disable mail outside the domain

Hi all,

I'm trying to setup a configuration in wich I:

Grant permission to some users, who can mail outside the internal domain

and

Restrict some users so that they can't mail outside the .local domain...

Can someone please help me?

Thanks in advance!

Mark

0
mark8100 (1)

This should help

Nue
"Mark van Gurchom" <mark@cnbit.nl> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to setup a configuration in wich I:
>
> Grant permission to some users, who can mail outside the internal domain
>
> and
>
> Restrict some users so that they can't mail outside the .local domain...
>
> Can someone please help me?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Mark

0
imaneophyte (3004)
6/27/2006 3:07:29 PM
To stop users from sending outbound mail - use Delivery Restrictions on SMTP
Connector(s).
To stop users from receiving inbound internet mail - you can set up their
accounts to accept mail from authenticated senders only.

--
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange

"Mark van Gurchom" <mark@cnbit.nl> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to setup a configuration in wich I:
>
> Grant permission to some users, who can mail outside the internal domain
>
> and
>
> Restrict some users so that they can't mail outside the .local domain...
>
> Can someone please help me?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Mark

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)

Outlook 98 e-mails not going to sent items.
This is a weird problem from my behalf, when i send an e-mial no matter to who, the e-mail does not go to the sent items folder. Can anyone help out, thank you. Marcel. ...

Missing e-mails #5
All of me received e-mail messages from 5/9/09 through 5/25/09 are missing. Where did they go, and how do I get them back? -- Regards, George Stubbs "George Stubbs" <GeorgeStubbs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF408F50-C8AC-4A9B-A2D3-AF8B9D4765AD@microsoft.com... > All of me received e-mail messages from 5/9/09 through 5/25/09 are missing. > Where did they go, and how do I get them back? Since we have no idea what you did to lose them, it would be nearly impossible for us to tell you how to get them back. The usual answers apply: look in Deleted...

Disable BU
A really quick one for you. If I disable a BU in MSCRM, does the corresponding OU in Active Directory become disabled? I think the answer probably 'No' as I actually cannot find a way to disable the OU manually and therefore cannot check, but if anyone has a definitive answer I would be grateful. Regards Peter John - thanks for your help. Regards Peter >-----Original Message----- >No, disabling BU in CRM will not disable corresponding OU in the AD, just like dissabling CRM user in CRM will not siable the corrsponding user in AD. > >"Pete" wrote: > &...

Print Preview "Prev Page" but is always disabled
Hello, I have created an MFC application and have added Printing and Print Preview capability. The only problem i have is that the Prev Page button on the Print Preview toolbar is always disabled. The "Two Pages" button and "Next Page" are enabled and work correctly. I am setting the CPrintInfo::SetMaxPage() and CPrintInfo::SetMinPage() and CPrintInfo::m_nCurPage values in OnPreparePrinting() but this doesnt seem to make a difference. Is their anything else that i can try which will enable this button? Thanks Andy ...

how can disable service with bat file
Hi, Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. What service? "Vijay" wrote: > Hi, > > Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. > Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. That's funny ... weren't we just talking about Permissions? :-) Anyway, the command to control a Windows Service (enable, start, stop, disable, etc) is SC.EXE. Run SC /? at a command prompt to see the syntax. Put the necessary SC command in a batch file, and you are all set. Hope it helps, Andrew -- amclar at ...

Cannot get incoming e-mail
All my accounts setup on outlook do not work, for incoming e-mail. However, I am able to send out going, any help would be appreciated. This is the error message I get An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'pop.registeredsite.com', Server: 'pop.registeredsite.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800C0133 Raj, I guess its you inbox.dbx file that nis corrupted.Renaming it woul be the best options but then you would loose all your mail in you inbox folder. I suggest you copy your mail from your inbox folder to a new folde in outlook.The...

Outlook 2000 & Yahoo e mail account
Hi I set up the new mail account using instructions from the Yahoo help. I am able to send and receive e mails from my Yahoo account however when I tried the test accounts settings in Outlook 2000 I get this error message ... unable to send test message please verify the e mail address field Any idea why this is happening? the address field shows my correct yahoo e mail Thanks Gerardo ...

