Distribution List Question #2

We are looking at a way of auditing Personal Distribution lists stored within
users contacts folder on our exchange 5.5 server. Specifically we are
looking for users who have created DL that have large numbers of users in a
DL. Are there any programs that can sweep an entire Exchange server and dump
DLs stored within users contacts folders? I could write program to do this,
however I'm not looking to reinvent the wheel if someone has already done
this.

Thanks!
Chris

0
RacerX64 (1)

On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 17:19:19 -0700, "RacerX64"
<RacerX64@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>We are looking at a way of auditing Personal Distribution lists stored within
>users contacts folder on our exchange 5.5 server. Specifically we are
>looking for users who have created DL that have large numbers of users in a
>DL. Are there any programs that can sweep an entire Exchange server and dump
>DLs stored within users contacts folders? I could write program to do this,
>however I'm not looking to reinvent the wheel if someone has already done
>this.
>
>Thanks!
>Chris

Whats the goal?
Personal DLs max out at 129 entries or so anyway.

0
adavid (8731)

A newbie question : view,
Hi, I sure that you already answered to this question q long time ago, but i would like to understand how Visual C++.net works. When i create a single document Interface application (SDI), VC++.net creates automatically a Test.cpp, TestDoc.cpp, TestView.cpp, MainFrm.cpp, stdafx.cpp....and all relative *.h files. Could you explain me in details, what is the purpose of each *.cpp files ? Because reading books and documentations, nothing is clear for me... The only things that i understood are : - stdafx.cpp is in the project because TestView use MFC and stdafx make the link with MFC. -...

Smart List Report for Inventory
Does anyone know if there is a smart list or any other report that can be exported into excel to run an inventory report that pulls a list with the list price and the current cost price? We have tried and had no success. There is not an option for this in the smart list function. If you cannot create this, you may want to look at the anyview creator software from Accountable software. Anyview allows you to create custom smartlist objects. Brian Begley Business Microvar, Inc. "Karen Kelly" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:211c901c45a15$4e2c5dc0...

Outlook 2003 question #2
My inbox has columns for "To", "Subject", "Sent", "Size" and Flag Status. How can I add a "From" column? I see under Tools>arrange by there is a from option but I can't make a column with "From" information. Is this possible? TIA What view do you have set on your Inbox? The Messages view usually shows a From column rather than a To column. Check View | Arrange By | Current View and see what view you have set. If you like the view you're in and you still want to just add the From field to it, go to View | Arrange By |...

countif w/ 2 conditions
is it possible to use countif w/ 2 conditions? -- rp Not exactly, but you could use 2 of them, and add them together. =COUNTIF(A1:A100,"A")+COUNTIF(A1:A100,"B") -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "rp" <rufinojr54@hotpop.com> wrote in message news:ep45nBztEHA.2516@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > is it possible to use countif w/ 2 conditions? > > -- ...

List to card
Hi, I have a list vith names and now I�d like to get the names in a form, a time sheet, for every name in the list. Is there a simple way to do this? Thanks in advance. Hi, You mean you want to create a sheet for every name in a list? then you need a little macro like the one below. Lets say the the list is in Sheet1! A1 to a20 Sub createsheetfromlist() Dim cell As Range For Each cell In Sheets(1).Range("a1:a20") Sheets.Add after:=Sheets(1) Sheets(2).Name = cell.Value Next cell End Sub make sure names are not duplicating Prixton wrote: > Hi, > I have a list vit...

Distribution lists
I tried and the recipient opened it and did a save and close, but it does not appear in her contacts. Any suggestions for sending a distribution list to someone? Hi wrong newsgroup? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Circe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1444d01c444c5$2e8b1750$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I tried and the recipient opened it and did a save and > close, but it does not appear in her contacts. > > Any suggestions for sending a distribution list to someone? > Outlook? Just drag it into your message (so it&...

Computer Checks Edit List Credit Memo
When printing out the Computer Checks Edit List it is printing a Credit Memo as well in the remittance section. Does anybody have a way of not having the Credit Memo print out on the Edit List? Thanks Kevin Kevin, To exclude credit memos from your check run, you will need to uncheck Credit Memos from the Automatically Apply Existing Unapplied section of the window before building your batch. Now, the question to you is, do you want credit memos not to show up on the edit list but still be considered for application? If so, then you will need to exclude using Report Writer by creatin...

