document user storage limit settings

Is there a way (util, vbs, etc) to document storage limit settings for
individual users without having to manually go through AD?

Once the documentation is done, is there a way to reset a group (OU or
security group) to default storage limit settings?

Background:
We've been on Exch 5.5 for years and have just migrated to Exch 2003 Ent.
Many of the 400+ users have individual storage limits but I would like to use
the store limits are the primary limiter.

Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.
Thanks,

--
David
MCSE 4, Network +, A+

"DavidTN" <DavidTN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Is there a way (util, vbs, etc) to document storage limit settings for
>individual users without having to manually go through AD?

You can export the properties from the AD with LDIFDE.

>Once the documentation is done, is there a way to reset a group (OU or
>security group) to default storage limit settings?

Limits are applied to the database and/or mailbox-enabled users, not
the OUs or Groups.

You can make changes to the LDIF file and import it to alter (or
remove) the individual settings.

>Background:
>We've been on Exch 5.5 for years and have just migrated to Exch 2003 Ent.
>Many of the 400+ users have individual storage limits but I would like to use
>the store limits are the primary limiter.

The "primary" limiter would be the individual user limits. The
database limit would apply to those mailbox-enabled users without any
user-specific limits. IOW, the database limit provides a default value
that's overridden by the more specific settings.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

redirect my documents
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0075_01C60228.32B5F210 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, How can I change the folder when my user want to insert an attachment?? = I would like to use an especific folder.. can I to do this?? thks, Jane ------=_NextPart_000_0075_01C60228.32B5F210 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> &l...

Create address list based on the Group Membership of user
Hello ! In exchange 2003 was posiible to create an address list based on the Group Membership of user as article ID 321723 in KB Microsoft describes. We are trying to do the same on Exch 2007. How can we do this using Opath syntax ? What exactely is the command for the dynamic custom filtering? Thank you very much Paolo & Corrado memberOf Attribute can now be used in OPATH filters! http://exchangepedia.com/blog/2007/02/memberof-attribute-can-now-be-used-in.html -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia.com/blog ------------------------------...

Clip art User agreement.
When I first used the ClipArt site the EULA (End User's License Agreement) did appear. Is there a way that I can see this agreemtn again so I know the limits of my ability to use the photographs and clip art on that site. Thank a lot. Open the ClipArt page http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/default.aspx?lc=en-us Way down on the bottom of the screen in small print, click Legal... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Baha" <bh@integrity-plus.com> wrote in message news:375901c4aaed$26a6e760$a30128...

set Behaviour entering field programatically
Hey, I noticed this was addressed in a previous post but i need a little more specific help, namely: the Option for Behaviour Entering Field can be set using Application.SetOption("Behavior Entering Field") = 0 What I have is a form with many text and combo boxes. for the most patr, i want the behavious set to Select Entire Field. There is one text box where I need to change it so on entering it moves to the end of the field, then changes back once I exit the field. I tried putting the code in OnExit and OnEnter but i get a "Compile Error: Argument not optional" e...

Selective Out of Office for users
Hello Everyone, We have a situation where we have certain users that require out of office replies to be sent to the internet; however the majority of the employees in the company do not want/need this feature. Is there a way to only allow certain users this feature? I know that auto reply to the Internet with outlook rules is a possibility but not really a desired solution for IT or the user. I know I can do this for selective domains but the users that need this function needs it to reply to any domain. Thanks for any assistance. Jason LaFrance I don't believe there's a...

Retrieve document that was closed as Document 1?
I had a three page Word document still titled as Document 1 that I accidently closed before remembering I wanted to keep the first page. I had not saved the document before closing so if I select a Word document again I will get Document 1 but it will be blank. Is there any way I can retrieve this document? Frank C. If you didn't save it there's nothing to recover. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web s...

