Domain Upgrade

We have a Windows 2003 Native Domain with Exchange 2003 running on Windows
2003 member servers. We intend to upgrade our AD domain to 2008 and would
like to know its impact on Exchange, OCS, LCS etc

0
Glen

There should be none.  Good luck!
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

"Glen" <Glen@live.com> wrote in message
> We have a Windows 2003 Native Domain with Exchange 2003 running on Windows
> 2003 member servers. We intend to upgrade our AD domain to 2008 and would
> like to know its impact on Exchange, OCS, LCS etc

0
Ed

Windows XP upgrade
I just upgraded to XP and there was no warning or info that I would loose my address book and identity. I do think I have a back-up, but I wondered if it was backed up during the installation and I just have to import it. Aem, this newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003 from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate program despite the similar name. For help with your OE questions, try an OE newsgroup such as microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress (for OE 6), or an OE help website such as http://insideOE.tomsterdam.com. If...

forged sender domain
Can anyone tell me if sending an email with a forged sender domain (for example the sender domain=the destination domain) actually violates any RFCs for internet mail? We are working with a service that sends legitimate mail to us but it appears "from" us. A recent policy addition by our ISP to block internet mail from our local domain has started blocking this real mail and we are left to solve the problem. Thanks I don't know about the RFCs but it will be flagged as suspect (possibly forged) if anyone is doing a reverse DNS lookup. Nue "William Gilles" <Wil...

Cannot see child domain users in parent domain
Our domain has exchange servers in the parent domain and no exchange server in the child domain, when i create a mailbox for a user in the child domain the user can connect through OWA. The preview of the GAL on the server contains the user but on an outlook client i cannot find that user. the user cannot configure outlook because its name doesn't appear in the address list. help wanted please See if this helps re Outlook: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297801/en-us Nue "Hidma" <Hidma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B0BF06DC-C9EC-483E-B219-FC3AB...

Exch. Server in Child Domain
I've added both exchange servers in the replication tab of all the objects that I want to replicate... Should the folder just appear in the child domain users' public folder stack? Exchange Server 2003 on Windows Server 2003 Dan Klinge wrote: > But.....how do I get the Parent Domain's calendars to show up in the Child > Domain's users' outlook??? > > > > "Dan Klinge" <Dan.Klinge@NOSPAMJERKArborMed.com> wrote in message > news:%23pblelKOGHA.3728@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... >> Yes. I just setup replication of the two main public c...

Upgrading From Office X v.10.1.9 to Office 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC The upgrade to 2008 will not install. The only message I get is that 'the software failed to install. Please try again.'. Before installing I make sure that anti-virus is disabled (Symantec AV) and also that there are no apps currently open. Any thoughts. Thanks, Terry Have you possibly *moved* your Office X folder or any of its supporting files to a different location... if the installer can 't find what it's looking for it won't be able to succeed. -- HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac &...

multiple Domains under one domain or multiple forests under one forest
I have to research on below scenario. Asia regional countries are in separate forests/single domains Europe has forest and child domains. Europe is separate systems only connected via WAN only. Our proposal was make one forest under Europe as =91APAC=92, and then we will migrate regional counties under to APAC forest to appropriate Trees. Europe proposed that instead of creating APAC migrate all the Asia regional forest to one of Europe Domain. As example, migrate all Asia user accounts to Germany domain under Europe forest. for me putting every domain to one domain sounds messy f...

how to get a domain name
I sampled Outlook and obtained a license for it but how do I download it, open it or create it? Am I allowed a domain name? What are you talking about? Outlook is a PIM - nothing to do with = domains.=20 If you purchased Outlook, put in the CD, put in your PID when prompted, = then configure a mail account and start using Outlook. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, AJ asked: | I sampled Outlook and obtained...

Upgrade from Win 2003 Server to SBS Prem
Hi, I have the following problem: In the moment CRM1.2 runs on a Server 2003, the SQL Server is on the same machine and Exchange 2000. The thing we plan is to 'upgrade' the Win2003 to Win SBS Prem and Exchange should be transported to SBS too. It should be a one box solution then. Does Microsoft provide a chacklist for that case - or could someone give me some details about critical points!? Thanks for help, Bernd Michitsch ...

