distribution list not being updated after changes?

we have a distribution list in our public folders for our customer service
people.

last week we had one leave, and one new person come on, so we removed one
email address, and added another.

but- people are still sending emails to the customer service DL that goes to
the old person, and leaves the new one out.

I checked, the the new person is in the DL, and the old one is not.

is this a cache issue of some kind?

How do you get around this?

gary

0
Gary

Not sure how you've got this setup, but the right way to do this would be to
create the Distribution Group in AD instead, imo.
--
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange

"Gary M" <garym_jacksonfurniture(removespam)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> we have a distribution list in our public folders for our customer service
> people.
>
> last week we had one leave, and one new person come on, so we removed one
> email address, and added another.
>
> but- people are still sending emails to the customer service DL that goes
> to the old person, and leaves the new one out.
>
> I checked, the the new person is in the DL, and the old one is not.
>
> is this a cache issue of some kind?
>
> How do you get around this?
>
> gary

0
bharat3597 (1006)
4/5/2007 6:37:23 PM
yeah, that probably is better, but we are a small shop and simply cannot
afford to purchase a license for every group like this.

is there a fix for my issue?  we have been using this for a while, and I am
sure we have had to add and remove people before without this happening.

gary

is it
"Bharat Suneja [MVP]" <bharat@nospam.org> wrote in message
> Not sure how you've got this setup, but the right way to do this would be
> to create the Distribution Group in AD instead, imo.
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MVP - Exchange
> www.zenprise.com
> NEW blog location:
> exchangepedia.com/blog
>

> "Gary M" <garym_jacksonfurniture(removespam)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> we have a distribution list in our public folders for our customer
>> service people.
>>
>> last week we had one leave, and one new person come on, so we removed one
>> email address, and added another.
>>
>> but- people are still sending emails to the customer service DL that goes
>> to the old person, and leaves the new one out.
>>
>> I checked, the the new person is in the DL, and the old one is not.
>>
>> is this a cache issue of some kind?
>>
>> How do you get around this?
>>
>> gary

0
Gary
4/5/2007 7:19:33 PM
Again, not sure what you mean by that. *You don't need any licenses for
Distribution Groups in AD*

--

> yeah, that probably is better, but we are a small shop and simply cannot
> afford to purchase a license for every group like this.
>
> is there a fix for my issue?  we have been using this for a while, and I
> am sure we have had to add and remove people before without this
> happening.
>
> gary
>

> is it
> "Bharat Suneja [MVP]" <bharat@nospam.org> wrote in message
>> Not sure how you've got this setup, but the right way to do this would be
>> to create the Distribution Group in AD instead, imo.
>> --
>> Bharat Suneja
>> MVP - Exchange
>> www.zenprise.com
>> NEW blog location:
>> exchangepedia.com/blog
>>

>> "Gary M" <garym_jacksonfurniture(removespam)@hotmail.com> wrote in
>> message news:e1sONB7dHHA.4916@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>> we have a distribution list in our public folders for our customer
>>> service people.
>>>
>>> last week we had one leave, and one new person come on, so we removed
>>> one email address, and added another.
>>>
>>> but- people are still sending emails to the customer service DL that
>>> goes to the old person, and leaves the new one out.
>>>
>>> I checked, the the new person is in the DL, and the old one is not.
>>>
>>> is this a cache issue of some kind?
>>>
>>> How do you get around this?
>>>
>>> gary

0
bharat3597 (1006)
4/5/2007 7:40:10 PM
but when you create a distribution group, do you not create an exchange
malbox for that group?
that would take up a license, would it not?

gary

> Again, not sure what you mean by that. *You don't need any licenses for
> Distribution Groups in AD*
>

> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MVP - Exchange
> www.zenprise.com
> NEW blog location:
> exchangepedia.com/blog
>

> "Gary M" <garym_jacksonfurniture(removespam)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> yeah, that probably is better, but we are a small shop and simply cannot
>> afford to purchase a license for every group like this.
>>
>> is there a fix for my issue?  we have been using this for a while, and I
>> am sure we have had to add and remove people before without this
>> happening.
>>
>> gary
>>

>> is it
>> "Bharat Suneja [MVP]" <bharat@nospam.org> wrote in message
>>> Not sure how you've got this setup, but the right way to do this would
>>> be to create the Distribution Group in AD instead, imo.
>>> --
>>> Bharat Suneja
>>> MVP - Exchange
>>> www.zenprise.com
>>> NEW blog location:
>>> exchangepedia.com/blog
>>>

>>> "Gary M" <garym_jacksonfurniture(removespam)@hotmail.com> wrote in
>>> message news:e1sONB7dHHA.4916@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...

