Disclaimer #14

Hi,

I have an environment of Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise Edition with 1
front end and 1 back end (in cluster mode Active/Pasive)

I find this link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/317680/en-us (How to add a
disclaimer to outgoing SMTP messages in Visual Basic script) to add a
disclaimer to outgoing SMTP e-mail messages.

I try with this but it doesn't work.  Somebody knows what could be happening?

--
Rosita Andrade

On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 07:22:02 -0700, Rosita Andrade
<RositaAndrade@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have an environment of Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise Edition with 1
>front end and 1 back end (in cluster mode Active/Pasive)
>
>I find this link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/317680/en-us (How to add a
>disclaimer to outgoing SMTP messages in Visual Basic script) to add a
>disclaimer to outgoing SMTP e-mail messages.
>
>I try with this but it doesn't work.  Somebody knows what could be happening?

You could be using Outlook. If that's the case then you're wasting
your time because it doesn't work.
www.exclaimer.co.uk is your best bet.
Anti spam solutions often do this as well, if you use one.
0
mark7219 (5666)
4/19/2007 2:42:08 PM
The disclaimer in the article is implemented as an SMTP Transport Event
Sink.  If the message is in MAPI format (submitted by an Outlook client) and
content conversion has not occured, then it won't fire.  You can force
content conversion by routing through a second smtp virual server, but the
whole process is very inefficient.  You'd be a lot better off with a third
party product.  Perhaps your spam filer or AV software has the capability to
add a disclaimer already.  If not, you may want to check out GFI
mailessentials.

"Rosita Andrade" <RositaAndrade@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have an environment of Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise Edition with 1
> front end and 1 back end (in cluster mode Active/Pasive)
>
> I find this link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/317680/en-us (How to add
> disclaimer to outgoing SMTP messages in Visual Basic script) to add a
> disclaimer to outgoing SMTP e-mail messages.
>
> I try with this but it doesn't work.  Somebody knows what could be
> happening?
>
> --
> Rosita Andrade

0
John

Add a disclaimer #2
Hi: How can i add a disclaimer to every outgoing emails of my organization using exchange 2003. I tried this but it didn't work: http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;317327&spid=1760&sid=global ... any idea?? Thanks, Hugo "it didn't work" Did you want to troubleshoot your efforts with the event sink? Or hear about third party apps that have done the work for you? www.exclaimer.com www.policypatrol.com "Hugo" <hmt@imaginew.pt> wrote in message news:%23dlG$D9UGHA.2444@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi: > > How can i add a discla...

disclaimer
I recently migrated from 5.5 to 2000. I lost all my outgoing disclaimer messages ...how do you create it in 2000....where? thanks!! Best "free" solution is to download GFI Mail Essentials which allows you to keep using their disclaimer feature after the trial period expires. www.patrickrouse.com/exchange.htm#disclaimers Patrick Rouse Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server www.patrickrouse.com Our current Microsoft solution requires another server. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send ...

Simple hack to get $500 to your home at http://easywaytolife.tk Due to high security risks,i have hidden the cheque link in an image. in that website on top side above search box, click on image and enter your name and address where you want to receive your cheque. please don,t tell to anyone. ...

newsgroups #14
Somehow, my outlook2003 does not have the "news" or "newsgroups" in the standard listing so I can move it to the menu bar (under the "GO" menu pick). Is there a way I can get to newsgroups other or do I have to re-install outlook2003 and lose all my email files? Help please. xnman If I remember correctly, this is how I fixed that on my computer. In Internet Explorer, select Tools, Internet Options, Programs tab, and set Outlook Express to be your News Reader. Click Apply, OK. Then re-open Outlook. The news option should be there under the Go menu. When you ...

Customizing Outlook Today #14
I am running XP and am unable to customize my Outlook Today. When I click on "Customize Outlook Today" it does nothing. No error message no nothing. It did work at one point in time but I cannot pin point when it stopped working. Thank you "Renee" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01ba01c3db8a$23cd4210$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I am running XP and am unable to customize my Outlook > Today. When I click on "Customize Outlook Today" it does > nothing. No error message no nothing. > > It did work at one point in ti...

