Disable OWA By User

Without getting into a discussion of Certifictates, In A Server2003/EXCH2003
can you diable OWA by user?

--
"Hell, I would Piss on a Spark Plug  if it would make the Darn Thing Work"

0
wildcat66 (15)

Aparently, but I have never tried it. Open the user account in Active
Directory Users and Computer (exchange integrated version of course) and
select the Exchange Features tab. There is an option to enable or disable
Outlook Web Access there.

Cheers

Adam

"James Stoddard" wrote:

> Without getting into a discussion of Certifictates, In A Server2003/EXCH2003
> can you diable OWA by user?
>
> --
> "Hell, I would Piss on a Spark Plug  if it would make the Darn Thing Work"

0
AdamWhite (13)
11/10/2004 2:07:02 AM
In addition to what Adam said, you may want to do this for many users at
once, which can be a tedious process.  Do a Google search for the
ADModify.NET tool, which will allow you to change many attributes in bulk
(one of which is the ability to disable OWA for users).

--
Neil Hobson
Exchange MVP

For Exchange news, links, and tips, check:
http://www.msexchange.co.uk

"James Stoddard" <wildcat66@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Without getting into a discussion of Certifictates, In A
Server2003/EXCH2003
> can you diable OWA by user?
>
> --
> "Hell, I would Piss on a Spark Plug  if it would make the Darn Thing Work"

0
neil.hobson (1158)

OWA on a Different Server
I have an Exchange 5.5 Server and a separate Web server that hosts the Exchange OWA. I recall there was a setting that had to direct it to your exchange server. Could someone please point me in the right direction? I think it's a file that is created during setup but since we moved servers it is still pointing to the old server. I need to know what file to edit to point to the new server. BTW:Please ignore my post in exchange2000.admin. I clicked too quick. "Chris Cairns" <ccairns@hampton-hampton.com> wrote: >I have an Exchange 5.5 Server and a separate Web se...

how can disable service with bat file
Hi, Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. What service? "Vijay" wrote: > Hi, > > Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. > Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. That's funny ... weren't we just talking about Permissions? :-) Anyway, the command to control a Windows Service (enable, start, stop, disable, etc) is SC.EXE. Run SC /? at a command prompt to see the syntax. Put the necessary SC command in a batch file, and you are all set. Hope it helps, Andrew -- amclar at ...

Print Preview "Prev Page" but is always disabled
Hello, I have created an MFC application and have added Printing and Print Preview capability. The only problem i have is that the Prev Page button on the Print Preview toolbar is always disabled. The "Two Pages" button and "Next Page" are enabled and work correctly. I am setting the CPrintInfo::SetMaxPage() and CPrintInfo::SetMinPage() and CPrintInfo::m_nCurPage values in OnPreparePrinting() but this doesnt seem to make a difference. Is their anything else that i can try which will enable this button? Thanks Andy ...

Disable BU
A really quick one for you. If I disable a BU in MSCRM, does the corresponding OU in Active Directory become disabled? I think the answer probably 'No' as I actually cannot find a way to disable the OU manually and therefore cannot check, but if anyone has a definitive answer I would be grateful. Regards Peter John - thanks for your help. Regards Peter >-----Original Message----- >No, disabling BU in CRM will not disable corresponding OU in the AD, just like dissabling CRM user in CRM will not siable the corrsponding user in AD. > >"Pete" wrote: > &...

Microsoft CRM Server User Input
I am trying to install Microsoft 3.0 server professional edition on a machine running Windows 2003 server. When selecting the organizational unit I selected the top node domain name. However, the setup fails giving the following error: Microsoft CRM Server User Input Details: "The following permissions are required for organizational unit and all child objects: read, write, modify permissions, create child objects, all extended rights. Current user does not have these permissions for the Active Directory Organizational Unit: DC=MyDomain,DC=com." Any suggestions? Hello Nawar ...

disable macro warning
I added macro which I then deleted. Every time I enter system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros - how do I turn off this warning screen upon entering system when I have no macros in the worksheet? You need to remove the module that contained the macro. Press ALT+F11, go to View > Project Explorer (if needed), right-click on the module(s), and remove it. Save. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I added macro which I then deleted. Every time I enter >system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros - >how do I turn off this warnin...

