Display name of mail enabled public folder

Hi,
  I have problems with the mail enabled public folder adresses.

     In the AD, there is "My Company" security group where there are
employers of the company, without any mail address.

    We have Public Folders\Unsorted folder, mail enabled, with address
company@company.com and company@company.local.

    If you send a message from Outlook 2007 to company@company.local it is
delivered into the Unsorted folder as it should.
    However, if you send a message to company@company.com it is translated
as "My Company" by outlook and rejected by server as undeliverable. How to
correct this?

    But the main problem is, that the mail in the public folder has
"Unsorted folder" as a recipient, how can I change it to display it either
"My Company" or just company@company.com?

     Thanks for any idea,
           Jan

0
miloush1 (64)

In news:eglLiQnWHHA.5092@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl,
Jan Kucera <miloush@community.nospam> typed:
> Hi,
>  I have problems with the mail enabled public folder adresses.
>
>     In the AD, there is "My Company" security group where there are
> employers of the company, without any mail address.
>
>    We have Public Folders\Unsorted folder, mail enabled, with address
> company@company.com and company@company.local.
>
>    If you send a message from Outlook 2007 to company@company.local
> it is delivered into the Unsorted folder as it should.
>    However, if you send a message to company@company.com it is
> translated as "My Company" by outlook and rejected by server as
> undeliverable. How to correct this?

Well, the first thing I'd ask is, why are you manually entering the SMTP
address in a new message rather than putting in whatever you've got set up
as the display name in the GAL (currently, Unsorted, but see below)?

That said, when you type in company@company.com exactly how does Outlook
'translate' that into "My Company" ...and does this happen with any other
client (pre-2007 Outlook, OWA, etc) ?

>    But the main problem is, that the mail in the public folder has
> "Unsorted folder" as a recipient, how can I change it to display it
> either "My Company" or just company@company.com?

In the properties of the public folder in ESM,in the General tab, you can
change the "Address list name" from being the folder name, to whatever you
like. This will become the display name, and is what the recipient name
should show in new mail.

>     Thanks for any idea,
>           Jan

0
lanwench (7567)
2/27/2007 2:35:38 PM
Thanks Lanwench. Well I forget to mention why does probably outlook
translate the company@company.com to "My Company", I have "My Company" as
alias for the Unsorted folder. So I guess one solution would be to rename
"My Company" security group to anything else... hm... any others?

Not every sender has access to GAL.

Jan

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> In news:eglLiQnWHHA.5092@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl,
> Jan Kucera <miloush@community.nospam> typed:
>> Hi,
>>  I have problems with the mail enabled public folder adresses.
>>
>>     In the AD, there is "My Company" security group where there are
>> employers of the company, without any mail address.
>>
>>    We have Public Folders\Unsorted folder, mail enabled, with address
>> company@company.com and company@company.local.
>>
>>    If you send a message from Outlook 2007 to company@company.local
>> it is delivered into the Unsorted folder as it should.
>>    However, if you send a message to company@company.com it is
>> translated as "My Company" by outlook and rejected by server as
>> undeliverable. How to correct this?
>
> Well, the first thing I'd ask is, why are you manually entering the SMTP
> address in a new message rather than putting in whatever you've got set up
> as the display name in the GAL (currently, Unsorted, but see below)?
>
> That said, when you type in company@company.com exactly how does Outlook
> 'translate' that into "My Company" ...and does this happen with any other
> client (pre-2007 Outlook, OWA, etc) ?
>
>>    But the main problem is, that the mail in the public folder has
>> "Unsorted folder" as a recipient, how can I change it to display it
>> either "My Company" or just company@company.com?
>
> In the properties of the public folder in ESM,in the General tab, you can
> change the "Address list name" from being the folder name, to whatever you
> like. This will become the display name, and is what the recipient name
> should show in new mail.
>

>>     Thanks for any idea,
>>           Jan

0
miloush1 (64)
2/27/2007 3:18:34 PM
In news:%23r1uPKoWHHA.5092@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl,
Jan Kucera <miloush@community.nospam> typed:
> Thanks Lanwench. Well I forget to mention why does probably outlook
> translate the company@company.com to "My Company", I have "My
> Company" as alias for the Unsorted folder.

