Disabled Users / Deleted Mail Boxes

Hi.

Exchange 2003

I have accounts that are disabled in AD an their MB's are deleted. My App
log is full of 9548 warnings. All I have read so far is to change permissions
on the MB, it no longer exists. Get the NoMAS Tool and I am not sure if it
will help.

Any Ideas Guys? I can't believe that you can delete a MB without deleting
the AD Account. Don't ask why... I work for a Law Firm, I need to keep the
Account but I can delete the MB's...

Thanks

George6668 (260)

On Mon, 15 May 2006 10:32:02 -0700, George
<George@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi.
>
>Exchange 2003
>
>I have accounts that are disabled in AD an their MB's are deleted. My App
>log is full of 9548 warnings. All I have read so far is to change permissions
>on the MB, it no longer exists. Get the NoMAS Tool and I am not sure if it
>will help.
>
>Any Ideas Guys? I can't believe that you can delete a MB without deleting
>the AD Account. Don't ask why... I work for a Law Firm, I need to keep the
>Account but I can delete the MB's...
>
>Thanks

You can "kind of" delete the MB.
You right click on the user account and say delete mailbox. Now, this
will normally not delete the mailbox itself straight away because
there should be "Deleted Mailbox Retention" set on the store. Thus,
for a period of some days, you will have the mailboxes sat there,
orphaned but accessible if you connect them to an account that isn't
currently mail enabled.

What you need to watch for is disabled accounts having SMTP addresses.
That's not going to do your event logs any good at all.
0
mark7219 (5666)
5/15/2006 5:41:18 PM
On Mon, 15 May 2006 10:32:02 -0700, George
<George@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi.
>
>Exchange 2003
>
>I have accounts that are disabled in AD an their MB's are deleted. My App
>log is full of 9548 warnings. All I have read so far is to change permissions
>on the MB, it no longer exists. Get the NoMAS Tool and I am not sure if it
>will help.
>
>Any Ideas Guys? I can't believe that you can delete a MB without deleting
>the AD Account. Don't ask why... I work for a Law Firm, I need to keep the
>Account but I can delete the MB's...
>
>Thanks

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;903158
"A hotfix is available to modify the way that Exchange Server 2003
handles a disabled Active Directory user account that is associated
with an Exchange Server 2003 mailbox'

This is a Sp1 hotfix. SP2 hotfix should be out soon.

0
adavid (8731)
5/15/2006 5:46:19 PM
To prevent the 9548 errors, go to the properties of the disabled
accounts in AD, select the Exchange Advanced tab button, then select the
Mailbox Rights button. From the Group or user name list, select the SELF
user and check the Associate external account option in the Permissions
list. You should do this for all your disabled accounts and whenever you
  disable an account.

That should prevent new 9548 from coming in your logs.

HTH

"Kirrin Jones" wrote:

> To prevent the 9548 errors, go to the properties of the disabled
> accounts in AD, select the Exchange Advanced tab button, then select the
> Mailbox Rights button. From the Group or user name list, select the SELF
> user and check the Associate external account option in the Permissions
> list. You should do this for all your disabled accounts and whenever you
>   disable an account.
>
> That should prevent new 9548 from coming in your logs.
>
> HTH
>
> George wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > Exchange 2003
> >
> > I have accounts that are disabled in AD an their MB's are deleted. My App
> > log is full of 9548 warnings. All I have read so far is to change permissions
> > on the MB, it no longer exists. Get the NoMAS Tool and I am not sure if it
> > will help.
> >
> > Any Ideas Guys? I can't believe that you can delete a MB without deleting
> > the AD Account. Don't ask why... I work for a Law Firm, I need to keep the
> > Account but I can delete the MB's...
> >
> > Thanks

myee (2)
5/17/2006 6:24:02 PM
There is mention of the nomas.exe program in quite a few places. However, I
would like to know if somebody can just mail me the program versus calling
microsoft to possibly get it if they don't charge you first.

