Does DDNS work with Exch 2003?

I had DDNS (no-ip.com) working with Exchange 2000 a while ago but now I'm
trying it out on 2003 and cannot get it to work. Everything gets stuck in
the queue and mail from the outside bounces back to the sender.

I know I'm a rookie but it's the only way I can learn. I have a feeling my
FQDN is not right as well as my MX records. Any help will be appreciated.

BP

0
bombparis (9)

As long as your Exchange 2003 server is able to receive messages, that
shouldn't cause any problem (of course, supposing your DDNS is updated when
necessary).

What error message do you get ?

"Brian Paris" wrote:

> I had DDNS (no-ip.com) working with Exchange 2000 a while ago but now I'm
> trying it out on 2003 and cannot get it to work. Everything gets stuck in
> the queue and mail from the outside bounces back to the sender.
>
> I know I'm a rookie but it's the only way I can learn. I have a feeling my
> FQDN is not right as well as my MX records. Any help will be appreciated.
>
> BP

I do not get any errors. It just tells me that it is delayed. I used the
POP3 connector to get my mail from my ISP and that works. Now to send mail I
want to use DDNS (dynu.com) but also have it be able to reply to that same
address. But it doesn't work either way (POP or SMTP)

What should my MX records say, and what should the FQDN be of the exchange
server?

Thanks,
BP
"Benoit Boudeville" <BenoitBoudeville@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:4476CB9B-1F69-4EF3-8E9B-DCE39DD893BB@microsoft.com...
> As long as your Exchange 2003 server is able to receive messages, that
> shouldn't cause any problem (of course, supposing your DDNS is updated
> when
> necessary).
>
> What error message do you get ?
>

> "Brian Paris" wrote:
>
>> I had DDNS (no-ip.com) working with Exchange 2000 a while ago but now I'm
>> trying it out on 2003 and cannot get it to work. Everything gets stuck in
>> the queue and mail from the outside bounces back to the sender.
>>
>> I know I'm a rookie but it's the only way I can learn. I have a feeling
>> my
>> FQDN is not right as well as my MX records. Any help will be appreciated.
>>
>> BP

0
bombparis (9)

Size of excel work book is not full screen
The excel work I have been sent is not full screen (about 3/4 size). Clicking on blue header does not make it full screen. It is not possble to stretch the window either. Maybe the workbook is protected with the windows option checked. Tools|Protection|unprotect workbook (if that option is available) You may need a password. Mike wrote: > > The excel work I have been sent is not full screen (about 3/4 size). Clicking > on blue header does not make it full screen. It is not possble to stretch the > window either. -- Dave Peterson ...

Autocalc not working
When I select a group of cells, in most of my excel docs, the sum of those cells is displayed in the bar at the bottom of the sheet. In some docs, it doesn't work. I've right-clicked on the bar and sum is checked, but nothing happens. Is this my fault? Most things are. TIA Steve In those "some" docs, the numbers are probably entered/pasted as Text, rather than numeric values. To convert them, copy a blank cell, select your 'numbers' and choose Edit/Paste Special, selecting the Values and Add radio buttons. In article <fa2gsk$oit$1@news.datemas.de>, ...

outlook 2003 page setup
when i send e-mail they are sent as a page with the text in lines as it should be. the recipients receive them as just a long line of text. how do i correct this? -- seanpaul99 Are you sending the mail in Plain Text or HTML? "seanpaul99" <seanpaul99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1359A7FA-0605-410D-A524-FD806EFC4E9F@microsoft.com... > when i send e-mail they are sent as a page with the text in lines as it > should be. the recipients receive them as just a long line of text. how do > i > correct this? html -- seanpaul99 "Vince Aver...

Mixing Access 2007 with 2003 and Replication
I am presently using Access 2003 and contemplating upgrading to 2007 and have a couple of questions. 1-If I keep my MDB as "2002-2003 format" can it take advantage of all the changes, in particuler "Export to PDF", I want to be able to Email directly (no more PrimoPDF)? 2-If I change my MDB to 2007 can I still replicate to the others MDB's ("2002-2003 format")? Thanks for any help. On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 15:24:01 -0800, Wind54Surfer <Wind54Surfer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: There is no A2007 MDB format. However you can continue t...

