domain to domain TLS

Hello,
  In Exchange 2003 is there an easy way to enforce TLS between my domain and
one or two specific external domains?  I know there are some overriding, more
global settings but in the case of just a few domains is what I'm more
curious about.  If possible, what would I need to do on my end and what would
the recipient domain require to be done?
Thanks for any help!
0
Dan4650 (795)

Scroll down to:
Enable Transport Layer Security Encryption for a Specific Remote Domain in
an Exchange Organization
in the following KBA:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829721

The remote domain would also need to configure their messaging system to use
TLS-only for your domain. If they use Exchange, they can create a SMTP
Connector for your domain(s) just like you did for theirs.

--
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange

> Hello,
>  In Exchange 2003 is there an easy way to enforce TLS between my domain
> and
> one or two specific external domains?  I know there are some overriding,
> more
> global settings but in the case of just a few domains is what I'm more
> curious about.  If possible, what would I need to do on my end and what
> would
> the recipient domain require to be done?
> Thanks for any help!

0
bharat3597 (1006)

forged sender domain
Can anyone tell me if sending an email with a forged sender domain (for example the sender domain=the destination domain) actually violates any RFCs for internet mail? We are working with a service that sends legitimate mail to us but it appears "from" us. A recent policy addition by our ISP to block internet mail from our local domain has started blocking this real mail and we are left to solve the problem. Thanks I don't know about the RFCs but it will be flagged as suspect (possibly forged) if anyone is doing a reverse DNS lookup. Nue "William Gilles" <Wil...

Exch. Server in Child Domain
I've added both exchange servers in the replication tab of all the objects that I want to replicate... Should the folder just appear in the child domain users' public folder stack? Exchange Server 2003 on Windows Server 2003 Dan Klinge wrote: > But.....how do I get the Parent Domain's calendars to show up in the Child > Domain's users' outlook??? > > > > "Dan Klinge" <Dan.Klinge@NOSPAMJERKArborMed.com> wrote in message > news:%23pblelKOGHA.3728@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... >> Yes. I just setup replication of the two main public c...

multiple Domains under one domain or multiple forests under one forest
I have to research on below scenario. Asia regional countries are in separate forests/single domains Europe has forest and child domains. Europe is separate systems only connected via WAN only. Our proposal was make one forest under Europe as =91APAC=92, and then we will migrate regional counties under to APAC forest to appropriate Trees. Europe proposed that instead of creating APAC migrate all the Asia regional forest to one of Europe Domain. As example, migrate all Asia user accounts to Germany domain under Europe forest. for me putting every domain to one domain sounds messy f...

Cannot see child domain users in parent domain
Our domain has exchange servers in the parent domain and no exchange server in the child domain, when i create a mailbox for a user in the child domain the user can connect through OWA. The preview of the GAL on the server contains the user but on an outlook client i cannot find that user. the user cannot configure outlook because its name doesn't appear in the address list. help wanted please See if this helps re Outlook: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297801/en-us Nue "Hidma" <Hidma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B0BF06DC-C9EC-483E-B219-FC3AB...

how to get a domain name
I sampled Outlook and obtained a license for it but how do I download it, open it or create it? Am I allowed a domain name? What are you talking about? Outlook is a PIM - nothing to do with = domains.=20 If you purchased Outlook, put in the CD, put in your PID when prompted, = then configure a mail account and start using Outlook. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, AJ asked: | I sampled Outlook and obtained...

"Block auto-forward outside local domain" question
I know that Exchange can be configured to block auto-forward/redirection outside of it's own domain, and that this can be enabled for certain specified domains. But is there the possibility to add a "user exit" that can also enable this feature, based on some programtic criteria? For example, if Exchange user X has an external e-mail address my-x@somewhere.else.net, could a user exit allow X to auto-forward to their external account? If "yes", where is some information about this feature, and where would be a good place to configure the external e-mail address to mak...

Intersite domain connection issues
I have been battling a strange problem that has been difficult to troubleshoot and difficult to explain or categorize. I'm hoping that someone may have encountered similar issues and have some ideas. Problem: About every 3 days or so, the exchange server in the branch office will experience some or all of the following problems: 1. Mail flow between the main office and this branch office will stop including outgoing and incoming Internet mail and mail. 2. From this server, I cannot connect to the administrative share (c$ or d$) of one or both of the domain controllers in the ...

domain to domain TLS
Hello, In Exchange 2003 is there an easy way to enforce TLS between my domain and one or two specific external domains? I know there are some overriding, more global settings but in the case of just a few domains is what I'm more curious about. If possible, what would I need to do on my end and what would the recipient domain require to be done? Thanks for any help! Scroll down to: Enable Transport Layer Security Encryption for a Specific Remote Domain in an Exchange Organization in the following KBA: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829721 The remote domain would also need to co...