Disable sending Email
In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from sending email? He should be able to open and read his email but not be able to send out email untill permitted. Thanks On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:01:03 -0800, "SI" <SI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from >sending email? He should be able to open and read his email but not be able >to send out email untill permitted. > >Thanks You can do this on Internet mail by setting the Delivery Restriction on the IMS to deny mail...

Delegate user for file sharing?
Hello All, We need to have ordinary users the ability to share folders on there local drives i am looking for a way to achieve this granular settings without giving more extra security option equivalent to Power user. Is this option available in delegation if yes what option to achieve that. Please advice Thanks, Hello Tal Bar-Or, Never heard about another way then making them Power users. Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups ...

Ex2k OWA
I have configured OWA in Ex2k, is there a way where I can specific a group of user can access within Lan or External environment??? Thanks. Frodo, I suppose this may be what you want: How to Disable Outlook Web Access for Specific Users http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3ClientAccGuide/253788f6-1e5b-4ea9-8d27-cf47060d202a.mspx -- - David Aschmann MCSE: Messaging, Security+ "Frodo" wrote: > I have configured OWA in Ex2k, is there a way where I can specific a group > of user > can access within Lan or External environment??? > &g...

Disable Cached Mode
Hi all! Is there any way to disable Cached Mode (CM) on Exchange 2003? Sure, I can do it with GPO, but some computers can be out of scope of this GPO and then they will be able to turn on the CM in their Offce 2003. But CM is critical security risk and I have to disable it. At http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP010000781033.aspx?Product=out2003 I can read: "Exchange server administrators have the ability to disable this feature in Outlook. For more information, contact your Exchange server administrator. Additional information for administrators is available in the Mi...

user forms #5
Hello, I have created a user form (click on New Employee). How do I get the information entered in to this form to appear in the correct columns in the Payroll data sheet? And how do I get the combo boxes to display the drop down information from the sheet called input. Regards Runner77 -- Runner77 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Runner77's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30388 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=500502 ...

Exchange 5.5 user problem: not receiving mail until sending mail
Hi - One (only one) user does not receive internal mail from a different site until he sends mail to that site (both servers Exchange 5.5, client is Windows XP w/ Outlook 2000 SP3), then he gets whatever is waiting for him in the queue all at once. Does not seem to happen when sending to the outside, only on internal servers--and it's only one user? Weird. Any ideas on how to resolve this issue or what is going on? Thanks! bhr The new mail notification uses UDP - it's likely that this is being blocked on the workstation itself by the built-in firewall after applying SP1 for XP. He...

SMTP being disabled
HI Exchange 2003 / Server 2003 I'm just having a world of problems with Exchange all of a sudden... It's been up and running about 2 months but all of a sudden it's going nuts... The SMTP service is being stopped and set to disabled. This is happening each morning around 1 AM. The only thing I can find in the event logs is event 7035 - The SMTP service was successfully sent a stop control and then Event 7040 - The start type of SMTP service was changed from auto start to disabled For the life of me, I can't find what is originating these commands.... I thought maybe t...

owa and 404 errors
I am trying to get my front end server that is on the inside network on the same subnet as my backend server to work but I get 404 errors. any tips on resolving this. P.S I am in the process of deploying isa in the dmz for this as well but I want this to work first. ...

Enable/Disable Macro Pop-Up
In the older version of Office when you opened an excel or other office document that had a macro in it - you would get a pop up and the opportunity to enable or disable it. Is there a way to get that same pop-up in 2007? See Help, macro setting Change macro security settings in Excel juamig wrote: > In the older version of Office when you opened an excel or other office > document that had a macro in it - you would get a pop up and the opportunity > to enable or disable it. Is there a way to get that same pop-up in 2007? > Right, someone else told me the...

Protecting sheet disables Grouping buttons
I am delivering a worksheet to a client, and have protected it. As well as stopping people changing the data, though, it also stops them using the Grouping buttons. How can I enable grouping on a protected sheet? If you already have the outline applied, you can protect the worksheet in code (auto_open/workbook_open??). Option Explicit Sub auto_open() With Worksheets("sheet1") .Protect Password:="hi", userinterfaceonly:=True .EnableOutlining = True .EnableAutoFilter = True End With End Sub (I wasn't sure what caused your outlining--...

