distribution group af contact

I made some contacts and put then in a group without assigning an email to
it. Can this group be shown in the general adressbook in outlook so that
everyone in the organisation can send a mail to these contact? can someone
help me?

Thx
0
figo (3)

Mail enable the Group.

Oliver

0
o.moazzeziNO (822)

Distribution lists
I tried and the recipient opened it and did a save and close, but it does not appear in her contacts. Any suggestions for sending a distribution list to someone? Hi wrong newsgroup? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Circe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1444d01c444c5$2e8b1750$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I tried and the recipient opened it and did a save and > close, but it does not appear in her contacts. > > Any suggestions for sending a distribution list to someone? > Outlook? Just drag it into your message (so it&...

Excel: How do I group columns?
How do I group columns? And how do I compare data in columns, highlighting like data? Thx Steve Hi Steve not sure what you mean by 'group' - there is an option under the data menu called group & outline / group which is basically an alternative to hiding columns? is this what you're after? as for comparing data in columns - check out http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm -- Cheers JulieD check out www.hcts.net.au/tipsandtricks.htm ....well i'm working on it anyway "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4C4C5B35-9A81...

Contact and Account
I have Outlook 2003 and I have created three e-mail accounts. Is there anyway to relate a contact with a certain account so I can send mails using specific accounts for some contacts? Thanks in advance Dimitris Nikolakakis No. --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Dimitris Nikolakakis" <dimnik@italtd.gr> wrote in message = news:%23A3D96zRFHA.3156@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... >I have Outlook 2003 and I have created three ...

Distribution Lists #7
Is it possible to have distribution lists in Outlook 2000 sorted by last name? Can't seem to get there. ...

Any harm in changing a user's group membership?
I know that deleting a userid and creating a new user with the same name will have really nasty results with ownership of objects, etc., but what about simply changing the group membership? I'd like to change a member of the "Administrator" group to "Power User" or simply "User" for a while to see what (if anything) stops working, but only if I know that I can always change it back if things get strange. -- Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN bert@iphouse.com Bert Hyman wrote: > I know that deleting a userid and creating a new user with the same name ...

Reference distribution for Transaction/General
I would like to see Great Plains offer more characters in the reference distribution when doing a JE. Or, to offer a reference distribution Line 2 as another option. My boss wants to see more information on the TB detail report, but we've used up the reference and the distribution reference for something else. If this is offered, I'd like to make sure that Integration Manager can support this. Thanks, -- V Who's Calling, Inc Financial Reporting Manager ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most vo...

Distribution list inconsistant
Hi, There is inconsistent to send out a email to distribution list. For an example, a user tried to send out DL-Staff then all staffs receive it and after 5 minutes, she sent out another email to same DL and no one receive it. Tested samller on distribution such as departmental and everything is OK and stable. I took a look on the server and CPU, disk i/o are very relaxed. I will be appreciated any information how approach should I trouble shoot this type of problem. Could it be memory leak? This is wild guess. Thank you in advance, Johnny Chow and, is it a universal DG o...

Global contacts list.
Is there a way to create a global contact list and have it open by default when a user opens outlook. We have Exchange Server 2003 Thanks Eric You can add custom contacts to the global address list but that will not display as contacts in the Outlook Contact folder. Not sure exactly what you are looking for? -- Jared Gradle Exchange Support Professional ****** Disclaimer ****** This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Note: Please do NOT reply to this e-mail address. It is used for newsgroup purposes only. "Eric" <eric.spe...

Routing Group Config
We originally had an Exchange 5.5 organization with 2 sites - London & Canberra. We migrated to Exchange 2000 & moved users to new servers at each site, basically by adding E2K servers at each site, then doing a mailbox move. We then upgraded both servers to Exchange 2003 Enterprise & have changed to native mode This has left us with 2 Administrative Groups (Canberra & London), each with a routing group containing the servers located at those sites. There is a routing group connector between Canberra & Sydney & the sites are connected by a VPN connection between firewa...

Automatic Watermark Distribution
I have a list of 25 people and I need to add there name as a watermark to the same Excel File for distribution. Can outlook do this automatically using their Email Address or name as it is listed in our internal directory? That would require writing VBA code to do whatever you want to the Excel = file and then create the email messages to distribute it.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers ...

Changing to the Contact list as the email default address list.
I want to change the address book that automatically comes up when you use the TO field in an email message from the Global Address List to the Contacts list. Is it possible and how do I achieve. Kris <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I want to change the address book that automatically > comes up when you use the TO field in an email message > from the Global Address List to the Contacts list. Is it > possible and how do I achieve. Click Tools>Address Book. In the address book window, click Tools>Options. Change the "Show this address list fi...

How do you link a phone number to a calendar contact
I have an appointment scheduled on the calendar. Is there a way to directly link the appointment to a phone number without having to go back to contacts, then scroll through names, then click on contact to look up phone number Well, this is almost what you describe, but not quite. When you create the appointment, click the Contacts button on the bottom of the appointment form. Then choose the contact that you want to link to. Later, when you open the appointment, you can just double click on the Contact's underlined name and it will open the contact directly. -- Patricia Cardoza...

