disable an email address

Hi i have a user that will be out for the next 6 months.  I disable his
account in AD.  How can i configure his account so he will not receive any
email for the next 6 months

thanks

jac

On Mon, 2 Apr 2007 16:38:46 -0400, "Jac"
<support@ville.blainville.qc.ca> wrote:

>Hi i have a user that will be out for the next 6 months.  I disable his
>account in AD.  How can i configure his account so he will not receive any
>email for the next 6 months
>
>thanks
>
>jac

Depends really. Disabling his account will mean that he can't actually
receive any messages so you're pretty much done with disabling the
account.
However, if you leave him in Distribution Groups you're going to have
lots of annoying NDR messages go back to the internal users when they
send email to him.
So, either don't disable the account and remove him from groups or
don't disable the account but instead set a long password and
workstation logon limitations to protect the account.

It's best if you work out what you want to happen with mails that
people try and send to him in terms of a response back. Once you've
decided that you can repost the question with more details.
0
mark7219 (5666)
4/2/2007 8:45:34 PM
It's easiest to delete the mailbox.  You could export the content to a PST
first if you want, but how much of his e-mail will have any value after six
months?
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

> On Mon, 2 Apr 2007 16:38:46 -0400, "Jac"
> <support@ville.blainville.qc.ca> wrote:
>
>>Hi i have a user that will be out for the next 6 months.  I disable his
>>account in AD.  How can i configure his account so he will not receive any
>>email for the next 6 months
>>
>>thanks
>>
>>jac
>>
> Depends really. Disabling his account will mean that he can't actually
> receive any messages so you're pretty much done with disabling the
> account.
> However, if you leave him in Distribution Groups you're going to have
> lots of annoying NDR messages go back to the internal users when they
> send email to him.
> So, either don't disable the account and remove him from groups or
> don't disable the account but instead set a long password and
> workstation logon limitations to protect the account.
>
> It's best if you work out what you want to happen with mails that
> people try and send to him in terms of a response back. Once you've
> decided that you can repost the question with more details.

0
curspice6401 (3487)
4/2/2007 10:57:59 PM
"Mark Arnold [MVP]" <mark@mvps.org> wrote:

>On Mon, 2 Apr 2007 16:38:46 -0400, "Jac"
><support@ville.blainville.qc.ca> wrote:
>
>>Hi i have a user that will be out for the next 6 months.  I disable his
>>account in AD.  How can i configure his account so he will not receive any
>>email for the next 6 months
>>
>>thanks
>>
>>jac
>>
>Depends really. Disabling his account will mean that he can't actually
>receive any messages so you're pretty much done with disabling the
>account.

Well, _he_ may not be able to read the messages becasue the account's
disabled, but the mailbox will still receive them if the server has
the 926666 DST patch applied.

Setting the "prohibit send/receive limit" to 1K would stop that, but
not the NDRs you mention below.

>However, if you leave him in Distribution Groups you're going to have
>lots of annoying NDR messages go back to the internal users when they
>send email to him.

True. And the same with any other e-mail that's sent to that user.

>So, either don't disable the account and remove him from groups or
>don't disable the account but instead set a long password and
>workstation logon limitations to protect the account.

Change the SMTP address, too. Who knows how much spam he gets?

>It's best if you work out what you want to happen with mails that
>people try and send to him in terms of a response back. Once you've
>decided that you can repost the question with more details.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
"Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@mvpsnospam.org> wrote:

>It's easiest to delete the mailbox.  You could export the content to a PST
>first if you want, but how much of his e-mail will have any value after six
>months?

I have stuff in my mailbox from years ago that's still useful. :-)

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

You haven't left the company for six months.  I suspect that if you did and
came back that information would be substantially less useful.  But I could
be wrong.  Not that I disagree with you, Rich; I have a lot of old stuff
too.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@mvpsnospam.org> wrote:
>
>>It's easiest to delete the mailbox.  You could export the content to a PST
>>first if you want, but how much of his e-mail will have any value after
>>six
>>months?
>
> I have stuff in my mailbox from years ago that's still useful. :-)
>
> --
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
> Or to these, either: mailto:h.pott@pinkroccade.com
> mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@getronics.com
> mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@pinkroccade.com

0
curspice6401 (3487)
4/3/2007 5:44:51 AM
"Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@mvpsnospam.org> wrote:

>That would be one of the very few valid uses for a PST, no?

