Disclaimer using IMSEXT.DLL corrupting SMTP mail

I have installed IMSEXT.DLL and configured it to append a disclaimer to all
outbound messages (article 258206). In order to work for our POP clients, I
also set up the IMS to route all messages through the IS (article 238471).

It works fine for messages originating from Outlook clients.
Messages sent via SMTP from POP clients, or routed through the server via
Custom Recipients get corrupted. Attachments (MIME) also get messed up. The
simplest symptom to describe is that all text styling gets stripped.

I haven't been able to find any more information on supporting non-Outlook
clients with IMSEXT.DLL. I would appreciate hearing from anyone that has
experience with this, or any other suggestions.

Corrections are welcome, but I do believe your only option with
non-mapi clients is to add the disclaimer on the client side.
KB238471 isnt applicable to pop3, rather it simply forces messages
through the store.

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 13:49:08 -0800, "SCSI-sensei"
<scsi-sensei@nospam.com> wrote:

>I have installed IMSEXT.DLL and configured it to append a disclaimer to all
>outbound messages (article 258206). In order to work for our POP clients, I
>also set up the IMS to route all messages through the IS (article 238471).
>
>It works fine for messages originating from Outlook clients.
>Messages sent via SMTP from POP clients, or routed through the server via
>Custom Recipients get corrupted. Attachments (MIME) also get messed up. The
>simplest symptom to describe is that all text styling gets stripped.
>
>I haven't been able to find any more information on supporting non-Outlook
>clients with IMSEXT.DLL. I would appreciate hearing from anyone that has
>experience with this, or any other suggestions.

0
adavid (8731)
1/6/2005 12:27:56 AM
Since POP clients use the IMS to send via SMTP, the only way to append the
disclaimer is to force the IMS to route everything through the Store.

Even if I drop the disclaimer support for POP clients, I am still left with
the problem with Custom Recipients. I have some inbound mail that I need to
forward to external addresses. The imsext.dll is corrupting these messages so
I had to turn it off. Is there a way of bypassing imsext for non-outlook
sourced mail?

"Andy David - Exchange MVP" wrote:

> Corrections are welcome, but I do believe your only option with
> non-mapi clients is to add the disclaimer on the client side.
> KB238471 isnt applicable to pop3, rather it simply forces messages
> through the store.
>

> On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 13:49:08 -0800, "SCSI-sensei"
> <scsi-sensei@nospam.com> wrote:
>
> >I have installed IMSEXT.DLL and configured it to append a disclaimer to all
> >outbound messages (article 258206). In order to work for our POP clients, I
> >also set up the IMS to route all messages through the IS (article 238471).
> >
> >It works fine for messages originating from Outlook clients.
> >Messages sent via SMTP from POP clients, or routed through the server via
> >Custom Recipients get corrupted. Attachments (MIME) also get messed up. The
> >simplest symptom to describe is that all text styling gets stripped.
> >
> >I haven't been able to find any more information on supporting non-Outlook
> >clients with IMSEXT.DLL. I would appreciate hearing from anyone that has
> >experience with this, or any other suggestions.

Determine which mail is locking queue
Came in to work yesterday and exchange was not delivering mail... bummer. I determined the queue was all backed up. Message tracking showed (*from memory) that the messages were being submitted to the advanced queue but would continue no further. I the reboot the server, stop the smtp server when it's back up move and then move all messages in the queue folder to a new folder and start the smtp server. All is well. I stop smtp server, place some of the messages I moved back into the queue folder and start the server again. So on and so forth until messages stop being delivered aga...

how to disable yes/no prompt when mapi is used to send email
I am using compaq insight manager which has the abiolity to sent email alert via the mapi profile with outlook for XP. The problem is a warning pops up saying thisis a VB script and may be a virus sending this email. press yes or no to send. I need to disable this so the emails can be sent automatically. Any help would be appreciated. ...

Using OR in IIF statement
Hi I want to use OR in IIF statement as a condition in the query 'Quarterly' OR IIf([Sampler_loc].[monthID]=Month([tblnewone].[BDate]) AND WeekOfMonth2([tblnewone].[BDate])=1, 'monthly' OR 'Fortnightly','Weekly'))) But it gives me error at 'monthly' or 'Fortnightly' Actually I need 'quarterly' or 'monthly' or 'fortnightly' for same month and week 1 and 'quarterly' or 'weekly' for remaining weeks and same month. Can some provide solution to this. thanks Put ( ) around 'monthly' OR 'Fort...

Add a disclaimer #2
Hi: How can i add a disclaimer to every outgoing emails of my organization using exchange 2003. I tried this but it didn't work: http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;317327&spid=1760&sid=global ... any idea?? Thanks, Hugo "it didn't work" Did you want to troubleshoot your efforts with the event sink? Or hear about third party apps that have done the work for you? www.exclaimer.com www.policypatrol.com "Hugo" <hmt@imaginew.pt> wrote in message news:%23dlG$D9UGHA.2444@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi: > > How can i add a discla...

