DL Restriction

I've Exchnage 2003 as my Mail Server and we have created DL's for executives
and managers.Now wht is happening is any one can send mail on any DL although
we have restricted to receive mails from INDIA Team which has alla the
Dl's.Can we restrict executives DL not able to send mails to all the DL's....
0
Rajnish1 (23)

Removing a mailbox from a DL
In Exchange 5.5 SP4, I removed a mailbox from several DL's about ten days ago and mail to the DL's is still going to the mailbox. The mailbox does not show up in the DL's members box. Anyone have any ideas why? BTW, My Exchage server gets re-booted everynight so I don't believe it's a DL cache problem. Thanks! Mike ...

Restricted Stock Units #2
I recently received RSUs from my employer, and was wondering how to add them into Money 2006. I found a suggestion by Cal Learner to enter them as $0 Employee Stock Options. That mostly works. However, the issue is that once they vest, I will have to pay tax on them, and then will be entitled to dividends. There seems to be no easy way to keep track of all that. (If someone has any ideas, please post!) So now that a lot of employers (including Microsoft) are making the switch to RSUs, can Cal Learner, or some other MVP push the Money folks to add this feature into Money 2007? :-) Th...

DL
It's not a QBDL. A user is the Manager of this DL and when she add/removes/modify using her Outlook she gets this message ...The option is selected where it says Manager can update membership list. CHANGES TO THE DL MEMBERSHIPO COULD NOT BE SAVED. YOU DO NOT HAVE SUFFICENT PERMMISION TO PERFORM THIS OPERATION ON THIS OBJECT. Assist plz. Thanks. Do you have more than one domain in your environment? If so this is a known issue that may be helped with the installation of SP2. Provide some more details on your AD configuration, particularly GC placement. Nue "WILDPACKET"...

Minolta-QMS 2300 DL; Print Smearing
Can someone help me with a print problem? I have a Minolta-QMS 2300 DL color printer networked in a home network with an ethernet connection. It works great from every program attempted, except Excel. When printing from Winows XP and Excel 2002 with color, the spreadsheet prints correctly, but there is a smearing of the color on the lower half of the page overlaying the printout. This occurs 100% of the time. When printing Excel 2000 documents form Windows 2000 to this printer in black and white with multiple copies selected, most of the copies are fine, but every once in a while...

Security in Forms
I have a database into which several people will be able to enter data through a form. What I wish to do is block database members from seeing entries by other database members. Database members do have an id and password to enter the database, but how do I limit their ability to their own entries? I only wish to use the one form - one of the controls does identify the member. Does anyone have some ideas? -- DAM Add to the where clause WHERE ... AND MyCreatedByField=CurrentUser() hth Pieter "Dennis _M" <Dennis_M@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9072...

Scripting DL Question
Hi i am am trying to manage DL with vbscript. Set objGroup = GetObject(objdlllists.adspath) objgroup.GetInfo arrMemberOf = objgroup.GetEx("member") Fo next strmember arrmemberof Next I need to match user.cn to strmember for some reason i can see that they are identical but they do not match. What other attributes does strmember have? IE strmember.cn or strmember.adspath... Thanks - Dave distinguishedName -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "Houghts" <Houghts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D1473C3A-62ED-426C-8A44-58...

Restricting the input to certain values in an input box
Dear Experts: below macro - which is running just fine - performs the following tasks: 1. Ask the user to input a row number 2. The entered row number and all subsequent row numbers till the last one will acquire a user defined paragraph style. Now here comes my additional requirement to be incorporated into the code: The input is to be restricted to .... 1) only numeric values 2) should range only between 1 and the total number of rows of the currently selected table 3) figures entered that are not within that range should throw an error message (Input not within the rang...

Export from DL and importing to DL
Exchange 2000 with SP3 What I want to do is... Export all users from DL-#1 to a file, delete DL-#1, create DL-#2, and import the users from the file to DL-#2. I know I can rename DL-#1 to DL-#2 but I'm just curious if it's possible to do the above? And with what utility do I need? ...

