Hi,

Was wondering if someone can explain this:

added external domainA to accepted domains
added domainA mail address to users mailbox
(mx was not changed)
sent email from mailbox/account/domainB (hosted on exchange server) to
domainA , arrived in users mailbox on exchange as expected

removed domainA from accepted domains
removed domainA email address from users mailbox
to domainA , arrived in users mailbox on exchange as expected, arrived in
users mailbox, this was not expected.

When using Outlook (domainB exchange accounts) and entering the email
address user@domainA.com, sending the email, check sent items in outlook and
it shoud the email was sent to user@domainB.com.

How is this possible if :
domainA was removed from exchange
domainA was removed from users mailbox email address tab
all exchange services were restarted
outlook was restarted
global address list does not show domainA
local contacts also doesnt hold teh address.

How else does outlook / exchange know to route domainA to an internal
mailbox ?

Thanks
Scott

0
Scott

Did you wait for Active Directory replication to complete?
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

"Scott" <nospam123@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Was wondering if someone can explain this:
>
> added external domainA to accepted domains
> added domainA mail address to users mailbox
> (mx was not changed)
> sent email from mailbox/account/domainB (hosted on exchange server) to
> domainA , arrived in users mailbox on exchange as expected
>
> removed domainA from accepted domains
> removed domainA email address from users mailbox
> to domainA , arrived in users mailbox on exchange as expected, arrived in
> users mailbox, this was not expected.
>
> When using Outlook (domainB exchange accounts) and entering the email
> address user@domainA.com, sending the email, check sent items in outlook
> and it shoud the email was sent to user@domainB.com.
>
> How is this possible if :
> domainA was removed from exchange
> domainA was removed from users mailbox email address tab
> all exchange services were restarted
> outlook was restarted
> global address list does not show domainA
> local contacts also doesnt hold teh address.
>
> How else does outlook / exchange know to route domainA to an internal
> mailbox ?
>
> Thanks
> Scott

0
Ed
1/21/2010 4:34:31 PM
If it's not a replication problem, I would reboot the server. I've
heard of instances where adding\removing accepted domains did not take
affect until the system was rebooted though this should not be the
case.

James Chong (MVP)
MCITP | EA | EMA; MCSE | M+, S+
Security+, Project+, ITIL
msexchangetips.blogspot.com

On Jan 21, 11:34=A0am, "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <cursp...@nospam.net> wrote:
> Did you wait for Active Directory replication to complete?
> --
> Ed Crowley MVP
> "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
> .
>
> "Scott" <nospam...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

> > Hi,
>
> > Was wondering if someone can explain this:
>
> > added external domainA to accepted domains
> > added domainA mail address to users mailbox
> > (mx was not changed)
> > sent email from mailbox/account/domainB (hosted on exchange server) to
> > domainA , arrived in users mailbox on exchange as expected
>
> > removed domainA from accepted domains
> > removed domainA email address from users mailbox
> > to domainA , arrived in users mailbox on exchange as expected, arrived =
in
> > users mailbox, this was not expected.
>
> > When using Outlook (domainB exchange accounts) and entering the email
> > address u...@domainA.com, sending the email, check sent items in outloo=
> > and it shoud the email was sent to u...@domainB.com.
>
> > How is this possible if :
> > domainA was removed from exchange
> > domainA was removed from users mailbox email address tab
> > all exchange services were restarted
> > outlook was restarted
> > global address list does not show domainA
> > local contacts also doesnt hold teh address.
>
> > How else does outlook / exchange know to route domainA to an internal
> > mailbox ?
>
> > Thanks
> > Scott- Hide quoted text -

Jamestechman

distribution group emails don't reach all recipients
Exchange 2000 - single Win2K server, single 2k3 domain. We've just noticed an odd problem - certain internal emails sent to distribution groups fail to reach some of the intended recipients in those groups. Is this a known problem? What could be the cause? Thank you. Always related to DC/GC replication issue. If the GC which DL Expansion server talks to does not contain the user's information, then the mail could not be delivered. ...