Junk Mail Folder size
Is there a way to scan a users mailbox and show details of the junk mail folder. I am looking for a way to create a report that will show me the John Doe has 200 items in his junk mail folder and it is currently 3mb in size. I would also like to use this on other folders as well. (ie sent folder) Thanks in advance Any way? You could write a program. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "faf1967" <faf1967@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D9DB97C-D543-4685-8BB5-042DE58A0CDD@microsoft.com... > Is t...

IMAP mail with Outlook 2002
I am having three separate difficulties with using IMAP mail with Outlook 2002, sp-2 I have three *.pst data files; One for archiving, one for the IMAP and one as a local account. The problem is between the local PST data file (personal folder) and the IMAP PST data file. Maybe I should somehow have the inbox in my personal folder be a IMAP, but I don't think that is possible Here are the three problems: 1.> Sent Items do not go into the IMAP "sent items" folder, they go into the local outlook data file folder's "sent items" I can not find a settin...

disable macro warning
I added macro which I then deleted. Every time I enter system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros - how do I turn off this warning screen upon entering system when I have no macros in the worksheet? You need to remove the module that contained the macro. Press ALT+F11, go to View > Project Explorer (if needed), right-click on the module(s), and remove it. Save. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I added macro which I then deleted. Every time I enter >system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros - >how do I turn off this warnin...

Disable sending Email
In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from sending email? He should be able to open and read his email but not be able to send out email untill permitted. Thanks On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:01:03 -0800, "SI" <SI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from >sending email? He should be able to open and read his email but not be able >to send out email untill permitted. > >Thanks You can do this on Internet mail by setting the Delivery Restriction on the IMS to deny mail...

How to get mails stored in previous installation on original hard disk?
My Windows Me died. I installed new harddisk as primary and made the original hard disk secondary drive. I reinstalled Windows Me through rescue disk. Everything works fine other than ... Because my outlook express and IE6 installations were lost,I lost all stored mail and bookmarks. I can access my D:/Windows/Application Data/Identity/<>/Outlook Express/*.dbx - with all the folder names of past. How can I make my new outlook "adopt" those folders? I tried copying them over C: drive at appropriate place but did not work :-( Where is similar data for IE stored? How can I d...

Disable Cached Mode
Hi all! Is there any way to disable Cached Mode (CM) on Exchange 2003? Sure, I can do it with GPO, but some computers can be out of scope of this GPO and then they will be able to turn on the CM in their Offce 2003. But CM is critical security risk and I have to disable it. At http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP010000781033.aspx?Product=out2003 I can read: "Exchange server administrators have the ability to disable this feature in Outlook. For more information, contact your Exchange server administrator. Additional information for administrators is available in the Mi...

Excel, how to send to mulitple e-mails
I have an excel spreadsheet for tracking names, phone #'s and e-mails and I want to be able to capture all of the e- mails and send out stuff without having to copy and paste each e-mail individually (looking for shortcut). Any help would be appreicated. Thanks. John Hi John Look here http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm see the Tips pages for using addresses in cells -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "John" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:986101c49741$14336f00$a601280a@phx.gbl... >I have an excel spreadsheet for trac...

SMTP being disabled
HI Exchange 2003 / Server 2003 I'm just having a world of problems with Exchange all of a sudden... It's been up and running about 2 months but all of a sudden it's going nuts... The SMTP service is being stopped and set to disabled. This is happening each morning around 1 AM. The only thing I can find in the event logs is event 7035 - The SMTP service was successfully sent a stop control and then Event 7040 - The start type of SMTP service was changed from auto start to disabled For the life of me, I can't find what is originating these commands.... I thought maybe t...

Exchange 5.5 user problem: not receiving mail until sending mail
Hi - One (only one) user does not receive internal mail from a different site until he sends mail to that site (both servers Exchange 5.5, client is Windows XP w/ Outlook 2000 SP3), then he gets whatever is waiting for him in the queue all at once. Does not seem to happen when sending to the outside, only on internal servers--and it's only one user? Weird. Any ideas on how to resolve this issue or what is going on? Thanks! bhr The new mail notification uses UDP - it's likely that this is being blocked on the workstation itself by the built-in firewall after applying SP1 for XP. He...