How do I upgrade from Business Contact Manager to CRM
I have microsoft buisness contact manager currently on my machine, we recently installed CRM server any ideas on how to upgrade? did you ever find an answer to this...did you check the BCM newsgroup? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Marc_DISPENSA" <Marc_DISPENSA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C1475151-927F-442A-8B23-87A99EF8A1DA@microsoft.com... > I have microsoft buisness contact manager currently on my machine, we > recently installed CRM server any ideas on how to up...

"Block auto-forward outside local domain" question
I know that Exchange can be configured to block auto-forward/redirection outside of it's own domain, and that this can be enabled for certain specified domains. But is there the possibility to add a "user exit" that can also enable this feature, based on some programtic criteria? For example, if Exchange user X has an external e-mail address my-x@somewhere.else.net, could a user exit allow X to auto-forward to their external account? If "yes", where is some information about this feature, and where would be a good place to configure the external e-mail address to mak...

upgrading to latest service pack of 9.0, file not found error
Good morning! I'm working with a customer who is upgrading to the latest service pack of GP 9.0 (they're not ready to move to 10). We installed 9.0, then installed the latest service pack of 9.0 and receive an error when launching GP Utilities: "File not found: D:\program files\microsoft Dynamics\GP\SQL\0\Upgrade.dll.UPGRADE_9__259.DRIVER_INI" I thought the fix was to create a file in that path, but doesn't seem to be working. Any other thoughts on how to fix this? -- --Peter peter, what version of gp 9 you installed, language and what version of service pack ...

Intersite domain connection issues
I have been battling a strange problem that has been difficult to troubleshoot and difficult to explain or categorize. I'm hoping that someone may have encountered similar issues and have some ideas. Problem: About every 3 days or so, the exchange server in the branch office will experience some or all of the following problems: 1. Mail flow between the main office and this branch office will stop including outgoing and incoming Internet mail and mail. 2. From this server, I cannot connect to the administrative share (c$ or d$) of one or both of the domain controllers in the ...

domain to domain TLS
Hello, In Exchange 2003 is there an easy way to enforce TLS between my domain and one or two specific external domains? I know there are some overriding, more global settings but in the case of just a few domains is what I'm more curious about. If possible, what would I need to do on my end and what would the recipient domain require to be done? Thanks for any help! Scroll down to: Enable Transport Layer Security Encryption for a Specific Remote Domain in an Exchange Organization in the following KBA: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829721 The remote domain would also need to co...

Changing Domain Name
We have mix W2k & W2k3 DCs and one E2k2 in a W2k3 member server. We now xxx.yyy.zzz.ca.us as our domain name. Now we have approval to change it to xxx.yyyyyyyy.gov format. What is the most efficient way to do it? We need to retain the old domain name with new domain name for a period of time to give our users enough time top inform their friends, other senders,etc. Thank you. -- JoeCL LACO-CAO In news:B8BD42A2-428A-4156-BE94-4CCAE8FF1E8E@microsoft.com, JoeCL <JoeCL@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > We have mix W2k & W2k3 DCs and one E2k2 in a W2k3 member server. ...

upgrade from "office X" to 2004 version
Does anyone know whether upgrading to the 2004 version of office for mac involves a "delete all and and replace" job on Office x programs or just modifications to them? The reason for this strange request is that when I was buying the mac and the word package I didn't think it through and have got the Office version for the Spanish market. While I know it would improve my Spanish to learn the translations for the menu instructions, 1 you normally don't have time when you need to use them and I never get round to it afterwards; and 2 The grammar check and some other...

Joing old domain and new domain.
Hi, I have a Windows 2003 domain, seperate Exchange 2003 server which is quite flaky and I am in the process of designing and building a new Windows 2008 domain, Exchange 2010. The two will act in the begining as seperate domains but will have to interact for data transfer and more importantly moving Exchange mailboxes. What is the best way to achieve this with the idea of dissolving the 2003 domain eventually and running only on the 2008 one. Will I have to do an adprep? is a trust relationship the best way of doing it? These are the type of things I need to know. Any ...