Adding control boxes automatically
Hi Folks, I'm completly jammed here, I've been trying to find a way to add control box to a form by clicking a bottom. Unfortunately, I've keep failed. Could someone help me on this matter. Your help will be very appreciated That's an extremely unusual thing to have to do in a production application. Perhaps you can explain your situation, and someone will be able to suggest an alternative. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Fred's" <frederic10_mess@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1193673833.6376...

Ads in 2007 demo version
I've downloaded the 2007 premium demo version from MS and like most of what I've seen. I am disappointed, however, that the Planning and Investing tabs go to web pages, complete with motion advertisements and wire reports. Another click is required to go to pages that have my information on them. Is this the same behavior that occurs in the retail version? Thanks Yup. "BTF" <btfnohamproducts@austin.rr.com> wrote in message news:23j8g2pb0odul649ph8a9eo4t3o2oeirmu@4ax.com... > I've downloaded the 2007 premium demo version from MS and like most of > what I...

Emails based on Activites (Workflow)
I would like to setup a simple workflow rule that sends an email to the user when an activity is assigned to them, from another user. Also when an activity is completed I would like for it to automatically send an email to the original user who created the activity. I have not been successful at doing this. Any one that has any information on this, please let me know. It would be greatly appreciated -- Thank you in advance In v1.x, workflow events don't fire for activities. This will be supported in the next version though. If you need to do this today, check out the post-callo...

adding rows #2
How do I add rows without changing cell location in the formula. For example: The data for the formula is always located in cell B4 and if I add a row on top of B4, I want the formula to remain with B4. Right now, if I add a row, the cell in the formula goes down one row. Hope for help If I understand, you're adding a row higher than B4. This shifts B4 down, but you want the "new" B4 to be the data for the formula. If this is the case you could try this: =formula(OFFSET(A1,3,1,1,1)) That is, as long as you don't add a new top row. ...

How to deactivate CRM Tags in emails subject line ("CRM 01564000)
Hello, Whenever I send an email, my clients receive an email with a tag at the end of the subject line like CRM: 000452600 . This is really unprofessional and I want to remove it . Do you know how to do that ? Thanks That is for email tracking, if you disable it, the email will not tracking in CRM. -- Jim Wang Business Solutions Engineer MCSE, MCDBA, Microsoft CRM Professional United Kingdom "Raphael B" wrote: > Hello, > > Whenever I send an email, my clients receive an email with a tag at the end > of the subject line like CRM: 000452600 . This is real...

truncated email in Outlook2000
A couple of my users have some of their emails received truncated. Others receiving the same email do not have this problem. They are all using Win98, some se,with 256MB RAM on PIII. Those who receive the email in full content tried to do a forward to the affected user, but the same thing happens. At first I thought it was because the user has large pst files but removing it didn't help. I have searched MS support and technet support but couldn't find any solution to this. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks Alicia Hi Alicia, Does the mail that is being truncated a...

CRM without Exchange Server ?
Do I need to install Exchange server to use Microsoft CRM ? Or can I use it without it ? I have Linux Servers, but microsoft mail clients... You do not need Exchange for CRM. But you do need Exchange for CRM Email "Joe Cactus !!!" <Joe Cactus !!!@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:58264387-1E85-42E6-A1AE-8A0D258E7F6D@microsoft.com... > Do I need to install Exchange server to use Microsoft CRM ? > Or can I use it without it ? I have Linux Servers, but microsoft mail > clients... > > Joe; There are a few ISV's who make products that...

hiding contacts in exchange 2003 from directory search
Hello, Can somebody point me to the right directions. I want to hide the contacts from certain people in the domain. When users search directory servcice, they can still see the contacts. I have put all the contacts onto one single OU. Do I filter the GAL? Thanks, Tnt On 23 Aug 2006 11:21:17 -0700, tractng@gmail.com wrote: >Hello, > >Can somebody point me to the right directions. I want to hide the >contacts from certain people in the domain. When users search >directory servcice, they can still see the contacts. > >I have put all the contacts onto one single ...