Ah. Well, change that, then.

> So I guess one solution
> would be to rename "My Company" security group to anything else...
> hm... any others?

You could call it "All Users" or something, I guess. Or change the alias on
the public folder.

> Not every sender has access to GAL.

For external senders (who of course, wouldn't have any way to view the GAL)
it shouldn't be an issue as they'd use the SMTP address.

> Jan
>

> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> message news:ubSFUynWHHA.1200@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> In news:eglLiQnWHHA.5092@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl,
>> Jan Kucera <miloush@community.nospam> typed:
>>> Hi,
>>>  I have problems with the mail enabled public folder adresses.
>>>
>>>     In the AD, there is "My Company" security group where there are
>>> employers of the company, without any mail address.
>>>
>>>    We have Public Folders\Unsorted folder, mail enabled, with
>>> address company@company.com and company@company.local.
>>>
>>>    If you send a message from Outlook 2007 to company@company.local
>>> it is delivered into the Unsorted folder as it should.
>>>    However, if you send a message to company@company.com it is
>>> translated as "My Company" by outlook and rejected by server as
>>> undeliverable. How to correct this?
>>
>> Well, the first thing I'd ask is, why are you manually entering the
>> SMTP address in a new message rather than putting in whatever you've
>> got set up as the display name in the GAL (currently, Unsorted, but
>> see below)? That said, when you type in company@company.com exactly how
>> does
>> Outlook 'translate' that into "My Company" ...and does this happen
>> with any other client (pre-2007 Outlook, OWA, etc) ?
>>
>>>    But the main problem is, that the mail in the public folder has
>>> "Unsorted folder" as a recipient, how can I change it to display it
>>> either "My Company" or just company@company.com?
>>
>> In the properties of the public folder in ESM,in the General tab,
>> you can change the "Address list name" from being the folder name,
>> to whatever you like. This will become the display name, and is what
>> the recipient name should show in new mail.
>>

>>>     Thanks for any idea,
>>>           Jan

0
lanwench (7567)
2/27/2007 3:36:51 PM
Thank you for your replies, Lanwench.
 Just to explain, there are computers on the LAN which don't belong to the
domain. And secondly, I cannot control whether users enter e-mail addresses
or try to find any entry in the contact list (which they had never used)....
excluding the thing that I would have to explain to them that not only valid
e-mail address can be typed in the recipient field, of course.. ;-)))

Thanks for help.
     Jan

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> In news:%23r1uPKoWHHA.5092@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl,
> Jan Kucera <miloush@community.nospam> typed:
>> Thanks Lanwench. Well I forget to mention why does probably outlook
>> translate the company@company.com to "My Company", I have "My
>> Company" as alias for the Unsorted folder.
>
> Ah. Well, change that, then.
>
>> So I guess one solution
>> would be to rename "My Company" security group to anything else...
>> hm... any others?
>
> You could call it "All Users" or something, I guess. Or change the alias
> on the public folder.
>>
>> Not every sender has access to GAL.
>
> For external senders (who of course, wouldn't have any way to view the
> GAL) it shouldn't be an issue as they'd use the SMTP address.
>>
>> Jan
>>

>> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
>> <lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrote in
>> message news:ubSFUynWHHA.1200@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>> In news:eglLiQnWHHA.5092@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl,
>>> Jan Kucera <miloush@community.nospam> typed:

>>> Well, the first thing I'd ask is, why are you manually entering the
>>> SMTP address in a new message rather than putting in whatever you've
>>> got set up as the display name in the GAL (currently, Unsorted, but
>>> see below)? That said, when you type in company@company.com exactly how
>>> does
>>> Outlook 'translate' that into "My Company" ...and does this happen
>>> with any other client (pre-2007 Outlook, OWA, etc) ?

>>> In the properties of the public folder in ESM,in the General tab,
>>> you can change the "Address list name" from being the folder name,
>>> to whatever you like. This will become the display name, and is what
>>> the recipient name should show in new mail.

0
miloush1 (64)
2/27/2007 6:53:11 PM
In news:O3i%23KCqWHHA.4384@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl,
Jan Kucera <miloush@community.nospam> typed:
> Thank you for your replies, Lanwench.
> Just to explain, there are computers on the LAN which don't belong to
> the domain.