0
Gary
4/10/2007 1:44:51 PM
"Gary M" <garym_jacksonfurniture(removespam)@hotmail.com> wrote:

>but when you create a distribution group, do you not create an exchange
>malbox for that group?

No.

>that would take up a license, would it not?

No, again.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Q: Changing default Body+ font in Outlook 2007
Hi, my default font in Outlook 2007 for New Mail Message is set to Calibri (Body). How can I change it to be default Arial (Body) for New Mail Message or whole Outlook, it is same for me? I don't want to change default font to Arial (I want to change the body font). Thank you in advance, M. Hi, Tools/Options/Mail Format/Staionary and Fonts/ Personal Stationary. Hi, how do I change the +Body font from there? (at that screen I only know how to change font to Arial, but that is not what I want to do, I want the font to remain +Body, but instead of being Calibri I want it to be A...

Changing password in OWA
When I get into OWA and click on Options, then change password option, I get a "Page cannot be displayed, Cannot find server. Can anyone tell me what to look for? Hi Jim, please read http://support.microsoft.com/kb/265847/EN-US/ -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch Bravestar2004@Arcor.de Join me in my Forum @ http://www.andreas-roeder.net/phpBB2/index.php "Jim in Cleveland" <JiminCleveland@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:BB870A1D-A796-4FF1-84E2-87C3D284072F@microsoft.com... > When I get into OWA and click on Options, then change ...

Changing the default value of the revenue field
Hey all. Interesting question... Is there a way to change the default value on the revenue field on the opportunity form from system calculated to user provided. We don't use quotes here, so it is an extra mouse click everytime someone creates an opportunity. TIA, Dave Hi, this field not is mandatory , then you can let it blank and save record if you dont use quotas in this level best regards! "Dave J" wrote: > Hey all. > > Interesting question... > > Is there a way to change the default value on the revenue field on the > opportunity form from syste...

Change Value on Combo Box upon event
Is there a way that I can change the value on a Combo Box to the last record in its record source? I have a combo box that displays Fiscal Years, from 2000 to Current fiscal year 2007. Users can select any year they wish to pull data from based on the year selected. However, I want the combo Box to change its value to the current Fiscal year (which is the last record presented to them when they select the drop down) based on a specific event. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks! heyy try: Me.CourseID = Me.CourseID.ItemData(Me.CourseID.ListCount - 1) cheers jeff "Angel_G" ...

Customer Name change
What would be the repercussion of changing the customer name in the rm00101 table? On Aug 4, 6:53=A0am, TBrooks <TBro...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > What would be the repercussion of changing the customer name in the rm001= 01 > table? rm00101 is a Dynamics GP table. This is a Dynamics CRM forum (different product). Given you're not changing the ID, I think you can get away with it but I'd ask in a GP forum to be sure. Leon Tribe Want to hear me talk about all things CRM? Check out my blog http://leontribe.blogspot.com/ or hear me tweet @leontribe I agree with ...

Opens to Personel Folder by default...How to Change?
I cant seem to find a setting anywhere that will let me change Outlook 2003 to open right up to the Inbox. It keeps going to the Personel Folder....Even right after a clean install....Anyone I know that uses Outlook never had to set anything and it always went straight to the Inbox. Any one know how to change this?? THANKS! Darren, Outlook toolbar: Tools/Options/Further/extended options/Folder with program start Do you search this setting? -- Oliver Vukovics Outlook Network without exchange: Public OutLook Share your Outlook PST with several users! http://www.outlookstore.com &...

AR
Hello, does anyone know why there is not a distribution error in the AR module like there is in AP: "Distributions for this transaction contains errors." Thanks, Craig Hi Craig, Probably there is no issue with the distributions in the AR which is why you are not getting an error. In AP, you may want to check the distributions by clicking the distributions button from the payables transaction entry screen and verify the accounts. You can click the Default button to reset the accounts. If that didn't auto-populate the default accounts in the distribution...