Open documents in new window
I recently uninstalled an add-in (Office Tab), and since then all instances of Word 2007 (on XP SP3) open in the same window, rather than in new windows, which is my preference. I'm pretty sure I remember having to change it to the "open in new window" for the default setting a couple of years ago when I first started using 2007, but can't seem to find out how that is done. Any help would be greatly appreciated. David uncheck the Windows in Taskbar in the View dialog under office menu under the Microsoft Office Button. Hope this helps DeanH &quo...

Why do I get a blank page when trying to print Avery Document 516.
I have the labels ready to go. Using Microsoft Word. When I try to print the labels, I get a blank page. I tried two printers, HP and Brother. Same thing with both. Any suggestions? Check the font formatting. Make sure that it is not hidden. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "bburkesj" <bburkesj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B881C096-C3F6-475B-B00A-F75C2DED0D73@microsoft.c...

Stop users leaving cells blank
Hi I have found some code from another thread which stops users leaving cells blank and displays a warning message when the user attempts to save the file: Dim cell As Range For Each cell In Sheets("Sheet2").Range("A1,A2,A3,A4") If IsEmpty(cell.Value) Then MsgBox "You must fill in cell " & cell.Address Application.Goto cell Cancel = True Exit For End If Next cell Now, this works fine in the file itself and when I save it as a .xlsm file (I am using Excel 2007). However, the problem is that when you go to open the ...

setting a password on acess db and using ADO
Hi, I have a program using ADO with access db. Is it possible to add a password to the access database, so that only the program can modify the access database, thanks, Behzad why use ADO. Why not Ms Access ActiveX Exe ???? :) "bn" <b@b.com> wrote in message news:OVHmk6ueFHA.256@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi, > I have a program using ADO with access db. Is it possible to add a password > to the access database, so that only the program can modify the access > database, > > thanks, > Behzad > > "bn" <b@b.com> wrote in messag...

open the document instead of the inquiry window
When adding a PO to a service call, we click the PO number and it opens the PO inquiry screen. We need it to open the actual PO/document screen so the addresses can be modified as needed, etc. Is there a setting somewhere in GP to allow this? ...

Saving an Excel document after moving additional worksheets to it
I have a 'master' spreadsheet that I would like to add additional tabs to. I'm not having any problems moving the worksheets into the document but when I try to save the file its not happening. I have tried renaming the file, saving to a pen drive but nothing seems to be working. I seem to be able to save the first worksheet but then reopening and saving additional worksheets without success. Would anyone have any idea why I am unable to save the file.....thanks ...

Erasing an element of set
Can anybody give me an example to erase an element of set? If an element if erased, should we rearrange the set or the set can rearrange itself? Thanks. Do you mean std::set? Or some other kind of set? joe On 14 Feb 2007 04:13:54 -0800, "ghozan" <ghozan@gmail.com> wrote: >Can anybody give me an example to erase an element of set? >If an element if erased, should we rearrange the set or the set can >rearrange itself? >Thanks. Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder.com Web: http://www.flounder.com MVP Tips: http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm yes...

Microsoft Documentation
Hi, I came across this http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=64966E88-1377-4D1A-BE86-AB77014495F4&displaylang=en#top page which is the Technical Overview of DirectAccess. Is their like a central link that one can go to and find other technical overviews of other products which maybe of interest? Thanks "biren" <biren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75543666-0178-4559-9D60-01E16B1E3428@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I came across this > > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=64966...

Changing the Zoom to open a document in 100%
When I open a particular document on my computer it automatically shows it at 100% Zoom. However, my boss has a problem showing the document on his computer at less than 100%. He would like to change it so that he does not have to adjust it at 100% every time he opens the document. Can you tell me how this could be done? Do you really want the zoom changed to 100% or do you want it so that he can see the same columns as you see? If you want to set the zoom to 100%, you can do something like this in your auto_open (or workbook_open) code: Option Explicit Sub auto_open() Dim wks ...

