Do I need Windows 2003 Enterprise for Exchange 2003 Enterprise?

Hi I am upgrading our server to Windows 2003 either Standard or
Enterprise.  I know that I want Exchange 2003 Enterprise because we
have the Standard version at the moment and are about to hit the 16GB
limit.  Do I need Windows 2003 Enterprise for Exchange 2003 Enterprise?

What will Windows 2003 Enterprise give me that Standard does not?

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.

No you don't.  You would only need Windows 2003 Enterprise if you are
planning on doing clustering.  I'm sure there are some other things it will
get you, but clustering capability is one of the big additions.

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

<needin4mation@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi I am upgrading our server to Windows 2003 either Standard or
> Enterprise.  I know that I want Exchange 2003 Enterprise because we
> have the Standard version at the moment and are about to hit the 16GB
> limit.  Do I need Windows 2003 Enterprise for Exchange 2003 Enterprise?
>
> What will Windows 2003 Enterprise give me that Standard does not?
>
> Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.

0
Ben

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

What are .ifs files used for Exchange 2003?
I am running Exchange 2003 SP1 Enterprise with the default install. So drive m should be disabled. Though I notice .ifs files popping up in the directory where the mailbox store is. The research that I found it that Exchange uses these files as temp files and the SA removes them when they are done. But I don't know how acurate the research is that I found. Does anyone know if this is normal operation for Exchange 2003? What does Exchange 2003 use .ifs files for? I have notice that one particualar .ifs file has not been removed for over a day. Thanks... Regan IFS - Installab...

Linking CRM Contacts and Exchange Contacts
I've been looking for a few hours, and I can't find anything about linking CRM and Exchange Contacts. I want to update Exchange contacts when they are updated in CRM, and vice versa. Can anyone point me in the right direction? A book/online tutorial would be very helpful. This is only done through Sales For Outlook client See "Sales For Outlook Explained", from www.c360.com <joshm@susqtech.com> wrote in message news:1120569198.641354.108830@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > I've been looking for a few hours, and I can't find anything about > linking C...

Excel need help

Faxing Within Outlook 2003 on WIndows XP
I've always enjoyed the simplicity (and non-bloatness) of the simple Windows fax system that started back in Win95 and Windows Messaging days (or was it even earlier than that?). Nothing realy fancy, but easy to teach anyone to fax who knew how to e-mail. And the added benefit of storing all faxes within an Outlook folder. But no more. It's gone with Outlook 2003 and Windows XP. No more fax sharing using a folder for the share either. No more fax/mail within Outlook. Or is it gone? Does anyone know a simple way to fax within Outlook 2003 and Windows XP? Appreciated. Fax sharing we...

Need Help Linking Sheets

Address Rewrite Tool on Exchange 2003
Hi all, quick question for you, I have emails coming in from legacy email system to Exchange via SMTP. The To: recipient addresses have a subdomain in. e.g. instead of nick@company.com they are being sent as nick@dept.company.com. The side effect of this is if an email is sent From: bob@company.com To:nick@dept.company.com CC:john@hotmail.com John@hotmail.com will receive the email and cannot reply to nick because the email is set to nick@dept.company.com. If I turn on Address Rewrite, will it rewrite the TO: field of the email with nick@company.com - his primary SMTP address in AD. ...

Macro help needed........

Floating Window
I've got a spreadsheet that comprises about ten worksheets. The spreadsheet allows for about five different scenarios to be reviewed. At the moment to change scenarios, I have to change a cell in a particular worksheet. But what I want to be able to do is have a small window (that always stays on top of the open worksheet) where I can switch scenarios by changing the number in that window. That way I can see the data in the worksheet change. Can SKS help - or suggest an alternative approach. Tx Rob Should have added - it's excel 2007 "RobFJ" <del**eteto**rfj10...

Palm Treo 600 and Exchange 2003?
We have an entire new Exchange 2003 and Treo devices... I am currently trying to get the two to work together - Exchange 2003 and NEW Palm Treo 600. The Active sync for the Treo required a desktop sync software installation that read the Exchange 2003 server for mail - the PROBLEM is that I do not get mail when the computer that I installed the software is turned off. (1) How do I ensure that normal email still arrives to my Palm Treo device? (2) Do I need to enable POP or IMAP to get this to work? (3) How do I enable the IMAP or POP - when I go to Protocols and select ENABLE, it ...

My Outlook 2003 follow up flags don't pop up as reminders?
I have used ollow up flags extensively before on previous laptops and previous server systems, but for some reason when I set a reminder on an outgoing email on my current system it doesn't pop up at the set time and go into the reminders task schedule - any ideas? For Outlook 2003 and previous, flags only work for items in the Inbox. Outlook 2007 fires reminders for flagged items in any folders. You can make it work for previous versions of Outlook by using this add-in; http://addins.howto-outlook.com/slovaktech_extendedreminders -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coautho...

Need to test a mobo

CFileDialog causes application to Hang on Windows 2000
I have developed an application using VC 7.1. In this application a call to CFileDialog::DoModal() causes the application to hang and never return. It happens on random machines. I have tested it on different machines and it doesn't hang on some of the machines but it hangs on others. After debugging I've found that the application hangs on a call to GetSaveFileName() function within the DoModal function. What is the reason for it and whats the work around? Thanks, Faisal You may need to provide more info, context of how the code is called, what parameters you pass in, where the...

Get complete email message source from Outlook 2003???
Hello! I need to be able to simply copy/paste the COMPLETE source data from an email message recieved in Outlook 2003. I know I can get headers by using Options, but I need the complete message. In Outlook Express this is very easy. Select the message, view Properties, Details, Message Source button... Voila! I don't see how Microsoft could omit this in Outlook 2003! http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/view_source.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www...

Excel 2003 prompts to save or overwrite
I have a few excel 2003 users that have xls files on a server, but they are the only ones using. Often, when they save, it tells them someone else may have changed the file, rename or overwrite. They are a bit concerned, It appears to be a mac services thing, I found the following MS article in support. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324491 But it doesnt mention a patch for excel 2003. Should the users just get used to hiting overwrite? Regrads -- Carl For Excel 2003 no patch has been issued AFAIK Follow the instructions for editing the Registry or continue hitting overwrite. ...

Cannot shut down Windows 7
I upgraded my HP laptop from Vista to W7. Now Outlook 2007 keeps freezing and has to be killed off using Task Manager. In addition I cannot close down Windows if I am connected to the network. I can restart in safe mode, or if I unplug the network cable but if I am plugged in, it gets to shutting down and hangs. Have left it for an hour or so but nothing seems to help. <http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/group/WindowsAnswers> -=- "NevilleT" wrote: > I upgraded my HP laptop from Vista to W7. Now Outlook 2007 keeps freezing > and has...

Help needed

Great Plains Companies should allow window color settings
It would be helpful if Great Plains would allow different window color schemes for each Company. This would be especially beneficial to identify when you are in a Test company. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions...

Need help on this....thanks

I need Help

need help badly

Excel 2003 coding issue
I have a button, when pressed it will ask the user to select the email address from sheet 2, the problem i'm having is if I hide columns A, B and C it comes up with a debug error but if the columns stay visable it works? VB highlights the following: Set EmailAddr = Application.InputBox("Select Email Addresses, Click on the Email Worksheet" & vbCrLf & _ "Hold down Contrl Key to select multiple addresses", Type:=8) Please help. ...

office pacakge in windows 2000 NT
I have an windows 2000 server and i want to use microsoft office applications in it. what are the requirements for it? please mail me at jojodas50@hotmail.com Thanks & Regards, Jo ...