Disclaimer editing
Hey, does anyone know if it is possible to edit and add color and spacing (other than indenting) to the disclaimers that can be adding using registry entries in NT 4.0 for Exchange 5.5. XFOR: Installing Internet Mail Service Extension Imsext.dll ID: 258206 You might try to put the regkey in as an html format and see if it goes out - then the client should handle the rest. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script ...

outlook disclaimer
our office email hosting company cannot provide add disclaimer message services for all send out mail . But now we need setup. I want to know any suggestion or solution for setup disclaimer for every user outlook. I have tried go to each user computer apply the disclaimer , but not good... please advice. Thanks if you can't do it on the exchange you need to do it as a signature. You can use a logon script to place the disclaimer signature in the signature folder. But you may need to have the users select the signature file. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http...

Displaying a disclaimer in all outgoing mail messages
Is there a simple way of attaching a <Text Body> Disclaimer to all outgoing SMTP mail messages with Exchange 200 I have seen a detailed Visual Basic set of instructions, which explain how it is possible to attach text to mail messages. Then right at the bottom of the article it says "Does not work with MAPI Clients eg Outlook" In a MS enviroment what other client would you be running! Other articles refer to adding another server to adjust the message format. This seems overly complicated. The final solution is to add it as a compulsory digital signature to the Outlook clients....

Add Disclaimer?
Anyone know of a way to add a disclainer to each outgoing email without using a 3rd party program? Using Exchange 2003............ -- J.B. A+, MCP, MCSE In news:%23LCNaZfSHHA.1228@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl, jb <jb@nooakknoll.org> typed: > Anyone know of a way to add a disclainer to each outgoing email > without using a 3rd party program? Using Exchange 2003............ See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/317327 OK - so no way to do this "natively" using Outlook without creating SMTP connectors and the like.....thanks "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" <lan...

Comments #14
Excel XP and Windows XP. I have been given this computer by my nephew. All new comments are attributed to him rather than me. Where do I go to change this? ~~~~~~ TIA Gerry ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Stourport, Worcs, England Enquire, plan and execute. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Choose Tools > Options On the General tab, put your name in the User Name box, then click OK Gerry Cornell wrote: > Excel XP and Windows XP. I have been given this computer by my nephew. All > new comments are > attributed to him rather than me. Where do I go to change this? -- Debra Dalglei...

disclaimer message
Is there anyway to put a disclaimer message on all outgoing messages in exchange 2003 or will I have to buy software to do it? On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 10:03:39 -0800, gmckinley <gmckinley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there anyway to put a disclaimer message on all outgoing messages in >exchange 2003 or will I have to buy software to do it? There is a way but it doesn't work in a huge number of cases. Best to go to www.exclaimer.co.uk and shell out for it. I second Mark's comments. I can personally recommend Exclaimer also. Sergio "Mark Arnold [MVP]" ...

outgoing disclaimer
how to add a disclaimer to outgoing email on exchange 2003? http://www.exclaimer.com/ is probably one of the better ways. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP http://www.msexchange.org/Neil_Hobson/ "Onsi" <Onsi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:716E8413-DCCE-4FD4-ABE0-D2A6A9573585@microsoft.com... > how to add a disclaimer to outgoing email on exchange 2003? www.exclaimer.com "Onsi" <Onsi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:716E8413-DCCE-4FD4-ABE0-D2A6A9573585@microsoft.com... > how to add a disclaimer to outgoing email on e...

Disclaimer with attachments
Dear, I want to change the disclaimer alert on my outlook when I'm using: file --> right click --> Send to --> Mail Recipient.. --------------------------------- The message is ready to be sent with the following file or link attachments: scsadmn Note: To protect against computer viruses, e-mail programs may prevent sending or receiving certain types of file attachments. Check your e-mail security settings to determine how attachments are handled. --------------------------------------------------- Thanks in advance, Nelson you can't change it but you ...

PDF file #14

error message #14
I am trying to open my Money program, version 5.0 and am getting an error message that reads "One or more entries could not be written to registry" What can I do to fix this problem and what might be causing it! I am able to get into the program after clicking the cancel button and continuing with "My Money Account" Thanks! Allen ...

Separate Disclaimer
Due to a new law, our tax department has to have a specific disclaimer on their outgoing emails. We currently have a disclaimer that goes on all outgoing mail, this would be an additional disclaimer to that. Short of having the users change their Outlook signature to reflect the new disclaimer, is there a way to set up just one group of users to have a specific disclaimer message than the rest of the firm? We're using Exchange 2000 SP3 and Windows 2000 Server SP4. Thanks in advance for your help. Doreen On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 09:48:49 -0400, "Doreen" <doreen@doreenis...