Is it really possible to just send an email?
I am one of those people who dreads coming back to Outlook. Here is the reason why. All I want to do is send one email that resides with nine others in my outbox. I have spent 4 hours trying to figure out how to send one stupidly simple email. I have just completed writing 30 pages of code for a website but I can't send one email with Outlook. Can somebody please put me out of my misery and tell me how to do it or what is this program supposed to be used for. "cjcoombes" <cjcoombes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DD5E6E6-B45A-46AA-BF39-9A77B...

record still not updated until close the form or run report
I have a cmdStart button in frmWorkshop. When click, it opens another form frmSignIn On load event of frmSignIn, I make frmWorkshop visible = false Below is cmdSignIn on form frmSignIn. It seems the line Forms!frmWorkshop.[WS]=1 always in the memory instead of update the record. Me.Dirty=False does not help. I have to either close frmWorkshop, or run other report be fore the update to show up. Where did I do wrong? Private Sub cmdSignIn_Click() Dim rst As DAO.Recordset Set rst = Forms!frmWorkshop.RecordsetClone If Me.intEN <> "" Then rst.FindFirst &quo...

Fowarding all messages outside of the domain?
I have two users that want their mail that come to their exchange mailbox to foward to an external email account. Where is the option to do this on the server side? They will not have their outlook open all the time, so i dont know how to do it. Thanks in advance, Dan What is the version of you Exchange? -- Jorge Patricio D�az Guzm�n MCP http://www.itpro.cl This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Dan Cooper" <DanCooper@discussions.microsoft.com> escribi� en el mensaje news:5FEB72E1-2122-4531-BC8C-C3EB6C34C161@microsoft...

Backup exchange 2003
Hi, How to backup an exchange 2003 in a Windows 2003 Server? SF NTBackup on the Exchange Server, select Microsoft Information Store. Patrick Rouse Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >How to backup an exchange 2003 in a Windows 2003 Server? > >SF > > >. > On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 19:32:59 -0800, Patrick Rouse [MVP] wrote: > NTBackup on the Exchange Server, select Microsoft > Information Store. But remember to backup the Exchange database(s) and system state in two different jobs, otherwise the backup will fail. Also see...

deleted e-mail address still appears
I deleted an e-mail address, and it no longer appears in my contact list BUT, the first three letters of the deleted name are the same as another contact and the deleted contact still comes up first. I've tried changing the properties with no luck. Any ideas? As you type the first three letters of the name and the two different names popup, use the arrow keys to select the wring name and click the delete key on teh keyboard. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 "pebseattle@seanet.com" <anonymous@discussions.mic...

Exchange 5.5 and Spam
We use Exchange 5.5 and two days ago someone was able to find a user id/password on our machine and was sending us thousands of outbound messages that were spam. Now my boss has finally decided to spend some money on an anti-spam solution. I checked google but most of the solutions I found were not for Exchange 5.5. Any suggestions??? Spam Marshall (http://www.spammarshall.com). They have a free and a paid version, both work with Exchange 5.5 Ghareeb Rahi wrote: > We use Exchange 5.5 and two days ago someone was able to find a user > id/password on our machine and was sending us t...

Removing names from Global Address list
we are running exchange 2000 and I need to remove some names from the global address list Thanks in advance for your help The GAL is just an LDAP filter which reflects objects with "email" addresses. In order to remove names from the GAL you need to remove the addresses or the associated AD objects. Nue "jv" <jv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:090837CF-902A-444E-82EB-986D8E34D4E7@microsoft.com... > we are running exchange 2000 and I need to remove some names from the > global > address list > > Thanks > in advance for your h...

Exchange Admin Account for Backup Software
I need help either finding my Exchange Administrator user or designating a user with proper permissions to access my Exchange mailbox store via my backup software (Veritas Backup Exec 10). I've tried the Delegate Control function in Exchange System Manager to no avail. I'm only getting half of the value of my backup solution until I get this figured out. Any ideas? Daniel On Tue, 10 May 2005 09:45:44 -0700, "Daniel J. Spencer" <dspencer@rlmin.org> wrote: >I need help either finding my Exchange Administrator user or designating >a user with proper permiss...

