disabled user still sending auto-reply

It is noticed a disabled (but not yet deleted)user is still sending
auto-reply once a mail addressed to this user. Is it an expected behavior,
or something not right?
(I am expecting mail sending to disabled user will get a non-delivery
report.)
server: E2K3

0
tree

On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 18:39:07 +1100, "tree leafs"
<treeleafs@hotmail.com> wrote:

>It is noticed a disabled (but not yet deleted)user is still sending
>auto-reply once a mail addressed to this user. Is it an expected behavior,
>or something not right?

It's expected as long as there's a rule that's doing this in the
mailbox.

>(I am expecting mail sending to disabled user will get a non-delivery
>report.)
>server: E2K3

If you expect a NDR then remove the mailbox.
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
0
Rich
12/17/2009 3:16:52 PM
On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 10:16:52 -0500, "Rich Matheisen [MVP]"
<richnews@rmcons.com.NOSPAM.COM> wrote:

>On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 18:39:07 +1100, "tree leafs"
><treeleafs@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>It is noticed a disabled (but not yet deleted)user is still sending
>>auto-reply once a mail addressed to this user. Is it an expected behavior,
>>or something not right?
>
>It's expected as long as there's a rule that's doing this in the
>mailbox.
>
>>(I am expecting mail sending to disabled user will get a non-delivery
>>report.)
>>server: E2K3
>
>If you expect a NDR then remove the mailbox.

....or change the SMTP address on it to something nonsensical such as
ASFGHERWSAZXDFCCGFCFGDGGD@blah.com so it won't get any new mail and
you can still access the old stuff easily. Cheap 'n cheerful.
>---
>Rich Matheisen
>MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
0
Lanwench
12/17/2009 6:36:25 PM
On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 10:36:25 -0800, "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
<lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 10:16:52 -0500, "Rich Matheisen [MVP]"
><richnews@rmcons.com.NOSPAM.COM> wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 18:39:07 +1100, "tree leafs"
>><treeleafs@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>It is noticed a disabled (but not yet deleted)user is still sending
>>>auto-reply once a mail addressed to this user. Is it an expected behavior,
>>>or something not right?
>>
>>It's expected as long as there's a rule that's doing this in the
>>mailbox.
>>
>>>(I am expecting mail sending to disabled user will get a non-delivery
>>>report.)
>>>server: E2K3
>>
>>If you expect a NDR then remove the mailbox.
>
>...or change the SMTP address on it to something nonsensical such as
>ASFGHERWSAZXDFCCGFCFGDGGD@blah.com so it won't get any new mail and
>you can still access the old stuff easily. Cheap 'n cheerful.

That won't help if the email's sent from someone inside the Exchange
organization using a RPC connection, though.
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
0
Rich
12/17/2009 7:01:41 PM
Thanks for all the responses that give me more understanding of the behavior
of a disabled mailbox.
Indeed, it might not be a bad thing to have autoresponse to notify sender
the user has left the organization until the user account being removed from
AD.

"tree leafs" <treeleafs@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> It is noticed a disabled (but not yet deleted)user is still sending
> auto-reply once a mail addressed to this user. Is it an expected behavior,
> or something not right?
> (I am expecting mail sending to disabled user will get a non-delivery
> report.)
> server: E2K3

0
tree

Saving User Settings in Outlook...
Hello everyone, Does anyone know how to save the user settings for MS outlook 2003? Thanks to all who reply, Ismael The reason I would like to be able to save the user settings is so I'll be able to restore these settings should I need to in case I had to do a clean install of WinXP and office 2003 either on the same computer of on another newly bought computer. Thanks to all who reply, Ismael "Ismael" <I_Tena@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ueqwqfaHGHA.2948@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hello everyone, > > Does anyone know how to save the user setting...

the user authentication passed to the platform is not valid 09-20-06
Anyone receive this error message in the CRM Outlook Client? "The user authentication passed to the platform is not valid." Thanks, Scott ...

Cannot send mail from outlook, error 0x800CCC78
This message started to appear back in Sept and I haven't been able to send e-mail from Outlook ever since (apart from a 2 day period in Novemeber when the issue disappeared just as quickly as it appeared). I now have to cut and paste e-mail i recieve into the e-mail interface of my provider in order to get e-mail sent. I have posted this error 3 times now and haven't got a solution, plenty of questions about versions, platforms, port numbers etc etc, but no fix. Judging by the hits on google to this, it is and established problem. Come on Microsoft, do your stuff.....

