Disclaimer using IMSEXT.DLL corrupting SMTP mail

I have installed IMSEXT.DLL and configured it to append a disclaimer to all
outbound messages (article 258206). In order to work for our POP clients, I
also set up the IMS to route all messages through the IS (article 238471).

It works fine for messages originating from Outlook clients.
Messages sent via SMTP from POP clients, or routed through the server via
Custom Recipients get corrupted. Attachments (MIME) also get messed up. The
simplest symptom to describe is that all text styling gets stripped.

I haven't been able to find any more information on supporting non-Outlook
clients with IMSEXT.DLL. I would appreciate hearing from anyone that has
experience with this, or any other suggestions.

Corrections are welcome, but I do believe your only option with
non-mapi clients is to add the disclaimer on the client side.
KB238471 isnt applicable to pop3, rather it simply forces messages
through the store.

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 13:49:08 -0800, "SCSI-sensei"
<scsi-sensei@nospam.com> wrote:

>I have installed IMSEXT.DLL and configured it to append a disclaimer to all
>outbound messages (article 258206). In order to work for our POP clients, I
>also set up the IMS to route all messages through the IS (article 238471).
>
>It works fine for messages originating from Outlook clients.
>Messages sent via SMTP from POP clients, or routed through the server via
>Custom Recipients get corrupted. Attachments (MIME) also get messed up. The
>simplest symptom to describe is that all text styling gets stripped.
>
>I haven't been able to find any more information on supporting non-Outlook
>clients with IMSEXT.DLL. I would appreciate hearing from anyone that has
>experience with this, or any other suggestions.

0
adavid (8731)
1/6/2005 12:27:56 AM
Since POP clients use the IMS to send via SMTP, the only way to append the
disclaimer is to force the IMS to route everything through the Store.

Even if I drop the disclaimer support for POP clients, I am still left with
the problem with Custom Recipients. I have some inbound mail that I need to
forward to external addresses. The imsext.dll is corrupting these messages so
I had to turn it off. Is there a way of bypassing imsext for non-outlook
sourced mail?

"Andy David - Exchange MVP" wrote:

> Corrections are welcome, but I do believe your only option with
> non-mapi clients is to add the disclaimer on the client side.
> KB238471 isnt applicable to pop3, rather it simply forces messages
> through the store.
>

> On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 13:49:08 -0800, "SCSI-sensei"
> <scsi-sensei@nospam.com> wrote:
>
> >I have installed IMSEXT.DLL and configured it to append a disclaimer to all
> >outbound messages (article 258206). In order to work for our POP clients, I
> >also set up the IMS to route all messages through the IS (article 238471).
> >
> >It works fine for messages originating from Outlook clients.
> >Messages sent via SMTP from POP clients, or routed through the server via
> >Custom Recipients get corrupted. Attachments (MIME) also get messed up. The
> >simplest symptom to describe is that all text styling gets stripped.
> >
> >I haven't been able to find any more information on supporting non-Outlook
> >clients with IMSEXT.DLL. I would appreciate hearing from anyone that has
> >experience with this, or any other suggestions.

Can't Select Mail Accounts in Itunes
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Sorry if this topic has been discussed. How do I sync my mail accounts with Entourage and my iPhone? The Mail Accounts do not show up in the iTunes INFO tab sync option and therefore I cannot select them. On 3/3/10 11:42 PM, kimitas@officeformac.com wrote: > Sorry if this topic has been discussed. How do I sync my mail > accounts with Entourage and my iPhone? The Mail Accounts do not show > up in the iTunes INFO tab sync option and therefore I cannot select > them. iTune...

Outbound Internet SMTP Mail Sits in Queue for long time.
I have just added an additional recipient policy to accomodate a second domain and I am receiving e-mails just fine from both domains. I am experiencing problems when sending e-mails outside of the organization. The mail will sit in the queue for a long time. If I reboot the server it seems to send the mail off. Any suggestions. I don't recall this being this way before I added the recipient policy. Thanks ...

Exchange in Child Domain
Hi I hope someone can provide me with some clarity on the following: I have installed a second Exchange server in a child domain of our parent (forest root) domain on a remote site, connected by a WAN/LAN link. Currently all servers are in the same routing group in the same organisation, and everything appears fine. The servers are all present and manageable in the Exchange System Manager and users on one mailbox server can email users on the other mailbox server no problem. (We are also going to install a Front-End for OWA access). We could configure a routing group between the sites...

e mail error, changes apostrophe to square
If I use an apostrophe, for example she's, using the default composing editor (word) when it goes to the outbox it changes the apostrophe to a square. Any help here? What message encoding are you using? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, ron asked: | If I use an apostrophe, for example she's, using the | default composing editor (word) when it ...

