP mail from your Exchange
> server to a PST file? If so, why do they not connect directly to their
> Exchange mailboxes using MAPI? Seems silly to pay all that money for an
> Exchange server & then use it only as a POP/SMTP server....
>
> Or do you mean, your Outlook users use both Exchange and Internet Mail to
> download POP mail from another server? If so, see
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;245446 - it explains
> that MS does not support using  OL2000 or earlier to access Exchange &
> Internet Mail in the same profile. You would need OL2002 or 2003 to make
> this work properly. Also, it is not a recommended configuration - you lose a
> lot of functionality & will always have poorer performance than if you host
> your own mail as per http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF002.html
>
> Please write back to clarify.

0
Lisa1 (290)
3/9/2005 6:37:08 PM
Anything relevant in App Event log?

Lisa wrote:

> Thank you for your response, Kirill. For your question, the answer is no. I
> can repeat the problem from other machine as well.
>
> Thanks again.
>
> Lisa
>
> "Kirill S. Palagin" wrote:
>
> > Maybe antivirus on client machine is interfering?
> >
> > Lisa wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > My Exchange 2003 is installed on Windows 2003. My client use Outlook 2000
> > > with POP3 to download emails. Sometimes (not always) when they have
> > > attachment in their incoming emails, they can not download the email from
> > > server, the download status bar is hanging there. Then they have to access
> > > their OWA and move the email with the attachment to a subfolder under Inbox,
> > > then the problem fixed. Looks like the email with the attachment blocked the
> > > download. Is there anybody know how to fix the problem. Please help.
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance!
> > >
> > > Lisa

0
kpalagin8074 (137)
3/9/2005 7:55:28 PM
No, App Event log looks fine. Thanks for your help.

"Kirill S. Palagin" wrote:

> Anything relevant in App Event log?
>
> Lisa wrote:
>
> > Thank you for your response, Kirill. For your question, the answer is no. I
> > can repeat the problem from other machine as well.
> >
> > Thanks again.
> >
> > Lisa
> >
> > "Kirill S. Palagin" wrote:
> >
> > > Maybe antivirus on client machine is interfering?

0
Lisa1 (290)
3/9/2005 8:19:02 PM
For starters, I would enable POP3 protocol logging at both client and server and wait
for next incident. Then you will have at least some diag info. Next step would be
running network capture and analyzing packets.
P.S.  I am sure there is some kind of connectivity problem. Exchange does POP3 just
fine.

Lisa wrote:

> No, App Event log looks fine. Thanks for your help.
>
> "Kirill S. Palagin" wrote:
>
> > Anything relevant in App Event log?
> >
> > Lisa wrote:
> >
> > > Thank you for your response, Kirill. For your question, the answer is no. I
> > > can repeat the problem from other machine as well.
> > >
> > > Thanks again.
> > >
> > > Lisa

0
kpalagin8074 (137)
3/10/2005 4:27:54 AM
Lisa wrote:
> Hi Lan, thank you for your reply. We have a lot of sales people who
> are remote users. They use POP3 to download email from our server
> remotely. But for those users in office, they use MAPI to connect to
> Exchange derectly. What about your case for remote users? They have
> only one profile that is Internet mail in their OL2000. Please advice.

Don't have them set up for POP at all. Try a single OL profile & VPN, or
OL2003 on WinXP SP1 or SP2 and RPC over HTTP(s) for remote access,

> Thanks,
>
> Lisa
>
> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:
>
>> Lisa wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> My Exchange 2003 is installed on Windows 2003. My client use Outlook
>>> 2000 with POP3 to download emails. Sometimes (not always) when they
>>> have attachment in their incoming emails, they can not download the
>>> email from server, the download status bar is hanging there. Then
>>> they have to access their OWA and move the email with the attachment
>>> to a subfolder under Inbox, then the problem fixed. Looks like the
>>> email with the attachment blocked the download. Is there anybody
>>> know how to fix the problem. Please help.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance!
>>>
>>> Lisa
>>
>> Do you mean, your users use OL2000 to download POP mail from your
>> Exchange server to a PST file? If so, why do they not connect
>> directly to their Exchange mailboxes using MAPI? Seems silly to pay
>> all that money for an Exchange server & then use it only as a
>> POP/SMTP server....
>>
>> Or do you mean, your Outlook users use both Exchange and Internet
>> Mail to download POP mail from another server? If so, see
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;245446 - it
>> explains that MS does not support using  OL2000 or earlier to access
>> Exchange & Internet Mail in the same profile. You would need OL2002
>> or 2003 to make this work properly. Also, it is not a recommended
>> configuration - you lose a lot of functionality & will always have
>> poorer performance than if you host your own mail as per
>> http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF002.html
>>
>> Please write back to clarify.