Nah. I just give myself more space. My mailbox is only about 200MB. I
don't keep a lot of old stuff, and anything that's an attachment is
stored on local disk and removed from the message (if the message is
worth keeping).

>You haven't left the company for six months.

Nope. I haven't.

>I suspect that if you did and
>came back that information would be substantially less useful.

Actually, no. The stuff I keep usually isn't about the place I work,
it's about the work I do. Work stuff is usually stale after a couple
of months (or sooner).

>But I could
>be wrong.  Not that I disagree with you, Rich; I have a lot of old stuff
>too.

Don't we all? :-)

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@mvpsnospam.org> wrote:
>
>>That would be one of the very few valid uses for a PST, no?
>
> Nah. I just give myself more space. My mailbox is only about 200MB. I
> don't keep a lot of old stuff, and anything that's an attachment is
> stored on local disk and removed from the message (if the message is
> worth keeping).
>
>>You haven't left the company for six months.
>
> Nope. I haven't.
>
>>I suspect that if you did and
>>came back that information would be substantially less useful.
>
> Actually, no. The stuff I keep usually isn't about the place I work,
> it's about the work I do. Work stuff is usually stale after a couple
> of months (or sooner).
>
>>But I could
>>be wrong.  Not that I disagree with you, Rich; I have a lot of old stuff
>>too.
>
> Don't we all? :-)
>
> --
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
> Or to these, either: mailto:h.pott@pinkroccade.com
> mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@getronics.com
> mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@pinkroccade.com

0
curspice6401 (3487)
4/4/2007 3:08:51 AM
"Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@mvpsnospam.org> wrote:

>Well, you happen to be a mail administrator and can do that.  I happen to be
>one of the people that makes money for the company and I can't.  Go figure.

Now you sound just like the guys that control my budget. I'm a "cost
center" and don't make any money -- until there's a problem and then
the company doesn't make money because email isn't working.

FWIW, the mail administrators work for me. I get to do the "fun" stuff
like budgets, planning, purchasing, keeping directors and
vice-presidents away from the people that do the work so work actually
can happen, etc. :-)

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@mvpsnospam.org> wrote:
>
>>Well, you happen to be a mail administrator and can do that.  I happen to
>>be
>>one of the people that makes money for the company and I can't.  Go
>>figure.
>
> Now you sound just like the guys that control my budget. I'm a "cost
> center" and don't make any money -- until there's a problem and then
> the company doesn't make money because email isn't working.
>
> FWIW, the mail administrators work for me. I get to do the "fun" stuff
> like budgets, planning, purchasing, keeping directors and
> vice-presidents away from the people that do the work so work actually
> can happen, etc. :-)
>
> --
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
> Or to these, either: mailto:h.pott@pinkroccade.com
> mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@getronics.com
> mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@pinkroccade.com

0
curspice6401 (3487)
4/7/2007 2:36:02 AM
"Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@mvpsnospam.org> wrote:

>How much of your brain did they have to suck out before you became competent
>at that?

At least 75%. At the end of some meetings it seems like it's all gone.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Print Preview "Prev Page" but is always disabled
Hello, I have created an MFC application and have added Printing and Print Preview capability. The only problem i have is that the Prev Page button on the Print Preview toolbar is always disabled. The "Two Pages" button and "Next Page" are enabled and work correctly. I am setting the CPrintInfo::SetMaxPage() and CPrintInfo::SetMinPage() and CPrintInfo::m_nCurPage values in OnPreparePrinting() but this doesnt seem to make a difference. Is their anything else that i can try which will enable this button? Thanks Andy ...

how can disable service with bat file
Hi, Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. What service? "Vijay" wrote: > Hi, > > Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. > Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. That's funny ... weren't we just talking about Permissions? :-) Anyway, the command to control a Windows Service (enable, start, stop, disable, etc) is SC.EXE. Run SC /? at a command prompt to see the syntax. Put the necessary SC command in a batch file, and you are all set. Hope it helps, Andrew -- amclar at ...

email #70
i have cable.I have outlook ex. on it as my mail. i can snd and receive form it fine. I hooked up the cable to my laptop (wireless) . I can do everything on it fine,,, get websights and all., BUt when i go to my outlook mail, i can send but cannot recieve any mail,,, why? Arleen You have to set up your accounts in Outlook Express on the laptop with the correct POP server settings. Then set the laptop accts to leave mail on server so that mail will be available to download to your desktop--or vice versa. You cannot receive mail on the laptop because the desktop already received it to...

