Distribution Groups AND Users In an Address list

I am in a exchange 2000 and 2003 tree - on top of server 2003 in a multi
state domain.  The global address list contains about 3000 users.  I
obviously don't want all of those to appear to the clients at this local
site.

I created an address list for the local company - but - and here is the
kicker - I cannot figure out how to create that list with the distributions
groups (which are universal groups with e-mail accounts and viewable on the
global address list) AND the users.  I can make one with the users or the
groups.

This seems like it should be easy.. but it isn't - 2003 search features are
based on and rather that or and NO way that I can see to change them.

I called Microsoft and despite paying them almost 8000 dollars in software
fees for server/exchange/cals/officexp in the last week - no chance at a
freebie.

Help!

mark layton - marcuslayton@hotmail.com

"Mark Layton" <marcuslayton@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I am in a exchange 2000 and 2003 tree - on top of server 2003 in a multi
>state domain.  The global address list contains about 3000 users.  I
>obviously don't want all of those to appear to the clients at this local
>site.
>
>I created an address list for the local company - but - and here is the
>kicker - I cannot figure out how to create that list with the distributions
>groups (which are universal groups with e-mail accounts and viewable on the
>global address list) AND the users.  I can make one with the users or the
>groups.

You'll probably have to be a bit creative and not use the UI to
generate the LDAP filter string. As you point out, the UI only
generates filters with AND conditions.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Global Address Book #3
Without Exchange server, is there a way to publish or share an address book for IMO Outlook users? Much regards CR -- "Cnews-ms" <craig@nospam.net> wrote in news:O#JGiXS#EHA.3592@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl: > Without Exchange server, is there a way to publish or share an address > book for IMO > Outlook users? > > Much regards > > CR > Check this page: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/groupcontacts.htm -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP Stockholm Consulting Group/KSG http://www.scgab.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://home.hawaii.rr.com...

Distribution lists
I tried and the recipient opened it and did a save and close, but it does not appear in her contacts. Any suggestions for sending a distribution list to someone? Hi wrong newsgroup? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Circe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1444d01c444c5$2e8b1750$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I tried and the recipient opened it and did a save and > close, but it does not appear in her contacts. > > Any suggestions for sending a distribution list to someone? > Outlook? Just drag it into your message (so it&...

User Form Problem #2
I have done some reading on using User Forms within VBA. I am taking data from the form and putting it to an Excel worksheeet. Here is the code I have so far... This all works... Private Sub cmdSaveData_Click() Dim LastRow As Object Sheets("DailyData").Select Set LastRow = Sheet1.Range("a65536").End(xlUp) LastRow.Offset(1, 0).Value = txtDate.Text LastRow.Offset(1, 1).Value = txtRawPounds.Text LastRow.Offset(1, 2).Value = txtRawSolids.Text LastRow.Offset(1, 3).Value = txtFrenchFryPounds.Text LastRow.Offset(1, 4).Value = txtBatterPounds.Text LastRow.Offset(1, 5).Value ...

insert complete address
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel In a sheet I have a database of customers (name, surname, street, city) and have another sheet where I make the invoices. <br> In a cell, of the sheet I make the invoice, I would like entering on a cell, the list of the addresses, make a choice of one complete address among the customers address and insert it. I believe I understand what you want to have happen, but you're looking at it from the reverse of how Excel works :-) Data can't be "pushed" from one cell to another, it ha...

Excel: How do I group columns?
How do I group columns? And how do I compare data in columns, highlighting like data? Thx Steve Hi Steve not sure what you mean by 'group' - there is an option under the data menu called group & outline / group which is basically an alternative to hiding columns? is this what you're after? as for comparing data in columns - check out http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm -- Cheers JulieD check out www.hcts.net.au/tipsandtricks.htm ....well i'm working on it anyway "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4C4C5B35-9A81...

Computer Checks Edit List Credit Memo
When printing out the Computer Checks Edit List it is printing a Credit Memo as well in the remittance section. Does anybody have a way of not having the Credit Memo print out on the Edit List? Thanks Kevin Kevin, To exclude credit memos from your check run, you will need to uncheck Credit Memos from the Automatically Apply Existing Unapplied section of the window before building your batch. Now, the question to you is, do you want credit memos not to show up on the edit list but still be considered for application? If so, then you will need to exclude using Report Writer by creatin...

