Distribution list without e-mail address

I run an Exchange 2003 Enterprise server for a family owned corporation.

Most of the executives are family members.

We have maintained a distribution list in the GAL with the e-mail addresses
of all family members, both in-house and external.
The main purpose of the list is for ease of sending out important family
news to the entire family in one fell-swoop.

The problem with this, is that because this is a family owned business, many
things go one that would not be tolerated in a public corporation.  One of
the main problems I have is that I am not allowed to police what users do
with the e-mail system.  Thus, the users use the corporate e-mail system for
their fun and games and to sign up for all sorts of stuff.  I am supposed to
keep it clean, but can not tell them not to do the things that cause the
problem.  Largely, the family member execs are the largest abusers of the
system.

Anyway, family members were using this list to send all types of crap to the
family at large.  Of course, then the members were forwarding these to their
friends, etc and the address had gotten into spam lists.  I had begun to
notice that we were beginning to get spam into the system through the family
distribution list.  It started getting worse.  Then we started getting
complaints from large mail systems like AOL that we were a spam source.
To protect our mail servers from being blacklisted, I have had to remove
that family distribution list.

I put out the word that I can't maintain this list any longer and each
individual (internal and external) would have to maintain their own lists.
Everyone sends us their changes and we send these out to the whole family.

It is becoming a real pain in the posterior to keep the distribution lists
in each internal users' contacts up-to-date.

What I need to figure out, is there a way to create a distribution list
accessible to the internal Exchange users, but without an externally usable
e-mail address.
From my testing, a distribution list that does not have an e-mail address,
is not useable even by internal users.

Is there a way that I can create a list the company officers can use, but
without an e-mail address that can be used externally?

Thanks

Bob

0
name6034 (26)

On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 13:55:21 -0600, "Bob Schmidt" <name@domain.com>
wrote:

>I run an Exchange 2003 Enterprise server for a family owned corporation.
>
>Most of the executives are family members.
>
>We have maintained a distribution list in the GAL with the e-mail addresses
>of all family members, both in-house and external.
>The main purpose of the list is for ease of sending out important family
>news to the entire family in one fell-swoop.
>
>The problem with this, is that because this is a family owned business, many
>things go one that would not be tolerated in a public corporation.  One of
>the main problems I have is that I am not allowed to police what users do
>with the e-mail system.  Thus, the users use the corporate e-mail system for
>their fun and games and to sign up for all sorts of stuff.  I am supposed to
>keep it clean, but can not tell them not to do the things that cause the
>problem.  Largely, the family member execs are the largest abusers of the
>system.
>
>Anyway, family members were using this list to send all types of crap to the
>family at large.  Of course, then the members were forwarding these to their
>friends, etc and the address had gotten into spam lists.  I had begun to
>notice that we were beginning to get spam into the system through the family
>distribution list.  It started getting worse.  Then we started getting
>complaints from large mail systems like AOL that we were a spam source.
>To protect our mail servers from being blacklisted, I have had to remove
>that family distribution list.
>
>I put out the word that I can't maintain this list any longer and each
>individual (internal and external) would have to maintain their own lists.
>Everyone sends us their changes and we send these out to the whole family.
>
>It is becoming a real pain in the posterior to keep the distribution lists
>in each internal users' contacts up-to-date.
>
>What I need to figure out, is there a way to create a distribution list
>accessible to the internal Exchange users, but without an externally usable
>e-mail address.
>From my testing, a distribution list that does not have an e-mail address,
>is not useable even by internal users.
>
>Is there a way that I can create a list the company officers can use, but
>without an e-mail address that can be used externally?

You need a SMTP address for a mail-enabled list, but under the
Exchange General tab, message restrictions, check the box that allows
only authenticated users to send to that list. That will prevent
unauthenticated senders from outside the Exch org sending to it.

>Thanks
>
>Bob

0
adavid (8731)
2/14/2007 8:10:02 PM
Thanks for verifying that.  I saw that setting, but wasn't sure that meant
what I needed.  Appreciate it.