Combo box
In Access 97, I'd like to automate sending an email if the status of "Completed" is selected from the dropdown list. The email would always go to the same address, basically a notification that the status is complete. Thanks, Mary I'd also like to include in the subject or message body the value in one field on the form if possible. "Mary" wrote: > In Access 97, I'd like to automate sending an email if the status of > "Completed" is selected from the dropdown list. The email would always go to > the same address, basically a notifi...

Hypertext and links in email received
The emails I receive do not have links underlined or in hypertext so that I can click on them and go to the linked web site. How do I fix this?? ...

Disable BU
A really quick one for you. If I disable a BU in MSCRM, does the corresponding OU in Active Directory become disabled? I think the answer probably 'No' as I actually cannot find a way to disable the OU manually and therefore cannot check, but if anyone has a definitive answer I would be grateful. Regards Peter John - thanks for your help. Regards Peter >-----Original Message----- >No, disabling BU in CRM will not disable corresponding OU in the AD, just like dissabling CRM user in CRM will not siable the corrsponding user in AD. > >"Pete" wrote: > &...

disable macro warning
I added macro which I then deleted. Every time I enter system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros - how do I turn off this warning screen upon entering system when I have no macros in the worksheet? You need to remove the module that contained the macro. Press ALT+F11, go to View > Project Explorer (if needed), right-click on the module(s), and remove it. Save. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I added macro which I then deleted. Every time I enter >system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros - >how do I turn off this warnin...

Free Voice Email for Outlook
WaxMail is a new, free plug-in for Outlook that allows voice messages to be recorded directly into email messages as MP3 attachments. WaxMail is available as a free download from http://www.waxmail.biz Not a very good way to spam --=20 Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. <paul.andrews@netralia.com> wrote in message = news:1131619526.283980.218080@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > WaxMail is a new, free plug-in for Outlook that allows voice messages > to be recorded directly into email...

URGENT: Cannot setup new outlook profiles because Global Address List is not reachable
Hi everybody! We have a very great trouble!! Please, help us We have two servers - Server1: Windows 2K SP3 is a Domain Controller and Global Catalog for DOMAI - Server2: Windows 2K SP3 is a Server of DOMAIN (not a DC) and it is running Exchange 2000 SP All of then up and running with no problems UNTIL.. After a very odd crash, we had to demote and promote Server1 from being the GC. OK But, then... we have realized that from the view of point of Outllook clients the Global Address List was empty We are not able to access Global Adress List from the Exchange Manager. When we are navi...

forwarding emails #2
Is there a way to forward a users emails to an external email address in exchange 2003 sp2? I know you can forward to internal email addresses but don't see the option to forward to an external address. Hi When you say forward do you want an email that is sent from an internal user to another internal user to forward to an external address? If so just create a contact with the external email address and on the AD Account that needs to be forwarded set Delivery | "Forward to" selecting the newly created contact Regards Ben Hoffman Microsoft MVP - Windows Server System...

Animations in emails?
Hi, Is it possible to include animations in a page in publisher which I'm sending directly by email (not as an attachment), i.e. will the animations be animated or will they remain static? Thanks Did you think to email it to yourself and see what the answer is? That's the short answer, the long answer is that animated gifs are supported in html. The Send as mail feature turns the page into an html mail message. But how that message is received depends on the recievers email client and it's support of html and images (static or otherwise). -- David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP] h...

Steps to create a case from a support email
CRMers, When we get a support email from a customer, it moves to the support queue and is assigned to a support person. This works. Now, I am trying to understand how to create a case out of this email and am a bit confused. I would appreciate it if someone can help me with the following questions. Q1. When an email is received in the queue, you can double-click it and associated the "From" address to a contact. So far so good. However, to create a case out of the email, I don't see any option anywhere. There is a menu item to create a new case. However, in this case, I have to...

Reply emails are blank?
We are using Exchange 2003 SP1, not sure what version the other party is using but it is some version of Exchange. Problem: the remote user sends one of my users an email. My user replies to it, but when the remote user receives it the message body is blank. My user can send a new email message (not replying to one) to the remote user and everything comes over fine. The remote user is using email stationary. I have had her change her email format to plain text, but it still sends as HTML. Does stationary force HTML? I haven't had a chance to have her stop using the stationary...

emailing newsletter
I created a newsletter under the email section in publisher. Then I converted it to a web page & 'sent page as message.' Why did only a few people receive it [the help section states that recipients do not need publisher to read the newsletter]? I wanted to avoid attachments. Please help! Because some people have their email set to plain text only and there's nothing you can do to get around that. If you want to make sure that all of your target audience can read your newsletters that you need to send it as an attachment. Either that or put it on the web somewhere a...

pictures on email will not forward with text. just a white box
when i forward an email with pictures on it - not attachments - it will not enclude the picture. just a white box where the pictures were. thanks ...

