do i require pop3?

requirement : there will be one e-mail address. External users will send
attachments to this e-mail address and i would be downloading it from here.

cant i do this by only smtp enabled on exchange server, which is by default?
0
JackDorson (167)

"Jack Dorson" <JackDorson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> requirement : there will be one e-mail address. External users will send
> attachments to this e-mail address and i would be downloading it from
> here.
>
> cant i do this by only smtp enabled on exchange server, which is by
> default?

You shouldn't need POP3 for this.  You should be able to access the mailbox
using Outlook or Outlook Web Access.

Lee.

--
___________________________________

Outlook Web Access for PDA and WAP:
www.leederbyshire.com
___________________________________

0
Lee

DPM2010 RTM
I'm trying to setup SMTP without authentication however it always returns the error ID 2013 logon failure. 2007 worked fine, can 2010 send alert with anonymous SMTP? Can you check if you can send mail using some other tool(powershell has send mail equivalent command) from the DPM machine to send an email using the same account? -- Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. DPM Newsgroup will be deprecated very soon. Please start using DPM TechNet forum at:http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en...

BP-System Requirements
Does anyone know where I can find more detail information on Web Server requirements for Business Portal? I'm looking for more detail on user access. We are talking about 400 users accessing it. What's the best approach? How many users per web server? Any help out there ... thanks Yes, there was a session at Convergence on this topic. If you have access to the Convergence site, go to https://www.msconvergence.com/downloads.aspx and scroll down to GP09 Planning for your Business Portal Implementation and Deployment. There is a zip file with a TON of good information. &quo...

Purchase order Required
I would like to see a checkbox option in the customer screen Purchase Order number Required. Currently, there is nothing in SOP forcing you to enter data into the PO field. This in turn causes payment delays when a PO # is left off an order. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree&q...

Cell format requires manual edit
I have a problem with changing the format of a pure number in a cell formatted as a text. After the type is changed to a number (actually it's changed to special - 000000), the cell refuses to change until after the cell is edited (with or without changes) and the ENTER key is pressed. Is there an easy way around this? A similar thing happens with a cell has a special enter character. Editing the cell and pressing enter changes the cell format to word wrap and to recognize the special character, though the character is not usually desired. I know how to delete the special characters wi...

SMTP & POP3 Setting
Does anyone know the smtp and pop3 settings for MSN or Hotmail through OL? MSN no longer supports pop3/smtp with their accounts. All accounts and hotmail are http accounts Cheers "DJM911" <david.malandra@siemens.com> wrote in message news:9a5401c4974e$6d0146e0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know the smtp and pop3 settings for MSN or > Hotmail through OL? ...

Different POP3 and SMTP server in OL97
Hi I am trying to setup OL97 up, so that i will receive internet mail from one POP3 server, but send mail from a different SMTP server. The "session login" name ans passwords are different for each server. If I try to set i up as one service, with different POP3 and SMTP servers there is no place where I can write the different user accounts and passwords. If i try to set it up as 2 different services, one for POP3 and one for SMTP, the machine insists that I input a value for both a SMTP server and a value for a POP3 server in each case. What am I doing wrong? -delfin Not sur...

C#.Net developer required by direct client in Manchester
C#.Net developer required by direct client in Manchester - NH Duration: FTE/Direct Hire or Contract to Hire/Temp to Perm Location: Manchester, NH *** IN_PERSON interview required***** * design and develop robust, high level web applications using C#, ASP.Net and SQL Server. * Ability to handle UI, middleware and backend application development and de-bugging of applicaitons * quality control of application developed * responsible for coordination of application development with on-site and off-site development team * Business Liaison with vendors and stake holders Required Skills: C#, ASP....

bandwidth requirements
I have been told there are minimum bandwidth requirements for some applications. Can anyone tell me if this is true and what the minimum bandwidth requirements would be for Microsoft Exchange? That depends on your organization size: how many users, how many servers, messaging habits, etc. For a branch office with 30 users and a centralized Exchange server, 64 Kb may be sufficient... Or not! -- Blog "subject: exchange" http://spaces.msn.com/members/ehlo "Terri" <nospam.ttremblay@dca-falcon.com> wrote in message news:10v2blrpetc6j9f@corp.supernews.com... &...

Forward Email to Pop3
How do I set an Exchange Server up to foward my company email to my home pop3 email address? Use Wizard Rules for this. Contact your admin first to verify that automatic forwarding to the Internet is enabled http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/automaticreply.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Doug Johnson" <doug.johnson@direcway.com> wrote in message news:263b01c4a7f4$78cb8880$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How do I set an Exchange Serv...

urgent requirement for project leader/apm required
hi, we are having urgent requirement for one of our client cmmi level5 company in hyd and chennai. if u r intrested send me ur updated resume gangadhar.sadhu@optionsindia.com Skill Microsoft Technologies Job Description Project Leader / APM required: Minimum 6 years experience out of which 2/3 years as PL / APM Education MCA / BE / Computer Science Graduates Technology - Microsoft VB / ASP .Net exposure - RDBMS - Oracle / SQL Server Experience in development & implementation in following Domains: Financial Costing Purchase & Inventory Sales Automation Payroll HR ...

pop3/stmp
How/where do you change the settings once they have already been established? I cannot find a place to enter the correct adress. Tools-> E-mail Accounts...-> View or change existing e-mail accounts-> Next-> select Account-> button Change... -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar -Creating a Classic View in Outlook 2003 Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your mailbox! www.sparnaaij....

