Directory Replication Problem #2

Hi, recently my Exchange Server directory database
receives changes from other servers but does not send out
its own changes. Check from the knowledge base, to
correct the USN discrepancy need to use Authrest.exe
(need to amke changes for about 100+ users).

Does anybody know where to get this file 'Authrest.exe'
for exchange server 5.5? Exchange server 5.5 CD only
provide this file for ver.4.0. Have anyone use it before?

Regards,

"Sharon Tan" <sharon_tansk@yahoo.com.sg> wrote:

>Hi, recently my Exchange Server directory database
>receives changes from other servers but does not send out
>its own changes. Check from the knowledge base, to
>correct the USN discrepancy need to use Authrest.exe
>(need to amke changes for about 100+ users).
>
>Does anybody know where to get this file 'Authrest.exe'
>for exchange server 5.5? Exchange server 5.5 CD only
>provide this file for ver.4.0. Have anyone use it before?

Call Microsoft and ask for it. The program used to be available, IIRC,
on the Exchange 5.5 ResKit CD.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

2004 Problem
Just installed 2004. Now it won't read my 2003 data file. It insists on going through a setup routine for "My MoneyX." If I try to File/Open my old file, it kicks me right back into the setup routine and creates another "My MoneyX+1." Any ideas? That worked. Thanks. "Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message news:8gflhvgpgtghmc4rv086aj4ecja992aire@4ax.com... > In microsoft.public.money, "Spence" <Not released> wrote: > > >Just installed 2004. Now it won't read my 2003 data file. It insists o...

Unable to obtain DNS hostname of Active Directory domain controlle
Hi , I am trying to use deployment Manager to upgrade trial license but whenever i am running Deployment Manager i get error Unable to obtain DNS hostname of Active Directory domain controller, I am using Full Domain Admin right for CRM Admin user, i done repair install without any issue but still having the same error, CRM server and SQL databases are install on the same server. There is no firewall installed. The server details are the following, Server = 2003 R2 SQL 2005 with SP2 CRM Server 4 Thanks Shakil Error on Deployment Manager. Server stack trace: at System.Directory...

Date formatting problem.....
Hi All, I use the following code to create a string containing the current date. Dim sDate As String sDate = Format(Date$, "mmm d, yyyy") This code works fine here in the US, but a user in the UK is reporting that it's giving incorrect results. For example, on Nov. 5th, 2009, this code creates the string 'May 11, 2009' on the UK machine. Obviously, the code is confusing the month (11) and the day (5) and transposing them. I've played with this a bit, but haven't found a solution. Suggestions? Thanks, John Nobody wrote: > "John...

Problem with Rules
I've set up a series of very simple rules. They follow this pattern : if e-mail is received with (e.g.) "AAAA" in the message body, move it to folder "AAAAFolder". The rules work perfectly when Run Now is used, but they don't work automatically. Any ideas, folks? Thanks Stephen Mulholland ...

Active Directory problems
I tried to create a new user for a new member of staff and up until now it has been fine but now I create the account using active directories and users but when I login to set this new users outlook it cannot find the name and it looks like it has not created it at all but when creating this user it said it would also create an exchange mailbox but it didn't. PLEASE HELP!!! See if this helps: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297801/en-us Nue "hannab2005" <hannab2005@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:600BAAAF-CF9B-4E77-A459-87D1BCDC8D92@microsoft.co...

problem with laptop client
hi everybody, i've got a lot of troubles with laptop client for outlook (CRM 3.0) i've installed MS CRM 3.0 in a win 2003 server, with sql2005 and exchange 2003. my pc is logged to a different domain, not the one with CRM, but these 2 domains are in trust between them. CRM via web works right. but if i try to install laptop client (but also desktop client) on my pc, i get an error (no communication or similar) when i run outlook (2003 sp2) during installation i put "http://192.168.0.100" (ip address of CRM server) when asked. do I have to put another ip address? or even if ...

Uploading a Website #2
I have a website which was originally created in Publisher 2000, but was updated when I purchased the 2003 version. Upon attempting to upload the site to the Internet, the basic wording and the background within the site appears online, but the images, links and photos are absent. I've spoken to the hosting conpany, and they said that this was a Publisher issue, and could not offer any assistance. Please help me to fix this problem so that our site can be viewed (in it's entirety) by our customers. In the future when you use the Microsoft Community please take note that there ar...