Restricting cashiers from changing sales reps on layaways
Is there a way to restric people from changing the sales reps when closing a layaway? RMS 1.3 ...

SMTP Connector Delivery Restrictions
Hello I am having trouble getting Exchange 2003 SMTP Connector Delivery Restrictions to work. I have edited the proper registry entries and restarted the requisite services. I even tried a reboot. I am trying to restrict certain users from using an SMTP Connector. I am unable to add Security Groups as an object into ESM, but can add individual Users and Universal Distribution Lists. These are the edited registry entries in HKLM/System/CurrentControlSet/Services/RESvc/Parameters: Added: CheckConnectorRestrictions REG_DWORD = 1 (hex) Added: IgnoreRestrictionforNullDSN REG_DWORD = 1 ...

Restricted Email
I have a couple of user where I want to enable them to use internal remail via routing groups, but I do not want them to send or recieve external email?? How can I do this? What version of Exchange? -- Mark Fugatt "Steve WIlliams" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6e7301c483bd$6c726370$a501280a@phx.gbl... >I have a couple of user where I want to enable them to > use internal remail via routing groups, but I do not want > them to send or recieve external email?? How can I do > this? ...

DL
I have a list of contacts in Outlook 2k that I want to import to my Global Address List (GAL)in Exchange 5.5. I have exported my internal GAL to a .csv to get the right columns needed to do import to my GAL. I have also created a container and a new DL. ( I'm trying to create a distribution list that everyone in the company can use and update without my intervention.)In addition, I have exported all the contacts in my Outlook 2k to a .csv, then copied and pasted the columns needed to in-order to import them into GAL on the Exchange server without getting any errors. However, when...

SBS 2003 and Exchange restrictions.
Hi list, Is it possible with the SBS included version of Exchange to add a 2nd server with full product Exchange into the same organization / administrative group etc? Cheers Wayne. http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Migrating-Small-Business-Server-2003-Exchange-Standard-Part1.html Oliver Hiya Oliver, Thanks for the prompt response! Looks like its possible then by adding a 2nd server as long as its licensed out with its own software. My only other question following on from that article (and not strictly exchange) is that it states that the SBS server can be left in place as ...

Opportunity Topic Restrictions?
We were having trouble synching a CRM Outlook client this morning . . . it kept bringing up an error having to do with opportunities. We looked at the opportunities and found 2 with the same topic (e.g. Product A, Product A) . .. . I changed the topic of one of the opportunities and then the synch worked. Is this a restriction in CRM (no 2 opportunities with the same topic) or was it just coincidence? -- Brandon Smith IT Director Presentations Direct - Specialized Office Equipment & Supplies http://www.presentationsdirect.com this should not have happened as crm does not care a...

Restricted distribution groups
Hello all, I want to create a distribution list that is only available to certain users. Is there any way i can apply security to a distribution list? I would prefer the distribution list being maintained at Exchange rather than Outlook. Thanks in advance Regards Ishan Distribution lists are secure unless you specifically grant rights to them. By default, however, anyone can send to them, but you can control that through the list's properties pages Exchange General > Message Restrictiosn settings. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick ba...

DL
Hi, I have this QBDL which collects all the users whose e-mail address end with @abc.def.com. This works just fine. Now the boss wants his name in this DL and his e-mail address is this @def.com. I tried to add his user with the exact e-mail address but the query does not work at all. Is there a way I can add his user in the DL? Thanks in adv. Manually add an address boss@abc.def.com. It shouldn't make any difference to him and he will be part of the QBDL. Nue "WILDPACKET" <WILDPACKET@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27EF9F71-EB01-4B4A-A08C-5AE73...

Restricted Stock
I would like to enter restricted stock i received from my company. The stock vests over 4 years and are immediately available to sell. These are not stock options. I do not have to buy them when they vest, they are mine to keep or sell. I have not found a way to record this in Money. All I find is regular stock entries or stock options. Is there a way to recorded restricted stock? In microsoft.public.money, Least wrote: >I would like to enter restricted stock i received from my >company. The stock vests over 4 years and are immediately >available to sell. These are n...