That doesn't matter, actually -

> And secondly, I cannot control whether users enter e-mail
> addresses or try to find any entry in the contact list (which they
> had never used).... excluding the thing that I would have to explain
> to them that not only valid e-mail address can be typed in the
> recipient field, of course.. ;-)))

Just change the alias to whatever you wish, or tell them how to send mail to
the foldr if they want it to be properly delivered.

> Thanks for help.
>     Jan
>

> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> message news:OE8IiUoWHHA.3972@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>> In news:%23r1uPKoWHHA.5092@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl,
>> Jan Kucera <miloush@community.nospam> typed:
>>> Thanks Lanwench. Well I forget to mention why does probably outlook
>>> translate the company@company.com to "My Company", I have "My
>>> Company" as alias for the Unsorted folder.
>>
>> Ah. Well, change that, then.
>>
>>> So I guess one solution
>>> would be to rename "My Company" security group to anything else...
>>> hm... any others?
>>
>> You could call it "All Users" or something, I guess. Or change the
>> alias on the public folder.
>>>
>>> Not every sender has access to GAL.
>>
>> For external senders (who of course, wouldn't have any way to view
>> the GAL) it shouldn't be an issue as they'd use the SMTP address.
>>>
>>> Jan
>>>

>>> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
>>> <lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrote in
>>> message news:ubSFUynWHHA.1200@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...

0
lanwench (7567)

Dual Displays

Define name box size too small for viewing large formulas
Hi, When we create a new name using insert and define name then if the formula is long it becomes difficult to view the whole formula. Also one is not able to use navigation buttons left,right here as if we do that then the formula gets modified. is there any way to see the whole formula. Like for creating ever expanding validation list using Debra's technique one uses offset etc but one is not able to view the whole big formula. Please guide me. Regards, Hari India Hi try hitting F2 while in this text box. After this you should be able to navigate within this box. -- Regards Frank ...

Mail Merge: Label
Hi, we tried using Mail Merge to create labels. Everthing is fine, but the activity is only written to one account ? Is this a known issue ? Kind regards, Roland Pleli Hi, check the below article in MSCRM 4.0.In MSCRM 4.0, Resource center--> sales-------->Create mailing labels from a marketing list. "Roland Pleli" wrote: > Hi, > > we tried using Mail Merge to create labels. Everthing is fine, but the > activity is only written to one account ? > > Is this a known issue ? > > Kind regards, > > Roland Pleli > > > ...

Folder could not be displayed

Configure Outlook
Can ANYONE HELP ME, please? Question based on Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 on Lan. I send a message to receiver A and receiver A FORWARDS my message to receiver B, My Question is: How can I configure outlook from my workstation so that receiver B reads the e-mail without my email address and Name (My personal Particulars). To simplify: I do not want my e-mail address and Name to be included in the forwarded messages; E-mail originated from me. Thank you... RKP ...

Outlook Name Suggestion Issue
I am working on a strange issue with name suggestion in Outlook 2k3 version. For some users when I type the alias for the first time it resolved the name. The next time I try to type few characters for the same user. it suggests me with the complete name but this time in the brackets <> the alias would be some starnge name with some numbers. This strange alias number does not existing in our organization nor the number that appears along with it appears in the User AD properties. Examples: First time I type the alias as: "nnair" and press Ctrl + K = It resolves...

Unable to open default folders #2
Mail was working fine until I tried to merge documents using to print labels. Now when I try to open out I get the message: Unable to open default e-mail folders.....do not have access to file xxx/xxx/outlook.pst How can I recover this file. It seems to have vanished. If you're using Windows 2000 or XP, the .PST file may be in a hidden or system folder. When searching for all .PST files, make sure you've enabled searching within hidden and system folders. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the new...