Bob

"Andy David {MVP}" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 13:55:21 -0600, "Bob Schmidt" <name@domain.com>
> wrote:
>
>>I run an Exchange 2003 Enterprise server for a family owned corporation.
>>
>>Most of the executives are family members.
>>
>>We have maintained a distribution list in the GAL with the e-mail
>>addresses
>>of all family members, both in-house and external.
>>The main purpose of the list is for ease of sending out important family
>>news to the entire family in one fell-swoop.
>>
>>The problem with this, is that because this is a family owned business,
>>many
>>things go one that would not be tolerated in a public corporation.  One of
>>the main problems I have is that I am not allowed to police what users do
>>with the e-mail system.  Thus, the users use the corporate e-mail system
>>for
>>their fun and games and to sign up for all sorts of stuff.  I am supposed
>>keep it clean, but can not tell them not to do the things that cause the
>>problem.  Largely, the family member execs are the largest abusers of the
>>system.
>>
>>Anyway, family members were using this list to send all types of crap to
>>the
>>family at large.  Of course, then the members were forwarding these to
>>their
>>friends, etc and the address had gotten into spam lists.  I had begun to
>>notice that we were beginning to get spam into the system through the
>>family
>>distribution list.  It started getting worse.  Then we started getting
>>complaints from large mail systems like AOL that we were a spam source.
>>To protect our mail servers from being blacklisted, I have had to remove
>>that family distribution list.
>>
>>I put out the word that I can't maintain this list any longer and each
>>individual (internal and external) would have to maintain their own lists.
>>Everyone sends us their changes and we send these out to the whole family.
>>
>>It is becoming a real pain in the posterior to keep the distribution lists
>>in each internal users' contacts up-to-date.
>>
>>What I need to figure out, is there a way to create a distribution list
>>accessible to the internal Exchange users, but without an externally
>>usable
>>e-mail address.
>>From my testing, a distribution list that does not have an e-mail address,
>>is not useable even by internal users.
>>
>>Is there a way that I can create a list the company officers can use, but
>>without an e-mail address that can be used externally?
>
> You need a SMTP address for a mail-enabled list, but under the
> Exchange General tab, message restrictions, check the box that allows
> only authenticated users to send to that list. That will prevent
> unauthenticated senders from outside the Exch org sending to it.
>

>>Thanks
>>
>>Bob

0
name6034 (26)
2/14/2007 8:32:42 PM
Open you DL and go to the Exchange General tab.  Set "Message restrictions"
to your liking.

--

TIA,

Clayton

P.S.:  I wrote an iTunes podcast tutorial and just want to publicize it.
You can find it at:  http://www.nikoli.net/itunepod

*******************

"Bob Schmidt" <name@domain.com> wrote in message
>I run an Exchange 2003 Enterprise server for a family owned corporation.
>
> Most of the executives are family members.
>
> We have maintained a distribution list in the GAL with the e-mail
> addresses of all family members, both in-house and external.
> The main purpose of the list is for ease of sending out important family
> news to the entire family in one fell-swoop.
>
> The problem with this, is that because this is a family owned business,
> many things go one that would not be tolerated in a public corporation.
> One of the main problems I have is that I am not allowed to police what
> users do with the e-mail system.  Thus, the users use the corporate e-mail
> system for their fun and games and to sign up for all sorts of stuff.  I
> am supposed to keep it clean, but can not tell them not to do the things
> that cause the problem.  Largely, the family member execs are the largest
> abusers of the system.
>
> Anyway, family members were using this list to send all types of crap to
> the family at large.  Of course, then the members were forwarding these to
> their friends, etc and the address had gotten into spam lists.  I had
> begun to notice that we were beginning to get spam into the system through
> the family distribution list.  It started getting worse.  Then we started
> getting complaints from large mail systems like AOL that we were a spam
> source.
> To protect our mail servers from being blacklisted, I have had to remove
> that family distribution list.
>
> I put out the word that I can't maintain this list any longer and each
> individual (internal and external) would have to maintain their own lists.
> Everyone sends us their changes and we send these out to the whole family.
>
> It is becoming a real pain in the posterior to keep the distribution lists
> in each internal users' contacts up-to-date.
>
> What I need to figure out, is there a way to create a distribution list
> accessible to the internal Exchange users, but without an externally
> usable e-mail address.
> From my testing, a distribution list that does not have an e-mail address,
> is not useable even by internal users.
>
> Is there a way that I can create a list the company officers can use, but
> without an e-mail address that can be used externally?
>
> Thanks
>
> Bob

