Hi,

Was wondering if someone can explain this:

added external domainA to accepted domains
added domainA mail address to users mailbox
(mx was not changed)
sent email from mailbox/account/domainB (hosted on exchange server) to
domainA , arrived in users mailbox on exchange as expected

removed domainA from accepted domains
removed domainA email address from users mailbox
to domainA , arrived in users mailbox on exchange as expected, arrived in
users mailbox, this was not expected.

When using Outlook (domainB exchange accounts) and entering the email
address user@domainA.com, sending the email, check sent items in outlook and
it shoud the email was sent to user@domainB.com.

How is this possible if :
domainA was removed from exchange
domainA was removed from users mailbox email address tab
all exchange services were restarted
outlook was restarted
global address list does not show domainA
local contacts also doesnt hold teh address.

How else does outlook / exchange know to route domainA to an internal
mailbox ?

Thanks
Scott

0
Scott

Did you wait for Active Directory replication to complete?
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

"Scott" <nospam123@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Was wondering if someone can explain this:
>
> added external domainA to accepted domains
> added domainA mail address to users mailbox
> (mx was not changed)
> sent email from mailbox/account/domainB (hosted on exchange server) to
> domainA , arrived in users mailbox on exchange as expected
>
> removed domainA from accepted domains
> removed domainA email address from users mailbox
> to domainA , arrived in users mailbox on exchange as expected, arrived in
> users mailbox, this was not expected.
>
> When using Outlook (domainB exchange accounts) and entering the email
> address user@domainA.com, sending the email, check sent items in outlook
> and it shoud the email was sent to user@domainB.com.
>
> How is this possible if :
> domainA was removed from exchange
> domainA was removed from users mailbox email address tab
> all exchange services were restarted
> outlook was restarted
> global address list does not show domainA
> local contacts also doesnt hold teh address.
>
> How else does outlook / exchange know to route domainA to an internal
> mailbox ?
>
> Thanks
> Scott

0
Ed
1/21/2010 4:34:31 PM
If it's not a replication problem, I would reboot the server. I've
heard of instances where adding\removing accepted domains did not take
affect until the system was rebooted though this should not be the
case.

James Chong (MVP)
MCITP | EA | EMA; MCSE | M+, S+
Security+, Project+, ITIL
msexchangetips.blogspot.com

On Jan 21, 11:34=A0am, "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <cursp...@nospam.net> wrote:
> Did you wait for Active Directory replication to complete?
> --
> Ed Crowley MVP
> "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
> .
>
> "Scott" <nospam...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

> > Hi,
>
> > Was wondering if someone can explain this:
>
> > added external domainA to accepted domains
> > added domainA mail address to users mailbox
> > (mx was not changed)
> > sent email from mailbox/account/domainB (hosted on exchange server) to
> > domainA , arrived in users mailbox on exchange as expected
>
> > removed domainA from accepted domains
> > removed domainA email address from users mailbox
> > to domainA , arrived in users mailbox on exchange as expected, arrived =
in
> > users mailbox, this was not expected.
>
> > When using Outlook (domainB exchange accounts) and entering the email
> > address u...@domainA.com, sending the email, check sent items in outloo=
> > and it shoud the email was sent to u...@domainB.com.
>
> > How is this possible if :
> > domainA was removed from exchange
> > domainA was removed from users mailbox email address tab
> > all exchange services were restarted
> > outlook was restarted
> > global address list does not show domainA
> > local contacts also doesnt hold teh address.
>
> > How else does outlook / exchange know to route domainA to an internal
> > mailbox ?
>
> > Thanks
> > Scott- Hide quoted text -

Jamestechman

How do you add/remove Windows 7 components?
How do you add/remove Windows 7 components, like games media centre, etc. "computerkiller" <computerkiller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B005B581-11F2-4F8D-BDF4-A6B27EAB287E@microsoft.com... > How do you add/remove Windows 7 components, like games media centre, etc. As your question has nothing to do with the .NET Framework (the topic supported in this discussion group, please refer to the links below for the Windows 7 support forums: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windows7 http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...

forged sender domain
Can anyone tell me if sending an email with a forged sender domain (for example the sender domain=the destination domain) actually violates any RFCs for internet mail? We are working with a service that sends legitimate mail to us but it appears "from" us. A recent policy addition by our ISP to block internet mail from our local domain has started blocking this real mail and we are left to solve the problem. Thanks I don't know about the RFCs but it will be flagged as suspect (possibly forged) if anyone is doing a reverse DNS lookup. Nue "William Gilles" <Wil...

Update Rollup for Exchange in sp1?
Does anyone know if the Update Rollup for Exchange (KB838236) Store Patch http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=8bdaf1df-fec1-447f-9677-2204599a71f8&DisplayLang=en is included with Exchange server 2003 SP1? If not is it ok to apply after a SP1 deployment? Thanks It is included in SP1 "systimax" <systimax@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:50DB292F-D7DE-42C0-ABC1-355400006E7F@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know if the Update Rollup for Exchange (KB838236) Store Patch > > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?Famil...

