Disable Recieving of files

I want to setup a mailbox on my server so that a user can send emails to
their home email account, but not be able to recieve. Is this possible?


0
1/19/2004 7:09:55 PM
exchange.admin 57650 articles. 2 followers. Follow

3 Replies
480 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 10

Michael,

Could you rephrase the question? I am not sure what you are trying to do.
You can setup a contact that will forward e-mails sent to the server to
another address.


-- 
Jared Gradle
Exchange Support Professional

****** Disclaimer ******
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Note: Please do NOT reply to this e-mail address. It is used for newsgroup
purposes only.


"Michael San Filippo" <michael@lutz-sanfilippo.nospam.com> wrote in message
news:%23BD689r3DHA.1264@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> I want to setup a mailbox on my server so that a user can send emails to
> their home email account, but not be able to recieve. Is this possible?
>
>


0
jaredg (55)
1/19/2004 7:14:53 PM
I setup a mailbox in order to allow a user to use exchange while terminal
serviced in.

THey user outlook and that email address i made for them so that they can
send documents to their home email addresses. I want to make sure that they
cannot recieve any messages only send out on my server.


"Jared Gradle [MSFT]" <jaredg@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:e6S0DCs3DHA.2308@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Michael,
>
> Could you rephrase the question? I am not sure what you are trying to do.
> You can setup a contact that will forward e-mails sent to the server to
> another address.
>
>
> -- 
> Jared Gradle
> Exchange Support Professional
>
> ****** Disclaimer ******
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.
>
> Note: Please do NOT reply to this e-mail address. It is used for newsgroup
> purposes only.
>
>
> "Michael San Filippo" <michael@lutz-sanfilippo.nospam.com> wrote in
message
> news:%23BD689r3DHA.1264@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> > I want to setup a mailbox on my server so that a user can send emails to
> > their home email account, but not be able to recieve. Is this possible?
> >
> >
>
>


0
1/19/2004 7:28:02 PM
Specify invalid (like 1@1.1) e-mail address for that mailbox.

Michael San Filippo wrote:

> I setup a mailbox in order to allow a user to use exchange while terminal
> serviced in.
>
> THey user outlook and that email address i made for them so that they can
> send documents to their home email addresses. I want to make sure that they
> cannot recieve any messages only send out on my server.
>
> "Jared Gradle [MSFT]" <jaredg@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:e6S0DCs3DHA.2308@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> > Michael,
> >
> > Could you rephrase the question? I am not sure what you are trying to do.
> > You can setup a contact that will forward e-mails sent to the server to
> > another address.
> >
> >
> > --
> > Jared Gradle
> > Exchange Support Professional
> >
> > ****** Disclaimer ******
> > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
> rights.
> >
> > Note: Please do NOT reply to this e-mail address. It is used for newsgroup
> > purposes only.
> >
> >
> > "Michael San Filippo" <michael@lutz-sanfilippo.nospam.com> wrote in
> message
> > news:%23BD689r3DHA.1264@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> > > I want to setup a mailbox on my server so that a user can send emails to
> > > their home email account, but not be able to recieve. Is this possible?
> > >
> > >
> >
> >

0
kpalagin1 (1216)
1/20/2004 9:55:43 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Disable BU
A really quick one for you. If I disable a BU in MSCRM, does the corresponding OU in Active Directory become disabled? I think the answer probably 'No' as I actually cannot find a way to disable the OU manually and therefore cannot check, but if anyone has a definitive answer I would be grateful. Regards Peter John - thanks for your help. Regards Peter >-----Original Message----- >No, disabling BU in CRM will not disable corresponding OU in the AD, just like dissabling CRM user in CRM will not siable the corrsponding user in AD. > >"Pete" wrote: > &...

Excel 2002 can't read files
All of a sudden, my excel 2002 reports all my files as "unable to read". They can be opened on other computers. I've tried repairing Office and running a virus scan, but it still won't work. Even new files won't open again after I save them once. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Disable the Office Plugin that comes with Symantec/Norton AntiVirus. See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329820 "How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in" for more info. "Batty boy" wrote: > All of a sudden, my excel 2002 reports...

how do i delete archive folders when the pst file is missing
We recently updated to a mocrosoft exchange server and several of my pst files were somehow lost. I am resigned to missing the info but now I have all the archive folders listed on my navigation pane and no way to delete them. Any suggestions? duchenej <duchenej@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We recently updated to a mocrosoft exchange server and several of my > pst files were somehow lost. I am resigned to missing the info but > now I have all the archive folders listed on my navigation pane and > no way to delete them. Any suggestions? If right-click>Close won...