How do I remove a Bin from a Inventory Item. GP 10
Over the course of a couple of years our inventory department has attached bins to Inventory Items that are not in that bin. Now we have hundreds of items with multiple bins locations attached to them that shouldn't be. Is there a way to remove the bin from the item? It seems it should be a easy thing to do. I just cant find it. Submitted via EggHeadCafe Twitter Search API with jQuery and JSONP http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/94d7bda5-c477-4ff9-b71d-e24e5fc70c24/twitter-search-api-with-jquery-and-jsonp.aspx ...

Setting up a small Exchange server for several businesses
Hi there! We are looking into the fact to host a Exchange for a few small businesses. I don't think we need a massive solution like the one Microsoft says in 'Hosting Exchange' documents. I think that we might get like 500 users on the exchange with 5-10 different companies. How should we go further ? What should we think about when setting up this solution. Front/Backend exchange ? How to set up the AD ? How to set up the address lists so the companies don't see each others list and users ? etc. etc. Help me out please with a few tips to go further... /Lasse Swed...

Removing the "broom" that pops-up in Excel
Does anyone know how to resolve this issue? The broom appears after I copy/paste a row. The broom allows me to change formatting, but it gets in my way and I can't see the cells beneath it. Frustrating! Tools|options|Edit tab uncheck show paste option buttons (and anything else you want disabled) LynnMcolorado wrote: > > Does anyone know how to resolve this issue? The broom appears after I > copy/paste a row. The broom allows me to change formatting, but it gets in > my way and I can't see the cells beneath it. > Frustrating! -- Dave Peterson ...

CRM email router requires Outlook Express components...
Hi, Just thought I'd pass on our success story with CRM-Exchange integration. We've been experiencing nothing but headaches with the Exchange Router configuration in the past week. We were not able to send emails from CRM and/or Web interface. What we had determine was that Outlook Express needs to be installed on the CRM servers. We are running CRM 3.0 on 2003 servers. However, by default, our servers are setup without Outlook Express components. Tons and tons of logs were passed back and forth to Microsoft BS. We decided to test by installing OE components and this finally reso...

Removing the Disable/Enable Macros screen?
Is it possible to remove the Disable/Enable Macros screen when document loads ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Alan, You can't disable the macro warning for a document. If you could, then any self-respecting virus would do exactly that. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Alan T" <Alan.T.x0eqn@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Alan.T.x0eqn@excelforum-nospam....

Resolving KDC error... which SPN do I remove???
Hi all. Using the LDAP tool I have found that my domain controller and my admin account have two matching Service Prinicipal Names. HOST/COMPUTER NAME Host/COMPUTER NAME.mydomain.com Everything that I have read tells me to delete the duplicate SPN. How do I know which item to remove the duplicate from? Do I remove it from the Domain Controller or the Admin account? Thanks for any help! Hank Hank, did you have any luck this, can you share how to resolve the KDC error? thanx, Joe "Hank" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1f5ca01c457c1$50fe3c...

Email addresses without user accounts
We have both 2003 & 2007 Exchange in our domain, we are part way through a transition to 2007. Is there a method to list all of the email addresses within the domain that do not have a user account associated with them, for example mail enabled public folders or distribution groups ? Run this command from Exchange Management Shell, it will spit out a list of DL's and smtp address associated with them. [PS] C:\>get-distributiongroup | fl name, emailaddresses > c:\addresses.tx As for Public Folders, you might try Get-publicfolderstatistics but not sure thi...

Adding additional domains in Exchange 2003
OK I found the answer for setting up additional domains but now I need to know if there is a way for my users to send from our exchange server from the additional domain names. For example, my default exchange domain is @abc.com, I added the @xyz.com domain and I can receive mail sent to xyz.com with the exchange server. Now my users want to be able to reply to messages sent to tom@xyz.com and have it appear that the message is sent from that domain. However, they show up as coming from tom@abc.com. Additionallly they may need to send a message that comes from tom@xyz.com. Whew, I...