Vista #2
I just got a new laptop and it is running Vista Home Premium edition. I'm using Money 2003 on it and my desktop. Money runs very slowly on the laptop but is just fine on the desktop which uses XP Home. The laptop has more memory and faster CPU than the desktop. If I upgrade to the 2007 version will it run better? In microsoft.public.money, Korey wrote: >I just got a new laptop and it is running Vista Home Premium edition. I'm >using Money 2003 on it and my desktop. Money runs very slowly on the laptop >but is just fine on the desktop which uses XP Home. The lapto...

chart question #4
Can anyone please give me some guideline on how to draw a chart with y-axis is the count of the item in x-axis? I am using Excel 97. Thanks. I am not certain I fully understand your question, but I am going to give it a stab. Excel charts are very flexible, and I think you need to keep in mind that you need to have the right data in place to draw the chart. I.e. don't focus on the chart itself, focus on the data in the spreadsheet you are trying to chart, and once that is in place, your chart will look the way you want. -- ChrisJ Omaha "00KobeBrian" wrote: > Can...

Distribution Lists #7
Is it possible to have distribution lists in Outlook 2000 sorted by last name? Can't seem to get there. ...

quattro pro converter Excel 2003 #2
I've tried it. My excel 2003 will not read qpw files. I've tried to download the converter for excel 2000, but that will not load because I have excel 2003. I don't know why MS doesn't have a qpw converter that works with excel 2003. Niek Otten Wrote: > If it works for Excel 2000, it works for Excel 2003 too. > > > -- > > Kind Regards, > > Niek Otten > > Microsoft MVP - Excel > > "dr88363" dr88363.1l3etm@news.officefrustration.com wrote in message > news:dr88363.1l3etm@news.officefrustration.com...- > > Would s...

Distribution list inconsistant
Hi, There is inconsistent to send out a email to distribution list. For an example, a user tried to send out DL-Staff then all staffs receive it and after 5 minutes, she sent out another email to same DL and no one receive it. Tested samller on distribution such as departmental and everything is OK and stable. I took a look on the server and CPU, disk i/o are very relaxed. I will be appreciated any information how approach should I trouble shoot this type of problem. Could it be memory leak? This is wild guess. Thank you in advance, Johnny Chow and, is it a universal DG o...

ALT + Enter and Wrap Text #2
Thanks for the advice, even if it wasn't necessarily what I wanted t hear ;-) I can work around this limitation and still avoid the dreaded Merg Cells (always the optimist here...). Cheers -- Christophe ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Christopher's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1604 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27499 An ugly possibility--use a function: ="item 1" & char(10) & "item 2" & char(10) & "item 3" A not s...

Drag Drop on a list View
Hi, In My application, I am trying to implement Drag and Drop features. I have a list view which will display several files and folders. Now my problem is when ever I drag any file from Windows Explorer and drop over any of the folders in my list control, How will i find the list control item to which the file is dropped. Has Any body implemented file/folder drag and drop in MFC . Any suggetions/Source code/ links are appreciated Ganesh ...

How to print a list of documents in folder
I AM USING EXCEL TO MAINTAIN A PERMANENT LIST OF WORK ORDER DOCUMENTS. I WANT TO TAKE MY NUMERICAL LIST OF DOCUMENTS AS THEY APPEAR WHEN I OPEN THE FOLDER AND PRINT THEM TO USE AS AN INDEX. CAN ANYONE GIVE ME DIRECTION ON HOW TO ACCOMPLISH THIS TASK? Ernie, Try this which lists the files, and create and modify dates Sub SubGetMyData() Dim objFSO As Object Dim objFolder As Object Dim objFile As Object Dim iRow As Long iRow = 1 Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") Set objFolder = objFSO.GetFolder("c:\MyTest\") For Each objFile In ...