Unable to send email to a certain address
I can recieve email froma certain address but can't send email to it or reply. I get the following error message: The original message was received at Tue, 18 Nov 2003 14:35:25 -0500 from ool-43507010.dyn.optonline.net [67.80.112.16] ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors ----- <rbayersdorfer@franklinlakes.k12.nj.us> (reason: 550 Can't verify your host name) ----- Transcript of session follows ----- .... while talking to mail.franklinlakes.k12.nj.us.: >>> MAIL From:<rjaekel@dicararubinoarchitects.com> <<< 550 Can't ver...

Distribution Lists #7
Is it possible to have distribution lists in Outlook 2000 sorted by last name? Can't seem to get there. ...

Users only using OWA + change password at next logon
We have some users that really never logon to a workstation, but they do need their email, which they will check through OWA. (Exchange 2003) How do we handle those users as far as password expiration and "User must change password at next logon" (after creating a new user) goes? It seems like both of those things only popup if you logon to a workstation joined to the domain, but not through OWA, at least not by default? Any suggestions really appreciated! TIA!! / Per See if this helps. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/833734 SUMMARY The Password Change pages that are...

Any harm in changing a user's group membership?
I know that deleting a userid and creating a new user with the same name will have really nasty results with ownership of objects, etc., but what about simply changing the group membership? I'd like to change a member of the "Administrator" group to "Power User" or simply "User" for a while to see what (if anything) stops working, but only if I know that I can always change it back if things get strange. -- Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN bert@iphouse.com Bert Hyman wrote: > I know that deleting a userid and creating a new user with the same name ...

Reference distribution for Transaction/General
I would like to see Great Plains offer more characters in the reference distribution when doing a JE. Or, to offer a reference distribution Line 2 as another option. My boss wants to see more information on the TB detail report, but we've used up the reference and the distribution reference for something else. If this is offered, I'd like to make sure that Integration Manager can support this. Thanks, -- V Who's Calling, Inc Financial Reporting Manager ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most vo...

Distribution list inconsistant
Hi, There is inconsistent to send out a email to distribution list. For an example, a user tried to send out DL-Staff then all staffs receive it and after 5 minutes, she sent out another email to same DL and no one receive it. Tested samller on distribution such as departmental and everything is OK and stable. I took a look on the server and CPU, disk i/o are very relaxed. I will be appreciated any information how approach should I trouble shoot this type of problem. Could it be memory leak? This is wild guess. Thank you in advance, Johnny Chow and, is it a universal DG o...

User not vissible in Global Address List.
Hi, We have a user that is not vissible in the Global Address List, but it is vissible in a Sub Address List. I checked the filter which is used for the global address list. When i test the filter i can find the user?? Can anybody help me find the problem. We use Exchane 2000 SP3, Win2K Server, Outlook 2000 Goldhorn ...

e-mail addresses
I have several e-mail addresses. Quite a number of e-mails I receive show the same name in the "From" column as well as the "To" column. How can I determine to which of my addresses the mail was sent? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ What version of Outlook? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In new...

Routing Group Config
We originally had an Exchange 5.5 organization with 2 sites - London & Canberra. We migrated to Exchange 2000 & moved users to new servers at each site, basically by adding E2K servers at each site, then doing a mailbox move. We then upgraded both servers to Exchange 2003 Enterprise & have changed to native mode This has left us with 2 Administrative Groups (Canberra & London), each with a routing group containing the servers located at those sites. There is a routing group connector between Canberra & Sydney & the sites are connected by a VPN connection between firewa...

Automatic Watermark Distribution
I have a list of 25 people and I need to add there name as a watermark to the same Excel File for distribution. Can outlook do this automatically using their Email Address or name as it is listed in our internal directory? That would require writing VBA code to do whatever you want to the Excel = file and then create the email messages to distribute it.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers ...