0
none89 (807)
2/14/2007 8:38:55 PM
Thanks, I had seen that but wasn't sure that would do that.  (I hate these
things that say "Everyone"  :-)

Bob

"Clayton Sutton" <none@none.com> wrote in message
> Open you DL and go to the Exchange General tab.  Set "Message
> restrictions" to your liking.
>
> --
>
> TIA,
>

> Clayton
>

> P.S.:  I wrote an iTunes podcast tutorial and just want to publicize it.
> You can find it at:  http://www.nikoli.net/itunepod
>
> *******************
>

> "Bob Schmidt" <name@domain.com> wrote in message
>>I run an Exchange 2003 Enterprise server for a family owned corporation.
>>
>> Most of the executives are family members.
>>
>> We have maintained a distribution list in the GAL with the e-mail
>> addresses of all family members, both in-house and external.
>> The main purpose of the list is for ease of sending out important family
>> news to the entire family in one fell-swoop.
>>
>> The problem with this, is that because this is a family owned business,
>> many things go one that would not be tolerated in a public corporation.
>> One of the main problems I have is that I am not allowed to police what
>> users do with the e-mail system.  Thus, the users use the corporate
>> e-mail system for their fun and games and to sign up for all sorts of
>> stuff.  I am supposed to keep it clean, but can not tell them not to do
>> the things that cause the problem.  Largely, the family member execs are
>> the largest abusers of the system.
>>
>> Anyway, family members were using this list to send all types of crap to
>> the family at large.  Of course, then the members were forwarding these
>> to their friends, etc and the address had gotten into spam lists.  I had
>> begun to notice that we were beginning to get spam into the system
>> through the family distribution list.  It started getting worse.  Then we
>> started getting complaints from large mail systems like AOL that we were
>> a spam source.
>> To protect our mail servers from being blacklisted, I have had to remove
>> that family distribution list.
>>
>> I put out the word that I can't maintain this list any longer and each
>> individual (internal and external) would have to maintain their own
>> lists. Everyone sends us their changes and we send these out to the whole
>> family.
>>
>> It is becoming a real pain in the posterior to keep the distribution
>> lists in each internal users' contacts up-to-date.
>>
>> What I need to figure out, is there a way to create a distribution list
>> accessible to the internal Exchange users, but without an externally
>> usable e-mail address.
>> From my testing, a distribution list that does not have an e-mail
>> address, is not useable even by internal users.
>>
>> Is there a way that I can create a list the company officers can use, but
>> without an e-mail address that can be used externally?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Bob

0
name6034 (26)
2/14/2007 9:08:49 PM
Cool - "You do not have permission to send to this recipient."  That's what
I wanted.

Thanks both of you.

Bob

"Bob Schmidt" <name@domain.com> wrote in message
>I run an Exchange 2003 Enterprise server for a family owned corporation.
>
> Most of the executives are family members.
>
> We have maintained a distribution list in the GAL with the e-mail
> addresses of all family members, both in-house and external.
> The main purpose of the list is for ease of sending out important family
> news to the entire family in one fell-swoop.
>
> The problem with this, is that because this is a family owned business,
> many things go one that would not be tolerated in a public corporation.
> One of the main problems I have is that I am not allowed to police what
> users do with the e-mail system.  Thus, the users use the corporate e-mail
> system for their fun and games and to sign up for all sorts of stuff.  I
> am supposed to keep it clean, but can not tell them not to do the things
> that cause the problem.  Largely, the family member execs are the largest
> abusers of the system.
>
> Anyway, family members were using this list to send all types of crap to
> the family at large.  Of course, then the members were forwarding these to
> their friends, etc and the address had gotten into spam lists.  I had
> begun to notice that we were beginning to get spam into the system through
> the family distribution list.  It started getting worse.  Then we started
> getting complaints from large mail systems like AOL that we were a spam
> source.
> To protect our mail servers from being blacklisted, I have had to remove
> that family distribution list.
>
> I put out the word that I can't maintain this list any longer and each
> individual (internal and external) would have to maintain their own lists.
> Everyone sends us their changes and we send these out to the whole family.
>
> It is becoming a real pain in the posterior to keep the distribution lists
> in each internal users' contacts up-to-date.
>
> What I need to figure out, is there a way to create a distribution list
> accessible to the internal Exchange users, but without an externally
> usable e-mail address.
> From my testing, a distribution list that does not have an e-mail address,
> is not useable even by internal users.
>
> Is there a way that I can create a list the company officers can use, but
> without an e-mail address that can be used externally?
>
> Thanks
>
> Bob