Drop down lists #8
Just a quick question, I'm using M/S Exel 2003 and would like to know if it's possible to make a 3 column drop down list that depends on the list before, i.e Column A1 would be “Size” Just a normal list (covering A-Z) Column B1 would be “Width” Answer from another list but dependent on the fist lists chosen “Letter” Column C1 would be “Length” Answer from another list but dependent on the second lists chosen “Width” A1 B1 C1 A 10” 40” Or A1 B1 C1 C 20” 50” The Letter in column A1 wo...

in 10.6 SL, Word lists all fonts, even disabled fonts
Just preformed a clean install of 10.6 Snow Leopard, and now that I've installed office it takes forever to start. I suspect that this has something to do with my fonts, as though I've disabled nearly all of them in FontBook, Word insists on listing every single one. Why is Word ignoring my disabled fonts and how can I fix this? On 9/12/09 2:11 PM, in article 6FB1B852-BFC9-4602-AE16-92CBCFF7B109@microsoft.com, "Sam" <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Just preformed a clean install of 10.6 Snow Leopard, and now that I've > installed office it take...

mailbox not created #2
When I create a new user, the mailbox does not get created. I try to setup up outlook for the account using the exchange server option. I type in the name of the exchange server and username and click check name. I get the error message that the username cannot be found in the address book. Under licensing manager I have exceeded the number of seat licenses for windows server. Any suggestions would be helpful. gmckinley wrote: > *When I create a new user, the mailbox does not get created. I try > to setup > up outlook for the account using the exchange server option. I ...

xls:1 but no xls:2
Hi, I have a workbook which opens with the window title filename.xls:1 as if there are two or more views of the same workbook. However, there is only one view I can find (I have minimised the window within Excel, looked for other Excel windows but to no avail). When I try to close the file (ctrl-w or clicking the lower x) the workbook disappears (as expected) but Excel behaves as if I have just closed one of several views: it doesn't ask me if I would like to save changes. However, when I close the Excel program, it behaves as if I am closing filename.xls and asks if I ...

LIST OF "WINDOWS 7" NEWSGROUPS (Windows7, Win7)
Where is 'Windows7" Nesgroup? This question is being asked here (on microsoft.public.windows.vista.general): methodically, weekly (if not more often), so it became a "sticky note" everyone is tired of answering. Some of us feel that the question is repeated by people too lazy to Google or learn for themselves. Let's answer this question once & for ALL, only problem I can't make this Article a "sticky note" also (unlike the question - ironically), let's hope these people can SEARCH & LOCATE my answer, here it goes: *********************...

Reference distribution for Transaction/General
I would like to see Great Plains offer more characters in the reference distribution when doing a JE. Or, to offer a reference distribution Line 2 as another option. My boss wants to see more information on the TB detail report, but we've used up the reference and the distribution reference for something else. If this is offered, I'd like to make sure that Integration Manager can support this. Thanks, -- V Who's Calling, Inc Financial Reporting Manager ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most vo...

Compatibility Question
I have created a file in Excel 2003, and saved as "Excel 97-Excel2003 &5.0/95 Workbook" and I am running XP. The file utilizes several macros, VLOOKUP and COUNTIF commands. My question is if this file is distributed throughout the general public, what do you believe could be some unforeseen compatibility issues I am not aware of as it will obviously be opened on several versions of Operating Systems and versions of Excel? Do I have a 50% chance of success that it will be compatible? What would be your guess at the percentage of success? What are my options to make it more suc...

User not vissible in Global Address List.
Hi, We have a user that is not vissible in the Global Address List, but it is vissible in a Sub Address List. I checked the filter which is used for the global address list. When i test the filter i can find the user?? Can anybody help me find the problem. We use Exchane 2000 SP3, Win2K Server, Outlook 2000 Goldhorn ...

Formulation question
I am trying to create a sliding scale for a payroll functionand would like to create three different percent calculations on one cell based on the amount. for instance if the cell value is 0-1200.00*45% if the value is over 1200.00*47% if value is over 2000.00 *50% I have tried to do this for hours but having NO luck thanks for any HELP tjbar@cox.net If your value is in cell A1 then try =IF(A1>2000,A1*50%,IF(A1>1200,A1*47%,A1*45%)) -- John MOS Master Instructor Office 2000, 2002 & 2003 Please reply & rate any replies you get Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlin...

W3K/E3K Migration question
Hi, I am planning on migrating from SBS 4.5 to 2 new W3K servers(1 file/print server and 1 Exchange server). From what I have read most, I find about migrating from NT 4 to W3K. About upgrading NT server to W3K and then E3K to export mailboxes etc. But as you can see I am not upgrading SBS machine to Windows 2003 but want to migrate from SBS to the W3K server with ADS and another server with Exchange and export the mailboxes from SBS. Tthought if anyone had experience migrating from SBS I could use some tips on that. Specially on getting the Mailboxes into the new exchange server. TIA S...