Disappearing calendar items.

Having problems with meetings dissappearing from a user's mailbox.  Here is
the setup:

Exchange 2003 Std SP2
clients: Outlook 2003 SP2 with all updates

User "Assistant" has full access to user "Manager" (including Send As &
Receive As rights, excluding Send on Behalf).  Assistant has added Manager's
mailbox to her Outlook profile as an additional mailbox.

When Manager receives a meeting request, Assistant goes into Manager's Inbox
and accepts it.  The meeting is displayed in the correct date and time in
Manager's Calendar.  Here's where the problem occurs:  if the meeting is
changed and a meeting change is sent to Manager, Assistant accepts the change
BUT the meeting disappears from Manager's calendar.

To make things worse, this problem is intermittent.  Sometimes the meeting
disappears after it has been changed a couple of times, sometimes it
disappears after the first change.

One more thing to point out is that Manager also has a Blackberry and a BES
server is used to sync his email and calendar.  Manager has assured me he
doesn't delete any meeting requests and Assistant has the responsibility of
managing meetings.  Since this is so intermittent, I'm not sure what to blame
it on - Exchange Server or Blackberry?

Btw I've read the following KB article:
XADM: Calendar Items Disappear from User's Folders
(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299046/en-us)

Any insight greatly appreciated,
Steve.
0
Steve3367 (862)

sync calendar with pda
I have a user that directs all his mail to a personal folder on a laptop. The user uses the calendar on server though so the secretary can keep his calendar up to date. When the user syncs the PDA it picks up the calendar in the personal folders not from the server. Is there a way to let him have his cake and eat it too? Larry larry bowerman wrote: > I have a user that directs all his mail to a personal > folder on a laptop. The user uses the calendar on server > though so the secretary can keep his calendar up to date. > > When the user syncs the PDA it picks up t...

Import calendar data into main calendar
How can you export contents of a public folder containing a calendar into a users root calendar on the Exchange server? Everytime i import it creates a sub calendar under the users main calendar. Bobba77 Select the "By category" view, select all the items, and drag-and-drop them into the user's calendar. "Bobba77" <Bobba77@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:237B84A8-A391-4C7C-858A-98CAD38478E4@microsoft.com... > How can you export contents of a public folder containing a calendar into > a > users root calendar on the Exchange server?...

How do I link calendars so info is shared on each calendar
I have access (some I can edit, other I view only) to several shared calendars, how can I set up their calendar so that each person who owns a calendar that enters in an appoitnment so that it automically links their appointment to my calendar, so that I can see on my calendar what each persons schedule is, without having to manually enter in each appointment onto my claendar? Version of Outlook? How are you sharing the calendars? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ ...

exchange 2000 used just for calendar, contacts?
Have a client who switch from an exchange 2000 email system to a web hosted POP/SMTP email system. They need to keep exchange for the purpose of contacts and shared calendaring. Is there a way to shut off the email functionality of Exchange but still use the calendars and contacts? -- jgarcia ...

Calendar in Publisher #2
I need a calendar that starts the week with a monday..... can anyone tell me if one is in the program......if not how do I modify it thanks margaret wrote: >I need a calendar that starts the week with a monday..... > can anyone tell me if one is in the program......if not > how do I modify it thanks =================================== If you are using Pub 2000 or Pub2003... (Doesn't work for Pub2002) You can go to Control Panel / Regional and Language Options... English (United States)...will start your calendars on Sunday. English (United Kingdom)...will start your calendars ...

Multiple Calendar default
In Outlook 2003, is there a way to open multiple calendars by default? I have both private and company public calendars on an exchange server. When I click on calendar my private one opens up, then I have to click on my companies public calendar so I can see both at one time. Is there a way to set this as a default? Saving the current view does nothing. Thanks much! imtaller ...

Calendar failure
After running the Inbox Repair tool, my installation of Outlook 2003 went haywire. The most annoying thing that happened is that it changed all of my annual events and all of my recurring events into reminders, which pop up every time I start up Outlook (97 of them!). I dismiss them all and go on with my business, but the program is obviously not as useful for me as it once was. I have a backup PST file that contains all the correct calendar data. It occurs to me that I ought to delete all of the reminders from my current installation and import the calendar data from the backup PST, but I ...