Probleme avec ouverture compte mail
Compte : 'XXXX, Serveur : 'pop.free.fr', Protocole : POP3, R�ponse du serveur : '-ERR internal server error', Port : 110, S�curis� (SSL) : Non, Erreur de serveur : 0x800CCC90, Num�ro d'erreur : 0x800CCC92 merci "Internal server error" can't be fixed from your end. Call your provider and let them know their mail server is broken. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "Philippe BEAUGENDRE" <philbeaug@free.fr> wrote in message = news:uypsmHBiKHA.4...

Error message when using rules wizard in Outlook 2000
I have looked around for a while but can't find an answer to this question. We've set up a mailbox to handle email requests, individuals within the organisation will monitor these mailboxes but I'd like to set an auto-reply email up to be sent to everyone who sends an email. When using the rules wizard, I choose Apply this rule after the message arrives Sent only to me Have server reply using a specific message And when I enter the details of the message, and try to save and close, I am told "You don't have appropriate permission to perform this operation" I have...

Sys Restore lost framedyn.dll
WIN XP Home Ed, SP2. Sys Restore msg: rstrui.exe: Unable to locate component framedyn.dll. The application has failed due to start because framedyn.dll was not found. Reinstalling the app might fix this problem". I ask "Reinstall what app?" I cannot use my original disk because the current version is later. I went to Safe Mode and restored to last working configuration; that did not work. On 19/9/06 02:35, in article 6652F482-D3D8-4ED2-BD03-DBF014215D43@microsoft.com, "gramma" <grammy@yahoo.comdonotspam> wrote: > WIN XP Home Ed, SP2. Sys Restore msg: r...

How can I call a static member function of class reside in DLL?
I implement singleton by using a static memeber function in my class. It compiled into DLL fine. When I call that function in my main appl I got compiler error error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static class CDebugStepDlg * __cdecl CDebugStepDlg::Instance(void)" (?Instance@CDebugStepDlg@@SAPAV1@XZ) What can the problem be? Can Anyone point to sample code for Singleton in DLL around? Thanks >I implement singleton by using a static memeber function in my class. It >compiled into DLL fine. >When I call that function in my main appl I got compiler error ...

mail enabling a public folder
I think this should be easy, but I can't figure out how to do it. I have a distribution group that is mail-enabled which receives automated emails. I would rather have that email end up in a public folder (rather than several mailboxes) where folks who want to see those messages can view them as required. Can I, mail enable that public folder and just add that address to the distribution group? If so, how do I mail enable the public folder? Thanks, Steve Did you try Google? http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=DKUS,DKUS:2006-36,DKUS:en&q=m...

Using MNY file on 2 different computers
Hi, How can I use my money file on two computers? I want to be able to have it on my home pc and my work pc but when I copy the .mny files and try to open it on my work pc, it ask me do I want to upgrade my files to v2005 and I am already running version 2005 on my home pc. Any ideas??? Money files are Money version-specific. In M05, they are now Money service-level-specific. "Anthony Boyd" <anthony@boydonline.us> wrote in message news:evwN5FO%23EHA.3820@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > How can I use my money file on two computers? I want to be able to have it > on m...

Using Vlookup in VBA
In excel I have created a user form, in which there is a label ("nonfincalcLabel"). I am trying to change the Caption of the label based on a calculation using Vlookup when a change is made to one of the comboboxes. The lookup table range is defined as "nonfinRange" in the worksheet "nonfinTable". When i try to run the code it says, Run-time error '1004': Unable to get the Vlookup property of the WorksheetFunction class. Below is my code, where am i going wrong? Private Sub defaulthistoryCombo_Change() Dim searchRange As Range Set searchRange...

Docking ToolBars Loaded by a DLL
Hello everyone! I'm Working on a dll that aims to add several toolbars in an existing mfc application. I would like to dock all of my toolbars but the only way to access to the Mdi frame window of the application is the handle. How can I dock my toolbar in the main application window ??? Thanx. Olivb. I dont know what you are asking. You can get the main window using AfxGetMainWnd will give you main window from another DLL. Typically you should make other DLL an MFC Extension DLL. This avoid use of AFX_MANAGE_STATE macros. The fact that you are in another DLL will not impact the...

Using Filter
I use filters very frequently and want to know some keyboard shortcu whereby the drop down list of filtered line comes automatically instea of using the mouse -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you are in the filter drop down cell, use ALT+DownArrow. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "vikesh >" <<vikesh.16rdsf@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:vikesh.16rdsf@excelforum-nospam.com... > I use filters very frequently and want to know some keyboard shortcut > whereby the ...

Populate Excel form using Access
I have a form created in Excel that must be filled out with 200 different sets of information to create 200 different forms. Is it possible to do this using an access database I create? I would like it to product the 200 forms all at once so I do not have to print them individually. "BML" <BML@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4A41E066-89D0-413E-B9C9-A4845AD80A86@microsoft.com... >I have a form created in Excel that must be filled out with 200 >different > sets of information to create 200 different forms. Is it possible to > do this ...

disclaimer
I recently migrated from 5.5 to 2000. I lost all my outgoing disclaimer messages ...how do you create it in 2000....where? thanks!! Best "free" solution is to download GFI Mail Essentials which allows you to keep using their disclaimer feature after the trial period expires. www.patrickrouse.com/exchange.htm#disclaimers Patrick Rouse Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server www.patrickrouse.com Our current Microsoft solution requires another server. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send ...

