Displaying a disclaimer in all outgoing mail messages

Is there a simple way of attaching a <Text Body> Disclaimer to all outgoing SMTP mail messages with Exchange 200
I have seen a detailed Visual Basic set of instructions, which explain how it is possible to attach text to mail messages. Then right at the bottom of the article it says "Does not work with MAPI Clients eg Outlook" In a MS enviroment what other client would you be running! Other articles refer to adding another server to adjust the message format. This seems overly complicated. The final solution is to add it as a compulsory digital signature to the Outlook clients. Which is great until the disclaimer has to be changed due to legal reasons in a rush. We are running Exchange 2000 SP2 and XP sp1 clients with office XP. Could anyone help me please?

Russell K <russellspage@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Is there a simple way of attaching a <Text Body> Disclaimer to all outgoing SMTP mail messages with Exchange 2000
>I have seen a detailed Visual Basic set of instructions, which explain how it is possible to attach text to mail messages. Then right at the bottom of the article it says "Does not work with MAPI Clients eg Outlook" In a MS enviroment what other client would you be running! Other articles refer to adding another server to adjust the message format. This seems overly complicated. The final solution is to add it as a compulsory digital signature to the Outlook clients. Which is great until the disclaimer has to be changed due to legal reasons in a rush. We are running Exchange 2000 SP2 and XP sp1 clients with office XP. Could anyone help me please?

There are several solutions out there, from www.exclaimer.co.uk right
up through whatever anti spam package you're using since they all have
some "message checked by <package name here" type functionality as
well as other components.

Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP,
FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm
Blog: http://www.msexchange.me.uk
0
mark7219 (5666)
4/27/2004 2:06:51 PM
I did this first by simply changing our SMTP Antivirus
program that used to put "Certified Virus free..." at the
bottom of messages to our desired disclaimer.  A simple
registry change.  Only drawback was it had to be redone
after each upgrade to the AV product.  So to make it eaier
I just install IIS SMTP on a server that was Windows 2000
and added the EventSink like Microsoft recommends.  Then
pointed my Exchange outgoing SMTP to deliver to the middle
server.  Took about 10 minutes and works great.
0
anonymous (74722)

Message stuck in queue in Exchange 2003
I have two messages that are stuck in queue of ESM. ESM doesn't give me the option to delete these messages. The sender is blank if that helps. -- Eric Sabo NT Administrator Which queue? What is the status of the messages? -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "Sabo, Eric" <sabo_e@cup.edu> wrote in message news:%23BBIwBG3EHA.1300@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... >I have two messages that are stuck in queue of ESM. ESM doesn't give me >the option to delete these messages. The sender is blank if that helps. > > > > -- > Eric Sabo > NT Adm...

Office 2004 alert message
I get the following alert message shortly after opening Excel or Word (the only applications that I use): "An unexpected error occurred while trying to load the Microsoft Framework library" Then I can continue after acknowleding the alert, apparantly with no ill effects. I have used the "Remove Office Tool" to clean out any old files remaining (I've done this a couple of times), then reinstalled Office from the original CD, but this still happens. Hi Buster - Are you Repairing Disk Permissions (Disk Utility) after the install? -- HTH|:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office...

Dual Displays

Folder could not be displayed

Mail Merge: Label
Hi, we tried using Mail Merge to create labels. Everthing is fine, but the activity is only written to one account ? Is this a known issue ? Kind regards, Roland Pleli Hi, check the below article in MSCRM 4.0.In MSCRM 4.0, Resource center--> sales-------->Create mailing labels from a marketing list. "Roland Pleli" wrote: > Hi, > > we tried using Mail Merge to create labels. Everthing is fine, but the > activity is only written to one account ? > > Is this a known issue ? > > Kind regards, > > Roland Pleli > > > ...

Configure Outlook
Can ANYONE HELP ME, please? Question based on Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 on Lan. I send a message to receiver A and receiver A FORWARDS my message to receiver B, My Question is: How can I configure outlook from my workstation so that receiver B reads the e-mail without my email address and Name (My personal Particulars). To simplify: I do not want my e-mail address and Name to be included in the forwarded messages; E-mail originated from me. Thank you... RKP ...