Using Remote Access within my own house??
I soon will have two XP computers, one in the basement and the main one on the second floor. Would it be possible to use the computer in the basement as the Remote Access user of the computer upstairs. This would avoid downloading files to the basment computer when I would really prefer them to be on the main compuer. It would mean that my outgoing email and news posts would all be in the same computer, the main one. I'm running DSL with a cable connection from the router to the main computer, and a wireless connect to the computer in the basement. I've never used...

Sorting a column by using formula #3
I am trying to use sort function just to delete blank cells in between Sort order doesn't matter actually. Data is coming by the use of simple cell reference of "another sheet -- Prais ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Praise's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1558 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27144 Hi you may use the following addin to filter out blank cells: http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Praise wrote: &g...

how to use Excel 2007 Sensitivity Analysis
could any help provide a sample excel worksheet with sensitivity analysis demo, including use of scenario manager to generate scenario summary. ...

Secure SMTP #2
Hello, I use Exchange 2003 and i create a simple virtual SMTP with user's authentification for my organisation. The trouble is that someone could be authentied but i could put a wrong name and email in the outlook parameter, so the mail could be send with the "director" 's email. Why Exchange couldn't do a simple link between the MAIL FROM and the authentified's user on this virtual smtp ?? Is there a way to program it with ESMTP ? Thanks for helping me ... Bye ! In news:OoOV7dCwFHA.3548@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl, Ouba <ouba974@mx.com> typed: > Hello, &...

use formula on external data range
Hi All, I've got a problem with data I read from a database. I wrote a VBA Sub in Excel 2007 with retrieves data via ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add() per OLEDB out of a database. This works fine and puts the data in the range beginning on cell "A8" Now my problem: I have a formula '=SUM(A8:A10) in cell "B1". This formula always comes out = 0, although there are values in the cells. But if I edit cell "A8" without changing the value (just the alignment changes) it is recognized and the formula shows = 1 What am I missing here ? Thanks ...

Using Invoice template: overriding formulae
I am having a problem when using the Excel 2000 Invoice template. Sometimes I enter text into the 'Quantity' column. Then Excel is unable to calculate the Total, in the blue shaded area. My question is: How do I override the formula calculation in the shaded area to simply enter the numbers and/or text of my choosing? WTIA Andrew Stucken -- Evil flourishes when good men do nothing. Don'y know how to override the original protectiion. Easiest would be to copy and paste into new sheet and use this to create your own template. Roger "Enigmaman" wrote: > I a...

Question re. use of animation rebuild VBA
Hello, I am preparing a interactive ppt for use at a kiosk and would like to utilize the following VBA code into a macro in order to rebuild animation on previously viewed slides: Sub ResetSlide() ' The number after GotoSlide is the slide number. SlideShowWindows(1).View.GotoSlide 1, msoTrue End Sub (Dumb) Q#1: Does the part of the code that says " ' The number after GotoSlide is the slide number." stay in the code or is that just an instruction to the code user? Either way, does the (number) need to be changed for each situation? Q...

All PIDS Used but need to re-install on new computer
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel We have a student edition with three installs already. However one of the Macs had to have a hard drive replaced due to failure and now we that we have re-installed we find that this PID is on conflict with the other ones. Apparently when I activated this re-install it used the same PID as one of the other installs. Our son (the student) has no idea wher his packaging. Is there a way to resolve this issue. it seems to me like Microsoft's activation is saying we activated too many installs? Rick Nash In article <5...

Unable to set up on-line account
Missage I get when I try to connect to an on-line bank. I checked my internet connection and it's working. I'm able to open IE browser within Money 2005. Please help. --------------------------- Microsoft Money --------------------------- Money cannot complete a required online call at this time. Please check your Internet connection settings and try again. --------------------------- OK Another reference to M05, what's going on? Bal wrote: > Missage I get when I try to connect to an on-line bank. > I checked my internet connection and it's working. I'...

Fail to load debug version of a DLL
Hi. I want to get some log messages from a DLL, so after the installation of the product I replace the release version of that DLL with its debug version. It's used during Widows authentication and first time it must be loaded by 'winlogon.exe'. After restarting machine an error occures presumably at the step of Windows authentication, stating, that the abovementioned DLL failed to load. I've checked the 2 versions of it (debug and release) with DependencyWalker, they both are dependent on the the same modules... So, the question is somewhat abstract: what are the main reasons...

