disallowing specific users to send email to the internet

Is there any way in Exchange 5.5 to restrict specific users from sending
emails to the internet?  We have a couple users that are sending too many
personal emails out and we would like to block them.

Thanks

0
jgallas (36)

Add them to the delivery restrictions box on the IMS.

On Tue, 18 May 2004 16:01:55 -0700, "Jason Gallas"
<jgallas@usa.nospam.net> wrote:

>Is there any way in Exchange 5.5 to restrict specific users from sending
>emails to the internet?  We have a couple users that are sending too many
>personal emails out and we would like to block them.
>
>Thanks

0
adavid (8731)
5/18/2004 11:11:20 PM
Thanks!

"Andy David - Exchange MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
message news:106la0d2gft9uk65cmgupllmgpu84q70cg@4ax.com...
: Add them to the delivery restrictions box on the IMS.
:
:
:
: On Tue, 18 May 2004 16:01:55 -0700, "Jason Gallas"
: <jgallas@usa.nospam.net> wrote:
:
: >Is there any way in Exchange 5.5 to restrict specific users from sending
: >emails to the internet?  We have a couple users that are sending too many
: >personal emails out and we would like to block them.
: >
: >Thanks
: >
:

0
jgallas (36)

specific cell
Hi, In my worksheet, can I make a set-up that I can only go from 1 cell to another specific cell by just pressing the tab or enter key? like, in a spreadsheet, there's a lot of cell, so what I did was, I locked & protect some cells but I have to run through every cell, it doesn't skip. Please help. thanks aynrand1964 -- aynrand1964 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ aynrand1964's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36933 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=566473 ay...

One Laptop, two users
Both users are administrators, using Vista Business. Office Business 2007 loaded on Laptop. however only one user can see and use Excel. The other user can see and use all of the other Office programs except Excel. Checked properties for Excel and tried adding other user - no help. However , if second user signs on and uses run command for excel, it works for the second user. If first user signs on , Excel is not found , unless same method used for second user. ...

How to Set Up OWA for Specific Users (236811)
In Accordance with this Article, is it assumed that the user that has been granted to logon locally have access to logon to all workstation? I ask this cause I have secured some of my users to logon to a particular computer but if I will publish OWA to the internet, does these users that have workstation logon restriction can access their mailbox ? Need your help. Mark ...

can't get incoming emails on outlook express
below is the msg i keep getting. even after moving to 5 min. download time. "your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. possible causes for this include server problems, network problems or a long period of inactivity. account" 'msn.com(2), server: 'pop3.email.msn.com'. protocol: POP3, port: 110, secure (SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F" help this has been going on since 11/19! thank you. it keeps hanging up on msg 6. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outl...

Send From Address
I have several accounts set up in Outlook 2000 because of various email accounts I have for different roles. However, periodically when I go to send out bulk emails using BCC I notice that the emails are often sent from an address I didn't choose, i.e. not my default address. Outlook for some reason picks one of the other addresses to send from. This is very annoying and means that people receive messages from me from an address they aren't familiar with, or that I might not want them to know (I send on behalf of clients at times too). Why does Outlook do this and is there some way...

Email Replies
I’m an Outlook newbie. When replying to an email message in Outlook 2007 I have it set to prefix each line of the original message with “>” but it does not do that. Instead it prefixes each line of the original message with a vertical line | in the left margin. I’ve seen that vertical line occasionally when I receive replies from other Outlook users but I don’t want the line at all, I want “>” How do I make that happen? Thanks Peter You can't change this unless you change your message format to Plain Text before initiating the reply. The pre-fix characte...

discount for a specific customer
Hi, I have a question. Is it impossible to apply a discount for a specific customer if he buy within 3 months lets say more than 200 $ he will get 25% discount or voucher.,.. is it impossible to be implemented with RMS 2.0 ? Thank you ISSAM I dont think its possible with RMS 2.0 However there is alot of addon that does that thing Check out the Retail Hero website "ISSAM" <ISSAM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3AAB2E3A-67F4-4BE3-A761-4DB2FB387949@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I have a question. > Is it impossible to apply a discount for a specific ...