Print Preview "Prev Page" but is always disabled
Hello, I have created an MFC application and have added Printing and Print Preview capability. The only problem i have is that the Prev Page button on the Print Preview toolbar is always disabled. The "Two Pages" button and "Next Page" are enabled and work correctly. I am setting the CPrintInfo::SetMaxPage() and CPrintInfo::SetMinPage() and CPrintInfo::m_nCurPage values in OnPreparePrinting() but this doesnt seem to make a difference. Is their anything else that i can try which will enable this button? Thanks Andy ...

how can disable service with bat file
Hi, Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. What service? "Vijay" wrote: > Hi, > > Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. > Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. That's funny ... weren't we just talking about Permissions? :-) Anyway, the command to control a Windows Service (enable, start, stop, disable, etc) is SC.EXE. Run SC /? at a command prompt to see the syntax. Put the necessary SC command in a batch file, and you are all set. Hope it helps, Andrew -- amclar at ...

disable macro warning
I added macro which I then deleted. Every time I enter system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros - how do I turn off this warning screen upon entering system when I have no macros in the worksheet? You need to remove the module that contained the macro. Press ALT+F11, go to View > Project Explorer (if needed), right-click on the module(s), and remove it. Save. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I added macro which I then deleted. Every time I enter >system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros - >how do I turn off this warnin...

Delegate user for file sharing?
Hello All, We need to have ordinary users the ability to share folders on there local drives i am looking for a way to achieve this granular settings without giving more extra security option equivalent to Power user. Is this option available in delegation if yes what option to achieve that. Please advice Thanks, Hello Tal Bar-Or, Never heard about another way then making them Power users. Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups ...

Disable sending Email
In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from sending email? He should be able to open and read his email but not be able to send out email untill permitted. Thanks On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:01:03 -0800, "SI" <SI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from >sending email? He should be able to open and read his email but not be able >to send out email untill permitted. > >Thanks You can do this on Internet mail by setting the Delivery Restriction on the IMS to deny mail...

ADP Payroll File
We just implemented ADP for payroll but we do not have the payroll module in GP 9.0. What is the best way to get these checks into bank recon? Does anyone have a good process for doing this? I am assuming we get a file from ADP and upload through int manager. Has anyone had a good experience with getting a file from their bank of the checks that cleared. Does this happen automatically or is this a manual process? Any input would be appreciated for we are trying to come up with the best process ASAP. Thanks Barb Barb, I implemented this for a national theater megaplex builder...

How to get a separate Undo for each of several files?
To demonstrate on two files: write A into file 1, then B into file 2, C into file 1, D into file 2 Now, in whichever window you use Undo, it will first remove the D, then C, then B, then A. While this can be useful, it is not a behaviour I would prefer, but rather an Undo that only works for the current file. How can I turn it off? I have the feint idea this is a new feature (I am speaking here of Excel 2003). I don't think it's a new feature. And undo is an application feature. You may want to request an enhancement to xlwish@microsoft.com Peter Sidor wrote: > > To d...

Disable Cached Mode
Hi all! Is there any way to disable Cached Mode (CM) on Exchange 2003? Sure, I can do it with GPO, but some computers can be out of scope of this GPO and then they will be able to turn on the CM in their Offce 2003. But CM is critical security risk and I have to disable it. At http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP010000781033.aspx?Product=out2003 I can read: "Exchange server administrators have the ability to disable this feature in Outlook. For more information, contact your Exchange server administrator. Additional information for administrators is available in the Mi...

SMTP being disabled
HI Exchange 2003 / Server 2003 I'm just having a world of problems with Exchange all of a sudden... It's been up and running about 2 months but all of a sudden it's going nuts... The SMTP service is being stopped and set to disabled. This is happening each morning around 1 AM. The only thing I can find in the event logs is event 7035 - The SMTP service was successfully sent a stop control and then Event 7040 - The start type of SMTP service was changed from auto start to disabled For the life of me, I can't find what is originating these commands.... I thought maybe t...

how do you export excel files to Quickbooks Simple edition
I'm a newbie....I need to know if you can export invoices that are on EXCEL templates into Quickbooks invoice file or sales receipt file. Thanks for any help on this quest. Dianna In quickbooks go to file import excel "Newbie Dianna" wrote: > I'm a newbie....I need to know if you can export invoices that are on EXCEL > templates into Quickbooks invoice file or sales receipt file. > > Thanks for any help on this quest. > Dianna ...

Enable/Disable Macro Pop-Up
In the older version of Office when you opened an excel or other office document that had a macro in it - you would get a pop up and the opportunity to enable or disable it. Is there a way to get that same pop-up in 2007? See Help, macro setting Change macro security settings in Excel juamig wrote: > In the older version of Office when you opened an excel or other office > document that had a macro in it - you would get a pop up and the opportunity > to enable or disable it. Is there a way to get that same pop-up in 2007? > Right, someone else told me the...

