Disabling NDR in Exchange 5.5

Hello,

Does anyone know how to disable Internet NDR for Exchange
5.5?  We are getting flooded with spam and our exchange
server is clogging up the IMS with NDRs.

Thanks in advance
0
Chongwlee (1)

I don't think this is possible in 5.5 - but since mail servers are supposed
to send NDRs, and you'd be preventing valid senders from receiving notice
that they'd mistyped an address, it wouldn't be the best way to go anyway.
Might be time to look into content filtering software such as that at
www.gfi.com (altho there are plenty) or a third party antispam service such
as Postini that will clean the mail and then relay it to you instantly.

Chong wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Does anyone know how to disable Internet NDR for Exchange
> 5.5?  We are getting flooded with spam and our exchange
> server is clogging up the IMS with NDRs.
>
> Thanks in advance

0
lanwench (7567)
3/3/2004 3:06:04 PM
I'm having the same problem.. I don't think it can be disable.. its by
design,,
"Chong" <Chongwlee@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Does anyone know how to disable Internet NDR for Exchange
> 5.5?  We are getting flooded with spam and our exchange
> server is clogging up the IMS with NDRs.
>
> Thanks in advance

0
Darren1537 (22)
3/3/2004 3:18:40 PM
Chong,

This cannot be done in 5.5 :-(

Why not use an anti-spam product. We use Spam Marshall is it works good
(http://www.spammarshall.com).

Chong wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Does anyone know how to disable Internet NDR for Exchange
> 5.5?  We are getting flooded with spam and our exchange
> server is clogging up the IMS with NDRs.
>
> Thanks in advance

0
anonymous (74719)

no exchange task
Hi, I have the following problem: I ve installed a File server and made it DC. The i installed another server with exchange 2003 an made it also a DC. I only can add mail enabled users in het AD-UC on the exchange server. Should it be possible to do it on the File server (dc) also?? The whole exchange install (including forest en domain prep) was done on the exchange server. I tough AD would replicate it between the servers because they are both DC's ?? Thanx for any answere. T@ll0ne Install the ESM on the File Server. On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 19:51:16 +0100, "T@ll0ne"...

Missing e-mails #5
All of me received e-mail messages from 5/9/09 through 5/25/09 are missing. Where did they go, and how do I get them back? -- Regards, George Stubbs "George Stubbs" <GeorgeStubbs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF408F50-C8AC-4A9B-A2D3-AF8B9D4765AD@microsoft.com... > All of me received e-mail messages from 5/9/09 through 5/25/09 are missing. > Where did they go, and how do I get them back? Since we have no idea what you did to lose them, it would be nearly impossible for us to tell you how to get them back. The usual answers apply: look in Deleted...

Exchange Recovery #3
Hello, I recently had a power failure on our Exchange 2003 SP2 server. After running eseutil /p to fix the corruption, I am left with one problem. I have several emails in my Inbox that won't open. When I click on them using Outlook, it just says "Can't open this item". Does anyone have a solution to get rid of these messages, since I cannot even delete them?? Thanks, Matt Verdill On Wed, 4 Jan 2006 08:34:32 -0500, "Matt Verdill" <mverdill@punxsy.k12.pa.us> wrote: >Hello, >I recently had a power failure on our Exchange 2003 SP2 server. Aft...

Disable BU
A really quick one for you. If I disable a BU in MSCRM, does the corresponding OU in Active Directory become disabled? I think the answer probably 'No' as I actually cannot find a way to disable the OU manually and therefore cannot check, but if anyone has a definitive answer I would be grateful. Regards Peter John - thanks for your help. Regards Peter >-----Original Message----- >No, disabling BU in CRM will not disable corresponding OU in the AD, just like dissabling CRM user in CRM will not siable the corrsponding user in AD. > >"Pete" wrote: > &...

installing Exchange 2010 in Exchange 2007 org
hello I currently have exchange 2007 sp2 up and running. One server is running HT+CAS and the other server is a mbx server. I recently setup an exchange 2010 CAS+HT server. After the install completed successfully, I was surprised to see that I couldn't see the 2007 servers using the 2010 management console, and I also couldn't see the 2010 servers using the 2007 management console. Is this normal? I confirmed that all servers are located in the same exchange org Thanks ...

Configure for Open Relay: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for someone@somewhere.com
Hi We need to send mail from our SQL Server using an extended stored procedure. We keep getting the response 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for someone@somewhere.com Is there any way around this except configuring the server for Open Relay? If not how do I do this? Thanks B Ben, If you are sending messages to someone on the Internet you will HAVE to open relay. Sending to local users should not be a problem. I would suggest that you use another machine, aside from your Exchange server, install MS SMTP on it and then open relay on that for the IP address of your SQL server. This way you...