Protecting sheet disables Grouping buttons
I am delivering a worksheet to a client, and have protected it. As well as stopping people changing the data, though, it also stops them using the Grouping buttons. How can I enable grouping on a protected sheet? If you already have the outline applied, you can protect the worksheet in code (auto_open/workbook_open??). Option Explicit Sub auto_open() With Worksheets("sheet1") .Protect Password:="hi", userinterfaceonly:=True .EnableOutlining = True .EnableAutoFilter = True End With End Sub (I wasn't sure what caused your outlining--...

Full mailboxes ens up with lost mails
Im helping a small company with SBS 2003 and there mailbosex exceded the storage limit and now the mails sent after that is lost, how can i recover those lost mails please help me its really urgent Roger wrote: > Im helping a small company with SBS 2003 and there mailbosex exceded > the storage limit and now the mails sent after that is lost, how can > i recover those lost mails please help me its really urgent Mailboxes where - on the Exchange server? On the ISP's server in POP mailboxes? If you're using the SBS POP connector, best to post in m.p.windows.server.sbs. ...

Enable/Disable Macro Pop-Up
In the older version of Office when you opened an excel or other office document that had a macro in it - you would get a pop up and the opportunity to enable or disable it. Is there a way to get that same pop-up in 2007? See Help, macro setting Change macro security settings in Excel juamig wrote: > In the older version of Office when you opened an excel or other office > document that had a macro in it - you would get a pop up and the opportunity > to enable or disable it. Is there a way to get that same pop-up in 2007? > Right, someone else told me the...

Disable Trended Deposits
Does anyone know how to turn off trended deposits (forecasted) feature? If you press the customize option on the left hand side, you can change it to show budget entries instead of trends -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially if it's a UK specific wish. I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money <a...

Field "e-Mail" in ADUC "General Tab"
hy there, short question: what about the "e-Mail" filed in the active-directory-users-and-computers-snapin at the "general tab"? what is the funcionality of this field? does exchange need this field, or is this only nice to have? why do i have to fill out this field? what will happen, when i change the value of this field? must there be the same e-mail-address like in the "e-mail-adresses" tab? what if, when there is an other e-mail adress like in "e-mail-adresses"? thanks in advance for any help, links, hints, answers. greets daniel Hi Daniel, Do...

can not delete mail in outlook 2004
hi all, i am using outlook 2003, i can not delete mail in inbox and delete items. it showed that "outlook.pst can not access, there are no enough space". pls help me How large is your .pst file? RIght click on the root of your mailbox, = select properties->folder size. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, trang asked: | hi all, |=20 | i am using outlook 2003, i can not delete mail in inbox and d...

Disabling New Records on Forms in VB
Hi Everyone, I have designed a form which successfully supresses the ability to create new records by setting the AllowAdditions property to "No". The problem is that when I open the form using the code below the form once again allows additions and I can't figure out how to prevent this. I tagged the "Me.AllowAdditions = False" into the openargs section but to no avail. If anyone can spot the problem in my code I would be very grateful. Thanks, John ******* Start Code ******* Private Sub cmdView_Click() Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As ...

Unable to access sharepoint after domain change
Hi, We have a w2k3 member server with SharePoint 3 that was on a SBS 2003 network. Due to a failed server we had to move it to a new domain under a new SBS 2008 server. Now when we try to access the old sharepoint we get a login prompt. Whatever login we try (old domain accounts and new) it denies us access to the Intranet to retrieve our saved docs. Is there a way to change the permissions on IIS to allow us to access the SharePoint? Thanks in advance, Lyj This is likely not an issue with IIS permissions, but is an issue with your SharePoint credentials themselves. ...

Lost messages from outside #2
We have several domains that are unable to send messages to us. I don't see them in the message tracker, they dont appear to ever reach the exchange server. we do receive messages from the outside, i have a hotmail, yahoo, and personal account that messages always are received from. We have two mx records, the primary is obsolete (and will be removed), but the secondary should be able to be located. We do not get our mail from our isp, mail should hit our external gateway, then the firewall and then get redirected to the mail server. we use a pix firewall Exchange 2003. Where...