Anyways, if anybody can email it to me I would be very grateful.

myee at  qep.com

"Kirrin Jones" wrote:

> To prevent the 9548 errors, go to the properties of the disabled
> accounts in AD, select the Exchange Advanced tab button, then select the
> Mailbox Rights button. From the Group or user name list, select the SELF
> user and check the Associate external account option in the Permissions
> list. You should do this for all your disabled accounts and whenever you
>   disable an account.
>
> That should prevent new 9548 from coming in your logs.
>
> HTH
>
> George wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > Exchange 2003
> >
> > I have accounts that are disabled in AD an their MB's are deleted. My App
> > log is full of 9548 warnings. All I have read so far is to change permissions
> > on the MB, it no longer exists. Get the NoMAS Tool and I am not sure if it
> > will help.
> >
> > Any Ideas Guys? I can't believe that you can delete a MB without deleting
> > the AD Account. Don't ask why... I work for a Law Firm, I need to keep the
> > Account but I can delete the MB's...
> >
> > Thanks

myee (2)

Delete picture from a form?
Hi. I have a table with paths to a pictures on my HD, and an form, that shows this pictures, via picture controls. What I would like to do is be able to mark pictures by clicking on them, and than, when I move to the next record, I'd like marked pictures to be deleted. I already figured out a way to mark them - I change bordercolor property. But how do I delete it from my table? Thanks ...

caonnt create user in crm snap-in
Hi, when I want to create a user in crm snap-in I get an error saying that I do not have the right privileges to run the user wizard. It happens just after selecting the user from the domain. I am logged on as domin administrator - that domain administrator who has installed the crm server shortly beforte and under which the services are running. Moreover I am not able to logon to the crm site with my administrator account. I just get an error from crm server. Has anybody an idea? Thanx a lot... P. Verify that all the services have started properly. If you can't get into the web ...

Missing e-mails #5
All of me received e-mail messages from 5/9/09 through 5/25/09 are missing. Where did they go, and how do I get them back? -- Regards, George Stubbs "George Stubbs" <GeorgeStubbs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF408F50-C8AC-4A9B-A2D3-AF8B9D4765AD@microsoft.com... > All of me received e-mail messages from 5/9/09 through 5/25/09 are missing. > Where did they go, and how do I get them back? Since we have no idea what you did to lose them, it would be nearly impossible for us to tell you how to get them back. The usual answers apply: look in Deleted...

Storing a Per User Per Session Variable
Hello All is there a way to store a number, generated by a table autonumber when a user "logs in", into a VBA variable of some kind that i can call again when the user is about to exit? would that be more efficient than storing it in a text box on my main always open form? -- As always, any and all help appreciated! :) Storing it in a text box on an always open form is actually better, since public variables can get reset by errors. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "DawnTreader" <DawnTr...

User form Default value in text box
Hi all. Quick question. I have a user form in excel which has a text box which i want to have the value defaulted to the current date. I've looked at several posting on this site but haven't gotten it to work yet. Any ideas on how to set the text box with the current date as a default value? Any help or direction is appreciated. Thanks. -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/excel-programming/201006/1 Hi, Try this way Private Sub UserForm_Activate() TextBox1.Text = Date End Sub -- Mike When competing hypotheses are oth...

Disable BU
A really quick one for you. If I disable a BU in MSCRM, does the corresponding OU in Active Directory become disabled? I think the answer probably 'No' as I actually cannot find a way to disable the OU manually and therefore cannot check, but if anyone has a definitive answer I would be grateful. Regards Peter John - thanks for your help. Regards Peter >-----Original Message----- >No, disabling BU in CRM will not disable corresponding OU in the AD, just like dissabling CRM user in CRM will not siable the corrsponding user in AD. > >"Pete" wrote: > &...

automatically deletion of lines
Hi there, I want to paste tabular data into excel and automatically delete all rows not starting with a specific text in col A from the just pasted text (it will be fine to delete the lines from the whole sheet, since there will be nothing else on it). It should trigger upon pasting into that particular sheet. Unfortunately I know squat about vb-programming, so I would very much appreciate a step-by-step instruction of where to put any provided code. Thanks Knud ...