Trouble sending emails #2

Send/Receive Problem
I am using Outlook 2002 on an XP platform. I cannot get Outlook to check for Email at regular intervals. I have the my Outlook set to Send and Receive all my accounts every 10 minutes but nothing happens. The only way I can receive Emails is by manually using the Send/Recv button or pressing F9. Can anyone offer any help. In case it is relevant I am using Norton Internet Security 2003. PWS Not sure it it Yor problem, but Outlook has some problems with Noroton Antivirus runing and chekking e-mails. As far as I know, Outlook may stop recieving e-mails from POP3 servers due to very le...

User Defined Required Fields
I have set several field on sub window Sales User-Defined Fields Entry of Sales Transaction Entry as "Required". If the user remembers to click User-Defined, then they become required. But if the user never clicks on User-Defined from Sales Transaction Entry, then they can still save the new document without the required fields entered. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this asside from continual user training? Your answer is VBA. You own Modifer, so you also have VBA enabled. You'll need to write VBA code to open the window (literally, push the button) then set th...

User Authentication Error
Hello All, I am running CRM 3.0. I have the system administrator role. When attempting to merge 2 account records I receive an error that states, "The user authentication passed to the platform is not valid." I cannot merge the records. If anyone can, please advise. thanks. Keith ...

Auto Response with Exchange 5.5
I would like to create a auto response with Exchange 5.5. So when someone sends mail to careers@domain.com I can have an automated response go back. But I can't setup rules inside of outlook and keep it attached to the server I would like to make some sort of server side rule if possible?? Any suggestions? Thanks, BiG On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 15:09:59 -0400, bigdogg <bigdogg33_2000@yahoo.com> wrote: >I would like to create a auto response with Exchange 5.5. So when >someone sends mail to careers@domain.com I can have an automated >response go back. But I can't ...

auto forward problems
I setup a 'contact' for 5 existing users in Exchange 5.5 Administrator. I give the contacts the desired SMTP address where they want their mail forwarded to. I set the corresponding 'contact' as the 'alternate recipient' for each of the 5 as detailed in Q255697. 2 of 5 work, the other 3 do not. When sending to each of the 5, 3 return undeliverable stating "A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients." Any ideas? -adam Adam SK wrote: > I setup a 'con...

reply formatting in Outlook 2010
I set up my normal.email.dotm file to have 12 pts below each paragraph, which helps formatting issues when sending emails to people using gmail and other programs that interpret paragraph breaks differently than Outlook. That works just fine with new emails. However, when I reply to an email, even an html email, the formatting is not applied. I can fix this by choosing Format Text and then setting the spacing as per above, but this is a pain in the neck. Why don't reply emails use the same template? Is there a way to template replies so i can use the same formatting? thanks in advance, ...

cant send emails 02-14-10
I have tried everything you guys have suggested in the other posts, including uninstalling and reinstalling the mail software. I have two email accounts & neither will send. It had been working since Nov 09 and just suddenly stopped. I have windows 7 & windows live mail. Here is the error I keep getting: Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. This is the local server I use. Subject 'Fw: Fwd: xoxo' Server: 'smtp.acsalaska.net' Window...

E2K3
Our company is preparing for E2K3, one of the new policies we wanted to enforce was Prohibit Send and Receive limits. We did not enforce this in Ex5.5, but now we want to. Planned E2K3 limits would be 90MB-Warning, 100MB - Prohibit Send and 300MB - Prohibit Send and Receive. In our initial testing, it appears as though the Prohibit Send and Receive limit is not checked or enforced until the MAINTENANCE INTERVAL (MI)is run. We have this (MI) set to run at 1am-5am, so it looks like a user could continue to receive mail, say up to 900MB+ prior to the MI run, and after it runs, mail would ...

OWA
When using OWA, I can View my Emails on the company's 5.5 SP4 Exchange Server, I can use Find Name, and it will Search.. But I cannot send an Email, I get a window that pops up and says: "Failed to Send Item" Thanks... Ask in an Exchange newsgroup as OWA is part of Exchange not Outlook. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your mailbox! www.spa...

Lock Out Users for Maintenance
Is there a way to temporarily lock out all but the "sa" user? This would be very helpful when tasks such as Check Links is running. Mike, I guess the easiest way is to revoke users access to the company. Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 Great Package For Business Solutions daoudm@greatpbs.com http://www.greatpbs.com http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/ "MikeWal" wrote: > Is there a way to temporarily lock out all but the "sa" user? This would be > very helpful when tasks such as Check Links is runni...

