domain namespace

I have an internal domain (Example: joe.ad) and external domain (joe.com) but
I don't want my internal domain to be publicly accessible but able to route
mail in/out?
0
souldog (5)

Please provide more detail what you're trying to accomplish.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"souldog" <souldog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have an internal domain (Example: joe.ad) and external domain (joe.com)
>but
> I don't want my internal domain to be publicly accessible but able to
> route
> mail in/out?

0
curspice6401 (3487)
9/13/2005 5:15:50 PM
I'm assuming the primary email addresses will be from the external domain...

In that case, you let your internal DNS handle the internal domain, and your
external/public DNS handle the external domain with no entries pointing to
any internal hosts.

Create/modify the recipient policy to create email addresses using your
external domain.

Also have a way for external email to be routed to your internal Exchange
server using one of these methods:
1. on your firewall map internal ip to an external/public ip, open smtp for
that ip and create mx record in external dns pointing to the public ip
2. point mx to a external/dmz smtp host and open smtp on your firewall from
the external smtp host to your exchange
3. same as number 2, but pick up mail from external smtp host using etrn
--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

"souldog" <souldog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have an internal domain (Example: joe.ad) and external domain (joe.com)
>but
> I don't want my internal domain to be publicly accessible but able to
> route
> mail in/out?

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
9/13/2005 5:23:44 PM
If a user uses joe.ad, I want to be able to convert it to joe.com and route
inbound or outbound to the internet. Similar to alias?

"Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:

> Please provide more detail what you're trying to accomplish.
> --
> Ed Crowley
> MVP - Exchange
>
> "souldog" <souldog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have an internal domain (Example: joe.ad) and external domain (joe.com)
> >but
> > I don't want my internal domain to be publicly accessible but able to
> > route
> > mail in/out?

0
souldog (5)
9/13/2005 5:25:05 PM
I have exchange 5.5 infrastructure that is part of my Doe domain.  5.5
infrastructure have their own domain but their email is joe.com.  Their
internal domain is joe.ad.  How can I change it so the domain shows joe.com,
I can sent out, but not in.  5.5 infrastructure currently have 5.5 bridgehead
that handles all in/out mail but will be going away.  I have an external DNS
(AT&T) which hosts their name records for the domain.  I remember there being
an Internet mail configuration wizard somewhere at the exchange level?

"Bharat Suneja" wrote:

> I'm assuming the primary email addresses will be from the external domain...
>
> In that case, you let your internal DNS handle the internal domain, and your
> external/public DNS handle the external domain with no entries pointing to
> any internal hosts.
>
> Create/modify the recipient policy to create email addresses using your
> external domain.
>
> Also have a way for external email to be routed to your internal Exchange
> server using one of these methods:
> 1. on your firewall map internal ip to an external/public ip, open smtp for
> that ip and create mx record in external dns pointing to the public ip
> 2. point mx to a external/dmz smtp host and open smtp on your firewall from
> the external smtp host to your exchange
> 3. same as number 2, but pick up mail from external smtp host using etrn
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MCSE, MCT
> --------------------------------
>

> "souldog" <souldog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have an internal domain (Example: joe.ad) and external domain (joe.com)
> >but
> > I don't want my internal domain to be publicly accessible but able to
> > route
> > mail in/out?

0
souldog (5)
9/13/2005 5:40:07 PM
Not sure I understand your issue correctly...

smtp email is handled by IMS (Internet Mail Service) in 5.5. You can setup
your external smtp domain in ims settings in the screen where you specify
site address to generate email addrresses.

Refer to this URL for step-by-step desc.: http://www.good.com/faq/12033.html
--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