Combined Items on a Receipt
Anyone have a way to combine items on a full page receipt?? I have the cashiers scan each item to try to prevent counting mistakes but there may be 20 of some items so the receipts may be 6-8... pages long. My previous POS combined all the items at the end. Hi proevo, You can write a hook to do this. Noe "proevo" wrote: > Anyone have a way to combine items on a full page receipt?? I have the > cashiers scan each item to try to prevent counting mistakes but there may be > 20 of some items so the receipts may be 6-8... pages long. My previous POS > combined all...

counting identical items in a column and returning the occurrences
I use excell 2000. I have one column with 700 rows. In each cell is one number, either a 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5. In the second column I have five rows, each with one number in increasing order: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. Next to the numbers 0-5 (in column three) I want the total number of occurances for each number in column one. So out of the 700 rows, if the number 2 occurred 230 times, I want the number 230 to show in column 3 to correspond to the number 2 in column two. Any ideas? Try this: In C1 (to count the zeros) =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$701,"0") In C2 (to count the 1s): ...

2011
I'm looking for a calendar template for 2011 - 2012 for powerpoint 2003 ...

Signature logo disappears on reply
I'm finding that with multiple versions of Outlook, a logo used in the signature disappears when included on a reply/forward. Does anyone know a fix for this? Thanks ...

Folders Are Disappearing !
I have several (Outlook 2007) folders and various rules directing certain emails to certain folders. But some of those folders magically disappear and my rules become useless because everything goes into one folder (inbox). Anyone know why this happens, and what to do about it ? The rules would not work if the folders are not there to move the files (emails) into them, so that part is understable. We just need to address why the folders are disappearing and how to prevent it. I need some clarification on where these folders are located. Are they sub-folders of Personal Folder. I hav...

Menu Item is disabled
Hey ! Here is my problem. I have created SDI (MFC) app and used CSplitterWnd to split window to the left and right sides. In the left side is DialogForm (CFormView) with some slider controls, on the right side is DC prepared for drawing using OpenGL. So far everything works fine, but... I have also created menu item ("Show Cube with Edges"). The problem is: if I click on leftside (Slider), the menu item becomes disabled. Then I click on rightside (OpenGL DC) and menu item is enabled. So it depends on focus. Why is this happening? How to solve the problem? Thanks, Damjan &g...

How to get the last scanned or entered item lookup code?
I am working on an RMS AddOn that requires me to catch whenever an item is not found in the database and search for it on an external database. Is there a way to do this in a Hook? For now, I am using the RefreshDisplay Hook to catch any change in the display. But I cannot find any variable that hold the last entered ItemLookupCode, even if the item is not found in the database. Any help is appreciated. You have a big problem. To do what you want, you would essentially have to write your own POS interface. You need to capture the scan *before* RMS decides to throw it away as not foun...

Contacts Disappearing.
Everytime one of our employees enter a new contact or update a current contact. Some of them disappears or the update does not take place. Thanks I'd first copy them all to a pst so you don't lose anymore. Import them into a test mailbox and see if it has the same issue. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm "...

removing deleted items
Running exchange 2003 on server 2003 I would like to immediately delete users deleted items. Is there a place in System Manager where you can immediately set this. Also I am looking for the area where I select the time that my sytem policicies run? Thanks Mark wrote: > Running exchange 2003 on server 2003 I would like to immediately > delete users deleted items. Is there a place in System Manager where > you can immediately set this. Also I am looking for the area where I > select the time that my sytem policicies run? > > Thanks See if http://support.microsoft.c...

Disappearing Menu Items
I added News to the Go menu of Outlook 2003 as described in the help files. This worked fine for a few days but then it disappeared from the menu list. Even worse it isn't in the Customise options any more so I can't add it again. Now I can only access News groups by starting Outlook Express directly. Anyone know how to add it to the menu items again please? To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch...