Setting Public Folder Permissions (Exchange 2003)
We have a public folder on our Exchange server that stores all of our client contact information. I know that there is a way to assign permissions (Owner, Editor, etc) to the other Exchange users. I did this once or twice when we were on Exchange 5.5. How would I do that on Exchange 2003? It is in the Exchange Tasks of each user in AD? Is it something in the Exchange console that I am missing? forgot to send you the link (-: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=635BE792-D8AD-49E3-ADA4-E2422C0AB424&displaylang=en oz -- Best regards, Good Luck Oz Ozugurlu __________...

Where is documentation of VBA Chart properties and methods?
Where can I find documentation listing all of the Excel VBA Chart properties and methods? An internet site, or a good book maybe? Thanks. Never mind. I realized that the Excel VBA help file was not installed. Sorry about the dumb questions. "Hmmm..." <blahbla@blahl.com> wrote in message news:1wDRa.106421$Io.9109532@newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net... > Where can I find documentation listing all of the Excel VBA Chart properties > and methods? An internet site, or a good book maybe? Thanks. > > ...

How we can set ReadOnly properties of Controls on Dialog in MFC
Hi guys, How r u. Can you please tell me how we can set the ReadOnly property of Controls on DialogBox at run time not through ClassWizard in MFC. if you know please tell me i am waiting for your reply. raghunandan_1081@yahoo.com wrote: > Hi guys, How r u. I am fine thank u. >Can you please tell me how we can set the ReadOnly > property of Controls on DialogBox at run time not through ClassWizard > in MFC. if you know please tell me i am waiting for your reply. What Control Are u talking about. Assuming it is Edit Box (CEdit) then it has a method called SetReadOnly(BOOL Value)...

Move pages from document to document?

How to dsiplay Word Document inside a control in WinForms Applicat
Can I display word document in Windows Form Panel Control or any other control ? Here objective is not display word document as seperate application but show the word document inside the windows Form. Thanks, --Israr Hi, I think we can do this using OLE control(VB). Thanks, Senthil. S -- senthilkumarabi ...

My documents
Hello all, Vaguely I remember the is a global (windows) variable which points to the 'My Documents' path. Because users may change the default path C:\My Documents, I can not use that path to save a file from Access. Can someone help me out. Thx, Ludovic Open a command prompt, and type: set Use Environ() in your code. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Vsn" <vsn at hotmail> wrote in message news:eqcTzkZ1HHA.5992@TK2M...

Remote Users for GP 8.0
We have a remote site with 5 users that are connected to us via a T1 point to point at 1.5mbps. We would like to have these w/s connect to run great plains. Is a vpn possible? SHould we use a terminal server? Any advantages in using citrix? Thanks John John, I would usually recommend Terminal Server 2003 for what you're describing. VPN only (without TS or Cirtix) is not supported by MS, nor advisable, even over a point to point T1 you're not going to like the performance. Citrix doesn't really offer too many advantages over TS for 5 users, but is also a viable alter...

Need help with table set-up and Thanks!
I’m about to finish my first database and am in the planning stages to create another. I want to express my gratitude to all that helped me with this. I learned more with the help of this group in three months than in three years of reading books and taking classes. I have the utmost respect for all of you kind people. I just hope that I’ll be able to find you all when they close down this site. I need some guidance about my table set-up. I’m going to have a data table that will be updated each month for employee, project and hours worked. I want to have a master tab...

Move a document from an offline printer queue to an online queue?
Running under Vista Home Premium SP2. I have three printers installed: One online that I want to use, one offline that I use only occasionally, and one at my dad's house that I use when I use my PC on his network. The online printer is the default, of course. I'm not sure how I did it, but I have a few documents that went to the wrong printer queues. Assume for the sake of argument that I can't reprint those documents. Is there a way I can transfer them from the wrong queues to the online printer? I'm smart enough not to consciously select a different prin...

How to change document template
How it is possible to change internal documentation template for "reports" in UML software section??? I want to add there me own template ...