0
lanwench (7567)
3/10/2005 4:46:03 AM
Hi Lan, Thank you for your suggestion. it is very good solution for my remote
access. Thanks again.

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:

> Lisa wrote:
> > Hi Lan, thank you for your reply. We have a lot of sales people who
> > are remote users. They use POP3 to download email from our server
> > remotely. But for those users in office, they use MAPI to connect to
> > Exchange derectly. What about your case for remote users? They have
> > only one profile that is Internet mail in their OL2000. Please advice.
>
> Don't have them set up for POP at all. Try a single OL profile & VPN, or
> OL2003 on WinXP SP1 or SP2 and RPC over HTTP(s) for remote access,
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Lisa

> >> Do you mean, your users use OL2000 to download POP mail from your
> >> Exchange server to a PST file? If so, why do they not connect
> >> directly to their Exchange mailboxes using MAPI? Seems silly to pay
> >> all that money for an Exchange server & then use it only as a
> >> POP/SMTP server....
> >>
> >> Or do you mean, your Outlook users use both Exchange and Internet
> >> Mail to download POP mail from another server? If so, see
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;245446 - it
> >> explains that MS does not support using  OL2000 or earlier to access
> >> Exchange & Internet Mail in the same profile. You would need OL2002
> >> or 2003 to make this work properly. Also, it is not a recommended
> >> configuration - you lose a lot of functionality & will always have
> >> poorer performance than if you host your own mail as per
> >> http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF002.html
> >>
> >> Please write back to clarify.

0
Lisa1 (290)
3/10/2005 6:31:05 PM
Thank you for your help, Kirill. First, could you tell me how to enable POP3
protocal logging? Second, I don't think it is connectivity problem, since the
email go through well after I removed the email with attachment. I feel the
attachment has something to do with it, but it is just pdf file and I am able
to download it from OWA. It occurs to other file as well. But not always. it
is weird.

Thanks again.

"Kirill S. Palagin" wrote:

> For starters, I would enable POP3 protocol logging at both client and server and wait
> for next incident. Then you will have at least some diag info. Next step would be
> running network capture and analyzing packets.
> P.S.  I am sure there is some kind of connectivity problem. Exchange does POP3 just
> fine.
>
> Lisa wrote:
>
> > No, App Event log looks fine. Thanks for your help.
> >
> > "Kirill S. Palagin" wrote:
> >
> > > Anything relevant in App Event log?

0
Lisa1 (290)
3/10/2005 6:37:07 PM
Lisa wrote:
> Hi Lan, Thank you for your suggestion. it is very good solution for
> my remote access. Thanks again.

You're very welcome - post back if you need more help.

Also - consider moving to OL2003 if at all possible - OL2k is no longer
supported, but more importantly, OL2003 is MUCH better!

> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:
>
>> Lisa wrote:
>>> Hi Lan, thank you for your reply. We have a lot of sales people who
>>> are remote users. They use POP3 to download email from our server
>>> remotely. But for those users in office, they use MAPI to connect to
>>> Exchange derectly. What about your case for remote users? They have
>>> only one profile that is Internet mail in their OL2000. Please
>>> advice.
>>
>> Don't have them set up for POP at all. Try a single OL profile &
>> VPN, or OL2003 on WinXP SP1 or SP2 and RPC over HTTP(s) for remote
>> access,
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Lisa

0
lanwench (7567)
3/11/2005 4:42:21 PM
Thank you Lan. Now I figured out what caused the problem. It is our firewall
bug. After enabling spam mail failering for POP3 on firewall, email
downloading with attachment will has problem. If I disable this feature, the
email went through.

Thanks again,

Lisa

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:

> Lisa wrote:
> > Hi Lan, Thank you for your suggestion. it is very good solution for
> > my remote access. Thanks again.
>
> You're very welcome - post back if you need more help.
>
> Also - consider moving to OL2003 if at all possible - OL2k is no longer
> supported, but more importantly, OL2003 is MUCH better!

> >> Don't have them set up for POP at all. Try a single OL profile &
> >> VPN, or OL2003 on WinXP SP1 or SP2 and RPC over HTTP(s) for remote
> >> access,

0
Lisa1 (290)
3/11/2005 5:43:05 PM
You are welcome.
This
http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?query=pop3+protocol+log&catalog=LCID%3D1033&pwt=false&title=false&kt=ALL&mdt=0&comm=1&ast=1&ast=2&ast=3&mode=a

will get you going with POP3 logging.

