distribution group #7

Do you have to establish an email address for distribution groups so they
will show up in the GAL? If you do how do you keep the mailbox from filling
up with emails?

A DL is NOT a mailbox. Its just a group membership.

"Brandon" <whocares@you.com> wrote in message
> Do you have to establish an email address for distribution groups so they
> will show up in the GAL? If you do how do you keep the mailbox from
> filling up with emails?

0
exchangemvp (657)
3/3/2006 2:18:57 PM
On Fri, 3 Mar 2006 08:10:34 -0600, "Brandon" <whocares@you.com> wrote:

>Do you have to establish an email address for distribution groups so they
>will show up in the GAL? If you do how do you keep the mailbox from filling
>up with emails?

Mail-enable them and give them a SMTP address.
Ensure they are viewable in the Address Lists ( which is the default)

What mailbox?
0
adavid (8731)

Distribution lists
I tried and the recipient opened it and did a save and close, but it does not appear in her contacts. Any suggestions for sending a distribution list to someone? Hi wrong newsgroup? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Circe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1444d01c444c5$2e8b1750$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I tried and the recipient opened it and did a save and > close, but it does not appear in her contacts. > > Any suggestions for sending a distribution list to someone? > Outlook? Just drag it into your message (so it&...

Excel: How do I group columns?
How do I group columns? And how do I compare data in columns, highlighting like data? Thx Steve Hi Steve not sure what you mean by 'group' - there is an option under the data menu called group & outline / group which is basically an alternative to hiding columns? is this what you're after? as for comparing data in columns - check out http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm -- Cheers JulieD check out www.hcts.net.au/tipsandtricks.htm ....well i'm working on it anyway "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4C4C5B35-9A81...

Distribution Lists #7
Is it possible to have distribution lists in Outlook 2000 sorted by last name? Can't seem to get there. ...

Any harm in changing a user's group membership?
I know that deleting a userid and creating a new user with the same name will have really nasty results with ownership of objects, etc., but what about simply changing the group membership? I'd like to change a member of the "Administrator" group to "Power User" or simply "User" for a while to see what (if anything) stops working, but only if I know that I can always change it back if things get strange. -- Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN bert@iphouse.com Bert Hyman wrote: > I know that deleting a userid and creating a new user with the same name ...

LIST OF "WINDOWS 7" NEWSGROUPS (Windows7, Win7)
Where is 'Windows7" Nesgroup? This question is being asked here (on microsoft.public.windows.vista.general): methodically, weekly (if not more often), so it became a "sticky note" everyone is tired of answering. Some of us feel that the question is repeated by people too lazy to Google or learn for themselves. Let's answer this question once & for ALL, only problem I can't make this Article a "sticky note" also (unlike the question - ironically), let's hope these people can SEARCH & LOCATE my answer, here it goes: *********************...

How does one create a custom Menu on the Menu Bar in Word 7?
It was quite simple in Word 2003 via Tools Customize. There is no Menu Bar in Word 2007, only the Ribbon, and the only customization permitted is of the QAT. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "kaoinla" <kaoinla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B9590384-4E4F-48BB-9764-4B360724D3AB@microsoft.com... > It was quite simple in Word 2003 via Tools Customize. > That's a bit sweeping? - http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Customize_Ribbon.htm and http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Cus...

Reference distribution for Transaction/General
I would like to see Great Plains offer more characters in the reference distribution when doing a JE. Or, to offer a reference distribution Line 2 as another option. My boss wants to see more information on the TB detail report, but we've used up the reference and the distribution reference for something else. If this is offered, I'd like to make sure that Integration Manager can support this. Thanks, -- V Who's Calling, Inc Financial Reporting Manager ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most vo...

Distribution list inconsistant
Hi, There is inconsistent to send out a email to distribution list. For an example, a user tried to send out DL-Staff then all staffs receive it and after 5 minutes, she sent out another email to same DL and no one receive it. Tested samller on distribution such as departmental and everything is OK and stable. I took a look on the server and CPU, disk i/o are very relaxed. I will be appreciated any information how approach should I trouble shoot this type of problem. Could it be memory leak? This is wild guess. Thank you in advance, Johnny Chow and, is it a universal DG o...