What file format to use?
I have a program that manages "notebooks". Imagine these notebooks to be like the 3 ring binders you would use for school or work to keep your paperwork in. The UI has a combobox to list existing notebooks, a listview to list each section and page of each notebook and a pane for the pages content and attachments like images or mp3 files. It is similar to One Note 2007 or 2010. The One Note mobile on my WM6.5 smartphone would be ok, but it is severely limited and I need to create my own notebook manager. The program has the following requirements for notebook storage: ...

'Send Using' missing in Outlook 2003
Hi, Our company wants to upgrade to Outlook 2003 from Outlook 2000. The major sticking point at the moment is that their is no 'Send Using' command in 2003 like there was in 2000. With 2003 you have to select which Account to send from 1st before hitting the send button. If our users forget this step then emails will be sent from the wrong dept etc. With Send Using it forces them to think and select the correct account to send from. Are there any addins that replicate this functionality in 2003? We really want the spam & security features of 2003 but can't upgrade til we...

Mailing Label printing
I have created several mailing labels using SQL Reporting services and am attempting to print them with a Intermec pd-41 label printer. Every time a report is Printed the size settings for the job changes to 1.5w 4h instead of the setting within Windosw of 1.5h 4w. I have changed and saved the settings on the printer in the printer settings via Windows. The end users for this product cannot be bothered to click properties every time they are printing a label. Has anybody else experienced this or know of a way to correct this. Within Visual Studio, look at the report properties w...

rename administrator account can't using smtp services
Dear all, i have a problem on ex2003, when i rename the "administrator" login to "roots". after install ex2003 is completed, however i did using pop3 server recevied email is ok, but when i try to send out email is not work, always prompt the password dialog box. i did using another account is work send out and recevied. Pls advise!!! I'm sorry, I don't understand your question. Perhaps if you asked it in your native language, someone could figure it out. "Stanley" <stanley@microosft.com> wrote in message news:eDMlPzLgGHA.4940@TK2MSFTNGP05....

RMS using Mercury Payment Systems
How do I configure RMS to use Mercury Payment Systems payment processing? "Fred" wrote: > How do I configure RMS to use Mercury Payment Systems payment processing? > > Use this link http://www.mercurypay.com/resources/RMSInstallGuidetpi.pdf It's the install guide pretty simple Thanks for your help. This looks pretty straight forward. But the links to the plugins don't work. "JereHurn@zeroedin" wrote: > > > "Fred" wrote: > > > How do I configure RMS to use Mercury Payment Systems payment processing? > > &g...

Mail Enabled Public Folder Error Message
Migrating from Exchange 5.5 to 2003 same Organization. Migrated my mailbox and all works OK. The only issue that I have is when I send a message to a mail enabled public folder. I get... testinbox on 6/29/2005 1:02 PM The message was undeliverable because the recipient specified has changed address permanently and forwarding was not applicable <server.domaincom #5.1.6> I tried moving the public folder to the 2003 server and still get the message. ...

How a MFC application call a generic method in C# dll?
We have an apllication in MFC. It needs call a generic mehod in a dll that is written in C#. How to do it? Thanks for any help. Haiping Maybe this article will give you some insight. Basically, you need a mixed-mode program that can have managed and unmanaged code. http://www.mastropaolo.com/2005/05/28/c-mixed-mode-applications/ Tom "Haiping" <Haiping@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D79BCD4F-42D2-4374-A753-652667F9BFE4@microsoft.com... > We have an apllication in MFC. It needs call a generic mehod in a dll that > is > written in C#. How to do...

Using the same formula throughout the spreadsheet.
***This is for Microsoft Works Spreadsheet. I couldn't find any other place to get help so I hope I can get some here.*** I am trying to track baseball stats using Microsoft Works Spreadsheet. I want to have a players' name in a row and in the same row, also have his statistics. For instance, Column A will contain a players' name. Column B will contain OBP. Column C will contain SLG. Column D will contain the sum of Column B and Column C. I know how to create the formula so that "Column B (OBP) + Column C (SLG) = Column D (OBP + SLG)". My problem is making th...

Client Server using TCP/IP
Hi there... I want to write a small utility. It should be front- and backend running on different machines. I don't want to handle error correction or timeouts by myself. Communication is TCP/IP. How could I easyly do the communication? CSocket or something else. Thanks in advance Stefan "Stefan Kittel" <stefan.doofnase.kittel.NoSpam@web.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:OFsMb9ijFHA.2644@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi there... > > I want to write a small utility. > It should be front- and backend running on different machines. > > I don't want to...

Using Excel Macros with Sharepoint Team Services
Has anyone encountered problems when viewing an Excel file with a large number of macros within STS? After the excel file is uploaded, not all of the macros work; however if you save the file to your workstation they work fine. Not sure if there are any limitations of STS and Excel. ...