>I have exchange 5.5 infrastructure that is part of my Doe domain.  5.5
> infrastructure have their own domain but their email is joe.com.  Their
> internal domain is joe.ad.  How can I change it so the domain shows
> joe.com,
> I can sent out, but not in.  5.5 infrastructure currently have 5.5
> bridgehead
> that handles all in/out mail but will be going away.  I have an external
> DNS
> (AT&T) which hosts their name records for the domain.  I remember there
> being
> an Internet mail configuration wizard somewhere at the exchange level?
>
> "Bharat Suneja" wrote:
>
>> I'm assuming the primary email addresses will be from the external
>> domain...
>>
>> In that case, you let your internal DNS handle the internal domain, and
>> your
>> external/public DNS handle the external domain with no entries pointing
>> any internal hosts.
>>
>> Create/modify the recipient policy to create email addresses using your
>> external domain.
>>
>> Also have a way for external email to be routed to your internal Exchange
>> server using one of these methods:
>> 1. on your firewall map internal ip to an external/public ip, open smtp
>> for
>> that ip and create mx record in external dns pointing to the public ip
>> 2. point mx to a external/dmz smtp host and open smtp on your firewall
>> from
>> the external smtp host to your exchange
>> 3. same as number 2, but pick up mail from external smtp host using etrn
>> --
>> Bharat Suneja
>> MCSE, MCT
>> --------------------------------
>>

>> "souldog" <souldog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have an internal domain (Example: joe.ad) and external domain
>> >(joe.com)
>> >but
>> > I don't want my internal domain to be publicly accessible but able to
>> > route
>> > mail in/out?

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
9/13/2005 7:36:52 PM
How do I tell the device (that will be a new bridgehead exchange server) to
forward all mail to the internal server? And likewise, how do I tell the
internal exchange server to collect all mail from the bridgehead? As is the
bridgehead anything special, or just another installation of E2K3?

"Bharat Suneja" wrote:

> Not sure I understand your issue correctly...
>
> smtp email is handled by IMS (Internet Mail Service) in 5.5. You can setup
> your external smtp domain in ims settings in the screen where you specify
> site address to generate email addrresses.
>
> Refer to this URL for step-by-step desc.: http://www.good.com/faq/12033.html
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MCSE, MCT
> --------------------------------
>

> "souldog" <souldog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have exchange 5.5 infrastructure that is part of my Doe domain.  5.5
> > infrastructure have their own domain but their email is joe.com.  Their
> > internal domain is joe.ad.  How can I change it so the domain shows
> > joe.com,
> > I can sent out, but not in.  5.5 infrastructure currently have 5.5
> > bridgehead
> > that handles all in/out mail but will be going away.  I have an external
> > DNS
> > (AT&T) which hosts their name records for the domain.  I remember there
> > being
> > an Internet mail configuration wizard somewhere at the exchange level?
> >
> > "Bharat Suneja" wrote:
> >
> >> I'm assuming the primary email addresses will be from the external
> >> domain...
> >>
> >> In that case, you let your internal DNS handle the internal domain, and
> >> your
> >> external/public DNS handle the external domain with no entries pointing
> >> any internal hosts.
> >>
> >> Create/modify the recipient policy to create email addresses using your
> >> external domain.
> >>
> >> Also have a way for external email to be routed to your internal Exchange
> >> server using one of these methods:
> >> 1. on your firewall map internal ip to an external/public ip, open smtp
> >> for
> >> that ip and create mx record in external dns pointing to the public ip
> >> 2. point mx to a external/dmz smtp host and open smtp on your firewall
> >> from
> >> the external smtp host to your exchange
> >> 3. same as number 2, but pick up mail from external smtp host using etrn
> >> --
> >> Bharat Suneja
> >> MCSE, MCT
> >> --------------------------------
> >>

> >> "souldog" <souldog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
souldog (5)
9/13/2005 9:36:11 PM
"Bharat Suneja" wrote:

> Not sure I understand your issue correctly...
>
> smtp email is handled by IMS (Internet Mail Service) in 5.5. You can setup
> your external smtp domain in ims settings in the screen where you specify
> site address to generate email addrresses.
>
> Refer to this URL for step-by-step desc.: http://www.good.com/faq/12033.html
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MCSE, MCT
> --------------------------------
>