Show this foler as an email address book OLK2003 dimmed
New installation of Outlook 2003. All users no matter what there permissions are unable to check the above mentioned box. Can this be controlled by way of GP or is there a registry setting that may have been locked down? Did you add the Outlook Address Book Service to the profiles? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Dale Galvin" <dgalvin@terrapin-ltd.co.uk> wrote in message news:uLXzqNeiEHA.3016@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > New installation of Outlook 2003. > > All users no matter what there permissions are unable to check the above > mentioned box. > > Can ...

Saving User Selections in Access Pivot Table
I am working with an Access 2003 application that contains 6-7 Pivot Tables. The actual database file is in Access 2000 format. I've been tasked with finding a way to save the user's field selections so they can be easily reloaded if and when the database, including the query on which the Pivot Table is built, is refreshed. Can anyone tell me a) where and how Access stores those settings b) how I can access them to save and reload them Much of the reading I have done always begins with creating a form. These queries are not linked to a form. ...

how to access exchange2k3 user's mailbox
how to access exchange2k3 all user's mailbox��just like exchang2k's M DISK! See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821897 Drive M: has been removed by default from Exchange 2003; you really don't need to add it back. :) -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "iori" <iori.zang@ferventwheels.com> wrote in message news:%23qYMSyGBGHA.2512@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > how to access exchange2k3 all user's mailbox��just like exchang2k's M > DISK! > > > ...

5 access 2000 users and 1 AccessXP user
Hi I have an Access 2000 database that is used by multiple users. The DB is split with the backend on a server. I have 1 user who wants to use the DB but they have Office XP (Access 2002) installed. I feared that the 2000 users may have trouble using the backend if a 2002 user accessed it ( I recall having these issues with 97 and 2000). I tested this theory on a copy of the backend and 2002 seems to be able to use the 2000 backend and preserve 2000's ability to access it thereafter. My problem is that I can get the mdb version of my Access 2000 front end to work on t...

using scripts to create mailboxes for users
SCENERIO: I've used a script to add users to my Active Directory 2003 and now I need to add mailboxes to only those that currently have email on my old unix system. i have a script that will read a database of users that are in an OU on my new server and compare it to the old server to see if they currently have email. The part of the script that isnt working right is the mailbox creation. when i run the script it adds all the approprate exchange tabs in the gui for the user but I am unable to send the user email or even log into the OWA. NOTES:: Active Directory 2003 windows 20...

Sending a link #2
When I try to send a link, I get a message "Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the message request.Set outlook as default mail client." This is my default. It all started when I upgraded to I.E. 6.0 . My mailing works fine. What version of Outloo are you using? Note - this group provides support for Outlook from Microsoft Office, not Outlook Express. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Sam <anonymous@discussions...

Hold Emails at the Server with Outlook 2007
how do I 'hold emails' at the server when I am out of town... similiarly I did this with the old Outlook Express and viewed/deleted emails from another location... Open the account (look in tools, account settings),click on more settings button and look on the advanced tab. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSL...

How do I allow or disallow editing
I have a form (in MS Access 2007)that is used an an input form for updating linked tables. I want to change the property of some text boxes on the form to be editable based on the contents of another field. For example; if a field contains a date (delivery date)in it, I want to no longer allow the user to change the EquipmentName or EquipmentQuantity fields. I want the the field to still be displayed but no longer capable of being edited. Is there an easy way to do this? I prefer to do this without writing VB code, but I can if that is the best way. Thanks! In the current e...

how to keep original email in inbox after replying to it?
At the moment the original email disappears when I reply to it. this started to happen at the beginning of this week (29 March). How do I get the email to remain in my inbox? Thanks. "laughter" <laughter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01D44D20-25D3-4FFF-A159-7692D0E2EE80@microsoft.com... > At the moment the original email disappears when I reply to it. this > started > to happen at the beginning of this week (29 March). How do I get the email > to > remain in my inbox? > > Thanks. Check your View. Set it to messa...