Unknown recipient reply message
Where can I find it and change it ? I mean while receive a unknown.user@mydomain.com where to configure the auto reply message ? thx "DT" <daniel.tai@sonopress.com.hk> wrote: >Where can I find it and change it ? > >I mean while receive a unknown.user@mydomain.com > >where to configure the auto reply message ? > >thx > No dice without spending lots of money and engaging Microsoft Consulting. Soon, you will be able to wait for a 3rd party provider to sell a solution: http://blogs.msdn.com/exchange/archive/2004/04/20/117024.aspx Mark Arnold MCSA M...

Force mail to be junk mail to Exchange
Okay, using Exchange 2003 SP1, is there a way to force Exchange to consider mail to be Junk Mail. What I mean is this. Under the Intelligent Messaging System you can specify a threshold that forces mail to be moved to the Junk Mail folder of a user's mailbox (I assume by the server itself and not the mail client... please tell me if this assumption is wrong). What I would like to know is, is there something I can do to a message to ensure that Exchange sees it as junk mail I have Spam Filtering software that works with exchange but all it does is either add something to the subje...

How to select & display distinct values

"Send To" Mail Recepient sending to Netscape
I used to be able to right click on any file and select SEND TO and then the file would get sent to OL 2003 for delivery. Since I installed Netscape, however, the attachments are now being SENT TO Netscap email even though OL 2003 is selected as my default amil program. How can I get SEND TO to actually send attachments to OL 2003 instead of NS as it did before? Thanks! Verify it again in Control Panel-> Mail-> tab Programs If available; unselect in Netscape that it shouldn't be the default Start Outlook with the /checkclient command line switch -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-...

Display Time in Outlook

mail enabled public folder #2
I have created a public folder and mail enabled, I have also made sure that anonymous has contributor permission. However, I cannot send emails to this public folder from an external domain. Internal is OK, anyone have any ideas What's the text of the NDR? kevin wells wrote: > I have created a public folder and mail enabled, I have > also made sure that anonymous has contributor permission. > > However, I cannot send emails to this public folder from > an external domain. Internal is OK, > > anyone have any ideas "Default" must also have contri...

Microsoft Web Access E mail
This is a quirky problem that I hope someone can help me with. I am a remote home office in the NE and I work for a facility in NC. I receive and send my E mail through Microsoft Web Access Mail. So another words, I type www.xxxxxxx.net/outlook. I get a dialoge box, put in my username and password and up comes outlook. OK. The problem I have is that in the body where I type my e mail message I can not right click to do things like Copy and Paste. I click on the "right" mouse button and nothing happens at all. I simply can not right click. If I right click anywhere else on t...

PK and FK Displayed

Excel error message not understood
Has anyone ever gotten the error message "Too many different formats"? If so, what exactly does it mean and what can a user do about it? The following MSKB article has information on the error message: XL: Error Message: Too Many Different Cell Formats http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=213904 Jimbo wrote: > Has anyone ever gotten the error message "Too many > different formats"? If so, what exactly does it mean and > what can a user do about it? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Formulas are displayed, results are not

Stop displaying a line

How do you delete an outgoing message that is hanging the system
I've got Outlook 2000 and my wife sent a message from our home account to her office which has attachments, is huge, and is hanging up her home email now. How can I delete this outgoing message? I've tried deleting it normally. What can I do? Try opening the message from your Sent Items (restore it from your deleted items if you can), with the message open click on the Actions menu and choose Recall This Message, this might work. Otherwise, the only other possibility is to log on to your wife's e-mail using a web-based interface such as at www.mail2web.com or through y...

Pop3 & imap mail from exchange 2003 cannot be received on internet clients?
Hi, ive tried to allow some users on my exchange 2003 (sp2) server to be able to receive their mail via pop3 or imap on an nternet client like yahoo or mail.com. These users CAN receive the pop3 or imap mail on outlook inside their domain, but it will not work on the internet. Sometimes they receive a few messages and the session then terminates. Ive even seen some folders appear on the internet client and then terminate and say it can connect. Othertimes it wont connect at all. Ive even had a techie at one of the internet mail sites check out what was going on on their end andt they said ...

Outbound messages stuck in queue
I am having a problem sending messages through my Exchange server. When I check the Default SMTP queue, the queue shows a message waiting with a status of retry. Additionally, there are multiple other queues attempting to connect to domains to which I have not sent e-mail, all in a retry status. I am able to receive messages with no problem and also able to send messages if create a pop mail account in Outlook and I send through my ISP's SMTP server, so outside connectivity is achievable. How can I determine from where those additional queues (SPAM, I presume) are coming and why...

Display or not display series