Setup multiple domains
My boss owns multiple companies and each has a registerd domain name. Can a single SBS2003 exchange sever host all of the domains and allow traffic to all the different domains via pop? Point me in the right direction please. Thanks On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 09:27:04 -0800, "Jamie" <Jamie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >My boss owns multiple companies and each has a registerd domain name. Can a >single SBS2003 exchange sever host all of the domains and allow traffic to >all the different domains via pop? > >Point me in the right direction please. > &g...

Changing Domain Login
Our sysadmin group changed the domain login for a user because she got married and took her husband's last name, so she can't log into CRM anymore. Is there a way to change her login in CRM? Will changing it in SystemUserBase work? -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk There's no supported way to change the login in CRM. Updating systemuserbase directly is the only way to do it; it works fine, but is unsupported. The suppported way to cope with this scenario is to create a new AD account and new CRM user, then reassign all CRM ent...

Force e-mail rec'd from one specific domain to plain text
Hi Does anyone know how to force all e-mail from one specific domain using an exchange server to be plain text? We have one specific domain that sends html based e-mail to our Outlook 2003 clients that freeze them temp when they attempt to forward the e-mails along I would like to avoid forcing all e-mail to plain text if possible Thoughts? Ian from Canada You'd need to do something on the exchange server - I think you need to use an event sink, but check with the exchange groups to be sure. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook &...

Money Investment Toolbox upgrade
Hi 1. Just upgraded to V14 of MSN Money Toolbox online. 2. Was working just great before that. 3. Now I when I go to Portfolio I see the CNBC side bar (which is just gray) and the main screen area is the dark gray background (ie. No OCX control). 4. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling numereous times and setting moneycentral to trusted site, no such luck. Works ok on my wife's PC. Any clues anyone ? Machine: XP Professional, SP1 with all the latest service packs. Thanks in advance. S. Got the same problem on my desktop pc.....installed just fine on my laptop. Still scratching ...

'In maintenance mode' status after Exchange 2003 upgrade to SP2 #2
Hello, I have upgraded all my Exchange 2003 (Enterprise edition) servers from SP1 to SP2. One of the servers display now in the status "In Maintenance Mode". The five other servers are at status "Available". Exchange is correctly running on all of them. It's the first time I see the status "In Maintenance Mode" and I cannot find any information on it. Do you have any idea? In the Monitoring tab on the server, the "Disable all monitoring of this server" checkbox is selected. uncheck it Here is the article http://support.microsoft.com/?id=2603...

hosting multiple domains #3
Hi Im running exchange 2003 on a windows 2003 AD domain. I am trying to host a second domain on my server. I have created a group in ADUC and populated this group with the users whom i want to recieve the 2nd domain email address. I setup my email address policy and i search for this group based on the groups distingushed name. The policy runs fine, but only the group i created gets the 2nd domains email address, none of the users i put in this group do. Do i have to create another recipient policy based on a user attribute? this would mean that i would have to create two recipient policies o...

Routing mails to another domain for the same user in this domain
Hi, We have couple of outside vendors in our work place who have their email address here. But they would like to have any email communication that comes to this email address to be either forwarded or sent to their email address. I checked in Exchange 2003 to add their email address but could not do it. Went to the properties of the User / Exchange General / Delivery Options and found that I could only add the email address from my AD and could not add the users outside email address. Any suggestions or is there a way to do it? thanks, Neil We usually create contacts for the ext...

How to restore Exchange backup to a new domain
Hi. I had to reinstall SBS 2003 because Directory Services would not start (ntds.dit corrupted) and no backup was available. Now I need to recover some mail from the old Exchange info store. I have a good Windows backup of the Exchange Server and the original exchsrvr folders are still intact. Can I install SBS 2003 on a temporary server and restore Exchange from the backup or somehow connect the prior exchsrvr data files to the new Exchange Server? I briefly attempted to restore Exchange from the backup while in the throes of the re-install but could not due to some sort of securi...

Same Domain, multiple domain names?
We have a domain name, companya.com which is both the windows 2000 domain as well as the e-mail domain. We recently completed 2 acquisitions, companyb and companyc. I want to be able to house all companies e-mails under the companya domain, but still be able to send and receive under the companyb.com and/or companyc.com as well as the original companya.com. how do I set it up so that all three domains are set up, and that particular users have either a, b, or c as thier default e-mail address? Thanks Joe Well... depends on where the users for CompanyB and CompanyC reside... do th...