Microsoft Web Access E mail
This is a quirky problem that I hope someone can help me with. I am a remote home office in the NE and I work for a facility in NC. I receive and send my E mail through Microsoft Web Access Mail. So another words, I type www.xxxxxxx.net/outlook. I get a dialoge box, put in my username and password and up comes outlook. OK. The problem I have is that in the body where I type my e mail message I can not right click to do things like Copy and Paste. I click on the "right" mouse button and nothing happens at all. I simply can not right click. If I right click anywhere else on t...

using option buttons #2
sorry im a bit of a noob, what do you mean by frame? :confused -- 4nd ----------------------------------------------------------------------- 4ndy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1494 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26576 When you're designing the userform inside the VBE, you'll see an icon on the toolbox toolbar that looks like an outline of a frame with xyz in the top border. If you let your cursor linger over the icon, you'll see Frame as the tooltip. If you put your optionbuttons within that...

To Find Mail Box names in Exchange Server
Hi all, I would like to find the list of mailboxes in our exchange server. Is there any way to find the mailbox name list using Extended MAPI or should i go for any other API. Any suggestions on this will be highly appreciated. Thanx in advance, Regards, deena Single server? Easiest way would be to export list from Exchange System Manager. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- <tsgd84@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1156427829.128690.229380@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... ...

Milo: Using Fp2003 to allow people to add an Outlook Calendar ite
Have looked around a lot on the net and can't find a clear answer to something I hope is simple. I'm the webmaster (FrontPage 2003) for a small non-profit. They asked if there were any way to put an "Add to my Outlook Calendar" link next to new events we post. I was able to create an .ics (iCalendar) file and add that to the site, but when I link to it, Firefox just opens it as text and IE just puts it in an obscure folder (C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\iMacros\Downloads) so neither actually added it to Outlook. I'm not loyal to doing t...

using office for different login users
Hi I'm new to Mac and would appreciate any help. I have installed office using 1 user a/c and when I login to another user a/c , I could not see the office programs. I found an earlier thread on this and the answer was to install office on the root application folder instead of the user application folder. reason being all programs installed in root application folder wil be available to all users. How do I check where I have installed it ? If i have installed it in the user application folder , do I have to uninstall ? When I install the office, I don't recall the s/w asking me whe...

Promote E-mail to CRM Activity
Anyone have run into the following problem? E-mail with a URL in the body of a message is promoted to a CRM activity and the hyperlink to the URL is lost. ...

Money05-using on laptop/no floppy=no backup?
how can i backup money when it wont let me change the floppy default? it wont even let me backup on current hd. any one know what i can do?TIA bill In microsoft.public.money, BillH wrote: >how can i backup money when it wont let me change the floppy default? it >wont even let me backup on current hd. any one know what i can do?TIA eye wood yous uh USB flash drive. Can you use the floppy otherwise ? ( Really just checking what type of user are you: Admin, guest etc ? as it sounds like you are locked down and can't write) "Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@ple...

Unable to edit OWA e-mail body
Hello. When I'm using Outlook Web Access, I can't edit the body of any e-mails. I can read and open messages, but if I try to reply, or forward, or even create a new e-mail, I can't type into the body. The body appears with an image placeholder. I can edit the other fields, like subject, to, cc, all fine. Can anyone help?? Thanks! --Matt ...

View Access 2007 using 2003 version
I know MS has a fix to open Excel, Word, and PP using Office 2003 that was created using the MS Office 2007 product. But do they have something to do the same for Access? I'm betting that a Access 2007 can be saved down to 2003 but I'd rather not do that. On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 12:13:04 -0800, TX - CAP <TXCAP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: No. But there is a free runtime version of Access 2007 that may suit your needs. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=D9AE78D9-9DC6-4B38-9FA6-2C745A175AED&displaylang=en -Tom. >I know MS has a fix to open Ex...

Mail Rule for deleting attachments
Using Outlook 2000 I've been trying to find information on a way to remove attachments from copies of email. I have outlook setup to move copies of messages into certain folders, but I don't want all the attachments due to file sizes and storage space available. The ideal situation would be to have the attachment moved into a single folder, and then any copies of the message would point to the storage location. At the very least, I would like to have the original message keep the attachment and the copies moved to other folders without it. ...

E-mailing publications in publisher
HELP! I want to save publisher files in a JPEG format to be able to e-mail flyers, for example, to my clients. Wayne <Wayne@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > HELP! I want to save publisher files in a JPEG format to be able to > e-mail flyers, for example, to my clients. Why not use PDF? There are free converters online, e.g. at www.primiopdf.com. Publisher 2002 has a low-res Save as JPEG, Publisher 2003 a high-res one. And then there's SnagIt - JoAnn posted a tutorial a few weeks ago in the subject line "How to send a multipage newslett...