Multiple GROUP BY in a SELECT
Hi I am trying to do something simple but failing. I am trying to get aggregate data with different conditions in a SQL query. That is, with a table date,fooA,fooB, I want to output rows containing year, average fooA (where fooB=1) average fooA (where fooB=2) average fooA (where fooB=3) group by year(date) The tests I need on fooB are rather more complex but this is essentially what I am after, but can't break it down into a single query. UNION merges rows from different queries and I want to merge columns! "Xmas" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message n...

Outlook Contacts #27
How can I "save contact" to "contacts1" folder instead of a new folder called contacts. When I "add to outlook contacts" it saves in a different folder and I would prefer to have all contacts in "contacts1" folder. Right now, I have 2 contact folders and it would be nice to have everything in one. Instead of Save and Close, use the File | Move to Folder command.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=3D54=20 ...

Importing a distribution list into another distribution list
I am using Microsoft 2002 and wonder if I can import an existing distribution list into another existing distribution list? I am trying to avoid entering individual emails into an existing distribution list. I'd like to be able to import the entire list. Pat Speir <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am using Microsoft 2002 and wonder if I can import an > existing distribution list into another existing > distribution list? I am trying to avoid entering > individual emails into an existing distribution list. > I'd like to be able to import the ...

Distribution List Not Distribution
I'm Running Win 2003 SBS SP1 with Exchange SP2. Using a POP3 catchall email account with the ISP and the POP3 connector in exchange. Have created a Distribution List called info@domainname.com to distribute to two members. Sometimes I get the emails and he doesn't and sometimes he gets it a I don't. Then sometimes we both get it. But what is sure is that the SBS Fax service is setup to send to this info list. and only he gets them. The public store for the list always get them. Have tried delete list and recreating. Someone else is having the same problem with the ...

Excluding a distribution group in a query based distribution group
Anyone have any ideas on how to accomplish this? I'm having a little trouble wrapping my brain around this. Here's my scenario: I want to create a query based distribution list that sends an email to the entire organization except members of a certain distribution group and to a special users group (conference rooms and the like). The way it's setup now, the excluded users are in a security group - I'm thinking they need to be in a distribution group for this to work - but does that group need an email address for it to work? Then when creating the custom filter, what fiel...

The account's primary contact should by dynamic
Depending on if you are in Sales, AR, Service, etc... the primary contact on the account should be able to dynamic. Alternatively, there should be primary contacts on the Account for each of the departments in the organization. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the messa...

Form Controls
Is there any way to make the group box borders invisible? I see a setting to not print, but I dont want them visible on scree either. I am using Excel 2002 SP2 Thanks in advance -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I don't think you can do this except via code. Hit alt-f11 to get to the VBE hit ctrl-G to see the immediate window type this in and hit enter: activesheet.groupboxes.visible = false This hides all the groupboxes on the activesheet. "MaryM <" wrote: > > Is there any way to make the group box borders invisible? > I see a setting to n...

restricting distribution group Help
Hopefully somebody can assist me finding out if there is a way to restrict in Exchange 2003 / Outlook from having users from replying to an e-mail they recieved from being a member of a distribution group. I restricted access who can send to a group but then once sombody recieves the email they are able to reply to the whole group and we want to restrict that feature. On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 20:11:01 -0700, Matt S <MattS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hopefully somebody can assist me finding out if there is a way to restrict in >Exchange 2003 / Outlook from having users from...

Is this news group still active?
Just checking to see if anyone reads\replies to messages .. My reader (Thunderbird) seems to have stopped recieving message after 8/10/05... Works fine with mine. V1.0.2 Rowan Prior rowanp <removethis> wrote: > Just checking to see if anyone reads\replies to messages .. My reader > (Thunderbird) seems to have stopped recieving message after 8/10/05... How very strange .. 30 seconds after posting my question, eveything updated ... yeah, I am happy to be back living in the here and now.. noyb wrote: > Works fine with mine. V1.0.2 > > Rowan Prior rowanp <removethi...

convert outlook 2003 distribution list to Exchange AD shared contact/list
I am still a newbie looking for a better way than using outlook distribution list. - allowing customizing the To address as Dear <FirstName> instead of the address would be a better way - reducing chance of being rated as spammer is also better ( in outlook, mail merge is good but tedious) what is the approach in exchange? to mass mailing to subscribers news? saving existing existing outlook distribution list to text and importing to exchange contact has the dis- advantge of scrambling the File As "gs" <gs@dontMail.telus> wrote: >I am still a newbie looking ...

Delegate can't see the user's contact list to create distribution
I have setup a user to be the delegate for her manager's contact list and she wants to add a distribution list to her manager's contacts but when she tries to add members to the distribution list she only sees her own contact list and the Global Address List. Our setup is Outlook 2007 with Exchange 2007. ...

What equation that i need to use to group in vba
Hi, I need to put group no in column 2 (each group contain 6 no), how to do in vba? Ex. Col A Column B 1 1 2 1 3 1 4 1 5 1 6 1 7 2 8 2 9 2 10 2 11 2 12 2 13 3 and continue.. Please help what equation that i need to use to get no in column B Thanks Bonsour� "geniusideas" a �crit > Hi, ...

Distribution list with CC
Is there a way to have a distribution list that has both To and CC addresses? Where an address or DL is placed is not a property of the address or DL. User does that at the time of composition. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Pencil" <pencil@unlisted.com> wrote in message news:Xns980C819F074DApencilunlistedcom@208.49.80.60... > Is there a way to have a distribution list that has both To and CC > addresses? > ...