Outlook 2003 downloading emails
My Outlook 2003 will only download one email at a time. If there is more than one email on the server, it times out. I have to go to Verizon Webmail and move all but one email to another and download them one at a time. I have two Yahoo Plus mail accounts and their emails come through fine. Can anyone help? Do you have any integrated Anti Virus? Tried starting Outlook using the safe switch? Start>Run>Outlook.exe /safe (Note space between, exe /) "nanageek" <nanageek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4201651A-FC09-4FEE-9701-6982C8E354B6...

tutorial for MS Publisher 2003.
I am new to MS Publisher 2003. Is there a tutorial for this program? I really need to read it in order to get started using MS Publisher 2003. There are a few tutorials available on the Microsoft site. Plus there is always the Help file. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "alpoppe" <alpoppe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6C141E37-943F-403A-92F0-0DF603CE2568@microsoft.com... >I am new to MS Publisher 2003. Is there a tutorial for this program? I > really need to read it in order to get started using MS Publisher 2003. Here's a...

Vlookup or Hlookup does not work
Hi, I need a simple formula... seems very diffucult to get In Sheet 1 I have employee names on horizontal line and a lot of numbers in vertical line. In Sheet2, i Have emloyee names on vertical line and in horisontal line i want to set up formula in sheet2 so that it calcualtes total number for each month for each name as per below sample: Sheet1 John Month days January 5 january 3 january 4 February 10 March 6 TOtal 28 Sheet 2 JOhn January February March 12 10 6 or at least John and 28 days total. Take a look SUMIF ...

Autojournal not working (Ken???)
I've been researching an Outlook problem and see several posts by Ken on the topic. Unfortunately, the fixes don't work for me... I would like the "Create new Journal Entry when starting new call" checkbox to be checked by default. IOW, I want every call made with the autodialer to be logged. I believe I have followed Ken's registry instructions correctly, but without success. (Exported registry branch follows.) I had to create the "Enabled" value, but the others were already there and set. I am running WinXP and Outlook 2002 SP-2. Any thoughts why th...

Export works
Using Office 2003 - When I export from Outlook 2003 it work and creates the PST file. When I try to import, browsing for file, I cannot find the PST file to import? It is there when I use Windows Explorer? Is there a setting missing or what? Thanks Always choose your save locations carefully ;-) By default Outlook export to the following folder; C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\ Make sure you include hidden and system files and folders when searching for pst-file. -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creatin...

deleting arrays in Excel 2003
I am trying to delete array references in Excel 2003 (accessible via top-left drop-down menu left of the function toolbar). I have been replacing some old arrays referencing external data with new ones referencing external data. It appears that the old arrays are still referencing the external data even though I have replaced the same cells with new arrays with external reference. In other words, I am now prompted for query parameters for the old arrays that I am no longer using. Is there a way for me to delete them? I can't delete them from that drop down menu, and I haven't foun...

Which versions of Publisher work with XP?
I tried to install my old version of Publisher (the one that came with my Gateway, with Windows 95) and it wasn't compatible with XP. I don't use it very much, just to make cassette and CD labels, so I don't want to pay top price for a new one. I would rather buy an older, used version from eBay. Which are the versions of Publisher that would work with XP? Also, I never bought used software before. Is there some kind of built in thing that prevents a second buyer from installing it? -- Dave Schwartz Commack, NY if you don't want to spend any money - take a closer look ...

Detach AD account from Exchange 2003 mail account
Hi How does one detach a 2003/AD user account from a 2003 exchange mail account with out deleting either? Cheers In AD Users and Computers, Right click the account. Select Exchange Tasks. In the list of tasks to perform, select "Remove Exchange Attributes". Then in Exchange System Manager run the cleanup agent on the mailbox store (right click Mailboxes under the Mailbox Store). The mailbox should then show a red x next to it. The two are now detached. (You'll need to create a new user account for the mailbox if you still want mail to go to it or if you want it ...

Problem with Exchange 2003 Permissions
I have a 2003 installation which only has one mailbox database and one public folder database in the first storage group. the issue im having is that i cannot mount the public folders db with the error " The store could not be mounted because the active directory information was not replicated yet you cant either... press cancel or retry" and when I do a retry i got "The Microsoft exchange information store service could not find the specified object." ID no: c1041722 I googled a lot about this issue which is supposed to be a permissions issue but i had alre...

Speakers not working.
My computer speakers (small ones) stopped working. Tried some new ones... same problem..no sound. Could someone instruct me how to check the drivers or sound card. Thanks. Outlook question? You should check to see if your speakers are muted. Go to Control Panel, Sounds and go thru all the links--volume control will have a mute button. If there's a speaker icon on the lower right, use that to get to the controls. You should ask about this in the forum for your operating system. "Terry" wrote: > My computer speakers (small ones) stopped working. Tried some new ones.....