Routing Group Config
We originally had an Exchange 5.5 organization with 2 sites - London & Canberra. We migrated to Exchange 2000 & moved users to new servers at each site, basically by adding E2K servers at each site, then doing a mailbox move. We then upgraded both servers to Exchange 2003 Enterprise & have changed to native mode This has left us with 2 Administrative Groups (Canberra & London), each with a routing group containing the servers located at those sites. There is a routing group connector between Canberra & Sydney & the sites are connected by a VPN connection between firewa...

Automatic Watermark Distribution
I have a list of 25 people and I need to add there name as a watermark to the same Excel File for distribution. Can outlook do this automatically using their Email Address or name as it is listed in our internal directory? That would require writing VBA code to do whatever you want to the Excel = file and then create the email messages to distribute it.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers ...

Multiple GROUP BY in a SELECT
Hi I am trying to do something simple but failing. I am trying to get aggregate data with different conditions in a SQL query. That is, with a table date,fooA,fooB, I want to output rows containing year, average fooA (where fooB=1) average fooA (where fooB=2) average fooA (where fooB=3) group by year(date) The tests I need on fooB are rather more complex but this is essentially what I am after, but can't break it down into a single query. UNION merges rows from different queries and I want to merge columns! "Xmas" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message n...

Importing a distribution list into another distribution list
I am using Microsoft 2002 and wonder if I can import an existing distribution list into another existing distribution list? I am trying to avoid entering individual emails into an existing distribution list. I'd like to be able to import the entire list. Pat Speir <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am using Microsoft 2002 and wonder if I can import an > existing distribution list into another existing > distribution list? I am trying to avoid entering > individual emails into an existing distribution list. > I'd like to be able to import the ...

Distribution List Not Distribution
I'm Running Win 2003 SBS SP1 with Exchange SP2. Using a POP3 catchall email account with the ISP and the POP3 connector in exchange. Have created a Distribution List called info@domainname.com to distribute to two members. Sometimes I get the emails and he doesn't and sometimes he gets it a I don't. Then sometimes we both get it. But what is sure is that the SBS Fax service is setup to send to this info list. and only he gets them. The public store for the list always get them. Have tried delete list and recreating. Someone else is having the same problem with the ...

Excluding a distribution group in a query based distribution group
Anyone have any ideas on how to accomplish this? I'm having a little trouble wrapping my brain around this. Here's my scenario: I want to create a query based distribution list that sends an email to the entire organization except members of a certain distribution group and to a special users group (conference rooms and the like). The way it's setup now, the excluded users are in a security group - I'm thinking they need to be in a distribution group for this to work - but does that group need an email address for it to work? Then when creating the custom filter, what fiel...

negative numbers #7
When trying to enter a negative number, such as -1, excel changes it to 01. samr414 Wrote: > When trying to enter a negative number, such as -1, excel changes it t > 01. I have been trying to duplicate this situation and it just would no happen. Maybe, formatting your cell to GENERAL or NUMBER will help yo solve this -- BenjieLo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- BenjieLop's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1101 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31439 I XL does this wh...

Form Controls
Is there any way to make the group box borders invisible? I see a setting to not print, but I dont want them visible on scree either. I am using Excel 2002 SP2 Thanks in advance -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I don't think you can do this except via code. Hit alt-f11 to get to the VBE hit ctrl-G to see the immediate window type this in and hit enter: activesheet.groupboxes.visible = false This hides all the groupboxes on the activesheet. "MaryM <" wrote: > > Is there any way to make the group box borders invisible? > I see a setting to n...

restricting distribution group Help
Hopefully somebody can assist me finding out if there is a way to restrict in Exchange 2003 / Outlook from having users from replying to an e-mail they recieved from being a member of a distribution group. I restricted access who can send to a group but then once sombody recieves the email they are able to reply to the whole group and we want to restrict that feature. On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 20:11:01 -0700, Matt S <MattS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hopefully somebody can assist me finding out if there is a way to restrict in >Exchange 2003 / Outlook from having users from...