Users do not show up in GAL.
Hello all. I have this strange problem that users who resides in some AD OU's do not show up in the GAL in outlook. But they DO show up when i do a preview of the GAL on the Exchange Server. More info. The GAL is in the 'ShowInAddressBook' attribute. When i create a custom address list with those users in it, this works fine. The problem only exists with the GAL. We have an exchange 2000 server, fully patched in an Windows 2000 AD. Can anyone explain me this strange behaviour? Thank you very much for responding. Joeri I sometimes find that it takes a while for people to ap...

Disable Trended Deposits
Does anyone know how to turn off trended deposits (forecasted) feature? If you press the customize option on the left hand side, you can change it to show budget entries instead of trends -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially if it's a UK specific wish. I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money <a...

Disabling New Records on Forms in VB
Hi Everyone, I have designed a form which successfully supresses the ability to create new records by setting the AllowAdditions property to "No". The problem is that when I open the form using the code below the form once again allows additions and I can't figure out how to prevent this. I tagged the "Me.AllowAdditions = False" into the openargs section but to no avail. If anyone can spot the problem in my code I would be very grateful. Thanks, John ******* Start Code ******* Private Sub cmdView_Click() Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As ...

Excel 2003 Forms (Not User Forms)
Can someone please answer some questions about how Excel works when trying to create a form with protected/unprotected cells... 1. When the worksheet is protected, it seems to block the ability to copy & paste objects into unprotected cells (is there a way around this?) 2. To duplicate the 'look' of existing paper forms, I have had to combine/merge cells to approximate the same positioning in the Excel file... when typing in an unprotected cell below the merged cells, the type disappears where the cells above have been merged and does not spread across the blank cel...

Disable username, password and domain prompt
Greetings... I currently have a network with computers running Windows 2000 with Outlook 2000 SR-1 and am in the process of upgrading the computers to Windows XP with Outlook 2002 SP3. One of my users has an issue where he has to type in his username, password, and the domain every time he opens up Outlook on the Windows XP machines, but never on the Windows 2000 machines. The option to uncheck the "Always prompt for username and password" box is not found on either version of Outlook, and he is set up for NT password authentication in his Outlook settings. Is there something else...

Company / Contact details available to non CRM users
Has anybody seen a solution where you can make company and contact details available to users outside of the CRM user base, we would like non CRM users to be able to look up company and contact details, address, phone numbers, email address etc, but do not require to update any information in CRM, can this be copied into public outlook folders for example or accessed with a web page? Does anyone know if this would break licensing rules? Thanks in Advance I guess you have to write some scripts to get the data from the table directly. I would also want to know whether it will break the...

Disable page caching without disabling caching of jpegs and stylesheets etc
Hi, We have a data based web app that basically must not cache any of the pages as they contain real time data. I am currently using the following line in the page template on the PreInit event: Response.Cache.SetCacheability(HttpCacheability.NoCache) Will this prevent things like Jpegs and CSS stylesheets from being cached as well? If so is there another way of doing this? Cheers, James JimLad wrote: > We have a data based web app that basically must not cache any of the > pages as they contain real time data. > > I am currently using the following line...

disable F1
Is there a way to disable the F1 Hot Key so that the Help Menu doesn't pop up? Place these in a standard module: Sub DisableF1() Application.OnKey "{F1}", "" End Sub Sub EnableF1() Application.OnKey "{F1}" End Sub HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to disable the F1 Hot Key so that the Help Menu doesn't pop up? >. > ...

To further understand OWA, authentication & default domain
For a customer of mine where I don't have the luxury of doing tests on their production OWA 2003 server I was wondering if I might clarify, via this newsgroup, how authentication works. Quick background: A. Customer wants to logon using just "user" rather than "domain\user". B. Got this working (i.e. def.domain) by disabling WIN.INTEG.auth and using BASIC auth.only (VD level) C. Customer is resisting SSL at the moment, which is what prompts this inquiry. Questions: 1. Default Website security is set to ANON only, nothing else. Is this usually the best way? Doe...