Directory Replication Problem #2

Hi, recently my Exchange Server directory database
receives changes from other servers but does not send out
its own changes. Check from the knowledge base, to
correct the USN discrepancy need to use Authrest.exe
(need to amke changes for about 100+ users).

Does anybody know where to get this file 'Authrest.exe'
for exchange server 5.5? Exchange server 5.5 CD only
provide this file for ver.4.0. Have anyone use it before?

Regards,

"Sharon Tan" <sharon_tansk@yahoo.com.sg> wrote:

>Hi, recently my Exchange Server directory database
>receives changes from other servers but does not send out
>its own changes. Check from the knowledge base, to
>correct the USN discrepancy need to use Authrest.exe
>(need to amke changes for about 100+ users).
>
>Does anybody know where to get this file 'Authrest.exe'
>for exchange server 5.5? Exchange server 5.5 CD only
>provide this file for ver.4.0. Have anyone use it before?

Call Microsoft and ask for it. The program used to be available, IIRC,
on the Exchange 5.5 ResKit CD.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Outlook 2003 default save directory
Problem: When I save an attachment from an email using Outlook 2003 it defaults to the following directory - C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\OLKXXX. This is a pain. I was under the impression that it should always default to My Documents, but it does not. How can I make it so that it always defaults to My Documents?? Any help would be appreciated. Use the places bar shortcut to move to my docs and save it, then open the file from my docs. Try to avoid opening docs directly from outlook without first saving them. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP...

Problems setting up a forwarding address
Hi, I''ve been having a problem setting up email forwarding within Active Directory. I've been asked to setup forwarding for some users to external email addresses. I've done this ok in the past. Go to the 'Exchange General' tab of the user's AD properties. Click on 'Delivery options' and then click on Modify under forwarding address. On the newly opened window, click on object types and ensure 'contacts' is checked. Only this time I can't, the only object types available are 'users' and 'other object'. 'Conta...

imap problems through front end
I am having problems with imap through the front end server. the front end server is in an dmz and back end in the private network. so a user from the public net tried imap through front end using outlook express and gets an error The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found. any ideas? even ms support does not even know I dont want to have to relocate my front end server help please Hi Tony, Is the IMAP service running on the backend also? This is a requirement. If IMAP, POP, etc is running on the front end it also needs to be running on the back ...

problem with macro
I found some code that imports a text file to the open workbook on MSKB: Sub ImportTextFile() Dim DestBook As Workbook, SourceBook As Workbook Dim DestCell As Range Dim RetVal As Boolean ' Turn off screen updating. Application.ScreenUpdating = False ' Set object variables for the active book and active cell. Set DestBook = ActiveWorkbook Set DestCell = ActiveCell ' Show the Open dialog box. RetVal = Application.Dialogs(xlDialogOpen).Show("*.txt") ' If Retval is fa...

Copy file from one directory to a new directory, using excel spreadsheet as reference for items to be copied
All- I have an excel spreadsheet containing 7509 rows (Products), and I have a directory containing 16,421 image files. The images are all named by the Product Number, which is also a row in my excel spreadsheet. I need to query the excel spreadsheet to get all the product numbers, then check my current directory for a <productNumber>.jpg file. If the file exists, I need to COPY it to a new directy. If it does not exist, I need to write the product number to a text file that I can go over after the fact to obtain the image for the products missing photos. On Dec 17, 9:49...

Problem with times in pivot tables and graphs
Good afternoon, I have to create pivot tables and graphs and the time format is screwing up on it. For example, 22/02/2005 07:00:06 in the pivot table turns into 22/01/2005 07:00 when I create the graph from it (using F11 as directed). I've set the "great minds" here at work in PC Support on it and the best workaround they can come up with is to remove the first colon in the time, which makes the seconds appear - 22/02/2005 0700:06. While this does give the seconds, it looks a bit wafty and I'd rather have a permanent solution via formatting or something. Any help greatly ...

Post Update Problem
Hi: I took a record count of several tables before updating to version 10 (from 8). Immediately after the update there were a few tables that did not have matching record counts. The tables were GL00201, GL00102, GL00200 and SY40100. (They had more records in them) Can anyone tell me why the update could cause any of these tables to end up with more records? Thanks. -- Norman ...

