Directory Permissions 5.5

Could someone dircet me to a link that has the default directory
(c:\exchsrvr) permissions for 5.5

Thanks
DU

0
nospam8271 (15)

"uelman" <nospam@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>Could someone dircet me to a link that has the default directory
>(c:\exchsrvr) permissions for 5.5

IIRC, it's inherited from the root domain. In most cases that means
the Everyone group has full control.

Defaults aren't adequate.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
> "uelman" <nospam@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>>Could someone dircet me to a link that has the default directory
>>(c:\exchsrvr) permissions for 5.5
>
> IIRC, it's inherited from the root domain. In most cases that means
> the Everyone group has full control.
>
> Defaults aren't adequate.
>
> --
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

uelman (5)
1/12/2005 4:58:52 AM
"Duelman" <uelman@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>is it wise to have the everyone group with full control,

No.

>i'm nervous giving
>domain users full control

Unless they have acces to the administrative share (c$) or the ability
to log on locally there's not too much risk.

It's been years (literaly) since I've worked with 5.5, but IIRC
Microsoft (or someone else -- maybe it was the NSA?) had some
documentation on the setting permissions for 5.5.

.. . . it was the NSA:
http://www.nsa.gov/snac/app/exchange_5x.pdf

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Strange issue with Exchange/Outlook Permissions
This one has really stumped me, no idea how to even start to troubleshoot this one... Working with an exchange 2000 enviroment. We have a user "UserA" who has a mailbox, working fine. userA went into his calender permissions, and added "userB" and "userC" to be reviewer's UserB was able to access the calender UserC isnt able to. On investigation, the UserC had disapeared, further testing shows when we add UserC to the calendar permissions, click OK. if we go back to the permissions he's disapeared. Both users are on the same server in the same mailbo...

Outlook 98 #5
Hi, Please can you help me on Outlook 98, I am unable to send mail to some recipients and getting the following message rbl-plus.mail-abuse.org. This error only occurs on some of my mails, I can send mails in all other areas fine. Many thanks, H harvey <hbansel@hotmail.com> wrote: > Please can you help me on Outlook 98, I am unable to send > mail to some recipients and getting the following message > rbl-plus.mail-abuse.org. > > This error only occurs on some of my mails, I can send > mails in all other areas fine. It means that the routers serving those recip...

Excel 2003 permissions per sheet
Is it possible to setup different permissions for each sheet within the same workbook? We'd like to give each user their own sheet containing their info, but we do not want them to have access to view others' info. Can it be setup somehow to use windows built-in authentication? Thanks in advance for any suggestions. it is doubtful that you can implement such a methodology. however, what you can do is to give each employee their own workbook. then have a master workbook that links to all the employee workbooks. the methodology above with a master workbook w...

Unable to obtain DNS hostname of Active Directory domain controlle
Hi , I am trying to use deployment Manager to upgrade trial license but whenever i am running Deployment Manager i get error Unable to obtain DNS hostname of Active Directory domain controller, I am using Full Domain Admin right for CRM Admin user, i done repair install without any issue but still having the same error, CRM server and SQL databases are install on the same server. There is no firewall installed. The server details are the following, Server = 2003 R2 SQL 2005 with SP2 CRM Server 4 Thanks Shakil Error on Deployment Manager. Server stack trace: at System.Directory...

exchange 5.5 IS maximum size
Could anyone tell me the maximum size that an exchange 5.5 information store can reach. I thought it was 16gig, but then I saw the post below. Thanks. > BTW, what is the recommended maximum size of a 5.5 database (IS)? > >Depends on your SLA. How long can you afford to be down while you restore >a database? I tend to keep them to around 30 gigs or so and add more >servers if they get above that number. ...

Active Directory problems
I tried to create a new user for a new member of staff and up until now it has been fine but now I create the account using active directories and users but when I login to set this new users outlook it cannot find the name and it looks like it has not created it at all but when creating this user it said it would also create an exchange mailbox but it didn't. PLEASE HELP!!! See if this helps: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297801/en-us Nue "hannab2005" <hannab2005@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:600BAAAF-CF9B-4E77-A459-87D1BCDC8D92@microsoft.co...

550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for #2
Hello, We have a customer running Exchange 2003 on win 2003 server. windows domain name ATG.internal. We have 4 different Email domains registered in internet DNS all users have an email address @abilityemployment.com.au some users also have @nwes.com.au some users also have @northwestcontractors.com.au some users also have @abilitylifeskills.com.au This used to work fine and people received their mail which ever of their addresses it was sent to. now Suddenly only @abilityemployment.com.au mail is received and all mail to the other domains is rejected, and the sender receives a message...