Quick Campaign Notes do not list in the contact directly
Hi, I have no glue if I do make something wrong or this is by design: When I make notes to a contact within a quickcampaign this note is not in the history and it is also not in the main notes of the contact. IMHO notes to a contact of anything should be found in the main notes, no matter where the come from. (Is there a filter or something I could change - if it is that way) best regards Antonio ...

Updated Office 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I am not very techno minded, so I don't know what to do. I updated Office 2008 and now it says that I have entered an invalid product key. I didn't enter any product key! I went to some of the help solutions on this site and one told me to delete the Office Folder. If I do this won't I lose all of the files I have in Word and ExceL? I am afraid to do anything, but cannot get into any files. Please help me with simple instructions if you can. Thanks. On 8/5/09 5:08 PM, in article 59b79af0.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "LC@...

Exchange Global Address List
I have a user whos information i entered. after everything was said and done, he wanted his full name along with initials to appear in the GAL. i changed the display name in AD and took those steps, but when I pull his name up in outlook 2003, its still just his name that i entered before. Is there a way to force this update? you're certain you modified the display name? are you running in cached mode? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Jerry" <jay_pee_36@comcast.net> wrote in message news:1170778214.249747.96530@v33g2000cwv.googlegroups.com... >I have a user whos infor...

How to change Series Order in a Combination Chart?
I have 3 series of data in my chart: 1st two series are in a Stacked Column chart 3rd series is a Clustered Column Chart They are in the order as follows: Series2 Series1 Series3 I want to change the series order now as follows: Series2 Series3 Series1 I tried right clicking on my chart and went into Format Data Series - Series Order and change the Series order there. Nothing happens. Why is this not working? And, how do I change the series? Please help. P.S. I have gone through Jon Peltier's example and many other combination chart examples on the...

Excel Formulas Not Updating
For some reason when I create a new sheet, my formulas do not get updated when I change the value of a cell that si used to calculate the formula (I have to double click on the formula and then I get the right value). This problem does not occur when I make changes to files that I get from other people Try Tools / Options / Calculation / Change to Automatic if on Manual Excel takes it's calculation status from that of the first file opened after launching Excel. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 00/02...

How can I change sale price to price A,B, or C
The wizard only lets you marks up or down Items in departments by percents or by a dollar amount most retailers have items in the same department that are price at round numbers like Regular price for a Adirondack chair $149.00 and sale price $99.00 but the foot stool for the chair has a regular price $99.00 and on sale is $79.00 the department is the same but the % of the price change is deferent am I over looking some thing ???????? Is there a work around for this Thanks HI Al, the first thing with your wording is that you are price strcuture set not base on department but base o...

Remove mailbox from Everyone distribution list?
I have a mailbox user that I do NOT want to be part of the "everyone" distribution list. I don't want to make it a "hidden" mailbox since I do want people to send emails to him. Any ideas if this is possible? I'm on Exch 5.5 in a Windows 2000 environment. thanks "Pablo" <pmosca@citizensconferencing.com> wrote in news:1fdc01c44a45 $8113e4e0$7d02280a@phx.gbl: > I have a mailbox user that I do NOT want to be part of > the "everyone" distribution list. I don't want to make it > a "hidden" mailbox since I do want...

Remove blank entries from a list box either using VBA or basic formula #3
Thanks Debra Havent thought about using dynamic ranges before.....I am a bit of Excel learner. I shall look into this as you suggest. Thanks again Celtic_avenge -- Celtic_Avenge ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Celtic_Avenger's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1410 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27183 ...

[ANN] Office 2008 12.0.1 update
Hi All, The Office 20089 12.0.1 update is now available on Mactopia: http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.mspx It should soon also be available through Auto-update. 114.1MB!!! The KB describing the update is not yet live on the MS site so at this time I do not yet have the release note, but it will be available here: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=108496 The updater is a .mpkg package (so it is installable through over a network through ARD :-) ). Corentin -- --- Mac:MS MVP http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ --- http://www.mvps.org - http://...

make changes to excel workbook
hi I have a program on my computer that is using an Excel workbook. I'm using VB6 and need to modify this excel workbook. How can I make changes to this excel workbook without saving it first to the hard drive and afterward reopen it. thanks replies in .programming -- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "yosilb" <yosilb@walla.com> wrote in message news:4691b8e4@news.bezeqint.net... > hi > I have a program on my computer that is using an Excel workbook. > I'm using VB6 and need to modify this excel ...