In nameing a sheet in Excel it puts a .xls] in front why?
Every time I go to name a sheet it puts an .xls] in front of it and I do not know why Did you try to put brackets around the name? -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "EZE" <EZE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C9045E70-AD04-4C91-B223-8851A0DFE55D@microsoft.com... > Every time I go to name a sheet it puts an .xls] in front of it and I do not > know why Remove the bracket or other illegal character(s) from the workbook name. In article <C9045E70-AD04-4C91-B223-8851A0DFE55D@microsoft.com>, EZE <EZE@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Display Time in Outlook

mail enabled public folder #2
I have created a public folder and mail enabled, I have also made sure that anonymous has contributor permission. However, I cannot send emails to this public folder from an external domain. Internal is OK, anyone have any ideas What's the text of the NDR? kevin wells wrote: > I have created a public folder and mail enabled, I have > also made sure that anonymous has contributor permission. > > However, I cannot send emails to this public folder from > an external domain. Internal is OK, > > anyone have any ideas "Default" must also have contri...

How to select & display distinct values

"Send To" Mail Recepient sending to Netscape
I used to be able to right click on any file and select SEND TO and then the file would get sent to OL 2003 for delivery. Since I installed Netscape, however, the attachments are now being SENT TO Netscap email even though OL 2003 is selected as my default amil program. How can I get SEND TO to actually send attachments to OL 2003 instead of NS as it did before? Thanks! Verify it again in Control Panel-> Mail-> tab Programs If available; unselect in Netscape that it shouldn't be the default Start Outlook with the /checkclient command line switch -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-...

Attachements and Size of Mails in Public Folder
Hello! I want to Import in my Public Folders some Mails (like a Archiv) Now I have some Mails with more than 10 MB. Now Exchange says to me "Maximum Size for Objects in Exchange reached" (A German message). What do I have to do to increase the ammount? I tried to increase the maximum of sendable mails -> no effekt I Tried Q235895 from microsoft - but i found the Administrative Groups not in my Exchange Manager (perhaps the German word known?) Greetings TNT ...

does anyone here actually use names?
hi, i am self learning about excel. i have came across NAMES topic. does anyone here actually use names? when r they usefull? i dont reall see a real need for them, especially in formulas. the only time i use name is for when i name a large block of data, so dont have to re-select the cells all the time. cheer -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com There are lot's of uses for named range and named constants etc. See the 2 links below http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/DynamicRanges.htm http://www.ozgrid.com/News/excel-named-ranges.htm#ExcelTips Posted via: http://www.ozgrid....

PK and FK Displayed

Microsoft Web Access E mail
This is a quirky problem that I hope someone can help me with. I am a remote home office in the NE and I work for a facility in NC. I receive and send my E mail through Microsoft Web Access Mail. So another words, I type www.xxxxxxx.net/outlook. I get a dialoge box, put in my username and password and up comes outlook. OK. The problem I have is that in the body where I type my e mail message I can not right click to do things like Copy and Paste. I click on the "right" mouse button and nothing happens at all. I simply can not right click. If I right click anywhere else on t...

Can you name points on a chart in excel?
Can you make points in excel show up as a certain name when you scroll over them with the mouse arrow? Hi see: http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/software/chart_hover_label/index%2020 040617.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "AP" <AP@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:FB0EC939-D8FC-4E3E-BD4C-2D3FE00883C9@microsoft.com... > Can you make points in excel show up as a certain name when you scroll over > them with the mouse arrow? Is there any way of doing it without downloading software? I an not allowed to do this at work. "Frank...

Open .eml mail with Outlook Express and modify header
How can I open a mail .eml with Outlook Express in XP Professional in modify mode? I try to open the mail and be able to insert the subject, body, an destination to Thanks!! "Javier" <jlmena(arroba)wanadoo.es> wrote in message news:uTG2OK9zIHA.872@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > How can I open a mail .eml with Outlook Express This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003/2007 from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate program despite the similar name. For help with your OE questions, try an OE newsgroup such as microsoft.publ...

Formulas are displayed, results are not

pivot table label adding "2" to the end of a label name
Hi, I have a pivot table and sometimes it adds a "2" to the end of a row lable ie. "joes pizza" is displayed as "joes pizza2". the sorce data certanly doesn't include the "2" and it seems like it is trying to tell me some thing ;). It might be hapening after i do a "replace command" in the source data (replace "sams pizza" with joes Pizza"). any one experienced this? Cheers, The only time I've seen this is when I had multiple headers with the same name. If I were you, I'd check once more--don't forget to c...

Stop displaying a line