0
name6034 (26)

List to card
Hi, I have a list vith names and now I�d like to get the names in a form, a time sheet, for every name in the list. Is there a simple way to do this? Thanks in advance. Hi, You mean you want to create a sheet for every name in a list? then you need a little macro like the one below. Lets say the the list is in Sheet1! A1 to a20 Sub createsheetfromlist() Dim cell As Range For Each cell In Sheets(1).Range("a1:a20") Sheets.Add after:=Sheets(1) Sheets(2).Name = cell.Value Next cell End Sub make sure names are not duplicating Prixton wrote: > Hi, > I have a list vit...

Smart List Report for Inventory
Does anyone know if there is a smart list or any other report that can be exported into excel to run an inventory report that pulls a list with the list price and the current cost price? We have tried and had no success. There is not an option for this in the smart list function. If you cannot create this, you may want to look at the anyview creator software from Accountable software. Anyview allows you to create custom smartlist objects. Brian Begley Business Microvar, Inc. "Karen Kelly" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:211c901c45a15$4e2c5dc0...

Distribution lists
I tried and the recipient opened it and did a save and close, but it does not appear in her contacts. Any suggestions for sending a distribution list to someone? Hi wrong newsgroup? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Circe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1444d01c444c5$2e8b1750$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I tried and the recipient opened it and did a save and > close, but it does not appear in her contacts. > > Any suggestions for sending a distribution list to someone? > Outlook? Just drag it into your message (so it&...

Unable to send email to a certain address
I can recieve email froma certain address but can't send email to it or reply. I get the following error message: The original message was received at Tue, 18 Nov 2003 14:35:25 -0500 from ool-43507010.dyn.optonline.net [67.80.112.16] ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors ----- <rbayersdorfer@franklinlakes.k12.nj.us> (reason: 550 Can't verify your host name) ----- Transcript of session follows ----- .... while talking to mail.franklinlakes.k12.nj.us.: >>> MAIL From:<rjaekel@dicararubinoarchitects.com> <<< 550 Can't ver...

Distribution Lists #7
Is it possible to have distribution lists in Outlook 2000 sorted by last name? Can't seem to get there. ...

Mail relay #4
Our server was being used as an open relay which has now been fixed. The problem we have now is that every message sent to a hotmail account is sent to the hotmail accounts junk mail folder. How can I remove our domain/server off the hotmail spam list wayne If they have listed you, you will need to contact them directly. On Fri, 8 Apr 2005 16:13:22 +0100, "WB" <wmb2003@zoom.co.uk> wrote: >Our server was being used as an open relay which has now been fixed. The >problem we have now is that every message sent to a hotmail account is sent >to the hotmail ...

Computer Checks Edit List Credit Memo
When printing out the Computer Checks Edit List it is printing a Credit Memo as well in the remittance section. Does anybody have a way of not having the Credit Memo print out on the Edit List? Thanks Kevin Kevin, To exclude credit memos from your check run, you will need to uncheck Credit Memos from the Automatically Apply Existing Unapplied section of the window before building your batch. Now, the question to you is, do you want credit memos not to show up on the edit list but still be considered for application? If so, then you will need to exclude using Report Writer by creatin...

Public folder e-mail problem
I'm running Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2000 server and periodically sees problem with e-mail enabled public folder. If an e-mail arrives for this public folder and for another mailbox user (2 recipients), the e-mail to public folder records event 1030 in the message tracking file. E-mail to the mailbox user goes through fine with event 1028. I'm seeing this behavior once or twice in a week. Event Trace: 1019, 1025, 1024, 1033, 1036, 1023, 1030(PF)/1028(normal user) Can any one tell me the cause behind this and how to resolve it? Any way to debug the problem. On Fri, 29 Jul ...