SQL-Dynamics V10 Users
I have some messy stuff going on with Dynamics and SQL users. I have users that are users in the databases, but not in Dynamics, and users in Dynamics that are not in SQL. Is there a script or anything to run to straighten this out? Right now it is manual process where I have to go user by user, check in dynamics and which companies they use, then go to SQL and check each database... Any suggestions? -- Doug Why can't you do this through the user interface? Did you resore a backup of Dynamics of something? As far as I know, the only way to create a GP login is to do it throu...

Using 'like' on a user prompt
I want to prompt the user for a value to use to filter a form. Here is my command with the WhereCondition: docmd.OpenForm "test", acNormal, , "LastName=[Enter a Last Name]" I want to use the WhereCondition as a "LIKE" criteria. Variations on the WhereCondition itself that I've tried include various combinations of LastName LIKE %...% LastName LIKE *...* LastName LIKE [%...%] LastName LIKE [*...*] You get the idea... No luck so far. Any thoughts? On Thu, 27 May 2010 21:52:50 GMT, "RicDon" <u60397@uwe> wrote: >I wan...

User defined fields #2
Entered user defined fields the way I wanted, however, the software has now put it all in ascending order and there are no sort options available. Any way to correct without having to do it all over? Put in ascending order where?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "Darcy W." <Darcy W.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Problem sending message into outlook
I need to send a message into Outlook from a third party program that automatically sets up the subject line and inserts text into the body of the message. I'm using Delphi's ShellExecute command which just sends a message to Windows and lets Windows handle it. However, when I do this, it removes my signature text which I need and just puts the new text in instead. I tried telling the message window to add my signature, but that option is grayed out. Does anyone know how I can get both the new text and the signature in without having to load the signature into my program or ...

,net Users IIS
Hello, I just need some clarification: I added a user to the Membership Table using the CreateUserWizard. His name is "Bob" IIS7 shows "Bob" in the .NET Users. "Bob" is not in the web.config, but the status bar says its getting it from the web.config. Where was Bob given authorization if not in the web.config? and why does IIS say its getting his name from there? Thanks coder316 <coder316@gmail.com> wrote in news:5cfaa057-2299-487f-a3f7- 3f7d4df40f14@27g2000yqr.googlegroups.com: > I just need some clarification: > I added a...

Auto check email address
When typing in the TO: box, a drop-down list pops up with a list of names to choose from. Is there any way to edit the names in this list? Thanks for your help. I don't think there is. All that is is a list of recent addresses that you used. Same concept as "My Recent Documents" in Windows. I am wondering now if there is a way to reset it? "Pasbrig" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1444101c4182b$00e2a410$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When typing in the TO: box, a drop-down list pops up with > a list of names to choose from. > &g...

auto numbering spread throughout a document
I have word 2007. I'm working on a process memo with numbered steps. The steps are auto numbered. Within this document also have a series of internal controls that are numbered: "internal control 1.", "internal control 2." etc. Is there a way for me to auto number "internal control" so that each time I have to add one to my document it's automatically number and if I remove one it renumbers? These internal controls appear throughout the document and do have a specific formatting. Does this make sense? Thanks Create a Style for ...

reply not allowed
I have a problem. I can receive messages. Also I can send messages. But I can't reply to e-mail address. What should I do? http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm "zizavac" <zizavac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6E1CCA88-5BEB-4DFB-A41A-C1B9CDF98704@microsoft.com... >I have a problem. I can receive messages. Also I can send messages. But I > can't reply to e-mail address. What should I do? ...

Role Permissions to allow Sending an Email for a Lead
I've been slowly locking down my users' access in CRM 3.0, and must have done a very good job. They USED to be able to click send email and the email would go out through CRM, and get logged. Now, when they try to send an email, they get an error that they don't have sufficient permissions to view this record or perform this action. I've looked high and low, and can't figure out what role/security controls this. Does anyone have any ideas? thanks! I suggest, please find the role of this user. For example, "salesperson". Then, you need to check this role...

Too large to send, yet the file gets saved.
I noticed that a user's mailbox grew from 100KB to 400KB in a few days. This got my attention. I pokjed around and found that he had tried to zip a really big file and send it to his AOL account. (we won't talk about what was in that single file that would not compress al that well :-) ) The file was 161MB (obviously this is larger than global message delivery default) and it was in both his sent items and found in the bounce-back message from the system administrator: This message is larger than the current system limit or the recipient's mailbox is full. Create a shorter messa...