Outlook unable to connect to Exchange
We recently migrated our SBS2k Exchange to a new exch'03 server. Everything is being controlled by the '03 server and all exchange services have been turned off on the SBS2k machine. When we turn off the SBS server, no one is able to connect to the '03 mail server. Suggestions? How did you migrate it? If you brought up a new server in the same Exchange organization, Outlook clients should update their profiles automatically. If you didn't, then you'll have to manually update each Outlook client's profile to point to the new server. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchan...

Can't remove routing connectors
I have 2 routing connectors left over from a server that has been removed. One for MSMail and one for cc:Mail which, as far as I know, have never been needed, they were just installed with the other server. (There is a routing connector for SMTP that I installed for the new server and that should be all I need as far as I know.) The old server is now gone and I can't figure out how to remove these routing connectors. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Bryan ...

email using excel vs. pdf files
Thanks for your response, I use Excel 2003. What I'm trying to do is eliminate the wasted time creating PDF files. Again, thanks for any assistance you can give. Hi Please post in the same thread If you use Office 2002 or 2003 see this KB article. How to Send a Range of Cells Using VBA. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;816644 -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "corphealth" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1e1d01c485ea$9d3c1b20$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Thanks for your response, I use Excel 2003. W...

Cannot see child domain users in parent domain
Our domain has exchange servers in the parent domain and no exchange server in the child domain, when i create a mailbox for a user in the child domain the user can connect through OWA. The preview of the GAL on the server contains the user but on an outlook client i cannot find that user. the user cannot configure outlook because its name doesn't appear in the address list. help wanted please See if this helps re Outlook: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297801/en-us Nue "Hidma" <Hidma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B0BF06DC-C9EC-483E-B219-FC3AB...

How does one remove Office Reminders
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I find these constant reminders (i.e., meeting alarms) that pop up very annoying as I happen to use Office 8 at home and 2007/windows at work (and sync the 2 via VPN/Exchange Server). Is there a way to turn them off? They pop up even when Entourage is closed. Thanks! ...

preformatting an email from the command line
Hello, I'm working on an application that is launching an email and preformatting it with the "to", "cc", "subject", and "body". I used to successfully use something like the following example: cmd /c start mailto:"al@hotmail.com"? cc="al@hotmail.com,blah@hotmail.com"?body="call%20me% 20ishmael"?subject="subject%20test" This worked fine until my company upgraded to office xp. Now only the "to" line and the first specified field after the to field will work. The rest of the data gets thrown ...

Exch. Server in Child Domain
I've added both exchange servers in the replication tab of all the objects that I want to replicate... Should the folder just appear in the child domain users' public folder stack? Exchange Server 2003 on Windows Server 2003 Dan Klinge wrote: > But.....how do I get the Parent Domain's calendars to show up in the Child > Domain's users' outlook??? > > > > "Dan Klinge" <Dan.Klinge@NOSPAMJERKArborMed.com> wrote in message > news:%23pblelKOGHA.3728@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... >> Yes. I just setup replication of the two main public c...

IIS service on Exchange SVR 2003 sp2
I am not sure if this is the correct spot to post...? I am running Ex Svr 2003 sp2, and have monitoring enabled. I am automatically emailed problems with the Services option. I get them a few times a week. Lately they have been getting worse up to 15 a day. I haven't been able to tell which service is the problem. But I think there is a problem with IIS as the other day I had 80 IIS error pop-up windows on the server. I looked at the IIS logs. I am running 3 websites on the server, Exchange and accessories, Symantec Mail Security for Exchange, and Administration (I think for Win...

multiple Domains under one domain or multiple forests under one forest
I have to research on below scenario. Asia regional countries are in separate forests/single domains Europe has forest and child domains. Europe is separate systems only connected via WAN only. Our proposal was make one forest under Europe as =91APAC=92, and then we will migrate regional counties under to APAC forest to appropriate Trees. Europe proposed that instead of creating APAC migrate all the Asia regional forest to one of Europe Domain. As example, migrate all Asia user accounts to Germany domain under Europe forest. for me putting every domain to one domain sounds messy f...

Help Adding up multiple calculated cells
I have 8 columns that MAY contain NOTHING or may contain text chosen from a lookup name from a data validation pick list. Lic3 won't contain a value UNLESS Lic1 AND Lic2 are populated. I have 8 columns range named Lic1, Lic2, etc to hold a chosen license name. I have 8 other columns used for number counts relating to the lookups I have range named Lic1Cnt, Lic2Cnt, etc which hold a number such as 12. I need to add up the value calculated for each Lic based on looking up the text in a table, getting the price and then multiplying by the Lic? Cnt number. Some records may have only a singl...

Adding to a list of codes
Hi In Excel 2003 I have a spreadsheet listing a large number of cost centres. Each month I am given a list of the cost centres and expenditure against them, which I want to use a look up to populate in to a master spreadsheet. However, during the month new cost centres could have been created. What I would like to be able to do is run a macro against the monthly return and compare the codes contained in it to the codes already listed in the master sheet. If there are any new codes not already in the master sheet I would want them added to the existing list so that the mast...