How to Restrict Outlook to send mail only within my company domain
Is there a feature, rule, tool, add-in, or macro that will ask me to confirm before I send email outside my comany? On more than one occassion, I meant to send private messages to person@mycompany.com and outlook autocomplete sent it to person@anothercompany.com instead. So is there a way to prescan outgoing messages and pop up an 'are you sure' message box if there is any addressee not in the mycompany.com domain? Thanks in advance for any hints. ...

Distribution list inconsistant
Hi, There is inconsistent to send out a email to distribution list. For an example, a user tried to send out DL-Staff then all staffs receive it and after 5 minutes, she sent out another email to same DL and no one receive it. Tested samller on distribution such as departmental and everything is OK and stable. I took a look on the server and CPU, disk i/o are very relaxed. I will be appreciated any information how approach should I trouble shoot this type of problem. Could it be memory leak? This is wild guess. Thank you in advance, Johnny Chow and, is it a universal DG o...

outgoing e-mail confirmation pop-up box
I need to learn how to turn on the pop-up box that shows the # of e-mails being send (and then the number being received), the server(s) being used, etc. when you push the send/receive button on Outlook's e-mail screen. Somebody checked the "hide" box on that pop-up, and now there is just a note that pops up in the lower right corner of my Outlook screen that says "Mail delivery complete" and two rotating envelopes to indicate that mail is being sent. I need the additional data provided by the pop-up box. I have tried clicking on the down arrow next to the no...

Drag Drop on a list View
Hi, In My application, I am trying to implement Drag and Drop features. I have a list view which will display several files and folders. Now my problem is when ever I drag any file from Windows Explorer and drop over any of the folders in my list control, How will i find the list control item to which the file is dropped. Has Any body implemented file/folder drag and drop in MFC . Any suggetions/Source code/ links are appreciated Ganesh ...

How to print a list of documents in folder
I AM USING EXCEL TO MAINTAIN A PERMANENT LIST OF WORK ORDER DOCUMENTS. I WANT TO TAKE MY NUMERICAL LIST OF DOCUMENTS AS THEY APPEAR WHEN I OPEN THE FOLDER AND PRINT THEM TO USE AS AN INDEX. CAN ANYONE GIVE ME DIRECTION ON HOW TO ACCOMPLISH THIS TASK? Ernie, Try this which lists the files, and create and modify dates Sub SubGetMyData() Dim objFSO As Object Dim objFolder As Object Dim objFile As Object Dim iRow As Long iRow = 1 Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") Set objFolder = objFSO.GetFolder("c:\MyTest\") For Each objFile In ...

Drop down lists #8
Just a quick question, I'm using M/S Exel 2003 and would like to know if it's possible to make a 3 column drop down list that depends on the list before, i.e Column A1 would be “Size” Just a normal list (covering A-Z) Column B1 would be “Width” Answer from another list but dependent on the fist lists chosen “Letter” Column C1 would be “Length” Answer from another list but dependent on the second lists chosen “Width” A1 B1 C1 A 10” 40” Or A1 B1 C1 C 20” 50” The Letter in column A1 wo...

Windows Mail
I can receive but not send. Each time I try to send it keeps trying to dial-up first. I do not have dial-up. "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5DBF5C80-0710-434A-A817-7CF3595402E0@microsoft.com... >I can receive but not send. Each time I try to send it keeps trying to > dial-up first. I do not have dial-up. Go to the Tools Menu>Accounts>select your account>Properties button>Connections tab, remove the check mark from "Always connect using", Apply>OK. WM will now use any available connection. -...

Print an email without the subject, to, etc at the top
I am using Outlook 2003 and need to print emails without the top block of data such as: From, Sent, To and Subject. I've looked over the help and don't see how to disable this. Anyone know if this is possible? Thanks, Steve sklett wrote: > I am using Outlook 2003 and need to print emails without the top block of > data such as: > From, Sent, To and Subject. I've looked over the help and don't see how to > disable this. > > Anyone know if this is possible? > I don't think there's a direct way to do it within outlook (there may be a few wo...