How do I get rid of #agg fields when Importing an XML file into E.
I'm importing an XML file that has int and double information within it. When the data is imported into Excel I get an extra column tagged with #agg For example: - <NewDataSet> - <Results> <FOO>41.01</FOO> </Results> This creates two columns when importing to Excel /Results/FOO /Results/FOO/#agg 41.01 41.01 ...

Protecting sheet disables Grouping buttons
I am delivering a worksheet to a client, and have protected it. As well as stopping people changing the data, though, it also stops them using the Grouping buttons. How can I enable grouping on a protected sheet? If you already have the outline applied, you can protect the worksheet in code (auto_open/workbook_open??). Option Explicit Sub auto_open() With Worksheets("sheet1") .Protect Password:="hi", userinterfaceonly:=True .EnableOutlining = True .EnableAutoFilter = True End With End Sub (I wasn't sure what caused your outlining--...

What file type can publisher open and edit?
Hello Everyone, I'm using MS Publisher 2007 and would like to know what other type of files it can use and edit other than *.pub files? If it can only use *.pub files, how can a person convert a *.PDF file to a *.Pub file? what other file types can be converted to a *.Pub file? Thanks to all who reply, Ismael By the way I'm using MS Publisher 2007 (12.0.6527.5000) SP2 MSO (12.0.6529.5000) "Ismael" wrote: > Hello Everyone, > > I'm using MS Publisher 2007 and would like to know what other type of files > it can use and edit other ...

Disable Trended Deposits
Does anyone know how to turn off trended deposits (forecasted) feature? If you press the customize option on the left hand side, you can change it to show budget entries instead of trends -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially if it's a UK specific wish. I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money <a...

Excel file very large in size?
I have made excel workbook with 10 sheets. It is simple and has one sheet with graph, and also 4 pictures of size 300Kb. Why excel file is over 3100 Kb in size, or this is ok? Thanks in advance Marc Excel is noted for over-estimating the actual used range on a sheet. See Debra Dalgleish's site for info and instructions for resetting. http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlfaqApp.html#Unused Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 22:37:45 +0200, "Marc" <marc5@hotmail.com> wrote: >I have made excel workbook with 10 sheets. It is simple and has one sheet >with gra...

Disabling New Records on Forms in VB
Hi Everyone, I have designed a form which successfully supresses the ability to create new records by setting the AllowAdditions property to "No". The problem is that when I open the form using the code below the form once again allows additions and I can't figure out how to prevent this. I tagged the "Me.AllowAdditions = False" into the openargs section but to no avail. If anyone can spot the problem in my code I would be very grateful. Thanks, John ******* Start Code ******* Private Sub cmdView_Click() Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As ...

Disable username, password and domain prompt
Greetings... I currently have a network with computers running Windows 2000 with Outlook 2000 SR-1 and am in the process of upgrading the computers to Windows XP with Outlook 2002 SP3. One of my users has an issue where he has to type in his username, password, and the domain every time he opens up Outlook on the Windows XP machines, but never on the Windows 2000 machines. The option to uncheck the "Always prompt for username and password" box is not found on either version of Outlook, and he is set up for NT password authentication in his Outlook settings. Is there something else...

How can I prevent Project from starting a New file when starting?
99% of the time I open Project, I want to open an existing project, not start a new one. Because we're using project server, I don't even know where the files are, so I can't open them directly. I access them through File/Open/Retrieve from Project Server. So how can I prevent Project from starting a New file when starting (forcing me to close/discard changes everytime)? JB -- Since you didn't specify a version, I will assume you are using Microsoft Project 2007. Do the following: 1. Click Tools - Options - General. 2. Select the "Open last file ...

Disable page caching without disabling caching of jpegs and stylesheets etc
Hi, We have a data based web app that basically must not cache any of the pages as they contain real time data. I am currently using the following line in the page template on the PreInit event: Response.Cache.SetCacheability(HttpCacheability.NoCache) Will this prevent things like Jpegs and CSS stylesheets from being cached as well? If so is there another way of doing this? Cheers, James JimLad wrote: > We have a data based web app that basically must not cache any of the > pages as they contain real time data. > > I am currently using the following line...

disable F1
Is there a way to disable the F1 Hot Key so that the Help Menu doesn't pop up? Place these in a standard module: Sub DisableF1() Application.OnKey "{F1}", "" End Sub Sub EnableF1() Application.OnKey "{F1}" End Sub HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to disable the F1 Hot Key so that the Help Menu doesn't pop up? >. > ...

File recovery from C Drive
Here Is A Scenario: I upload a Word or Excel document to my PC from a USB (Pen) Drive & open but do not modify the document I then close Word / Excel and remove the USB Due to utter, utter stupidity, the USB is then lost or destroyed Can I recover the document I opened on my PC via the C: Drive or is it lost forever? If I can't fully recover the document, what traces remain? ...