Selectively removing gridlines in excel
I would like to be able to format my Excel spreadsheets so that the gridlines only appear in the data area of the spreadsheet but not in the title or column heading area. Is it possible to remove grid lines selectively or must the either be on or off? The only thing that I've found so far that works is to select the area and format itusing a fill colour. On or off, but you can use a white fill colour where you don't want them to be seen Or you could remove them and use borders to make it look like you have them, I would definitely use the first method Regards, Peo Sjoblom ...

Exchange 5.5. to Exchange 2003 migration problem
Situation: Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 migration, 1 organization, 1 site, 1 Exchange 5.5 server, 1 Exchange 2003 Server Problems 1) Public folders are replicated to Active Directory and visible in Active Directory users and computers, but not in Exchange 2003 System Manager 2) The new Exchange 2003 server not visible in Exchange 5.5 administrator Exchange 2003 setup completed normaly without errors. No errors reported in Event logs on Exchange 5.5, No errors reported in Event logs Exchange 2003 No errors reported on Windows NT40 domain controllers No errors reported on Window...

Adding a second SMTP address for entire company
Exchange 5.5 SP4. Is there a quick way of adding a second email address to every account in our exchange organization? We presenlty have eveyone's email setup with user@companyname.ca and we are wanting to add user@companyname.com so that the users have both addresses. Thanks, Luc Add the second SMTP address to each of the Recipient Policies in your organization. Use this KB for steps on how to modify the Policies: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;263845&Product=exch2003 -- Steven Halsey Stevhal@online.microsoft.com Microsoft Exchange Please do not ...

script error in email
I receive an email periodically from a well known evangelist. If my cursor happens to hit on it in anyway, I get a "script error". I click yes or sometimes no, and my computer freezes up. I have to restart computer and without clicking on that email delete it by deleting emails before it. How can I put this email in my junk folder? Or, put it on my do not accept sender's website? And what might that script error that shows up say as per verbatim ? -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and wil...

how to get a domain name
I sampled Outlook and obtained a license for it but how do I download it, open it or create it? Am I allowed a domain name? What are you talking about? Outlook is a PIM - nothing to do with = domains.=20 If you purchased Outlook, put in the CD, put in your PID when prompted, = then configure a mail account and start using Outlook. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, AJ asked: | I sampled Outlook and obtained...

"Block auto-forward outside local domain" question
I know that Exchange can be configured to block auto-forward/redirection outside of it's own domain, and that this can be enabled for certain specified domains. But is there the possibility to add a "user exit" that can also enable this feature, based on some programtic criteria? For example, if Exchange user X has an external e-mail address my-x@somewhere.else.net, could a user exit allow X to auto-forward to their external account? If "yes", where is some information about this feature, and where would be a good place to configure the external e-mail address to mak...

Outlook 2003 hangs when creating new Exchange Account/Connection
Ok, well Im on the edge of giving up. Heres the Scenario I just got done installing my Exchange 2003 server on a windows 2003 server. Runs great. I went around and set up all the other computers in the office to connect to it and when i added them, they snapped to, i mean you go, control panel, email, new email, exchange account, and then put in your server name, and your user name, and you click check name, and it worked for everyone. Except my computer. My user name works on other computers. I was able to get one error to pop up saying it couldnt communicate with the server. But i c...

Exchange server full Dismounted mail box store
Ok hi everybody i am currently using exchange 2000 standard on w2k server, obviously since my IT guy has left me high and dry i am faced with the the problem o fthe exchange blowing up and the mailbox constantly dismounting. Online maintenance says 25mb will only be freed up inspite of users deletings/archiving GB of data. I have run an offline defragmentation too to no avail. could anyone shed some light on this situation and advise me of a feasible solution rather than purchasing exchange enteprise. Any work around? i would greatly appreciate it. How do i exactly split my mailboxes a...

adding scroll bar to comment boxes
Hi Friends, Is it possible to have scroll bars in comment boxes. I have to add a lot of text to the comment boxes. So scroll bars in a comment box will make it easy to go through the text. thanking you people in advance sincerely ...

Intersite domain connection issues
I have been battling a strange problem that has been difficult to troubleshoot and difficult to explain or categorize. I'm hoping that someone may have encountered similar issues and have some ideas. Problem: About every 3 days or so, the exchange server in the branch office will experience some or all of the following problems: 1. Mail flow between the main office and this branch office will stop including outgoing and incoming Internet mail and mail. 2. From this server, I cannot connect to the administrative share (c$ or d$) of one or both of the domain controllers in the ...

domain to domain TLS
Hello, In Exchange 2003 is there an easy way to enforce TLS between my domain and one or two specific external domains? I know there are some overriding, more global settings but in the case of just a few domains is what I'm more curious about. If possible, what would I need to do on my end and what would the recipient domain require to be done? Thanks for any help! Scroll down to: Enable Transport Layer Security Encryption for a Specific Remote Domain in an Exchange Organization in the following KBA: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829721 The remote domain would also need to co...