> "souldog" <souldog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have exchange 5.5 infrastructure that is part of my Doe domain.  5.5
> > infrastructure have their own domain but their email is joe.com.  Their
> > internal domain is joe.ad.  How can I change it so the domain shows
> > joe.com,
> > I can sent out, but not in.  5.5 infrastructure currently have 5.5
> > bridgehead
> > that handles all in/out mail but will be going away.  I have an external
> > DNS
> > (AT&T) which hosts their name records for the domain.  I remember there
> > being
> > an Internet mail configuration wizard somewhere at the exchange level?
> >
> > "Bharat Suneja" wrote:
> >
> >> I'm assuming the primary email addresses will be from the external
> >> domain...
> >>
> >> In that case, you let your internal DNS handle the internal domain, and
> >> your
> >> external/public DNS handle the external domain with no entries pointing
> >> any internal hosts.
> >>
> >> Create/modify the recipient policy to create email addresses using your
> >> external domain.
> >>
> >> Also have a way for external email to be routed to your internal Exchange
> >> server using one of these methods:
> >> 1. on your firewall map internal ip to an external/public ip, open smtp
> >> for
> >> that ip and create mx record in external dns pointing to the public ip
> >> 2. point mx to a external/dmz smtp host and open smtp on your firewall
> >> from
> >> the external smtp host to your exchange
> >> 3. same as number 2, but pick up mail from external smtp host using etrn
> >> --
> >> Bharat Suneja
> >> MCSE, MCT
> >> --------------------------------
> >>

> >> "souldog" <souldog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
souldog (5)
9/13/2005 9:49:39 PM
I don't understand why you can't simply change all your addresses to
@joe.com.
--

> If a user uses joe.ad, I want to be able to convert it to joe.com and
> route
> inbound or outbound to the internet. Similar to alias?
>
> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Please provide more detail what you're trying to accomplish.
>> --
>> Ed Crowley
>> MVP - Exchange
>>
>> "souldog" <souldog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have an internal domain (Example: joe.ad) and external domain
>> >(joe.com)
>> >but
>> > I don't want my internal domain to be publicly accessible but able to
>> > route
>> > mail in/out?

0
curspice6401 (3487)
9/13/2005 9:52:00 PM
There's no such thing as "collection" in SMTP, a push protocol.
--

> How do I tell the device (that will be a new bridgehead exchange server)
> forward all mail to the internal server? And likewise, how do I tell the
> internal exchange server to collect all mail from the bridgehead? As is
> the
> bridgehead anything special, or just another installation of E2K3?
> "Bharat Suneja" wrote:
>
>> Not sure I understand your issue correctly...
>>
>> smtp email is handled by IMS (Internet Mail Service) in 5.5. You can
>> setup
>> your external smtp domain in ims settings in the screen where you specify
>> site address to generate email addrresses.
>>
>> Refer to this URL for step-by-step desc.:
>> http://www.good.com/faq/12033.html
>> --
>> Bharat Suneja
>> MCSE, MCT
>> --------------------------------
>>

>> "souldog" <souldog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have exchange 5.5 infrastructure that is part of my Doe domain.  5.5
>> > infrastructure have their own domain but their email is joe.com.  Their
>> > internal domain is joe.ad.  How can I change it so the domain shows
>> > joe.com,
>> > I can sent out, but not in.  5.5 infrastructure currently have 5.5
>> > bridgehead
>> > that handles all in/out mail but will be going away.  I have an
>> > external
>> > DNS
>> > (AT&T) which hosts their name records for the domain.  I remember there
>> > being
>> > an Internet mail configuration wizard somewhere at the exchange level?

0
curspice6401 (3487)
9/13/2005 11:13:53 PM
If you build an Exchange server, it will automatically route all messages to
the appropriate servers in its routing group.  You need do nothing special
to a bridgehead server.  If you're using the bridgehead server for outbound
mail to the Internet or other routing groups, then you will want to
configure the appropriate connectors to use the bridgehead server.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"souldog" <souldog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> How do I tell the device (that will be a new bridgehead exchange server)
> forward all mail to the internal server? And likewise, how do I tell the
> internal exchange server to collect all mail from the bridgehead? As is
> the
> bridgehead anything special, or just another installation of E2K3?
> "Bharat Suneja" wrote:
>
>> Not sure I understand your issue correctly...
>>
>> smtp email is handled by IMS (Internet Mail Service) in 5.5. You can
>> setup
>> your external smtp domain in ims settings in the screen where you specify
>> site address to generate email addrresses.
>>
>> Refer to this URL for step-by-step desc.:
>> http://www.good.com/faq/12033.html
>> --
>> Bharat Suneja
>> MCSE, MCT
>> --------------------------------
>>

>> "souldog" <souldog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have exchange 5.5 infrastructure that is part of my Doe domain.  5.5
>> > infrastructure have their own domain but their email is joe.com.  Their
>> > internal domain is joe.ad.  How can I change it so the domain shows
>> > joe.com,
>> > I can sent out, but not in.  5.5 infrastructure currently have 5.5
>> > bridgehead
>> > that handles all in/out mail but will be going away.  I have an
>> > external
>> > DNS
>> > (AT&T) which hosts their name records for the domain.  I remember there
>> > being
>> > an Internet mail configuration wizard somewhere at the exchange level?