POP3 Mailbox problems
Greetings, I am having the following difficulties that I could use some help on. I am running a small home/office system, it consists of 1 Small Business Server 2003, 2 desktop clients and 1 notebook client (all winxp). I have set up 7 accounts to the server all with an exchange account. I have email accounts out on the net on a domain that I own and would like to retreive that email and forward to the exchange accounts on my server. I configure the pop3 connector to get that mail, but it appears as though it does not retreive it or it goes elsewhere I don't know which. At lest i...

problems with microsoft office upgrade
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I would be extremely grateful if anyone could help me with this as I have tried so many avenues and no luck. I have microsoft office 2008 student for my mac and everytime time I do an update it brings up the message not enough room on the hard-drive as 232gb needed and only 198gb - i dont know why this is relevant to the update but how do I get this fixed? Anyone with the solution to this I will be truely grateful. Thanks Steve On 3/8/09 10:06 AM, "stevencooke@officeformac.com" <stevencooke@officeformac....

LPAD Directory
I just upgraded from Outlook 2000 to 2002 and the LPAD Directory with user name/password comes up and user name says Null. Why does this do this. I have been pressing cancel. I have received but am having trouble sending mail. Any ideas how to bypass the LPAD thing. Are you using an LDAP directory for address lookup? If not, then use the Tools-Email accounts-Directories-View or Change to delete this option. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out r...

Toubles with installing Security Groups for Active Directory
I have tried to run through the setup installation for CRM 3.0 on our Windows 2003 server, which hosts our Domain Controller. I am logged in as a Domain Administrator. I get an error during the prerequite setup, explaining that the security groups do not exist or have not be created. I thought that the setup would create the security groups. I have tried everything and don't know where I am going wrong. I have looked at article number 908984, and have tried to create a new config_precreate.xml file to work off and have even created the security groups at the root level of our a...

Problem encountered when quitting MS Outlook
Recently, every time I quit MS Outlook I get "Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the incovenience." The following appears in the Error Signature: AppName:outlook.exe; AppVer: 10.0.4510.0; ModName: mso.dll; ModVer: 10.0.4219.0; Offset: 000f5890; Exception Code: 0x0000087c. What do I need to do to rectify this problem? Do you have the latest service packs for Outlook installed? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance....

cell formatting problem
I have a spread sheet that I have used successfully for almost 2 years. Now all of a sudden it it "possessed"!! I have one column that contains zip codes. Now when I enter one, I type 76642 and when it displays it is 766.42. I have several others doing the same thing. I have used the Format Cells option to no avail. Can someone help?!?!? thanks Celeste, In Tools/Options Tab Edit If "Fixed Decimal" is checked then ... you've found your ghost.. end if :) keepITcool < email : keepitcool chello nl (with @ and .) > < homepage: http://members.chello...

Email problem
I am using Publisher 2003 with Outlook 2003 small business edition and when I try to send a publication from Publisher as an e-mail, Publisher freezes. It worked before and now it doesn't. It seems that the problem started after the Trial Version of Office 2007 did not uninstall properly. I am afraid that the demo may be the culprit. Can you send the file as an attachment from Outlook? How to uninstall the 2007 Office system if you cannot uninstall it by using the Add or Remove Programs feature http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218/en-us -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ ...

Excel and CSV import problems
THis seems silly but it is wasting a bunch of time. I am importing some Excel spreadsheets. THey are all consolidated into one and then I save into a CSV. I have done a find and replace on all commas and it seems clean. I do the import and it errors out on half of them. It is a simple CSV and I have followed the direction to the letter. Seems very simple but it does not want to consistently work. ANyone have a master procedure for making sure all the data comes in ok. Any tips and tricks. It does not seem to work well. Thanks in advance for your help. JP Make sure all your f...

Replication of address book takes ages
Hello, I've noticed that when I create new distribution lists, create new users or make a change to someone email addresses it seems to take days for that to replicate out to the users address book. Even when I select to download the address book within outlook 2003! Is there any reason for this? Thanks in advance Mike D "Mike D" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, I've noticed that when I create new distribution >lists, create new users or make a change to someone email >addresses it seems to take days for that to replicate out >...