Hiding DL Members
Does anyone know how to hide distribution list members from each other when sending to external addresses? /�A The only thing you can do is put the personal distribution list in the BCC field. "�yvind" <oyvind.antila@[spamremove]objectware.no> wrote in message news:uJ2xctgoEHA.2588@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how to hide distribution list members from each other > when sending to external addresses? > > /�A > ...

restrict dragging a window by mouse
Hi All, How can I restrict the user from dragging window using mouse ? Thanks, Ajay The easy way is to remove the move menu from the system menu of the window. RemoveMenu(GetSystemMenu(FALSE)->m_hMenu,SC_MOVE,MF_BYCOMMAND); AliR. "Roland" <ajay.sonawane@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1175783569.577533.317910@l77g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... > Hi All, > How can I restrict the user from dragging window using mouse ? > > Thanks, > Ajay > Roland wrote: > Hi All, > How can I restrict the user from dragging window using mouse ? Roland: Take a...

Mail Sending Restriction
Hi, I want that user on my exchange server can not send mails outside the domain. but only few users can send mail outside the domain . How can i do that. Regards, Abhishek. What version of Exchange? -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "abhishek pandey" <pandeyabhishek2000@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:d55f3cc9.0404211936.4c0cb3ed@posting.google.com... > Hi, > I want that user on my exchange server can not send mails outside the > domain. but only few users can send mail outside the domain . > How can i do tha...

convert Query based DL to Normal DL
Hi MVP guys, I need help from you in following issue. I have few query based distribution groups, that I want to convert to normal distribution group. Member of these query based DL is more than 8000 now. I want it to split it into less than 5000 users. I need to apply group nesting for those groups. Win 2003 R2, SP2, Pre win 2000. Thanks in advance -- Jaywant Kamble. "Jaywant" <Jaywant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AE9F23C2-2106-4AAE-BA81-D64F7C93264E@microsoft.com... > Hi MVP guys, > > I need help fr...

Restrict who can email to a DL
I found where I can do this but I can't seem to add a group to that "Allow only from" section. According to the KB Article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;827616 you should be able to add users or groups. Anyone have any ideas why? Thanks This is just from some quick testing I did, but it looks like the group must have an exchange alias in order to be added to the "only from" list. In my testing I created a security group with an email address, a distribution group (has an email address) and a security group with no email address. All of...

DL [WILDPACKET]
I created a test Distrbution List called TEST and added some mail contacts to it and enabled the NDR on this DL to "SEND DELIVERY REPORTS TO MESSAGE ORIGINATOR", with this configuration mail works fine and they receive. If I configure the DL to "DO NOT SEND DELIVERY REPORTS" then the mail does not reach the receipients and does not even leave our mail server. I want this to work with the second NDR option enabled. What is going on , never saw this? Please advise. Thank you it mail works fine and when I disable NDR mail does not go through. Please advise....

Why DL doesn't appear on Outlook2003 ?
I've created a DL on Exch2000. DL is visualized OK from Outl2002 . However the new DL is not viasualized from Out2003 client. What am I missing ? If you're using cached mode in OL2003, it can take 24 hours for the offline address book changes to be reflected. If you disable & then re-enable cached mode they should show up.... Also see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;841273&Product=out2003 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823580&Product=out2003 http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HP010000671033&CT...

Import / DL problems
When I download my bank transactions, Money doesn't seem to grab it anymore. I used to see the pop up box that tells me I've received a file, and prompts me to place it in a certain acct. but now it just downloads it, and it doesn't import the transactions.(to any of my accounts). And it's not saving it anywhere on disk either, I did a search for any ofx file and returned nothing. What might it be? By the way, I've recently archived and removed all transactions from 2002 and 2003 from my working money file. Might this have caused some minor setting changes? Plz help?...