0
curspice6401 (3487)

forged sender domain
Can anyone tell me if sending an email with a forged sender domain (for example the sender domain=the destination domain) actually violates any RFCs for internet mail? We are working with a service that sends legitimate mail to us but it appears "from" us. A recent policy addition by our ISP to block internet mail from our local domain has started blocking this real mail and we are left to solve the problem. Thanks I don't know about the RFCs but it will be flagged as suspect (possibly forged) if anyone is doing a reverse DNS lookup. Nue "William Gilles" <Wil...

Exch. Server in Child Domain
I've added both exchange servers in the replication tab of all the objects that I want to replicate... Should the folder just appear in the child domain users' public folder stack? Exchange Server 2003 on Windows Server 2003 Dan Klinge wrote: > But.....how do I get the Parent Domain's calendars to show up in the Child > Domain's users' outlook??? > > > > "Dan Klinge" <Dan.Klinge@NOSPAMJERKArborMed.com> wrote in message > news:%23pblelKOGHA.3728@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... >> Yes. I just setup replication of the two main public c...

multiple Domains under one domain or multiple forests under one forest
I have to research on below scenario. Asia regional countries are in separate forests/single domains Europe has forest and child domains. Europe is separate systems only connected via WAN only. Our proposal was make one forest under Europe as =91APAC=92, and then we will migrate regional counties under to APAC forest to appropriate Trees. Europe proposed that instead of creating APAC migrate all the Asia regional forest to one of Europe Domain. As example, migrate all Asia user accounts to Germany domain under Europe forest. for me putting every domain to one domain sounds messy f...

Cannot see child domain users in parent domain
Our domain has exchange servers in the parent domain and no exchange server in the child domain, when i create a mailbox for a user in the child domain the user can connect through OWA. The preview of the GAL on the server contains the user but on an outlook client i cannot find that user. the user cannot configure outlook because its name doesn't appear in the address list. help wanted please See if this helps re Outlook: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297801/en-us Nue "Hidma" <Hidma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B0BF06DC-C9EC-483E-B219-FC3AB...

how to get a domain name
I sampled Outlook and obtained a license for it but how do I download it, open it or create it? Am I allowed a domain name? What are you talking about? Outlook is a PIM - nothing to do with = domains.=20 If you purchased Outlook, put in the CD, put in your PID when prompted, = then configure a mail account and start using Outlook. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, AJ asked: | I sampled Outlook and obtained...

WMI ROOT\MicrosoftExchangeV2 namespace on other server?
We are running scripts on an Exchange 2003 server that gather data via WMI CIM namespace ROOT\MicrosoftExchangeV2. We would now like to move these scripts to another non-Exchange Windows 2003 system. Is it possible to install/apply the ROOT\MicrosoftExchangeV2 namespace on a Windows 2003 system that does not have Exchange? We are attempting to consolidate many administration type scripts and programs to a single system. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. -- Thanks, Charlie Hi Charlie, You do not need to install anything on the W2k3 server where you are going to run t...

"Block auto-forward outside local domain" question
I know that Exchange can be configured to block auto-forward/redirection outside of it's own domain, and that this can be enabled for certain specified domains. But is there the possibility to add a "user exit" that can also enable this feature, based on some programtic criteria? For example, if Exchange user X has an external e-mail address my-x@somewhere.else.net, could a user exit allow X to auto-forward to their external account? If "yes", where is some information about this feature, and where would be a good place to configure the external e-mail address to mak...

Intersite domain connection issues
I have been battling a strange problem that has been difficult to troubleshoot and difficult to explain or categorize. I'm hoping that someone may have encountered similar issues and have some ideas. Problem: About every 3 days or so, the exchange server in the branch office will experience some or all of the following problems: 1. Mail flow between the main office and this branch office will stop including outgoing and incoming Internet mail and mail. 2. From this server, I cannot connect to the administrative share (c$ or d$) of one or both of the domain controllers in the ...

domain to domain TLS
Hello, In Exchange 2003 is there an easy way to enforce TLS between my domain and one or two specific external domains? I know there are some overriding, more global settings but in the case of just a few domains is what I'm more curious about. If possible, what would I need to do on my end and what would the recipient domain require to be done? Thanks for any help! Scroll down to: Enable Transport Layer Security Encryption for a Specific Remote Domain in an Exchange Organization in the following KBA: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829721 The remote domain would also need to co...

