Disable sending Email

In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from
sending email?  He should be able to open and read his email but not be able
to send out email untill permitted.

Thanks
0
SI8771 (9)

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:01:03 -0800, "SI"
<SI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from
>sending email?  He should be able to open and read his email but not be able
>to send out email untill permitted.
>
>Thanks

You can do this on Internet mail by setting the Delivery Restriction
on the IMS to deny mail from him. That's a blanket ban and you'd have
to lift and restart restriction & IMS each time.
Another issue is internal. You can't stop him sending unless
authorised. Either he can or he can't. Internally you could deny him
access to send to anyone (in effect you tell every other mailbox to
reject mail from him) except a manager (moderator style). The
moderator then sends the message as himself.
0
mark7219 (5666)
3/17/2005 7:39:13 AM
Cool, thanks very much Mark.  Let me check this out and get back to you.

Thanks again

SI

"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:01:03 -0800, "SI"
> <SI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from
> >sending email?  He should be able to open and read his email but not be able
> >to send out email untill permitted.
> >
> >Thanks
>
> You can do this on Internet mail by setting the Delivery Restriction
> on the IMS to deny mail from him. That's a blanket ban and you'd have
> to lift and restart restriction & IMS each time.
> Another issue is internal. You can't stop him sending unless
> authorised. Either he can or he can't. Internally you could deny him
> access to send to anyone (in effect you tell every other mailbox to
> reject mail from him) except a manager (moderator style). The
> moderator then sends the message as himself.

0
SI8771 (9)
3/18/2005 1:33:01 AM
Finally got to it.

I was able to succefully perform the IMS restriction however, trying to
restrict sending email is not practical with over 16000 users.  Cannot go to
every mailbox and restrict one user (if this is what you suggeted).

By messing around his email properties, I was able to restrict the users
send capabilities by setting his Prohibit Send limit to 0 in the Information
Store storage limits.  He was able to receive email as per his other limits
but every time he tries to send out email, got an error about his storage
limits.

Any thoughts on this or any other ideas???

Thanks again Mark...

SI

"SI" wrote:

> Cool, thanks very much Mark.  Let me check this out and get back to you.
>
> Thanks again
>
> SI
>
> "Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:01:03 -0800, "SI"
> > <SI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> > >In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from
> > >sending email?  He should be able to open and read his email but not be able
> > >to send out email untill permitted.
> > >
> > >Thanks
> >
> > You can do this on Internet mail by setting the Delivery Restriction
> > on the IMS to deny mail from him. That's a blanket ban and you'd have
> > to lift and restart restriction & IMS each time.
> > Another issue is internal. You can't stop him sending unless
> > authorised. Either he can or he can't. Internally you could deny him
> > access to send to anyone (in effect you tell every other mailbox to
> > reject mail from him) except a manager (moderator style). The
> > moderator then sends the message as himself.

0
SI8771 (9)

Print Preview "Prev Page" but is always disabled
Hello, I have created an MFC application and have added Printing and Print Preview capability. The only problem i have is that the Prev Page button on the Print Preview toolbar is always disabled. The "Two Pages" button and "Next Page" are enabled and work correctly. I am setting the CPrintInfo::SetMaxPage() and CPrintInfo::SetMinPage() and CPrintInfo::m_nCurPage values in OnPreparePrinting() but this doesnt seem to make a difference. Is their anything else that i can try which will enable this button? Thanks Andy ...

how can disable service with bat file
Hi, Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. What service? "Vijay" wrote: > Hi, > > Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. > Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. That's funny ... weren't we just talking about Permissions? :-) Anyway, the command to control a Windows Service (enable, start, stop, disable, etc) is SC.EXE. Run SC /? at a command prompt to see the syntax. Put the necessary SC command in a batch file, and you are all set. Hope it helps, Andrew -- amclar at ...

I want to set Outlook to automatically send read receipts to a fol
I want Read Receipts to drop automatically into a Read Receipt folder. I see where you can send emails from particular persons to a folder, but not any Read Receipt from anyone. Normally receipts process on the sent item and are moved or deleted. See tools, options, email options, tracking. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:...

Send Immediately/Outbox
When I do this: 1. I open a draft of a post to a newsgroup (something I've been previously working on). 2. I finish the draft and it's ready to send. 2. I click Send. The post does not go to my Outbox and wait for me to Sync. It gets sent immediately. On the Send tab in Tools > Options, I have unchecked the box for Send Immediately, but WLM sends immediately anyway in these circumstances. Is this a bug? TIA. Geoff What setting is in place for 'Check messages every 'x' minutes ? and Each newsgroup (sync settings) ? - right click on...