Distinguish local versus domain user account?
Is there a definitive test for whether the current user on a machine is operating under a local account or a domain account? I can see numerous ways to infer such a distinction, but nothing (in the API realm) that directly tells you this unambiguously. I suppose the LOGONSERVER environment variable is a pretty good indication? But I tend not to trust e-vars, in particular with console utilities. And if I call NetUserGetInfo, the logon server always comes back "\\*" as opposed to the DC that I actually validated against. For a number of other reasons, I really don...

Print Preview "Prev Page" but is always disabled
Hello, I have created an MFC application and have added Printing and Print Preview capability. The only problem i have is that the Prev Page button on the Print Preview toolbar is always disabled. The "Two Pages" button and "Next Page" are enabled and work correctly. I am setting the CPrintInfo::SetMaxPage() and CPrintInfo::SetMinPage() and CPrintInfo::m_nCurPage values in OnPreparePrinting() but this doesnt seem to make a difference. Is their anything else that i can try which will enable this button? Thanks Andy ...

how do i delete archive folders when the pst file is missing
We recently updated to a mocrosoft exchange server and several of my pst files were somehow lost. I am resigned to missing the info but now I have all the archive folders listed on my navigation pane and no way to delete them. Any suggestions? duchenej <duchenej@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We recently updated to a mocrosoft exchange server and several of my > pst files were somehow lost. I am resigned to missing the info but > now I have all the archive folders listed on my navigation pane and > no way to delete them. Any suggestions? If right-click>Close won...

Message Box 02-08-10
Hi Apologies, forgot to add subject, so not sure if it will be displayed, posting again Is it possible to set a message box with customs button texts? If possible how? When a button called Close is pressed, I want the user to be able to select to close just the Database or the Database and Application? Many thanks I showed how in http://www.vb123.com/kb/200505_ds_msg.htm -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Alex Hammerstein" <aph@misnet.co.uk> wrote in message news:C7960CEF.1562B%aph@misne...

how can disable service with bat file
Hi, Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. What service? "Vijay" wrote: > Hi, > > Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. > Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. That's funny ... weren't we just talking about Permissions? :-) Anyway, the command to control a Windows Service (enable, start, stop, disable, etc) is SC.EXE. Run SC /? at a command prompt to see the syntax. Put the necessary SC command in a batch file, and you are all set. Hope it helps, Andrew -- amclar at ...

disable macro warning
I added macro which I then deleted. Every time I enter system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros - how do I turn off this warning screen upon entering system when I have no macros in the worksheet? You need to remove the module that contained the macro. Press ALT+F11, go to View > Project Explorer (if needed), right-click on the module(s), and remove it. Save. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I added macro which I then deleted. Every time I enter >system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros - >how do I turn off this warnin...

Microsoft CRM Server User Input
I am trying to install Microsoft 3.0 server professional edition on a machine running Windows 2003 server. When selecting the organizational unit I selected the top node domain name. However, the setup fails giving the following error: Microsoft CRM Server User Input Details: "The following permissions are required for organizational unit and all child objects: read, write, modify permissions, create child objects, all extended rights. Current user does not have these permissions for the Active Directory Organizational Unit: DC=MyDomain,DC=com." Any suggestions? Hello Nawar ...

Adding multiple mailboxes for a user
I have a user account having access to all mailboxes in the organization. I am trying to add all the mailboxes (about 500 users) to the advanced settings, so that when I open Outlook I can view all the mailboxes. Is this possible through a script or some similar methods as it is so difficult to add 500 users manually. I run Exchange 2000 server with outlook 2000 clients. Please find below steps I used to accomplish this for smaller groups. I do this maually by going to Start>Settings>Control Panel>Mail> Exchange Server properties> Advanced setttings and I type in the name...