LPAD Directory
I just upgraded from Outlook 2000 to 2002 and the LPAD Directory with user name/password comes up and user name says Null. Why does this do this. I have been pressing cancel. I have received but am having trouble sending mail. Any ideas how to bypass the LPAD thing. Are you using an LDAP directory for address lookup? If not, then use the Tools-Email accounts-Directories-View or Change to delete this option. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out r...

SmartList #5
Hi, When I open two Great Plains windows (two different companies), I am not able to export SmartList to Excel/Word. Thanks, Hari Hari, I believe this is a known issue, although I couldn't find anything on it in the KnowledgeBase. SmartList won't work properly if you have more than one instance of Great Plains open. -- Victoria Yudin Microsoft MVP - Great Plains "Hari" <Hari@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:eoy192ZmFHA.1996@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, > When I open two Great Plains windows (two different companies), I am not > abl...

Toubles with installing Security Groups for Active Directory
I have tried to run through the setup installation for CRM 3.0 on our Windows 2003 server, which hosts our Domain Controller. I am logged in as a Domain Administrator. I get an error during the prerequite setup, explaining that the security groups do not exist or have not be created. I thought that the setup would create the security groups. I have tried everything and don't know where I am going wrong. I have looked at article number 908984, and have tried to create a new config_precreate.xml file to work off and have even created the security groups at the root level of our a...

Help!!! #5
We are using excel 2000 to report our daily and monthly production numbers. We have one file for each month with one work sheet for each day and monthly sheet. In monthly sheet, we want add a column it should show last 12 months total including current month. Is it possible? If so, what is the easiest way to do. Any help will be appreciated. File name for each month ex: DR01_month 2005 ...

Disable NDRs in Exchange 5.5
I would like to turn off all NDRs from being generated on my Exchange 5.5 server. I have been searching the net and have found mention of a hotfix that allows this to be done, but can't find any more information than that about it. Does anyone know how I can get my hands on this hotfix (if there is one)? Thanks in advance. instead of looking for fixes to patch old software, you should look to upgrade your exchange server. "Chad" <Chad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3301E9F3-353B-461D-8821-763EA244F1CC@microsoft.com... >I would like to turn of...

Ex5.5 org and new Ex2003, MTA will not start
I have an exchange 5.5 org with two servers. Now I've added an exchange 2003. I followed microsofts documentation (ADC, forestprep, domainprep) and everything went smooth. But the new server won't start the mta service. I have the exactly the same problem as it is written here: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=840470 I also followed this doc. Removing exchange and IIS and reinstall. But the problem still persists. I searched the web and the groups, a few people seems to have the same problem, but I haven't found a solution. I have no idea where to start. Any idea? Any er...

Using Reporting Services with Active Directory
Does anyone have a link to a good document that explains how to do this? I can seem to find one. thanks OriginalStealth Can you explain what are you trying to achive? "OriginalStealth" <OriginalStealth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:512AC6B9-8FBC-42AC-A57D-94071C1AAED9@microsoft.com... > Does anyone have a link to a good document that explains how to do this? > I > can seem to find one. > > thanks ...

Help with macro #5
The following macro puts the file names on the worksheet that has the command button. How can I put the file names on a different worksheet? Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Dim FN As String ' For File Name Dim ThisRow As Long Dim FileLocation As String Application.ScreenUpdating = False FileLocation = "C:\Documents and Settings\nc1\Desktop\TAS forms\*.xls" FN = Dir(FileLocation) Do Until FN = "" ThisRow = ThisRow + 1 Cells(ThisRow, 1) = FN FN = Dir Loop End Sub ...

Domain Admins and Exchange Full Admins
Not sure if this is the default, but domain admins has the 'send as' permission for all domain users. How do I take this away as we don't want our DAs sending out on behalf of users (this has happened by accident a couple of times when they have the From: line showing in Outlook). Is this a Group Policy or somewhere else? Also, one of our admins is an Exchange Administrator, but I cannot give her permission to a mailbox as 'full control' is denied and grayed out. This is the same for domain admins...how can she keep another mailbox open in her Outlook profile and hav...