P.S. I see Lanwench has very good suggestion for you and you have found the root cause.

Lisa wrote:

> Thank you for your help, Kirill. First, could you tell me how to enable POP3
> protocal logging? Second, I don't think it is connectivity problem, since the
> email go through well after I removed the email with attachment. I feel the
> attachment has something to do with it, but it is just pdf file and I am able
> to download it from OWA. It occurs to other file as well. But not always. it
> is weird.
>
> Thanks again.
>
> "Kirill S. Palagin" wrote:
>
> > For starters, I would enable POP3 protocol logging at both client and server and wait
> > for next incident. Then you will have at least some diag info. Next step would be
> > running network capture and analyzing packets.
> > P.S.  I am sure there is some kind of connectivity problem. Exchange does POP3 just
> > fine.
> >
> > Lisa wrote:
> >
> > > No, App Event log looks fine. Thanks for your help.

0
kpalagin8074 (137)
3/11/2005 6:40:11 PM
Thank you Kirill, the link is very helpful to me.

Lisa

"Kirill S. Palagin" wrote:

> You are welcome.
> This
> http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?query=pop3+protocol+log&catalog=LCID%3D1033&pwt=false&title=false&kt=ALL&mdt=0&comm=1&ast=1&ast=2&ast=3&mode=a
>
> will get you going with POP3 logging.
>
> P.S. I see Lanwench has very good suggestion for you and you have found the root cause.
>
> Lisa wrote:
>
> > Thank you for your help, Kirill. First, could you tell me how to enable POP3
> > protocal logging? Second, I don't think it is connectivity problem, since the
> > email go through well after I removed the email with attachment. I feel the
> > attachment has something to do with it, but it is just pdf file and I am able
> > to download it from OWA. It occurs to other file as well. But not always. it
> > is weird.
> >
> > Thanks again.
> >
> > "Kirill S. Palagin" wrote:
> >
> > > For starters, I would enable POP3 protocol logging at both client and server and wait
> > > for next incident. Then you will have at least some diag info. Next step would be
> > > running network capture and analyzing packets.
> > > P.S.  I am sure there is some kind of connectivity problem. Exchange does POP3 just
> > > fine.

0
Lisa1 (290)
3/11/2005 8:47:05 PM
Lisa wrote:
> Thank you Lan. Now I figured out what caused the problem. It is our
> firewall bug. After enabling spam mail failering for POP3 on
> firewall, email downloading with attachment will has problem. If I
> disable this feature, the email went through.

Great - I still say you'll be a lot happier if you don't use POP, but it's
good to find the root cause.

> Thanks again,
>
> Lisa
>
> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:
>
>> Lisa wrote:
>>> Hi Lan, Thank you for your suggestion. it is very good solution for
>>> my remote access. Thanks again.
>>
>> You're very welcome - post back if you need more help.
>>
>> Also - consider moving to OL2003 if at all possible - OL2k is no
>> longer supported, but more importantly, OL2003 is MUCH better!

0
lanwench (7567)

Outlook locks up and downloads 2mb on dial up.
Every time on dialup to exchange 5.5 server with outlook 2000 it locks up and downloads 2mb before unlocking. This is not downloading a message it happens on multiple machines. please help ...

How do I set Outlook as my email rather than my ISP?
I'm a complete novice. We are changing ISP and have been told to use Outlook or MSN in future to save changing email addresses every time we change ISP. We have XP and broadband if that means anything. How do I do this please? Outlook doesn't give you an email address, it just retrieves mail. You might want to sign up for a GMail account so you don't have to change addresses if you change ISPs. Outlook can retrieve GMail pretty easily. "redgandalf3" <redgandalf3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA0CFFDE-533D-4B57-913E-AF4D94F218B0@micro...

Mysterious missing emails
This is strange: I have a user who complains that he doesn’t get all of his emails. At first, I tracked his the "missing" emails using message tracking and I saw that they where delivered to his message store. So I figured he had something configure that was deleting the messages or filtering them. He insists he has no rules that delete the messages. He is a remote user so I cant confirm his outlook config. To verify whether or not the message was hitting the store, I created a new message store to "journal" his email to a public filter, and saw every email he says...

confirmar email
confima�ao do email ...

Money 2005
(Sorry for the duplicate post "Money 2005" - I fat-fingered it) I have used Money 2003 for 2 years now. I did not use ANY of the online features nor did I have a .NET Passport. I just purchased Money 2005. I took my existing .mny file and converted it for use in Money 2005. I tried to get the online services part working, but if you look at my previous posts, I have run into some really big problems with it. Anyway, as part of this upgrade I created a .NET Passport. Then I read that this puts account information and transaction detail online with MSN. I DO NOT WANT THIS! How...