Changing Domain Name
We have mix W2k & W2k3 DCs and one E2k2 in a W2k3 member server. We now xxx.yyy.zzz.ca.us as our domain name. Now we have approval to change it to xxx.yyyyyyyy.gov format. What is the most efficient way to do it? We need to retain the old domain name with new domain name for a period of time to give our users enough time top inform their friends, other senders,etc. Thank you. -- JoeCL LACO-CAO In news:B8BD42A2-428A-4156-BE94-4CCAE8FF1E8E@microsoft.com, JoeCL <JoeCL@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > We have mix W2k & W2k3 DCs and one E2k2 in a W2k3 member server. ...

Joing old domain and new domain.
Hi, I have a Windows 2003 domain, seperate Exchange 2003 server which is quite flaky and I am in the process of designing and building a new Windows 2008 domain, Exchange 2010. The two will act in the begining as seperate domains but will have to interact for data transfer and more importantly moving Exchange mailboxes. What is the best way to achieve this with the idea of dissolving the 2003 domain eventually and running only on the 2008 one. Will I have to do an adprep? is a trust relationship the best way of doing it? These are the type of things I need to know. Any ...

Setup multiple domains
My boss owns multiple companies and each has a registerd domain name. Can a single SBS2003 exchange sever host all of the domains and allow traffic to all the different domains via pop? Point me in the right direction please. Thanks On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 09:27:04 -0800, "Jamie" <Jamie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >My boss owns multiple companies and each has a registerd domain name. Can a >single SBS2003 exchange sever host all of the domains and allow traffic to >all the different domains via pop? > >Point me in the right direction please. > &g...

Force e-mail rec'd from one specific domain to plain text
Hi Does anyone know how to force all e-mail from one specific domain using an exchange server to be plain text? We have one specific domain that sends html based e-mail to our Outlook 2003 clients that freeze them temp when they attempt to forward the e-mails along I would like to avoid forcing all e-mail to plain text if possible Thoughts? Ian from Canada You'd need to do something on the exchange server - I think you need to use an event sink, but check with the exchange groups to be sure. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook &...

hosting multiple domains #3
Hi Im running exchange 2003 on a windows 2003 AD domain. I am trying to host a second domain on my server. I have created a group in ADUC and populated this group with the users whom i want to recieve the 2nd domain email address. I setup my email address policy and i search for this group based on the groups distingushed name. The policy runs fine, but only the group i created gets the 2nd domains email address, none of the users i put in this group do. Do i have to create another recipient policy based on a user attribute? this would mean that i would have to create two recipient policies o...

Changing Domain Login
Our sysadmin group changed the domain login for a user because she got married and took her husband's last name, so she can't log into CRM anymore. Is there a way to change her login in CRM? Will changing it in SystemUserBase work? -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk There's no supported way to change the login in CRM. Updating systemuserbase directly is the only way to do it; it works fine, but is unsupported. The suppported way to cope with this scenario is to create a new AD account and new CRM user, then reassign all CRM ent...

Routing mails to another domain for the same user in this domain
Hi, We have couple of outside vendors in our work place who have their email address here. But they would like to have any email communication that comes to this email address to be either forwarded or sent to their email address. I checked in Exchange 2003 to add their email address but could not do it. Went to the properties of the User / Exchange General / Delivery Options and found that I could only add the email address from my AD and could not add the users outside email address. Any suggestions or is there a way to do it? thanks, Neil We usually create contacts for the ext...

How to restore Exchange backup to a new domain
Hi. I had to reinstall SBS 2003 because Directory Services would not start (ntds.dit corrupted) and no backup was available. Now I need to recover some mail from the old Exchange info store. I have a good Windows backup of the Exchange Server and the original exchsrvr folders are still intact. Can I install SBS 2003 on a temporary server and restore Exchange from the backup or somehow connect the prior exchsrvr data files to the new Exchange Server? I briefly attempted to restore Exchange from the backup while in the throes of the re-install but could not due to some sort of securi...