Disable BU
A really quick one for you. If I disable a BU in MSCRM, does the corresponding OU in Active Directory become disabled? I think the answer probably 'No' as I actually cannot find a way to disable the OU manually and therefore cannot check, but if anyone has a definitive answer I would be grateful. Regards Peter John - thanks for your help. Regards Peter >-----Original Message----- >No, disabling BU in CRM will not disable corresponding OU in the AD, just like dissabling CRM user in CRM will not siable the corrsponding user in AD. > >"Pete" wrote: > &...

Hypertext and links in email received
The emails I receive do not have links underlined or in hypertext so that I can click on them and go to the linked web site. How do I fix this?? ...

Combo box
In Access 97, I'd like to automate sending an email if the status of "Completed" is selected from the dropdown list. The email would always go to the same address, basically a notification that the status is complete. Thanks, Mary I'd also like to include in the subject or message body the value in one field on the form if possible. "Mary" wrote: > In Access 97, I'd like to automate sending an email if the status of > "Completed" is selected from the dropdown list. The email would always go to > the same address, basically a notifi...

Sending a group of contacts an email with attachment
Hi all, In Microsoft CRM 3.0 it is possible to sent one customer an e-mail and include an attachment by opening the customer and choose the option "sent e-mail". Unfortunately selecting a couple of contacts choosing "Direct e-mail", picking a template does not provide to add an attachment to the e-mail. Also using the quick campaign, creating an e-mail you cannot add an attachment to it. I have already read some workarounds like: - putting the file on a website and only sent a download link. - creating a template with an attachment by workflow? The first option wi...

Free Voice Email for Outlook
WaxMail is a new, free plug-in for Outlook that allows voice messages to be recorded directly into email messages as MP3 attachments. WaxMail is available as a free download from http://www.waxmail.biz Not a very good way to spam --=20 Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. <paul.andrews@netralia.com> wrote in message = news:1131619526.283980.218080@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > WaxMail is a new, free plug-in for Outlook that allows voice messages > to be recorded directly into email...

disable macro warning
I added macro which I then deleted. Every time I enter system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros - how do I turn off this warning screen upon entering system when I have no macros in the worksheet? You need to remove the module that contained the macro. Press ALT+F11, go to View > Project Explorer (if needed), right-click on the module(s), and remove it. Save. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I added macro which I then deleted. Every time I enter >system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros - >how do I turn off this warnin...

To send txt messages
I'm using 2003 Server and Exchange 2003 as my mail server. Is it possible to configure these 2 servers (in coordination ofcourse with Telco who provides SMS service) in such a way I can send txt messages to our client. Or there's still other software package (from Microsoft) I need to install to have this kind of facility. Is this possible? Please help? Ask you Telco if they can provide you with e-mail to SMS gateway. Ask for requirments of such service\software\device. LIS wrote: > I'm using 2003 Server and Exchange 2003 as my mail server. Is it possible to > configur...

Steps to create a case from a support email
CRMers, When we get a support email from a customer, it moves to the support queue and is assigned to a support person. This works. Now, I am trying to understand how to create a case out of this email and am a bit confused. I would appreciate it if someone can help me with the following questions. Q1. When an email is received in the queue, you can double-click it and associated the "From" address to a contact. So far so good. However, to create a case out of the email, I don't see any option anywhere. There is a menu item to create a new case. However, in this case, I have to...

Reply emails are blank?
We are using Exchange 2003 SP1, not sure what version the other party is using but it is some version of Exchange. Problem: the remote user sends one of my users an email. My user replies to it, but when the remote user receives it the message body is blank. My user can send a new email message (not replying to one) to the remote user and everything comes over fine. The remote user is using email stationary. I have had her change her email format to plain text, but it still sends as HTML. Does stationary force HTML? I haven't had a chance to have her stop using the stationary...

pop up alerts on sending mails!
Hi, I have an automatic mailer in my application and it iterates thro' all the messages in the queue and having made a connection uses Outlook to send them, but during testing I get alerted twice once when it accesses the contacts list and then again when it is about to send the message, is this something that can be circumvented. I have read bits and bobs over time about Exchange, does the pc with the internet connection need to have it running or something? What's the story on this one? Anyone know? Thanks in advance Colin B Welcome to the enhanced security introduced with Out...