Bulk Email: Outlook client:"Direct email via Mail Merge is off".
I am trying to test bulk email before a big demo. I am following along the task list provided by John O'Donnell in another discussion. When I click to distribute the activity (launched from Outlook) I get a message box that states "Direct email via mail merge is off. The activity cannot be distributed. Please contact your system administrator." I am using the CRM 3.0 VPC. What do I need to do to enable email via mail merge? CRM settings? Or other settings? Thank you in advance. Ensure the "Microsoft CRM Bulk E-mail Service" is running (and is set to automat...

Files to download!
I want to place files on my web-unit created in the program "Publisher", that them could download the visitors. How it can be made? Publishing Web sites http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH063577001033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Charley" <Charley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:461B7DD5-5958-499A-9579-877F4B407ECB@microsoft.com... >I want to place files on my web-unit created in the program "Publisher", that > them could download the visi...

INTERMITTANT email error with Outlook
Am using Win XP Home and Outlook 2000 SR1. Have Norton Antivirus but still get this error whether Nortin is active or disabled. I have four email addresses and am on tiscali broadband. Intermittantly, when checking send and receive, one or more of the four email accounts will return the following error: "The tcpp/ip connection was unexpectedly terminated by server - Error no 0x800ccc0f" If I do nothing - the fault sometimes goes away. If I reboot - the fault sometimes goes away. If I delete the account then re-enter it, the problem usually goes away but not always. This fault is in...

Exch55sp4 evt ID 2010 - thousands - logs filling too fast
I have Exch55 w/sp4, only email server one network. I am getting an endless series of ma_wait and mt_wait msgs. in the Application Evt log , thousands of them,associated with evtID 2010, MTA connections, MS exchangeIS Private. I can't receive email, telnet test to pop3 and smtp work just fine. Hope I've given enough info, anyone know what is going on and how to stop it ? TIA....rey Seems there are a lot of mis-listed questions/answers in this usergroup......... ANYWAY I need to find some info on stopping relay in Exch 55sp4, there are "Q"s for ex02, ex03, sbs, that all do...

2003 duplicating Junk Email
I have an executive who is currently running two machines at the same time(one in main office and one remote office) When junk email does come through it is duplicating in his Junk email folder. They are time stamped identical, etc. We were able to simulate the problem by setting up two laptops with the same profile (used my account instead this time). We kept them on at the same time and when spam came through it was also duplicated. Both mahcines have Office2K3 SP1 installed as well. Exchange version is 2K Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Dave And what if you disable the Junk ...

Downloading More Than 1000 Headers
Using OE6 is there a way to download more than 1000 headers at one time? Thanks, John This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress for OE 5.5x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outl...

Can't open Outlook 2000 pst file in Outlook 2007
Hi I'm unable to import Outlook 2000 archived pst file into Office 2007 after upgrading my laptop to Vista from XP and Microsoft Office to 2007 from 2000. The attempt to open the pst file fails with the message: "File access denied. You do not have the permission required to access the file." As far as I know, no passwords apply to the file, and when I click on Properties/Security it shows to allow full access. Does anyone know how I can import my old Outlook folder? Any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Sam how did you move it to the vista machine? is...

How do I get MS Converter (download) to convert a Quatro V9 file?
I have downloaded the MS converter and installed it in MS Office folder. I am trying to convert a Quatro V. 9 (Word Perfect 2000) file. I am using Excel 2003 and have tried to open the file. It does not recognize the file format and does not appear to even look for the file conversion utility? Any help out there? ...

Can Access 2007 be Run as Admistrator
Using Vista: have launched an .adp project created at another site on another computer, using the SQL Server at that site. Now, from home, I want to change the data source to the local SQL Server database on my PC here at home. So, I entered the local SQL Server name in the Data Link Properties dialog box, and pressed the Test Connection button. Getting an error message: "Test connection failed because of an error in initializing provider. Login failed for user 'SLINDEED\(My name). If I cannot run as Administrator or change the server name, Catch 22? Thanks, Dean S &q...

Accessing Email
How can I only let users access their email from owa? I do not want them to be able to access their email with outlook or any other pop3 or imap program, they should only be able to access through OWA? Thanks in advance. "Victor" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How can I only let users access their email from owa? I do >not want them to be able to access their email with >outlook or any other pop3 or imap program, they should >only be able to access through OWA? Thanks in advance. You can disable the protocol at various levels, the user, the s...