Required text
Is there a way in Word 2007 to have some text imbedded that cannot be removed by a user? Have a paragraph that requires the user to choose between text a and text b with the ability to remove text not chosen but not both. Is this possible? ...

requirements
Software Engineers(2-4 Yrs Experience) Qualification : Engineer from reputed institution/MCA Technologists with any of the below skills set 1) C++, distributed application development under Linux, Unix and Windows, Telecom and IP protocols i.e. ISDN, SS7, R2, R1, H.323, SIP MGCP etc. 2) C++ and DBMS, SQL, across all platforms for Linux, NT and Unix. 3) VC++. Net, MFC and Win32 Programming, H.323, TCPIP, ISDN, SS7, SIP, Embedded VC, Windows CE 4) C++, Unix experience on multi-threaded development in Windows environment with a strong understanding of software testing concepts. ...

Outlook requires new authentication
Hi, One user account in our AD domain requires new authentication when starting Outlook and connecting to Exchange 2003. If he gives his ad domain password he able to connect his email box. Have anyone an idea why he is required to give second time his password although he is successfully logon ad domain with his username and password? Log into Exchange should be transparent to him like everyone else does. Thanks, Jose ...

Email Templates
Does anyone know how to get cross entity information into a standard email template? Our client wants to be able to be on the Account and send an automatic email that goes direct to the primary contact and pulls in the owner information lists all the open Opportunity information for that account. Much like a Invoice mail merge pulls all the related Product information onto it as line items. They also want it pretty and customer facing? Has anyone done soemthing like this or have a tool or code or customization to leverage the features of the email template and merge field capabili...

REQUIRED FIELDS ON A FORM
Greetings, I've checked the properties of all the fields/text boxes/labels etc on the form to identify any field that is a required value. I fill in all required fields and some that are not required and when I send the message a window pops up telling me there is a required field. Is there some way to 'list' fields and properties or just those that have a required value before sending. Thnaks, Yuda No. If you want Outlook to give you more specific information, then use a validation formula and a validation text message for each field you want to validate. FYI, there ...

Novice requires macro help
I require a macro to sort the following example: Sheet1 FRED BOB SID BERT MARY a SUSAN b c FAY d e f JAN g MARGO h JO I j Where the cell has text in it copy the text from the cell along with the row title and column title and place in a new worksheet. e.g. Sheet2 a MARY BOB b SUSAN FRED c SUSAN BERT Hope someone can help! Thanks is advance, KP -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =----- Sorry that the spaces got messed u...

help required in designing an inventory form
Hi All, I am struggling with a basic logic when i am designing the final transaction form I have 3 tables; tblprojects: ProjectID-autonumber pk pno-project no pname - project name tblItems: itemID - autonumber pk itemno- item no itemDesc Uom-unit of measure tbltransactions: TransactionID-autonumber pk PID- project id FK linked to tblproject projectID TranItemID - itemid FK linked to tblitems itemID DOR- Date of Receipt UnitsReceived - Qty received Location - location UnitsUsed - Units Used DOI- Date of Issue I have created 3 forms. Adding new projects Adding new items Adding new inve...

Links required
Hi, I am now writing my first POS system and I am looking for links about the following subject: Introduction to interface between POS Hardware such as cashiers and software systems Thank you for your help, Samuel Samuel, Thats a pretty broad subject line. This board is for questions about Microsoft RMS Store Operations, Headquarters, and MSPOS. -- Jeff Faul Merchants Solutions "Samuel" wrote: > > Hi, > > I am now writing my first POS system and I am looking for links about the > following subject: Introduction to interface between POS Hardware suc...

530 authentication required error
Recently my home computer is unable to send messages through Outlook 2000. The error message is "Server rejected you as the sender. 530 authentication required". However, I am able to access through the web and log on successfully. I still can received my email. What is causing this issue? Pichegru <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Recently my home computer is unable to send messages > through Outlook 2000. The error message is "Server > rejected you as the sender. 530 authentication required". > However, I am able to access through the...

requirements
Can anybody tell me what kind of knowledge is needed to handle Great Plains. I have done only MCSE. Can i handle it or learn it? Thankx! >-----Original Message----- >Can anybody tell me what kind of knowledge is needed to >handle Great Plains. I have done only MCSE. Can i handle >it or learn it? > >Thankx! >. >Anybody can learn it. ...

Automatically remove POP3 account
Our outlook 98 and Outlook 2002 client are configure with two service accounts. One Mapi and one Pop3. How can I automatically remove just the Pop3 account without affecting the Mapi account. Any ideas, Thanks! ...

outlook requires outlook express 4.01
Heres the sad story. I've got/had a corporate version of Office XP loaded on my machine at work. I've just recently bought a PDA phone that came with a copy Outlook 2002 so I thought I'd install it. Now when I try to start Outlook I get "Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Outlook requires Outlook Express 4.01 or greater. I'm using Outlook Express 6 to write this message so I think I should be ok. I guess upgrading from Corporate to Personal is a BAD thing. I've tried deinstalling Office XP and my Outlook 2002, searching thru the registry for every occurrence of Off...

retry required to access exchange server
I'm running Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2000 server. The clients are running Outlook 2003. Often when they load Outlook it times out while looking for the server. Says stuff like Exchange Server Unavailable. They hit the retry button once or twice and it goes in. I've changed the timeout but it doesn't affect this. Does anyone else have this problem and if so is there a solution. I looked at SP1 and it doesn't mention this issue. Thanks for your help. ...

Query/Expression Help Required!
Hello, i would appreciate any help in regards to the problem i am having. I will try and explain it to the best of my ability (im a newbie to Access 2000) Here is a snipt of the information i have extracted via a query. I have been able to work out Duration via a calculation. "Agent Pin" "Start Time" "AUX Name" "End Time" "Duration" "7015" "13:45:21" "After Call Work" "13:54:18" "537" "7015" "14:30:25" "After Call Work" "14:31:03" &...