Changing Domain Name
We have mix W2k & W2k3 DCs and one E2k2 in a W2k3 member server. We now xxx.yyy.zzz.ca.us as our domain name. Now we have approval to change it to xxx.yyyyyyyy.gov format. What is the most efficient way to do it? We need to retain the old domain name with new domain name for a period of time to give our users enough time top inform their friends, other senders,etc. Thank you. -- JoeCL LACO-CAO In news:B8BD42A2-428A-4156-BE94-4CCAE8FF1E8E@microsoft.com, JoeCL <JoeCL@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > We have mix W2k & W2k3 DCs and one E2k2 in a W2k3 member server. ...

Joing old domain and new domain.
Hi, I have a Windows 2003 domain, seperate Exchange 2003 server which is quite flaky and I am in the process of designing and building a new Windows 2008 domain, Exchange 2010. The two will act in the begining as seperate domains but will have to interact for data transfer and more importantly moving Exchange mailboxes. What is the best way to achieve this with the idea of dissolving the 2003 domain eventually and running only on the 2008 one. Will I have to do an adprep? is a trust relationship the best way of doing it? These are the type of things I need to know. Any ...

Setup multiple domains
My boss owns multiple companies and each has a registerd domain name. Can a single SBS2003 exchange sever host all of the domains and allow traffic to all the different domains via pop? Point me in the right direction please. Thanks On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 09:27:04 -0800, "Jamie" <Jamie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >My boss owns multiple companies and each has a registerd domain name. Can a >single SBS2003 exchange sever host all of the domains and allow traffic to >all the different domains via pop? > >Point me in the right direction please. > &g...

Force e-mail rec'd from one specific domain to plain text
Hi Does anyone know how to force all e-mail from one specific domain using an exchange server to be plain text? We have one specific domain that sends html based e-mail to our Outlook 2003 clients that freeze them temp when they attempt to forward the e-mails along I would like to avoid forcing all e-mail to plain text if possible Thoughts? Ian from Canada You'd need to do something on the exchange server - I think you need to use an event sink, but check with the exchange groups to be sure. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook &...

hosting multiple domains #3
Hi Im running exchange 2003 on a windows 2003 AD domain. I am trying to host a second domain on my server. I have created a group in ADUC and populated this group with the users whom i want to recieve the 2nd domain email address. I setup my email address policy and i search for this group based on the groups distingushed name. The policy runs fine, but only the group i created gets the 2nd domains email address, none of the users i put in this group do. Do i have to create another recipient policy based on a user attribute? this would mean that i would have to create two recipient policies o...

Changing Domain Login
Our sysadmin group changed the domain login for a user because she got married and took her husband's last name, so she can't log into CRM anymore. Is there a way to change her login in CRM? Will changing it in SystemUserBase work? -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk There's no supported way to change the login in CRM. Updating systemuserbase directly is the only way to do it; it works fine, but is unsupported. The suppported way to cope with this scenario is to create a new AD account and new CRM user, then reassign all CRM ent...

Routing mails to another domain for the same user in this domain
Hi, We have couple of outside vendors in our work place who have their email address here. But they would like to have any email communication that comes to this email address to be either forwarded or sent to their email address. I checked in Exchange 2003 to add their email address but could not do it. Went to the properties of the User / Exchange General / Delivery Options and found that I could only add the email address from my AD and could not add the users outside email address. Any suggestions or is there a way to do it? thanks, Neil We usually create contacts for the ext...

How to restore Exchange backup to a new domain
Hi. I had to reinstall SBS 2003 because Directory Services would not start (ntds.dit corrupted) and no backup was available. Now I need to recover some mail from the old Exchange info store. I have a good Windows backup of the Exchange Server and the original exchsrvr folders are still intact. Can I install SBS 2003 on a temporary server and restore Exchange from the backup or somehow connect the prior exchsrvr data files to the new Exchange Server? I briefly attempted to restore Exchange from the backup while in the throes of the re-install but could not due to some sort of securi...