Some email msgs received as an attachment
We are receiving quite a number of emails where the body of the message isn't in the body but is in an "Untitled Attachment". I can't come up with a rhyme or reason, but for example all messages from our largest customer comes in that way. We are using Outlook 2003 and Exchange 5.5. Any help troubleshooting this would be greatly appreciated. ...

Excel file downloaded via web
Hi, I downloaded an excel file from an .asp web page internet site. Once in local mode, this strange thing appens: all the cells, that contains data and numbers at video, seem to be empty when I try to edit a formula (e.s. Sum, Sort ...). Office version is the same on all machines (Office 2K sr1 9.0.3821 with no service packs), installed on Win2k Pro SP4.The most strange thing is that on some desktops with WinXP Pro in the same network environment, the file seems to work perfectly. Any suggestions, please? Thanks ...

Outlook 2010
In 2007 I could categorize my incoming email by a particular color, this allowed me to color code particular people and made it very easy to see who had emailed at a glance. This is HIGHLY convenient for someone who receives hundreds of emails a day from all over the company. For example: I could color code the ones from the boss in red, the web department in green, the proofer in blue, etc. It truly helped facilitate the day and the projects moving faster through the system. So, the question is - where have they hidden this in 2010? Thanks!! Try posting to the Office ...

When I download template where should it be downloaded to and sav.
I just found the MS Office Online site and want to download some Word and Excel templates. But I don't know where to download the templates to or where to save them to after they are downloaded. Can anyone tell me? Thanks. Normaly your templates should be in a directiry that you find in documents andsettings/yourname/apllication data/microsoft/templates When you load then you can copy them to this directory and all is done. Greetings from Brussels Belgium Dejola wrote: > I just found the MS Office Online site and want to download some Word and > Excel templates. But I don&#...

Emails sent from users that have been deleted???
I thought we closed the open relay on our exchange server 2000 but we still get system administrator undeliverable messages on a regular basis. They will send us spam using old accounts that have been deleted and sometimes they will actually send them from active users so it looks like an employee is sending us spam. Can someone please help me stop this spoofing before I take a baseball bat to my exchange server? We also get about 100 - 200 spam emails daily on some accounts so how can I stop this do I have to upgrade to exchange 2003? Are you talking about backscatter? You're...

Transaction download problems
When I download from my bank there are several payees that always match to another payee but it is not the right one. For example JewelOsco grocery store always downloads as National Life. Both of these are active accounts. I also have a problem where a payee has completely disappeared and all of the data associated with it. I am the only user so it was not deleted by me. I continue to have problems with this particular payee - it is Marshall Fields but it has evaporated - any help appreciated. In microsoft.public.money, Bob wrote: >When I download from my bank there are seve...

Kerberos errors & network problems after large email mailshot?
Hello all, and a happy new year! I wondered if I could get some ideas for what happened on a SBS 2003 server I look after last night. I was notified that there was a problem with the server, the client said they had sent a "large volume" of emails as a mailshot, subsequent to this they couldn't connect to the server. When I tried to get in, I couldn't connect to the server, but the computer which sent the emails was visible, online, and would let me connect in (using logmein). I could, from there, ping the server fine, but I could not issue a remote shut...

delayed emails #3
I can send and receive emails, but when I send them they don't clear my outbox, rather I have to copy and paste them again and then they get sent. I also noticed that if I leave them in the outbox they eventually get sent the next day. Any ideas on how to send them immediately or what is wrong? I did check the settings and everything seems ok =?Utf-8?B?SGlsbGVs?= <Hillel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:43DF556B-3625-484D-A603-ACE73FDF4800@microsoft.com: > I can send and receive emails, but when I send them they don't clear my > outbox, rather I have to c...

outlook 2007 email editor #2
is there any way to insert html code into an email message? specifically, i want to insert code that will display a paypal button. thanks, john Anyone have an answer to this question? Candy "A" wrote: > is there any way to insert html code into an email message? specifically, i > want to insert code that will display a paypal button. > > thanks, > john which version of outlook and which editor? it's often easier just to do it in an HTML editor and paste or insert the finished html. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003...

vista email 01-23-10
how do I get the contact list / folder on with the inbox folder, used to be just below it, now it's gone? i've checked views, folders not sure where else to look? Are you sure you were using Windows Mail when you got the contacts showing like that? If I understand what you are asking, then Outlook Express can do that but not Windows Mail. "lordches" <lordches@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7273097C-4600-453F-82A6-0751F236ACDD@microsoft.com... > how do I get the contact list / folder on with the inbox folder, used to > be &...