Multiple GROUP BY in a SELECT
Hi I am trying to do something simple but failing. I am trying to get aggregate data with different conditions in a SQL query. That is, with a table date,fooA,fooB, I want to output rows containing year, average fooA (where fooB=1) average fooA (where fooB=2) average fooA (where fooB=3) group by year(date) The tests I need on fooB are rather more complex but this is essentially what I am after, but can't break it down into a single query. UNION merges rows from different queries and I want to merge columns! "Xmas" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message n...

Importing a distribution list into another distribution list
I am using Microsoft 2002 and wonder if I can import an existing distribution list into another existing distribution list? I am trying to avoid entering individual emails into an existing distribution list. I'd like to be able to import the entire list. Pat Speir <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am using Microsoft 2002 and wonder if I can import an > existing distribution list into another existing > distribution list? I am trying to avoid entering > individual emails into an existing distribution list. > I'd like to be able to import the ...

Distribution List Not Distribution
I'm Running Win 2003 SBS SP1 with Exchange SP2. Using a POP3 catchall email account with the ISP and the POP3 connector in exchange. Have created a Distribution List called info@domainname.com to distribute to two members. Sometimes I get the emails and he doesn't and sometimes he gets it a I don't. Then sometimes we both get it. But what is sure is that the SBS Fax service is setup to send to this info list. and only he gets them. The public store for the list always get them. Have tried delete list and recreating. Someone else is having the same problem with the ...

Excluding a distribution group in a query based distribution group
Anyone have any ideas on how to accomplish this? I'm having a little trouble wrapping my brain around this. Here's my scenario: I want to create a query based distribution list that sends an email to the entire organization except members of a certain distribution group and to a special users group (conference rooms and the like). The way it's setup now, the excluded users are in a security group - I'm thinking they need to be in a distribution group for this to work - but does that group need an email address for it to work? Then when creating the custom filter, what fiel...

removing old users
We would like to cleanup our users list by removing the old employees who are no longer with the company. Is there any precaution that I need to take before deleting users? Is it going to impact any other areas within Great Plains? Can anyone please share their experience. I have frequently removed old users when they leave the company and have experienced no problems. >-----Original Message----- >We would like to cleanup our users list by removing the >old employees who are no longer with the company. > >Is there any precaution that I need to take before >deleting ...

restricting distribution group Help
Hopefully somebody can assist me finding out if there is a way to restrict in Exchange 2003 / Outlook from having users from replying to an e-mail they recieved from being a member of a distribution group. I restricted access who can send to a group but then once sombody recieves the email they are able to reply to the whole group and we want to restrict that feature. On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 20:11:01 -0700, Matt S <MattS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hopefully somebody can assist me finding out if there is a way to restrict in >Exchange 2003 / Outlook from having users from...

Form Controls
Is there any way to make the group box borders invisible? I see a setting to not print, but I dont want them visible on scree either. I am using Excel 2002 SP2 Thanks in advance -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I don't think you can do this except via code. Hit alt-f11 to get to the VBE hit ctrl-G to see the immediate window type this in and hit enter: activesheet.groupboxes.visible = false This hides all the groupboxes on the activesheet. "MaryM <" wrote: > > Is there any way to make the group box borders invisible? > I see a setting to n...

Setting up new exchange user
This is probably a FAQ but I have found no reply. Scenario: I have a remote user who gets "all" her settings via DHCP from her ISP. ("All" ~ IP, DNS etc) We set up a VPN from her to us. In the mail set-up she types in the IP of our server (192.168.x.x) and username. Presses Check names - is prompted for password and the IP is replaced with the servername like "FOO" (and not foo.abz.com). So far so good. But when she starts Outlook it can not find the server "FOO" - the netbios name. Obviously the name resolution fails. Now and then it works. But more o...

Hide User Templates from GAL?
Hi, new to Exchange here. We're running SBS 2003. The GAL contains entries for the Administrator Template, Mobile User Template, etc. as well as for several user accounts that do not have Exchange mailboxes. The only method I've been able to come up with to hide an account from the GAL is: Active Directory Users and Computers --> Right click on user --> Select Properties -->Exchange Advanced --> Hide from Exchange Address Lists. That's all well and good if I wanted to hide a user who actually has a mailbox, however the Exchange Advanced option isn't avail...