How to delete an Item already used in the canceled PO
An Item is added to the Inventory by mistake. Unfortunately, a PO is also created intended to purchase the item; however, the PO is canceled. I tried to delete it in the Inventory Maintenance but the error says it is used in the purchase order. I've narrowed down the Item are now in POP10100 & POP10110 and plan to use SQL to delete (unlink) it first and try to delete it again in the IM. Are there any better way to do this? Your help is apprciated. Thong, Under Tools>Routines>Purchasing, move the canceled PO to history. Then, under Tools>Utilities>Purchasing re...

updater in system tray disappears
Windows XP SP3, IE7 When the icon for windows tray appears telling me I have updates, I click on it, chose custom, and chose the updates I wish to install. It starts downloading the updates, and the icon disappears, but never comes back to let me install the updates. -- Even if I reboot. So if I go into IE and choose Windows Update tool, I select the updates I want. After these have downloaded again, all of a sudden the icon appears again in the system tray, like, oh -- I forgot -- you can install these updates now. At this time I usually just let IE7 install the updat...

SOP Sales Order Processing
We use a single customer id COD to record SOP invoices for one-time customers. We change the Ship To Address (with the appropriate Sales Tax ID) to the appropriate county's Sales Tax ID. The Sales Tax ID does not roll down to override the original Sales Tax ID on the line items. The Sales Tax Summary screen uses the one on the line items instead of the one associated with the Ship To address. On a SOP document, is there a way to roll down the Sales Tax ID from the selected Ship To Address to the line items? Thank you, Carol Kearney On Nov 1, 1:16 pm, Carol Kearney <Carol Kea...

Mails disappearing.
I tried to move a mail to a folder using "Right Click > Move to folder > OK" without selecting any folders. The default selection was "Personal Folder". Noted that this mail had moved from the inbox. But no idea where the mail has gone. Please help to find those mails. Best Regards Same. Then they are probably in the Outlook Today folder. See here how you can retrieve them; www.howto-outlook.com/faq/mailoutlooktoday.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office XP CD slip...

CRMbar in Outlook disappears
Hello, On the notebooks of our employees I've installed the Desktop CRM Client. On some of these notebooks after a while, the CRM bar in Outlook disappears. Menu > View > Toolbars > Microsoft CRM is checked, and the only solution that worked for me untill now is to do a Repair from the Client install CD. Does anyone have a solution for this problem? Because more and more people are having this problem. Regards, Dirk ...

Disappearing M driive
I'm running Windows Server 2000 with exchange 5.5 and caome in today and my m drive is no longer showing up. Tried rebooting and still, no m drive. Have cleaned up the rest of the hard drive and have 2 gb of free space. Am I looking at a reload??? Exchange 5.5 doesn't have IFS capabilities so there is no M:\ drive. Sounds like you may have Citrix installed? If this is actually E2K, then check to make sure that the Information store service is started and/or the databases are mounted. -- Cheers, Steve Antonio Microsoft Exchange Support This posting is provided "AS IS&...

Contacts Keep Disappearing
For some reason my contacts keep dissappering each time I close Live Mail. I open it back up and the contacts are gone. It was working fine when I first started using it a week ago. Each time I have to import them in from Outlook Express. What gives and is anyone else experiencing this issue? Are you using a Live ID to sign on to Windows Live when using WLM ? If so, try importing them via the web UI at contacts.live.com(click Manage, then import) Thereafter use that Live ID to sign on to Windows Live when using WLM. If not using a Live ID, you may have encountered a problem ...

Cannot edit/delete calendar entries
Hi, This is in SBS 2003, but I fugured that it was an Exchange issue. A client was sharing their calendar and decided to import everything into a calendar in the public folders. Now when another person tries to delte ot edit those entries they get the message below. It only happens on the imported entrties not on the ones added since the import. I have check the permissions to the public folders in the Exchange System Manager and have not been able to correct this problem. Any suggestions? (I'lm posting this in the SBS, ExchangeAdmin and Outlook forums) Thanks, Tom Your message did no...