Use Excel to make an update query to another database table?
I have a spreadsheet in Excel with information on it that I'd like to update to a database table (outside of Excel). I have been using Excel to pull database information in, and now I'd like to use it to write data to the same table. To this point I've just been copying the data into an Access table and creating an update query. Anyway to get Excel to do this?? Many thanks in advance. ...

clear check mark when field changes
I have a field (Current CommTech Level) that changes from CommTech 2 to CommTech 3 and so on. I also have 2 fields with checks marks in them, Passed Written Exam and Passed Practical Exam. When the CommTech Level changes I need the check marks to clear. We already have record of the testing process off site, so keeping track of the testing process would be redundant over the redunancy that is already in place. Thank you for your help -- Scot Rawlings Technical Trainer Comcast Auburn, WA Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Hi Scot, Use the AfterUpdate event of the control...

Case statement vs Change/lookup table
Hello All Gurus, This is a problem that I have encountered and was wondering what would be a better approach to the solution I have a view that is pulling data from a table which is fed from an external application. Some of the data due to external situations is wrong/spelled wrong, in the past when this happened I updated another view with a complex set of case statements. This is fast and stable, however, it is for only three instances as they are the only mistakes and they happen always, aka the data is always spelled wrong for these three instances. Now there is a situation wher...

Format changing
I have some issues with an Excel file that I will try to explain. The file contains worksheets; 12 monthly progress reports, 1 data sheet, 1 information sheet, 12 comment sheets (to show progress against objectives set in the report). It is stored in the 2003 format. The reports have some text that is linked to the information sheet and the comment sheets and charts that update from the data sheet. Each report typically has 6 charts with the relevant comments. The information sheet is just to give the header information as the need for new files is reached and this information is commo...

change display font to actual selected font
My excel worksheet is using the font comic sans ms although in the Normal page layout, the font used is Arial. In the format toolbar, comic sans ms is selected and when the sheet is printed, it appears correctly. What's your zoom level? If you change the zoom factor to 100% does it look ok? If yes, then maybe this post by Debra Dalgleish will help: You can change a registry setting to prevent this from happening (make a backup copy of the registry first): 1. From the Start button, choose Run 2. Type regedit then click OK 3. Click the + sign to the left of HKEY_CURRENT_USER 4. Open ...

changing row height
Is it possible to change the row height within the same sheet of some rows without it affecting the other rows? -- A fledgling at 64 hi yes it is. are you having trouble of any kind?? to set a row....on the menu bar>format>row>row height set the height to what you want. you may have to experiment. once set to the desired height and you need to set other rows to the same height, select the other row and hit the f4 key. this is the repeat action key. the set the height of the select row to the same height as the last row. if you need to have different heights then you ...

Complex Update Query in SQl Server 2000
I need to update ACTINDX in UPR40500 for each JOBTITLE in MYTABLE. We have modified the ACTNUMBR in 'MYTABLE' whose segments are contained in GL00100 GL00100 ACTINDX ACTNUMBR_1 ACTNUMBR_2 ACTNUMBR_3 ACTNUMBR_4 ACTNUMBR_5 30562 222 411001 000000 150 350 30563 222 411001 000000 155 355 UPR40500 JOBTITLE ACTINDX 209401 30562 150001 30563 MYTABLE JOBTITLE ACTNUMBR 209401 222-411001-000000-150-350 150001 222-411001-000000-155-355 Sean: If you are storing the account number as a string in my table, an...

"Office Update ActiveX Control Failed to Load"
I keep getting "Office Update ActiveX Control Failed to Load." I cannot get ActiveX to load for Office update even though I've carefully followed ALL the directions on the MS web site (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011357171033.aspx) . Can anyone suggest what I might do next? Thanks and regards, PJF On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 15:37:23 -1000, PJF <pjf10@earthlink.net> wrote: > I keep getting "Office Update ActiveX Control Failed to Load." I cannot > get > ActiveX to load for Office update even though I've carefully followed ALL > t...