Disallow use of Outlook
Hi! Is there a way to prevent a user from using Outlook thereby forcing him to use OWA instead? Help is appreciated Morten Put some context in the question please. Outlook from "inside" the LAN? Not that I am aware of. Outlook from "outside" the LAN (Internet)? Absolutely. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "Morten" <morten_skovgaard@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ub3B2bByFHA.3180@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi! > > Is there a way to prevent a user from using Outlook thereby forcing him to > use OWA instead? > > Help...

Moving Emails to Folders
Though I encountered no problems over many months, in the last several I have run into a huge issue in moving certain emails from my "in" and "sent" boxes to my achive folders. These emails all either originate from China or have a Chinese originated reply in the email string. The individuals with whom I'm corresponding in China are from major corporations and, in one case, the person is an employee on my corporate email system. The symptoms are as follows. When I try to drag the email to the folder, the hourglass appears, as if it is trying to complete the transfer. A...

User to Enter field on sales orders
Does anyone know what events cause the User To Enter field (USER2ENT) on SOP10100 to be updated? I had hoped that field would retain the id of the person who origianally entered an order. It appears though that the vaule is change whenever someone makes a change to the order. If that's the case, is there anywhere other than the activity tracking tables to see who originally entered an order? Thanks. -- Jim@TurboChef Jim- You might want to try one of the audit trail products avail. MS has one, Rockton Software (www.RocktonSoftware.com), both of which are written in Dexterity (...

mass of cases/tasks/emails assigned to user
hello, I have just hada really strange thing happen in CRM 4.0. one user has just been assigned over 90 tasks/cases/emails. Has anyone ever had such a problem? Thanks Ian ...

outlook 2000, recurring tasks, user-defined fields
I am stuck trying to get new occurrences of recurring tasks to display correctly in a filtered view. The tasks are created using a custom form. This form includes the user-defined field "ETA", and a calculated field "DueOrETA" which is the lesser of Due Date and "ETA" (provided Due Date and ETA are each non-zero). If I create a recurring task using this form, then mark the task as complete, the calculation on the "DueOrETA" field does not happen until and unless I happen to open the new task and edit it. Which means that my custom View showing...

Selecting a Specific Record Form from a subform
I have a form with a subform that I want to select a field from and have it open another form with the data selected from the sub form. I was able to get the operation to work in the subform using the following: Under Parameters of the first field of the subform -- Open4Edit_StationInfo Open4Edit_StationInfo used the following command: FindRecord Find What: =[Forms]![Station Info Subform]![Call Sign] Match: Whole Field Match Case: No Search: All Search As Formatted: Yes Only Current Field: No Find First: Yes The above works when I run the form "Station Info...

How to restrict receipients when sending e-mails for an exchange user?
We would like to have our exchange server to provide services for sending e-mails like this: 1) ceratin users must be limited to send e-mails only internally and to specifically enumerated external receipients. 2) certain other user should not have any restrictions regarding receipients for their e-mails. Do some of you know if this is achievable and may you perhaps provide some hints on how to achieve that? Regards Anna Frackowiak Anna Frackowiak wrote: > We would like to have our exchange server to provide services for sending > e-mails like this: > 1) ceratin users must be li...

how to delete contents of cells having specific data
Dear friends, I am working on a spreadsheet having a variety of data. In some of the cells spread across the sheet,I have a specific data ,say XYZ with comments attached to the cells. I would like to delete the contents of these cells along with the comments. How could I do that. Thanking you all. Steve Steve There is no way to do this easily. It could be done with code. If you didn't have comments, you could use conditional formatting to turn the cell value white so it couldn't be seen. It would print though! If you wish to explore the code route, try posting in the progra...

specific printer
I have many different reports, and 2 different type printers (Dot Matrix & Laserjet)I set the each page property to use a specfic printer, everything was fine. I've just installed the Access 2007, and Form A + B + C....used to print out reports from Dot Matrix but now print out from the laserjet, so I reset the property select the Dot Matrix printer, and print the report. Now the next day I open database, print the report it all go back to the Laserjet printer, only the from B stay with Dot matrix printer, why? any idea..please help Carol, if you're using VBA, here's h...