Is this news group still active?
Just checking to see if anyone reads\replies to messages .. My reader (Thunderbird) seems to have stopped recieving message after 8/10/05... Works fine with mine. V1.0.2 Rowan Prior rowanp <removethis> wrote: > Just checking to see if anyone reads\replies to messages .. My reader > (Thunderbird) seems to have stopped recieving message after 8/10/05... How very strange .. 30 seconds after posting my question, eveything updated ... yeah, I am happy to be back living in the here and now.. noyb wrote: > Works fine with mine. V1.0.2 > > Rowan Prior rowanp <removethi...

convert outlook 2003 distribution list to Exchange AD shared contact/list
I am still a newbie looking for a better way than using outlook distribution list. - allowing customizing the To address as Dear <FirstName> instead of the address would be a better way - reducing chance of being rated as spammer is also better ( in outlook, mail merge is good but tedious) what is the approach in exchange? to mass mailing to subscribers news? saving existing existing outlook distribution list to text and importing to exchange contact has the dis- advantge of scrambling the File As "gs" <gs@dontMail.telus> wrote: >I am still a newbie looking ...

Delegate can't see the user's contact list to create distribution
I have setup a user to be the delegate for her manager's contact list and she wants to add a distribution list to her manager's contacts but when she tries to add members to the distribution list she only sees her own contact list and the Global Address List. Our setup is Outlook 2007 with Exchange 2007. ...

What equation that i need to use to group in vba
Hi, I need to put group no in column 2 (each group contain 6 no), how to do in vba? Ex. Col A Column B 1 1 2 1 3 1 4 1 5 1 6 1 7 2 8 2 9 2 10 2 11 2 12 2 13 3 and continue.. Please help what equation that i need to use to get no in column B Thanks Bonsour� "geniusideas" a �crit > Hi, ...

Distribution list with CC
Is there a way to have a distribution list that has both To and CC addresses? Where an address or DL is placed is not a property of the address or DL. User does that at the time of composition. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Pencil" <pencil@unlisted.com> wrote in message news:Xns980C819F074DApencilunlistedcom@208.49.80.60... > Is there a way to have a distribution list that has both To and CC > addresses? > ...

DPM 2007 SP1: Modifying the protection group stops all jobs
Hi, the defaults for disk allocation of the SQL Server Protections are fare too small. If I how ever change these defaults while the jobs are running this stops current jobs. Is there a workaround? Thanks Adrian -- Adrian Miller This happens only for initial Replica creation job not later RecoveryPoint/synchronization jobs. But for Sharepoint data sources it forced to cancel the jobs. If you are observing a different behavior please let us know. There is no workaround exists for it. Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with n...

Exchange/Outlook 2003
In an effort to make sure we never reach the 16GB threshold for the SBS 2003 Exchange Info Store, I'm looking to setup a GPO to give everyone consistent AutoArchive settings as well as a common location for the PST file. I have already downloaded the Office Administrative Templates for Outlook 2003, so I already have found the settings I want to modify and have made the changes, I just haven't made them live on the domain yet. My thoughts to date: * create two GPOs, one for the PST location, one for the autoarchive settings themselves * set PST location to local drive, or common netw...

Conecting Access to SQL in Windows 7
I've got a program with a Microsoft Access "Front End" for forms, reports, queries, etc. That I am trying to move from having attached to an Access "Back end" to a SQL "Back End" database. I've put together some code that worked on my old Windows XP computer, but doesn't seem to work on my new Windows 7 computer. I've gone into the ODBC Connections screen through Administrative Tools in the Control Panel on the Windows 7 computer. I can setup the SQL connection there, it connects to the SQL Database, and tests successfully. For some ...