forwarding emails #2
Is there a way to forward a users emails to an external email address in exchange 2003 sp2? I know you can forward to internal email addresses but don't see the option to forward to an external address. Hi When you say forward do you want an email that is sent from an internal user to another internal user to forward to an external address? If so just create a contact with the external email address and on the AD Account that needs to be forwarded set Delivery | "Forward to" selecting the newly created contact Regards Ben Hoffman Microsoft MVP - Windows Server System...

send as attachment
I have office 2002. If I have an word file and go to => file => send to => mail receiptment (as attachment) The subject of that mail is going to be the same as the name of the file. I want to put in the document properties the subject is something else. In office 200 it worked good. Now not anymore. does anyone has an answer why it don't work now? please help ...

Animations in emails?
Hi, Is it possible to include animations in a page in publisher which I'm sending directly by email (not as an attachment), i.e. will the animations be animated or will they remain static? Thanks Did you think to email it to yourself and see what the answer is? That's the short answer, the long answer is that animated gifs are supported in html. The Send as mail feature turns the page into an html mail message. But how that message is received depends on the recievers email client and it's support of html and images (static or otherwise). -- David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP] h...

multi smtp email address
i've some users associated to more than one email address; when i try to send a new email, it always is sent by default user email address, but i need to send mail from all user email account, how can i do ? thanks Nathan You could create additional mailboxes for that user, and get them to use the From field in Outlook. There's also an event sink called 'ChooseFrom' here: http://www.ivasoft.biz/choosefrom.html that will do this on the server side. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "nathan&quo...

sends the same email several times
my recipients are getting several copies of the same email I send Help "PJ" <PJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B9C90285-B85C-4FEF-BDCE-A267A9428735@microsoft.com... > my recipients are getting several copies of the same email I send Help Are the emails normal small mail or do they have large attachments? If the former then check that you do not have your account set up more than once, Tools Menu>Accounts. If the later then is WM set to break apart messages larger than a certain size? Check for this on the advanced tab of your...

Max email count reached
Hi everyone, I found there's a limit of 16,000+ in the "Sent items" box. When the "Sent items" box is full, all those emails in the "Outbox" sending timestamp become null, and I've to open and click each outgoing email to be sent. Can this max mail count in the "Sent items" be set anywhere, suppose in the registry or what? Thanks in advance. Kriste Why on earth would you want 16k mails in your inbox? Your not telling me you can reference a specific mail with ease? See help, Archiving "Kriste L" <whiteegg@hotmail.com> wrote ...

Sending data to Access DB from Excel
I am still a n00b to using access with Excel so I need some help here. I want to have like a system where users can sign up via th spreadsheet. They fill in 5 different pieces of information then clic the submit button. This then sends it to the Access database to a tabl called Members Table. Can someone guide me in doing this please? Thanks very much -- tatl ----------------------------------------------------------------------- tatla's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=682 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31974...

emailing newsletter
I created a newsletter under the email section in publisher. Then I converted it to a web page & 'sent page as message.' Why did only a few people receive it [the help section states that recipients do not need publisher to read the newsletter]? I wanted to avoid attachments. Please help! Because some people have their email set to plain text only and there's nothing you can do to get around that. If you want to make sure that all of your target audience can read your newsletters that you need to send it as an attachment. Either that or put it on the web somewhere a...

pictures on email will not forward with text. just a white box
when i forward an email with pictures on it - not attachments - it will not enclude the picture. just a white box where the pictures were. thanks ...

How to hide the "Properties" of an email address
I often receive email where I am one of several recepients. Usually, if you right-click on the name of someone in the TO list, you can choose Properties, and determine that person's email address. That can be a problem for that person, if he/she wants to keep his/her email address private. I recently received an email, but when I right-clicked on the names in the TO list, I could not get the Properties information. It appears that the sender knows how to list the person's name in the TO list, but prevent his/her email address from being determined. I would like to know how t...

Disable sending Email
In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from sending email? He should be able to open and read his email but not be able to send out email untill permitted. Thanks On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:01:03 -0800, "SI" <SI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from >sending email? He should be able to open and read his email but not be able >to send out email untill permitted. > >Thanks You can do this on Internet mail by setting the Delivery Restriction on the IMS to deny mail...