Delegate user for file sharing?
Hello All, We need to have ordinary users the ability to share folders on there local drives i am looking for a way to achieve this granular settings without giving more extra security option equivalent to Power user. Is this option available in delegation if yes what option to achieve that. Please advice Thanks, Hello Tal Bar-Or, Never heard about another way then making them Power users. Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups ...

pictures on email will not forward with text. just a white box
when i forward an email with pictures on it - not attachments - it will not enclude the picture. just a white box where the pictures were. thanks ...

Disable sending Email
In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from sending email? He should be able to open and read his email but not be able to send out email untill permitted. Thanks On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:01:03 -0800, "SI" <SI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from >sending email? He should be able to open and read his email but not be able >to send out email untill permitted. > >Thanks You can do this on Internet mail by setting the Delivery Restriction on the IMS to deny mail...

user forms #5
Hello, I have created a user form (click on New Employee). How do I get the information entered in to this form to appear in the correct columns in the Payroll data sheet? And how do I get the combo boxes to display the drop down information from the sheet called input. Regards Runner77 -- Runner77 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Runner77's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30388 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=500502 ...

Disable Cached Mode
Hi all! Is there any way to disable Cached Mode (CM) on Exchange 2003? Sure, I can do it with GPO, but some computers can be out of scope of this GPO and then they will be able to turn on the CM in their Offce 2003. But CM is critical security risk and I have to disable it. At http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP010000781033.aspx?Product=out2003 I can read: "Exchange server administrators have the ability to disable this feature in Outlook. For more information, contact your Exchange server administrator. Additional information for administrators is available in the Mi...

Excel, how to send to mulitple e-mails
I have an excel spreadsheet for tracking names, phone #'s and e-mails and I want to be able to capture all of the e- mails and send out stuff without having to copy and paste each e-mail individually (looking for shortcut). Any help would be appreicated. Thanks. John Hi John Look here http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm see the Tips pages for using addresses in cells -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "John" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:986101c49741$14336f00$a601280a@phx.gbl... >I have an excel spreadsheet for trac...

SMTP being disabled
HI Exchange 2003 / Server 2003 I'm just having a world of problems with Exchange all of a sudden... It's been up and running about 2 months but all of a sudden it's going nuts... The SMTP service is being stopped and set to disabled. This is happening each morning around 1 AM. The only thing I can find in the event logs is event 7035 - The SMTP service was successfully sent a stop control and then Event 7040 - The start type of SMTP service was changed from auto start to disabled For the life of me, I can't find what is originating these commands.... I thought maybe t...

Exchange 5.5 user problem: not receiving mail until sending mail
Hi - One (only one) user does not receive internal mail from a different site until he sends mail to that site (both servers Exchange 5.5, client is Windows XP w/ Outlook 2000 SP3), then he gets whatever is waiting for him in the queue all at once. Does not seem to happen when sending to the outside, only on internal servers--and it's only one user? Weird. Any ideas on how to resolve this issue or what is going on? Thanks! bhr The new mail notification uses UDP - it's likely that this is being blocked on the workstation itself by the built-in firewall after applying SP1 for XP. He...

Full mailboxes ens up with lost mails
Im helping a small company with SBS 2003 and there mailbosex exceded the storage limit and now the mails sent after that is lost, how can i recover those lost mails please help me its really urgent Roger wrote: > Im helping a small company with SBS 2003 and there mailbosex exceded > the storage limit and now the mails sent after that is lost, how can > i recover those lost mails please help me its really urgent Mailboxes where - on the Exchange server? On the ISP's server in POP mailboxes? If you're using the SBS POP connector, best to post in m.p.windows.server.sbs. ...

Users do not show up in GAL.
Hello all. I have this strange problem that users who resides in some AD OU's do not show up in the GAL in outlook. But they DO show up when i do a preview of the GAL on the Exchange Server. More info. The GAL is in the 'ShowInAddressBook' attribute. When i create a custom address list with those users in it, this works fine. The problem only exists with the GAL. We have an exchange 2000 server, fully patched in an Windows 2000 AD. Can anyone explain me this strange behaviour? Thank you very much for responding. Joeri I sometimes find that it takes a while for people to ap...