Print Preview "Prev Page" but is always disabled
Hello, I have created an MFC application and have added Printing and Print Preview capability. The only problem i have is that the Prev Page button on the Print Preview toolbar is always disabled. The "Two Pages" button and "Next Page" are enabled and work correctly. I am setting the CPrintInfo::SetMaxPage() and CPrintInfo::SetMinPage() and CPrintInfo::m_nCurPage values in OnPreparePrinting() but this doesnt seem to make a difference. Is their anything else that i can try which will enable this button? Thanks Andy ...

how can disable service with bat file
Hi, Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. What service? "Vijay" wrote: > Hi, > > Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. > Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. That's funny ... weren't we just talking about Permissions? :-) Anyway, the command to control a Windows Service (enable, start, stop, disable, etc) is SC.EXE. Run SC /? at a command prompt to see the syntax. Put the necessary SC command in a batch file, and you are all set. Hope it helps, Andrew -- amclar at ...

Sending and Receiving Email stops after installing Exchange 2003 SP1
I've installed Exchange 2003 SP1 and sending and receiving email has stopped. All services are running. Messages seem to be in the local delivery queue. Any suggestions? Thanks. I've been fighting the same thing. Users get -- 800ccc0f or 8004210 Machine is DC, running ADC --- HELP ! ! ! Hi Dan Had same problem, try to stop all Exchange and web (IIS especialy) manualy. ' Then reinstalle PS1, it solved my problem. Carsten "Dan" <dslaby.no2spam@evergreeninfo.biz> wrote in message news:<Ov0nh5DREHA.3732@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>... > I've install...

Exchange 2003 System Manager #3
I am using Exchange 2003. I have users I would like to have manage the Recipients container to manage contacts and distribution lists but nothing else. Is there a way to do this? I know I can install the System Mgr on the desktop, but it appears users must be Domain Admin members, and that's not cool. So how can I limit them to just the Recipients container? This article may help you out Daniel to get you going in the right direction: 316792 Minimum Permissions Necessary to Perform Exchange-Related Tasks http://support.microsoft.com/?id=316792 -- Randy Campbell Microsoft PSS Pleas...

2 offices, 2 exchange servers
I have two offices, in different countries. I setup each with its own DC/Exchange servers and have the two connected via a site-to-site vpn. I setup a connector between them and all inbound mail comes into server a and gets routed to b through the vpn. On the outbound side, folks on server a send mail through it. On server b in the other office I set up a smtp connection to send email directly out of it as well. Is there any concerns with email from my single domain coming out of two different IP's? Not as long as both servers have reverse DNS records. James Chong (MVP) MCSE | M+, ...

What is Outlook2000 doing after connect to Exchange?
I have big problems using Outlook 2000 towards our Exchange server when I am connected through a VPN (W2000 RRAS) to our network. What happens is that the Outlook Inbox window shows up after a short delay, but then it becomes nonresponsive and displays an hourglass for hours (I have tested again today and gave up after 2 hours). I can see all of my inbox message subjects (now about 30 of them) but I can do nothing with them... In the connection icon in system tray I can see that a lot of traffic is exchanged, after 2 hours about 8 Mb has been sent both ways and Outlook is still showing the ho...

disable macro warning
I added macro which I then deleted. Every time I enter system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros - how do I turn off this warning screen upon entering system when I have no macros in the worksheet? You need to remove the module that contained the macro. Press ALT+F11, go to View > Project Explorer (if needed), right-click on the module(s), and remove it. Save. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I added macro which I then deleted. Every time I enter >system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros - >how do I turn off this warnin...

Blackberry vs Microsoft Exchange Mobile Services
Can someone give me pros and cons to both systems? We are at Exchange 2003 SP2. With Blackberry Devices can you work with Word, Excel, Powerpoint files? Is there another newsgroup I can post this question to? http://www.msd2d.com/ is a Good Forum where you can post your queries. Blackberry device will work very well with ms-office files. regards, Biplab Mistry "Sabo, Eric" wrote: > Can someone give me pros and cons to both systems? > > We are at Exchange 2003 SP2. > > With Blackberry Devices can you work with Word, Excel, Powerpoint files? >...

Disable sending Email
In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from sending email? He should be able to open and read his email but not be able to send out email untill permitted. Thanks On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:01:03 -0800, "SI" <SI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from >sending email? He should be able to open and read his email but not be able >to send out email untill permitted. > >Thanks You can do this on Internet mail by setting the Delivery Restriction on the IMS to deny mail...