Reference distribution for Transaction/General
I would like to see Great Plains offer more characters in the reference distribution when doing a JE. Or, to offer a reference distribution Line 2 as another option. My boss wants to see more information on the TB detail report, but we've used up the reference and the distribution reference for something else. If this is offered, I'd like to make sure that Integration Manager can support this. Thanks, -- V Who's Calling, Inc Financial Reporting Manager ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most vo...

in 10.6 SL, Word lists all fonts, even disabled fonts
Just preformed a clean install of 10.6 Snow Leopard, and now that I've installed office it takes forever to start. I suspect that this has something to do with my fonts, as though I've disabled nearly all of them in FontBook, Word insists on listing every single one. Why is Word ignoring my disabled fonts and how can I fix this? On 9/12/09 2:11 PM, in article 6FB1B852-BFC9-4602-AE16-92CBCFF7B109@microsoft.com, "Sam" <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Just preformed a clean install of 10.6 Snow Leopard, and now that I've > installed office it take...

LIST OF "WINDOWS 7" NEWSGROUPS (Windows7, Win7)
Where is 'Windows7" Nesgroup? This question is being asked here (on microsoft.public.windows.vista.general): methodically, weekly (if not more often), so it became a "sticky note" everyone is tired of answering. Some of us feel that the question is repeated by people too lazy to Google or learn for themselves. Let's answer this question once & for ALL, only problem I can't make this Article a "sticky note" also (unlike the question - ironically), let's hope these people can SEARCH & LOCATE my answer, here it goes: *********************...

e-mail addresses
I have several e-mail addresses. Quite a number of e-mails I receive show the same name in the "From" column as well as the "To" column. How can I determine to which of my addresses the mail was sent? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ What version of Outlook? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In new...

User not vissible in Global Address List.
Hi, We have a user that is not vissible in the Global Address List, but it is vissible in a Sub Address List. I checked the filter which is used for the global address list. When i test the filter i can find the user?? Can anybody help me find the problem. We use Exchane 2000 SP3, Win2K Server, Outlook 2000 Goldhorn ...

Make Exchagne 2000 reject invalid mail
How can I make Exchange 2000 work just like sendmail, where it rejects invalid recipients during the SMTP protocol? Event Sink? Any Ideas??? Rod lazyadmin wrote: > How can I make Exchange 2000 work just like sendmail, where it rejects > invalid recipients during the SMTP protocol? > > Event Sink? > > Any Ideas??? > > Rod You can do this in E2003, but see if ORF from www.vamsoft.com looks like it might fit your needs & your budget (it's inexpensive). You can't. There may be some 3rd party products that can integrate or query AD for the list of v...

How do I make mailing labels from Excel without using Word?
I am trying to make mailing labels from Excel. I can't carry the format from Excel to Word. Is there a way to carry the format to word or a way to make labels directly from Excel? Have you looked at the formatting options that are available with merge fields in Word? On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 19:05:16 -0700, Mountain man <Mountain man@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to make mailing labels from Excel. I can't carry the format from >Excel to Word. > >Is there a way to carry the format to word or a way to make labels directly >from Excel? In th...

LINQ
I have a problem I can't seem to solve. I need a list of vendors that a customer does NOT have in their list. using System.Linq; using System.Linq.Expressions; Example List Data to the classes below ------------ LIST Supplier Class 101 , SupplierName1 102 , SupplierName2 103 , SupplierName3 104 , SupplierName4 105 , SupplierName5 LIST Customer Class for CustomerId = 9999 9999 , CustomerName1 , supplierBase=(101 , SupplierName1) 9999 , CustomerName1 , supplierBase=(104 , SupplierName4) 9999 , CustomerName1 , supplierBase=(105 , Su...

Global contacts list.
Is there a way to create a global contact list and have it open by default when a user opens outlook. We have Exchange Server 2003 Thanks Eric You can add custom contacts to the global address list but that will not display as contacts in the Outlook Contact folder. Not sure exactly what you are looking for? -- Jared Gradle Exchange Support Professional ****** Disclaimer ****** This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Note: Please do NOT reply to this e-mail address. It is used for newsgroup purposes only. "Eric" <eric.spe...