Editing the Registry for a Disclaimer
In Exchange 2003, is there a way you can edit the registry to add a Disclaimer to the bottom of every email that gets sent out externally or internally?? If so, is there a link that gives you instructions on how to do it?? Thanks, Greg There's always this: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=317327 Or 3rd party solutions: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/content_control.htm -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "gkrasnoff" <gkras19@aol.com> wrote in message news:C7983B6C-D443-44D6-8A58-1C1033917241@micros...

Disclaimer #7
Sir, In our Organisationn we are using Exchange 2003 and We have published Exchange2003 in ISA 2004. Mail Receive via ISA 2000. In Exchange 2003, we have add Disclaimer using Visual Basic coding given by Microsoft. Added Disclaimer is not working. I hereby mentioned the link http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-s;317327&Product=exch2003 How to solve this issue? How to Add the Disclaimer Thanks and Regards Sathish Kumar On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 00:39:03 -0700, sathish kumar nair <sathishkumarnair@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Sir, > >In our Organisati...

Customise Disclaimer
Hello, Is it possible to add the recipients name in a disclaimer when utilising an event sink script. I currently running 2000 server/2000 exchange and recently add a disclaimer to all outgoing SMTP traffic. Below is part of the disclaimer and I’m looking to add the intended recipients name within the square brackets. Can the script be manipulated to pull the recipients name from the header and add it in the desired location? Disclaimer: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of [recipient’s name]. If you are not the intended re...

Newsgroups 12-14-09
When attending groups I can not see my own postings. I know my postings are shown in the group as they are commented by other partissipants. Also I experience that some of the other posters are not "shown" to me. Would appreaciate if anyone has a hint of my possible wrongdoing. tnx "FredT" <FredT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F80DD428-D759-4EF2-90C9-4BC4F3CAB9D5@microsoft.com... > When attending groups I can not see my own postings. I know my postings > are > shown in the group as they are commented by other part...

How to add disclaimer
I need to know how to add an e-mail disclaimer to all mail accounts for out going mail for every user. We have exchange 2003 enterprise server but I'm having trouble locating where to put the disclaimer. Thanks for any help you can give on this. 123456789qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm "pain112" <pain112@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2952C4AD-8096-4700-8E01-050F0972C39E@microsoft.com... > I need to know how to add an e-mail disclaimer to all mail accounts for out > going mail for every user. > We have exchange 2003 enterprise server but I'm ha...

Duplicate emails #14
Running Exch 2003 Outlook 2003 client. Some users receive duplicate emails from internal users. The sender sends one message or reply to the recipient, and the recipient recives 2 emails on the same message Has any one ran into this issue... Any info would be appreciated. Thanks Steven I am having the same problem and came across this: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;212934&Product=out2K It doesn't provide an answer but sounds like what is happening to me. The mail that gets duplicate for me is filtered into a second inbox folder I created for "...

Union Query 12-14-07
Hello ..What I am trying to do. I am creating a Union query from several tables. Some of the tables referred to in the UNION Clause are missing some of the fields that are present in the SELECT clause, so I am generating dummy field names so that the UNION Query will work. The UNION query works fine and the data output is correct as far as I know, but the "Enter Parameter Value" dialog opens for every missing field everytime I run the query. What I need help with is: Is there a way make Access NOT display the "Enter Parameter Value" dialog when I run a Union Qu...

Company Signatures/Disclaimers
Hi all My boss has asked me to look into the requirement for signatures/company details in corporate email. Can anyone point me to links on UK requirements for this please? The emails we receive do not seem to follow any particular format. Some have no sign off whatsoever, some have the senders life story and entire company history! TIA Phil On Tue, 6 Mar 2007 08:41:48 -0000, "TheScullster" <phil@dropthespam.com> wrote: >Hi all > >My boss has asked me to look into the requirement for signatures/company >details in corporate email. >Can anyone point me ...

Email Disclaimers
What is the easiest way to add a disclaimer to the bottom of every email sent out of the system? Can we do this directly in Exchange 2003 or do we need to purchase a third party add on? Even with E2K3, third party or you can write your own event sinks. Ease is relative...a developer might see it as an easy challenge. Good luck. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. "Dave Francis" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F44ED4F6-6...