Excel 2003: Cannot access directory
I have a second hard drive where I store my files. The windows mapping originally mapped it as drive "F". I have added a 2nd DVD burner recently and now my second hard drive is mapped to "G". In my Excel 2003, under Tools:Options, when I click the Save tab, it gives me an error "Cannot access directory F:\data\excel". In fact, it happens when I click any of the tabs. Since this is where I need to change the mapping I am stuck. Anyone know how to change this outside of the application? -- Thanks, Jim "HeartInNC" <HeartInNC@discussions.m...

changing from 2 dongles (2 databases) to 1 dongle (2lanes)
We recently bought MS RMS 1.3a, even bought support on it. But, our needs have changed we went from thinking we would have 2 seperate databases to just 1 database and needing 2 lanes. Now, our reseller who thought Microsoft would accept a return and exchange us or allow us to buy the 2 lane dongle informs us Microsoft has denied our return request. Has anyone else had similiar problems? I want to know before i call MS myself to discuss their reason for denying us. I had not know MBS to be unreasonable to customers but this is flat out rude to not allow us to do what we need and wast...

Money Synchronization Problems
I have been using Money 2003 for Pocket PC for a few months as the main tool for keeping track of my finances. I have recently installed Money 2003 on my laptop but I'm unable to synchronize. When I synchronize, my money data on the Pocket PC gets wiped out and I have to restore it from a backup on the Pocket PC. Here is what I tried: 1- Installed Money 2003 to the default directory on the laptop 2- Reinstalled activesync 3.7 3- Reinstalled Money for pocket PC and made sure it installs to default directories on both the Pocket PC and the laptop 4- Followed the synchronize instructions in t...

Chart Problems
I am having problems trying to chart information due to the large descrepency in numbers. This is the information I am trying to graph: Year Population Gal/Capita 92/93 213,516 261 93/94 214,000 227 94/95 215,000 218 95/96 225,000 231 96/97 230,000 312 97/98 230,000 286 98/99 236,298 221 99/00 249,849 270 00/01 253,119 267 01/02 267,000 238 02/03 271,221 237 I would appreciate any ideas or suggestions... Thanks! Stacy I usually plot them on separate axes. In this case I would set up Population as...

Data Loss in the Opportunity (CRM 1.2)
Hi, I would like to check on the opportunity reports on the closed opportunity by opportunity Won-Lost Report. However, I found all the records are WON status. It's quite strange that we are sure there should be no such possibility. Then we go to the opportunity module to list the closed opportunity, the data in the previous are lost. We never delete the record on the closed opportunities. We check on the database, the data is lost also. In this few days, CRM security services & Crystal Report Services hang. We need to Cold boot the Server to reactivate the services. Please...

Windows 9x on Active Directory
Being the last company on earth to migrate from nt4 Domain to AD, I have a question about windows 9x clients on my AD. I'm about to remove my final NT4 BDC, and was wondering if I could step up AD mode from "Windows Server 2003 interim" to "Windows Server 2003", and then possibly right to W2k8_R2. I know most will say "upgrade your desktops", and I'm working hard to, but I have proprietary hardware hooked up to these machines that are cost prohibitive to upgrade...for now this is my best/only option! "Fisher" <Fisher@discussi...

Service Pack 2
I just installed service pack 2 and my money doesn't work correctly. It keeps wanting to install a Money 2002 Service Pack. That file seems to be corrupted. I can't delete that file or correct it, I thought I would just reinstall the program, but I can't delete the present service pack. Any suggestions?? If you want to delete the service pack, then you have two options. Either use system restore or go to add/remove programs, click on the 'update' box at the top of the window and then remove the service pack. However, I would recommend reinstalling Money first...

Moving the Exchange Virtual Directory
How do I move the Exchange Virtual Directory from the Default Website to another website I create?? Do I have to delete the virtual directory from my exchange administratro first? Kevin "cst112" <cst112no-spam-please@yahoo.com> wrote: >How do I move the Exchange Virtual Directory from the Default Website to >another website I create?? Do I have to delete the virtual directory from >my exchange administratro first? > >Kevin > 5.5 http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=246203 2K http://www.dalantech.com/boards/showflat-Cat--Number-55984-page-6-view-collapsed-...

Sorry Microsoft has encountered a problem and must close
When I try to open Word or Excel I get this error message. When I look at the details the first thing to pop-up is EXC_BAD-ACCESS. I have tried using the uninstall program and reinstalling and doing all the updates. Then going to disk utilities and running the permissions utility. Still, I can't get into either program. Any ideas? Quitting on launch could be a number of things--bad prefs, bad Normal template (for Word), or corrupt fonts. That it happens for both Word and Excel suggests corrupt fonts. Another poster reporting all office apps quitting on launch said: > As Inf...