Same Domain, multiple domain names?
We have a domain name, companya.com which is both the windows 2000 domain as well as the e-mail domain. We recently completed 2 acquisitions, companyb and companyc. I want to be able to house all companies e-mails under the companya domain, but still be able to send and receive under the companyb.com and/or companyc.com as well as the original companya.com. how do I set it up so that all three domains are set up, and that particular users have either a, b, or c as thier default e-mail address? Thanks Joe Well... depends on where the users for CompanyB and CompanyC reside... do th...

Hosting SMTP Domains
I am upgrading from Exch 5.5 to Exchange 2003 and have the ADC running. In Exch 5.5 I have a IMS Connector which has over 25 entries in the routing tab, either classed as inbound or routed to. Some of the domains are for mailbox enabled users, while other domains are for mail enabled contacts or public folders. Do I need to create multiple receipient policies for each smtp domain. ? How do I treat the routed to domain.? Also in Exch 5.5 I was allowing - automatic replies to the internet - for a specific email domain only, how can it be done in Exch 2003.?? This is so mail can be redirected ...

Exchange2003 restrict domain admins access
Hi, We have Exchange2003 server and all domain admins are able to open any mailbox without making any permissions changes. How can I restrict their access so that they can't just open any mailbox they feel like. I have setup host monitor to alert me if they access any foreign mailbox, but what should I change in exchange - they have access to any mailbox. I have addedd the registry key to see the security key in ESM, but when I look at the domain admins everything is greyed out, but they have full permissions. Where should I be looking? Thanks -- George On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 08:10:...

Exchange 2000 : Can't hide Domain Admin owned mailboxes
We are currently migrating from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000. Our postmaster doesn't have domain admin status and we don't want to change that if possible. In Active Directory Users & Computers, the postmaster can hide any Exchange 2000 mailbox except the ones that belong to domain admin accounts. The message «Access Denied» is shown when trying the command Is it normal ? Is there a solution other than giving domain admin status to the postmaster ? "R. Garant" <richard.garant@saaq.gouv.qc.ca.invalid> wrote: >We are currently migrating from Excha...

Some Domains Reject Mail From My Domain
This is a frustrating problem. I'm in a bit of an argument with our DNS person about this. I have researched this a lot, and have yet to come up with a concrete solution. I believe it's an external DNS issue and not my Exchange 2003 server. I would appreciate any assistance you could provide. Our internal Exchange server sends mail through our firewall as mail3.hearthnhome.com. Incoming Internet email goes to mail1.hearthnhome.com or mail2.hearthnhome.com where it is then routed to our internal Exchange server. Problem: Some domains block our email. They reject it saying their domain...

using domain account for Exch2003 services
In Chapter 3 of the MS Press Training Kit "Implementing and Managing Microsoft Exchange Server 2003", there are instructions for changing the Exchange Services to run under a domain account (with appropriate group memberships and rights) rather than the default Local System account for security & auditing purposes. However, I could not start the services after making the change and reviewed several articles stating that only the Local System account will work - KB Articles 271920, 239762, etc. Is the training kit wrong, or is there a way to do this? thanks in advance, Art ...

local domain same that internet domain
Hi ! I have a Windows 2000 Server with the Exchange Server 2000. I have diferent offices, each one with their own e-mail, office@mycompany.com or useroffice@mycompany.com When I installed my server I put the domain mycompany.com, and my users have and @mycompany.com account, but I have an ISP domain mycompany.com hosting and e-mail, and not all my users connect to my server. The other offices connect to my ISP. From the central office with the exchange, when sending an e-mail to the user@mycompany.com the exchange if the user is from another office it is not sent to the ISP because he recog...

default domain SMTP address
Hi all I am running exchange 2003, and hosting two different domains. The defautlt domain is domainA.com and the excahgne server is part of the AD domain. The second domain is domainB.com. Users from both domains can send and recive emails from there correct domain. I have also setup AD so when i create an account and inbox for a user in domainB.com I can pull down the domain tab in ADUC and select the coorect domain for the user account. This is all working fine, except when i create a account for domainB i get an email addresed stamped for domainB but i dont get the default domain (d...

Email Addresses not being generated for users in secondary domain
I have my exchange 2003 server sitting in a Windows 2003 domain (primary domain) ... however, there is a second domain that is only Windows 2000... when I try to generate mailboxes for accounts in that domain, no recipiant addresses are generated, under the exchange addresses. I'm not sure what to make of this. I can't tell if it's because the domain is Windows 2000, or some other issue. In addition, this same mail server (which is 2003 SP 1) is also having an error every hour. I'm unsure if it's related to the exchange problem or not. All of the information I lo...