How to hide the "Properties" of an email address
I often receive email where I am one of several recepients. Usually, if you right-click on the name of someone in the TO list, you can choose Properties, and determine that person's email address. That can be a problem for that person, if he/she wants to keep his/her email address private. I recently received an email, but when I right-clicked on the names in the TO list, I could not get the Properties information. It appears that the sender knows how to list the person's name in the TO list, but prevent his/her email address from being determined. I would like to know how t...

Disable sending Email
In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from sending email? He should be able to open and read his email but not be able to send out email untill permitted. Thanks On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:01:03 -0800, "SI" <SI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from >sending email? He should be able to open and read his email but not be able >to send out email untill permitted. > >Thanks You can do this on Internet mail by setting the Delivery Restriction on the IMS to deny mail...

Forward user email from exchange to another domain.
How do I forward email that arrives to an Exchange server to another domain. I tried Exchange General/Delivery Options/ Forward but it will not take an email address non-local. Example: tom@exchangeserver.com -> tom99@aol.com Thanks in advance, Ed S Fibercloud, Inc. On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 08:00:05 -0700, FastEddie <FastEddie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I forward email that arrives to an Exchange server to another domain. >I tried Exchange General/Delivery Options/ Forward but it will not take an >email address non-local. > >Example: > >tom@exchan...

need to send mass email to 1000 addresses cureently in Excel. What's the best way to do that? Can outlook handle 1000 address in one email?

Disable Cached Mode
Hi all! Is there any way to disable Cached Mode (CM) on Exchange 2003? Sure, I can do it with GPO, but some computers can be out of scope of this GPO and then they will be able to turn on the CM in their Offce 2003. But CM is critical security risk and I have to disable it. At http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP010000781033.aspx?Product=out2003 I can read: "Exchange server administrators have the ability to disable this feature in Outlook. For more information, contact your Exchange server administrator. Additional information for administrators is available in the Mi...

Outlook2007 Email Recipient Addr Problem
I am using MAPI in a VB5 program that sends emails to customers(which works fine with Outlook Express). When I loaded Outlook 2007 on my computer, I get the following message(from Outlook) when this program(which uses MAPI) tries to send Emails to customers: "None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient." I have checked on Google but can't find a solution. Please Help!! ...

email is rejected by isp
When I try to send my pub 2003 document as the content of an email message, it is rejected by the virus scanning service of the recipient. The message states: "Please ask the sender of the message to disinfect their original version and send you a clean copy." How do I make my document acceptable for my recipients? I am trying to send an email newsletter. Thank you, Layla (1) You only need to post once. (2) Are you sure you *don't* have a virus? Send the email to me at jpaules029 at suscom dot net. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Layla" <L...

recovering an outlook contact list/address book
A few weeks ago, my hard disk crashed and i had to replace it. I've been able to slave the bad one and copy most of the data from it. However, I'm having problems retrieving my Outlook contact list/address book from the old drive. I don't know if it has anything to do with the fact that the Windows XP username was password protected or not. Can someone help PLEASE? >However, I'm having problems >retrieving my Outlook contact list/address book from the >old drive. Define "having problems". What errors do you see? -- Brian Tillman Smith...

Workflow to email prior Owner as well as current?
Hi all, Our sales folks are experiencing a "magic trick" with Accounts - that is, due to a fast-paced company environment, we often have accounts that "disappear" from one salesperson's ownership and get reassigned and "reappear" for the new salesperson to own. I can build the workflow to assign a new Account Owner when they are assigned to the account, but I also want to email the PREVIOUS owner that they lost the account. I've searched the MBS forum and also taken several swings myself, but no luck. Any suggestions for how I could email the pri...

Send a Sheet as body of Outlook Email
I used to be able to send an Excel sheet as a body of a message to a recipient. The recipient would be able to reply and enter information and then send it back. With 2007 the "sent to mail recipient" function seems to change the sheet to html format and the recipient cannot enter information and return the spreadsheet. Is there a setting or change that would return the old functionality. I used this function as a type of electronic signature to validate that the return document came from the intended source. If not have you any alternative ideas ...