Global Address Book as a Company Directory
My users are screaming for a company directory (name, location, phones, manager, reports to, etc). When viewing the Global Address Book there is no way to get anything meaningful from this list. You cannot sort, and by default it is displayed by name. What can I do to make the data from the Global Address Book have a more meaningful and useful purpose? And please don't point me to SharePoint, we've tried it and well ... let's just not go there. You will need to evaluate the 3rd party app space......see http://www.webactivedirectory.com/ for one possibility. "ia...

Parsing directories
Thank you to all who helped with the "Select Directory" dialog. I'm now faced with a new problem that I should have forseen. How do I get all of the file names in this directory (where the path is represented as a CString)? Sorry if this isn't an MFC question. Thanks, -Mike- Look at the splitpath function. AliR. "Debaser" <guest@unknown.com> wrote in message news:hg9k11h2r2fv64rrsfghp1f40vm6al0cb5@4ax.com... > Thank you to all who helped with the "Select Directory" dialog. I'm > now faced with a new problem that I should have forseen. ...

Online banking #5
Sorry, can't find where to ask this question,so i am trying here. What online banks do you reccomend ? I already use Capital One & HSBC But want to spread investments around & looking for reliable online banks. Ally bank is offering great rates & advertising alot on tv in the US BUT i see they are GMAC renamed & worry about that. ( what do you think ? ) -- Dell Inspiron Pentium dual-core 2.2 GHz 2 GB DDR2 SDRAM Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 No need to worry about bank "reliability" if by that term you are referring to financial stability. The only thing you...

Exchange 5.5 stores not starting
We have a win2k server, running exchange 5.5, we can't start either the public or private stores - I've run eseutil /mh and output to a text file and the stores are reported as consistent. But when I attempt to start the MS Exchange IS service I get the following error logged in Event viewer: Event id 7024 Microsoft Exchange Information Store terminated with the Service specific error 4294965693 - I've searched on the event id and that error code and so far I can tell its something to do with logging / recovery but I can't find a fix, anyone out there offer any help ? ...

Shared Schedules permission
Hi, I have setup a shared schedule for my report and want to allow a user to modify and execute the schedule on his own needs. The user is member of these roles for the report that use the schedule: Browser, Content Manager, My Reports and Publisher. There is no security tab on the shared schedules property dialog. Appreciate any help on how to troubleshoot. -- Thanks in advance Bodo ...

Ex 5.5 mailbox mail deletion
1st timer!!!! I have a number of mailboxes that I would like to delete ALL the mail within the mailbox but do not want to a) Delete the actual mailbox B) Open up outlook on the server or client and select all emails and delete. Is there a tool or command in 5.5 which will delete all the mail in a specified mailbox. Thanks for reading Regards Rob 1. Clean Mailbox from the Tools menu in the admin. 2. Mailbox Manager. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305109 3. Exmerge http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;265441 On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 17:00:01 -0...

Upgrade Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000
I have Exchange 5.5 SP3 installed on a NT4 server. The server is also a PDC. I want to keep the old hardware for the Exchange server. I want to migrate Exchange and Windows to 2000. I have a spare box that I thougt I could use as a swing server. The problem is that the RAID card on the spare box is incompatible with Windows 2000 making it impossible to install Windows 2000. I tried to install SBS 2003 RC on the spare box and that works. In-place upgrade seems like a good way as long as I have backups to go back to if anything goes wrong, but I have been thinking about the following too: In...

Messages awaiting directory lookup
Hi PLEASE assit. We are running a mixed 2003 and 2000 domain and exchange environment. I have two DC's per site, and one GC per site, all are operational and are working. However, messages are queuing in the "awaiting directory lookup" queue in exchange. I ahve rebuilt the GC, the DNS is responding correctly, but this is happening and there is nothing else in the eventlog. All SP's and hotfixes have been applied... Please assist http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-%20us;823489&Product=exch2k On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 03:59:15 -0700, "scott" &...

Can I run OWA (Exch 5.5 version) on Win2K3 Server?
I need to add a W2K3 domain controller. I would like to go ahead and upgrade our OWA server since we've had a few issues with it. We are using Exchange 5.5 on a different machine than our OWA machine. Can I upgrade the OWA machine from Win2K server to Win2K3 server? In other words, can OWA for Exchange 5.5 run on a W2K3 machine? Thanks I hope the following artilce will answer your question.. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260832 -- Santhosh Sivarajan MCSE(W2K3/W2K/NT4),MCSA(W2K3/W2K/MSG),CCNA,Network+ Houston, TX "Alex Parker" <alexpar@...