Query Error in Business Portal #2
BP 2.5. Sometimes a user, a requisition purchase, got "Query Error" when he tried to select a vendor from drop dowm list. I reboot the BP server and fixed the problem. Do you know how did it happen? How to prevent it happen again? Except reboot the BP server, should I do anything in the SQL Database server? Thank you very much. stien ...

Using Reporting Services with Active Directory
Does anyone have a link to a good document that explains how to do this? I can seem to find one. thanks OriginalStealth Can you explain what are you trying to achive? "OriginalStealth" <OriginalStealth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:512AC6B9-8FBC-42AC-A57D-94071C1AAED9@microsoft.com... > Does anyone have a link to a good document that explains how to do this? > I > can seem to find one. > > thanks ...

Outlook 2003
I'm using an Access Database to send out notices to customers about orders processing. However, when I initiate this, it has created an error with the new Office 2003 about the command "item.send" in Visual Basic. I'm not a programming 'guru', so I don't know how to by-pass this message. Otherwise I have to hit the YES button like 500+ times a day...and that's just not feasible. Does anyone know a method around this through Outlook? Chuck Since you didn't post the original message, we have no idea what problem you are having. When replying to ...

Server Rules #2
Is it possible to configure Exchange 2003 where when an email message is received and should be delivered to a local recipient user@doamin.com it is copied to user@differentdomain.com The different domain might be aol.com of hotmail.com etc.... I know I can create a rule in OWA for each one but i would like to have this control at the server level not the user level Paul create a "contact" in active directory. specify his email address. configure the users mailbox forwarding to copy incoming mail to the new contact. "Paul Johnson" <pjohnson@cmtengr.com> ...

_thiscall problem
Hi There! i am facing _thiscall conversation problem, while this below given code... could somebody suggest me some work around to solve this problem [code begin] #include <iostream.h> typedef int wxCoord ; template <class T> class CTextDropTarget { private: bool (T::*m_pt2CallbackFunc)(wxCoord x, wxCoord y); public: CTextDropTarget(bool (T::*pt2Func)(wxCoord x, wxCoord y)); virtual ~CTextDropTarget(void); virtual bool OnDropText(wxCoord x, wxCoord y); }; template <class T> CTextDropTarget<T>::CTextDropTarget(bool ( T::*pt2Func)(wxCoord x, ...

Page Setup problem #2
Why is it that sometimes �Page Setup� grays-out �Rows to repeat at top� making it inaccessible? Thank -- GC ----------------------------------------------------------------------- GCF's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=412 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27589 Two possible reasons come to mind. 1. You entered Page Setup through "Print Preview". Enter it through File>Page Setup and RTRAT will be available. 2. You have more than one sheet selected as in "grouped". If you see [group] ...

MS Access & Citrix
Hi, all. We have a home-grown Access application that approximately 50 users use to access different, but related, databases on different Linux servers across the US. We are trying to combine all these different databases into one database that everyone can access through a Citrix server. In the initial (very) testing phase, we have found some strange problems with our Access app that may be related to the programming within the application or may be related to the Citrix side of things (although when we try to do an analagous task going just through Access itself we don't have the same...

Problem running reports
we get the following error while trying to run reports in crm 3.0 Sql 2005 small biz server An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted) Cannot create a connection to data source 'CRM'. (rsErrorOpeningConnection) The feature: "Remote access to report data sources and/or the report server database" is not supported in this edition of Reporting Services. (rsOperationNotSupported) Any help on this one??? Is your deployment broken out among several machines or are all of the SBS components on one server? The error sounds like there is a machine h...

Unexpected Problem
Just recently I have been having problems with Publisher. I have been using Publisher to design a web page for a class project, nothing fancy just a few images and paragraphs. Yesterday when I went to close the Publisher program, a window appeared that said, Publisher has experienced a problem and that It had to close. All my work was lost. The next time this happened another window appeared recommending to download the newest updates available for Office XP. I did update my system with Office Service Pack S3, but Publisher is still experiencing the same problem. To make matter...