Same Domain, multiple domain names?
We have a domain name, companya.com which is both the windows 2000 domain as well as the e-mail domain. We recently completed 2 acquisitions, companyb and companyc. I want to be able to house all companies e-mails under the companya domain, but still be able to send and receive under the companyb.com and/or companyc.com as well as the original companya.com. how do I set it up so that all three domains are set up, and that particular users have either a, b, or c as thier default e-mail address? Thanks Joe Well... depends on where the users for CompanyB and CompanyC reside... do th...

Hosting SMTP Domains
I am upgrading from Exch 5.5 to Exchange 2003 and have the ADC running. In Exch 5.5 I have a IMS Connector which has over 25 entries in the routing tab, either classed as inbound or routed to. Some of the domains are for mailbox enabled users, while other domains are for mail enabled contacts or public folders. Do I need to create multiple receipient policies for each smtp domain. ? How do I treat the routed to domain.? Also in Exch 5.5 I was allowing - automatic replies to the internet - for a specific email domain only, how can it be done in Exch 2003.?? This is so mail can be redirected ...

Exchange2003 restrict domain admins access
Hi, We have Exchange2003 server and all domain admins are able to open any mailbox without making any permissions changes. How can I restrict their access so that they can't just open any mailbox they feel like. I have setup host monitor to alert me if they access any foreign mailbox, but what should I change in exchange - they have access to any mailbox. I have addedd the registry key to see the security key in ESM, but when I look at the domain admins everything is greyed out, but they have full permissions. Where should I be looking? Thanks -- George On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 08:10:...

Exchange 2000 : Can't hide Domain Admin owned mailboxes
We are currently migrating from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000. Our postmaster doesn't have domain admin status and we don't want to change that if possible. In Active Directory Users & Computers, the postmaster can hide any Exchange 2000 mailbox except the ones that belong to domain admin accounts. The message «Access Denied» is shown when trying the command Is it normal ? Is there a solution other than giving domain admin status to the postmaster ? "R. Garant" <richard.garant@saaq.gouv.qc.ca.invalid> wrote: >We are currently migrating from Excha...

Some Domains Reject Mail From My Domain
This is a frustrating problem. I'm in a bit of an argument with our DNS person about this. I have researched this a lot, and have yet to come up with a concrete solution. I believe it's an external DNS issue and not my Exchange 2003 server. I would appreciate any assistance you could provide. Our internal Exchange server sends mail through our firewall as mail3.hearthnhome.com. Incoming Internet email goes to mail1.hearthnhome.com or mail2.hearthnhome.com where it is then routed to our internal Exchange server. Problem: Some domains block our email. They reject it saying their domain...

using domain account for Exch2003 services
In Chapter 3 of the MS Press Training Kit "Implementing and Managing Microsoft Exchange Server 2003", there are instructions for changing the Exchange Services to run under a domain account (with appropriate group memberships and rights) rather than the default Local System account for security & auditing purposes. However, I could not start the services after making the change and reviewed several articles stating that only the Local System account will work - KB Articles 271920, 239762, etc. Is the training kit wrong, or is there a way to do this? thanks in advance, Art ...

local domain same that internet domain
Hi ! I have a Windows 2000 Server with the Exchange Server 2000. I have diferent offices, each one with their own e-mail, office@mycompany.com or useroffice@mycompany.com When I installed my server I put the domain mycompany.com, and my users have and @mycompany.com account, but I have an ISP domain mycompany.com hosting and e-mail, and not all my users connect to my server. The other offices connect to my ISP. From the central office with the exchange, when sending an e-mail to the user@mycompany.com the exchange if the user is from another office it is not sent to the ISP because he recog...

default domain SMTP address
Hi all I am running exchange 2003, and hosting two different domains. The defautlt domain is domainA.com and the excahgne server is part of the AD domain. The second domain is domainB.com. Users from both domains can send and recive emails from there correct domain. I have also setup AD so when i create an account and inbox for a user in domainB.com I can pull down the domain tab in ADUC and select the coorect domain for the user account. This is all working fine, except when i create a account for domainB i get an email addresed stamped for domainB but i dont get the default domain (d...