Disable Cached Mode
Hi all! Is there any way to disable Cached Mode (CM) on Exchange 2003? Sure, I can do it with GPO, but some computers can be out of scope of this GPO and then they will be able to turn on the CM in their Offce 2003. But CM is critical security risk and I have to disable it. At http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP010000781033.aspx?Product=out2003 I can read: "Exchange server administrators have the ability to disable this feature in Outlook. For more information, contact your Exchange server administrator. Additional information for administrators is available in the Mi...

Adding another domain address in Exchange 2003
We currently have our department emails hosted off site and have our company emails handled internally. What I need is to have our dept emails handled on-site. We have an Exchange server that hosts our company email, company.com; I also want it to host our dept email, department.com. We can change our MX records for our dept site to point to our Exchange server, what changes need to be made on-site for it to forward to our emails. create a recipient policy for department.com and then either manually create smtp addresses for the people that need them, or let the RUS/RP do it for you b...

Exchange 5.5 user problem: not receiving mail until sending mail
Hi - One (only one) user does not receive internal mail from a different site until he sends mail to that site (both servers Exchange 5.5, client is Windows XP w/ Outlook 2000 SP3), then he gets whatever is waiting for him in the queue all at once. Does not seem to happen when sending to the outside, only on internal servers--and it's only one user? Weird. Any ideas on how to resolve this issue or what is going on? Thanks! bhr The new mail notification uses UDP - it's likely that this is being blocked on the workstation itself by the built-in firewall after applying SP1 for XP. He...

SMTP being disabled
HI Exchange 2003 / Server 2003 I'm just having a world of problems with Exchange all of a sudden... It's been up and running about 2 months but all of a sudden it's going nuts... The SMTP service is being stopped and set to disabled. This is happening each morning around 1 AM. The only thing I can find in the event logs is event 7035 - The SMTP service was successfully sent a stop control and then Event 7040 - The start type of SMTP service was changed from auto start to disabled For the life of me, I can't find what is originating these commands.... I thought maybe t...

Enable/Disable Macro Pop-Up
In the older version of Office when you opened an excel or other office document that had a macro in it - you would get a pop up and the opportunity to enable or disable it. Is there a way to get that same pop-up in 2007? See Help, macro setting Change macro security settings in Excel juamig wrote: > In the older version of Office when you opened an excel or other office > document that had a macro in it - you would get a pop up and the opportunity > to enable or disable it. Is there a way to get that same pop-up in 2007? > Right, someone else told me the...

Protecting sheet disables Grouping buttons
I am delivering a worksheet to a client, and have protected it. As well as stopping people changing the data, though, it also stops them using the Grouping buttons. How can I enable grouping on a protected sheet? If you already have the outline applied, you can protect the worksheet in code (auto_open/workbook_open??). Option Explicit Sub auto_open() With Worksheets("sheet1") .Protect Password:="hi", userinterfaceonly:=True .EnableOutlining = True .EnableAutoFilter = True End With End Sub (I wasn't sure what caused your outlining--...

Disable Trended Deposits
Does anyone know how to turn off trended deposits (forecasted) feature? If you press the customize option on the left hand side, you can change it to show budget entries instead of trends -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially if it's a UK specific wish. I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money <a...

Outlook Anywhere Exchange 2007
Hello all Can Outlook Anywhere provision Outlook 2007 clients for rpc over https, so i dont have to manually configure each client? I have Outlook anywhere working on my exchange 2007 server, but i have to manually configure each client in order to make a connection. I have a valid 3rd party cert on the exchange server. I would like to be able to have outlook anywhere do the work for me, is this possible and if so what do i need to do so the clients can read the xml file and then get provisioned for rpc over https ? Also when i run the command test-outlookwebservices i get one error ...

Disabling New Records on Forms in VB
Hi Everyone, I have designed a form which successfully supresses the ability to create new records by setting the AllowAdditions property to "No". The problem is that when I open the form using the code below the form once again allows additions and I can't figure out how to prevent this. I tagged the "Me.AllowAdditions = False" into the openargs section but to no avail. If anyone can spot the problem in my code I would be very grateful. Thanks, John ******* Start Code ******* Private Sub cmdView_Click() Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As ...

Disable username, password and domain prompt
Greetings... I currently have a network with computers running Windows 2000 with Outlook 2000 SR-1 and am in the process of upgrading the computers to Windows XP with Outlook 2002 SP3. One of my users has an issue where he has to type in his username, password, and the domain every time he opens up Outlook on the Windows XP machines, but never on the Windows 2000 machines. The option to uncheck the "Always prompt for username and password" box is not found on either version of Outlook, and he is set up for NT password authentication in his Outlook settings. Is there something else...