Office Ultimate 2007 installation problem.
I bought Office Ultimate 2007 on the Microsoft site and downloaded it. (It was with student discount. I am not sure whether I am eligible to tech support). My computer has Windows XP. Has 2GB of RAM memory and 2.8 GHz speed. After downloading application from Microsoft site I attempted to install it. Installation got stuck on the "Error 1309 - Error reading from file e:\sku011.cab. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it. Setup failed. Rolling back changes" E:\ is on my computer DVD drive and I was installing it from a file so it should not look ...

email problems
I have 2003 exchange, now i cant send emails to some domains like Earthlink.net but i can send to others i get 5.5.0 550 earthlink does not reconize your computer. Now this might have not been setup right from the begining , i did a dns lookup = MX get this frost-co.com. MX IN 86400 frost-co.com.comnet.mail5.psmtp.com. [Preference = 10] frost-co.com. MX IN 86400 frost-co.com.comnet.mail6.psmtp.com. [Preference = 20] frost-co.com. MX IN 86400 frost-co.com.comnet.mail7.psmtp.com. [Preference = 30] frost-co.com. MX IN 86400 frost-co.com.comnet.mail8.psmtp.com. [Preferenc...

Printing Problems #5
Hi there I have a problem with Excel. Everytime i print the print out is not the same as the print preview. The alignment is totally out. I have printed the same document from a laptop and matched up the settings exactly but the error still persist. I have printed with differnet PC and it has the same problem, but there is one PC the Prints perfectly. Is there a setting for adjusting the alignment for only one section of Excel. Or is it the printer that is causing problems. Without knowing any of the real specifics, I'd guess it was a variation of the printer or printer driver. Ca...

Photo Display in IFRAME #2
Hi there I was wondering if anyone can assist, I would like to display a photo of the logged in user on an IFRAME and have photo that are stored locally, can anyone urgently supply me with a code for creating an aspx page. -- Thanking you in advance ...

moving Directory trees to existing directories
I am running outlook 2007 sp2 on windows xp 32 bit system and I'm wondering if there is a way to do this. We migrated from groupwise to MS Exchange 2007 about 6 months ago and most of us are still new to Outlook 2007. I have a user that has 2 large directory trees and we will call them Old and New. The old Directory tree contains a lot of folders and emails from Groupwise and the new Directory tree contains a mixed amount of emails from groupwise and recent emails from exchange. And Both Email structures have folders with the exact same names. Is there a way they can comb...

Problem with .dll file in MFC application
Hello all, I have some problems with MFC application. Hope some can help me to solve this, otherwise, I really don't know what to do. I used VC++ 6.0 to build MFC application. All project properties I left by default: - precomplied header - Stdafx.h - run- time library - Multithreaded (Debug or not, depending of prepocessor definitions) - using MFC classes in static link After that I included win32xy.dll library I created under these project properties: - precomplied header - automatically - run- time library - Multithreaded DLL (Debug or not, depending of prepocessor definitions) - not u...

how can deactive cells to input data #2
help me plz if you see one of the templates like balance sheet in excel some of the cells are deactived and users just input data in special cells. so how can I deactive cells that users can not input data? thanks a million ...

macro for listing content of directory
Hi all, I have the macro below the dotted line that I use to get an alphabetic list with the content of a directory. It works like a charm, but I want not only the names of the documents, but also their date of last change. Preferably in 2 colums, like ABCD.doc 13-3-2009 thisdocument.DOC 2-11-2004 thisisadocumentwithan awfullylongname.doc 30-12-2008 etc. I can't modify the code myself, Your help will be appreciated. I use Office 2k SP 2 with Word 2k. Thanks in advance. Jack Sons The Netherlands -------------------------------...

Problem viewing public folder in Exchange System Manager
Hi, I receive the following error message when trying to expand the Public Folder tree in the Exchange System Manager. The error message takes about 2 minutes to pop up , with the hour glass displaying up to that point. "an existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host" Facility: Win32 ID no: c0072746 Exchange System Manager There is no information anywhere on this error message as far as I can find, though I have seen it posted as a problem on other news groups with without responses. See http://forums.msexchange.org/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=print_topic;f=19;t=000143 for...