Shift-F9 works but F9 does not
I recently upgraded to Outlook 2003, it's slick. But, our company makes us work Offline and just do a "Send/Receive All (F9)" to keep our mailboxes in synch. This functionality does not work for me since upgrading Outlook. I can open each individual folder and press Shift-F9 and it will update just that folder, but that is very laborious. Pressing F9 doesn't even prompt me for my password, it just flashes the progress window and finishes. Pressing Shift-F9 will ask for my password the first time I do it. Even when I sneak and start Outlook in online mode, the s...

How do i work out what each one has worked ?
Hi , i have a major headache trying to calculate what my Technical crew are doing. I currently have them entering their data as follows: Start times in Column A.....This is not always entered in order of tim Finish times in Column Tech initials in Column C,D,E & When i add the durations of each of their jobs, filtered using their initials...the total is accumulative which is wrong as no one can be in two places at the same time I would very much appreciate it if somone can help ...

OL 2003 Formatting Question
For me, it takes considerable trial and error and effort to get the various mail folder columns and fonts set up the way I want them. I am getting ready to do a clean install on my hard drive. Is there a way to save the formatting information for later use? Thanks, Don "plymouthguy" <djraysr@lycos.com> wrote in message news:eUPkBX$pHHA.208@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > For me, it takes considerable trial and error and effort to get the > various mail folder columns and fonts set up the way I want them. I am > getting ready to do a clean install on my hard driv...

TS cals for 2003?
I've been told that I can't buy cals for a 2003 TS anymore. Is this true? Can I apply 2008 TS cals to users connecting to a 2003 server? "techstress" wrote: > I've been told that I can't buy cals for a 2003 TS anymore. Is this > true? > > Can I apply 2008 TS cals to users connecting to a 2003 server? > . As I know, CAL purpuse through volume license scheme (open, select, etc.) have downgrade right. ...

Hyperlinks in Outlook Express Don't Work
Hi, For some strange reason, all of a sudden when I click a link in an email it doesn't go anywhere. And when I right click on the link, open link is not an option. Anyone have any ideas? I'm at tamahansen@yahoo.com. Thank you! Dan Dan Hansen <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > For some strange reason, all of a sudden when I click a > link in an email it doesn't go anywhere. And when I right > click on the link, open link is not an option. You should ask Outlook Express questions in an Outlook Express newsgroup. Did you try Tools>Internet Optio...

Q822945 move Exchange 2003 to new hardware
I will be swapping out the hardware on my Exchange server soon using Q822945 and have a couple of questions: The article states to make a full backup of the "exchange 2003 storage groups" and the "SRS database". Is this just a simple store backup using NTbackup/veritas? I am planning on using Veritas to do it with the Exchange addin to perform the backup/restore. Is there some way I can make the Exchange Server unavailable to my users but still be able to backup the information Store. Any other suggestions would be appreciated, Bob Sorry this is a duplicate post....

Documents not working over secure https link
I have published my sharepoint server using ISA server 2006 and I can access our site at the https without an issue and move around. However when I attempt to go to a shared documents folder or to open a document it attempts to open the folder using http instead of https. Has anyone else seen this? ------=_NextPart_0001_AD7F29C0 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit This may be an issue with the Alternate access mappings. Please refer to this blog or post your AAM settings here. http://blogs.msdn.com/sharepoint/archive/2007/03/06/what-every-sharepoint-a...

Resizing to Scale in Visio 2003
Maybe a simple question - First you create a technical drawing to a certain scale on 11"x17" diagramming paper. Each inch of paper is a 10x10 square so 100 small squares make up one square inch. There are 17 squares horizontally and 11 squares vertically. 1. First Question: can this drawing be scanned for use by Visio 2003 and in what format? 2. Second Question: can Visio Resize this drawing image to a much larger size but Preserve the Scale that was used? If so I would then print this new Resized drawing on a drafting type print device to produce a drawing plan. Thank y...

filters in Outlook 2002 sometimes do not work
I have configured filters in Outlook 2002 to place mail from a specified account into a specific folder and it works, sometimes. Other times it just dumps everything into my inbox. I have four e-mail accounts and I would like each account to place the incoming mail in separate folders. Does anybody know why it works sometimes, but not others? My folder structure is as follows: inbox work mail folder mom's mail folder kid's mail folder dog's mail folder When the filter works, the mail is moved to one of the folders. If it decides not to work, it just dumps all the mai...

My cursor doesn't seem to work on word works fine anyplace else
Basically when I am working on my laptop and typing a document, if I wanted to go back ,say a paragraph I normally would left click the cursor position and I'm there. But now it won't respond to new position and I can't click to the new position. Very frustrating. I have to use the buttons to move back or forward on my document. ...