Direct Push SP requirements

All,

What are the minimum requirements for direct push to work properly.  I
currently run 2 front end servers, 4 gateway servers, and one mailbox server
(all Exchange 2003 sp1).  Do I have to install SP2 on both front end servers
and mailbox server for direct push to work or will just installing sp2 on the
front ends enable this functionality.

Thanks,
Scott Miller

you need the Messaging and Security Feature Pack (AKU 2) for windows mobile
5. MOst vendors don't have it out yet. But you will need SP2 all around.

"Scott Miller" wrote:

> All,
>
> What are the minimum requirements for direct push to work properly.  I
> currently run 2 front end servers, 4 gateway servers, and one mailbox server
> (all Exchange 2003 sp1).  Do I have to install SP2 on both front end servers
> and mailbox server for direct push to work or will just installing sp2 on the
> front ends enable this functionality.
>
> Thanks,
> Scott Miller
0
knightly (222)

Exchange Server 2003
Hello, I am the IT Manager of a tour operator based in North Oxfordshire. We have recently put in a new domain, upgraded to Windows Server 2003 and moved from Lotus Notes/Domino to Exchange Server 2003. Although we have set everything up and it appears to be working OK in general, we are noticing little errors here and there. None of us have a great deal of experience with Active Directory, DNS, Exchange 2003, etc. so we are looking to hire a consultant, preferably Microsoft-certified, but certainly with lots of knowledge of Windows Server 2003 domain environments. It would only be fo...

ING Direct #3
Thinking about opening an account here. Will it link to my Money file? Thanks for your reply. (I'm not at my home computer or I would check it out myself) Scott ING Direct no longer links allowing you to connect and update from within Money. To update you have to go into the ING Direct Web site and download your transactions to Money. On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 08:46:32 -0700, "Scott W" <ScottW2000xx@Yahoo.com> wrote: >Thinking about opening an account here. Will it link to my Money file? >Thanks for your reply. >(I'm not at my home computer or I would check it...

Plain Text Direction
I have purchased Notebook with Vista from Dubai. My language set is as English and Keyboard US ( Vista Home Regional Langague setting ). In office 2007, I have set langague as ENGLISH USA. In microsoft Outlook 2007, I am expereincing unique problem. All incoming mails in PLAIN TEXT which include emails, read receipt and delivery reports are appearing in Right to Left Direction. Repeat in PLAIN TEXT FORMAT. There is no problem in HTML and Rich Text Messages. I want to set text direction as LEFT TO RIGHT as defualt for PLAIN TEXT MSGES. In Option, I could not find tab for LEFT TO RI...

Void PR Direct Deposit Payment
We are trying to void a payroll direct deposit. We select the checkbook ID but are unable to bring up the DD number to void. We try to select by Employee ID, Check Number and Audit Trail code but we get "There are no checks in this range to void for this Checkbook ID and year". The check date is in the current year (2008). The check/DD number is not a duplicate number and it has not been reconciled in the checkbook. The number does exist in both the PR Check and Transaction tables. Why can't we see it in the Void Payroll Checks window? You can't have a duplicate c...

Edit directly in Cells
I am having intermittent (daily) problems with 'Editing Directly in Cells'. After hitting the [F2] key to edit data in a cell, the edit bar cursor shows in the cell correctly. But, when I use the arrow keys in jumps to the next cell to the left as if I hit [Shift][Tab]. I do have the 'Edit Directly in Cells' checked in Options-Edit. Turning it off and on does not make any difference. I must use the mouse to select the text to edit. We tend to input some status language at the end of the task name, so this would be a productivity impact. I have researched the we...

Required fonts in Office 2004
Does anyone know what fonts installed with Office 2004 are required for the applications to function? rockcomm <cbaker10@hotmail.com> wrote: > Does anyone know what fonts installed with Office 2004 are required > for the applications to function? None probably... The fonts Office installs are most of the time enhanced versions of regular fonts. Office 2004 for instance provides Unicode versions of fonts like Times New ROman or Arial. If you deactivate them, you simply won't be able to use the extended Unicode characters from these fonts but I don't see why the applicati...

Free "Direct Connect"
Are there any national / large / mid atlantic based banks out there that offer free Money direct connect access - even with a blanace or other requirement? I have read that BoA offers this - but when I call I am told that all levels of accounts must pay for Direct Connect, same with Suntrust and Chevy Chase (the 3 most prevelant banks in my area). Problems since the server update have left me with a near useless Money, direct connect will probably skirt many of the issues but I would rather not pay for it (especially at 10$ or so a month) Jason In microsoft.public.money, jb1677@gmail.com ...

DIRECT X
C'mon, someone must be using DirectX under Visual C++ ? PLEASE What header files do I need to include when using direct show ? How do I get the examples in the DX9 sdk to run in MFC environment ? Specific example : Project "AmCap", what do I need to do to transfer the files SampleCSG.c / .h into my own MFC app ? 1) Exactly which header files do I need ? (presumabley they are different in MFC as compared to straight WIN32???) 2) What libraries do I need to include in the project? In desperation I even went as far as cutting and pasting the .LIB list from the AmCap example - so ...

Exchange 2003 mail re-direction
I have a SBS2003 server with Exchange 2003, the pop3 side has been setup as a global mailbox so the the mail is delivered to the correct accounts. How do I set exchange up to send any e-mails addressed to someone without a mailbox to be re-directed to a real mailbox. Thanks Craig M Hello Craig, Thank you for your post. Setup the object (user), as a mail enabled contact, provide two SMTP addresses. The primary SMTP address will be the mailbox that you want the mail delivered to, the other address will be a valid SMTP address for your mail system. Kenny Wood CISSP, MCSE PSS Security Mic...

Y-axis title cutting off in vertical direction
I have Microsoft Office 200. In Excell, the Y-axis title is cutting off in the vertical direction. Any Ideas. Common problem; known bug Add some dots at end of title; select the dots and give them font colour same as background (to hide them in case others do not have the bug!) best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Martin" <Martin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:33FF8FF9-F861-4B15-992A-003B408B9EC5@microsoft.com... >I have Microsoft Office 200. In Excell, the Y-axis title is cutting off in > the vert...

emails flying in all directions
On Outlook 2002 when sending off over 5 emails they appear to get mixed up. The person to whom I email gets their message plus one or two for other people I have emailed. I appear to have sent the wrong message to them, look stupid and it can be downright embarassing at times. HELP Zebra Are there delegates involved in this process? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Zebra <a...

any ING Direct deal with money 2004?
I was considering opening an ING Direct savings account. However, I seem to remember that when I bought Money 2003 deluxe last year, one of the leaflets in the box was a "deal" for ING which credited some cash (about $50 I think) to new account holders. If there is a similar deal in Money 2004 I may wait until I upgrade to open an account. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks, Mark From what I can remember from Money 2003 they gave away software. In 2004 Money inside the Deluxe booklet they have a $50.00 opening bonus. "Mark Richards" <welshmark10@worldnet.att.net> ...

2003 SP 2 and ISA 2004 broke OWA
I have a SBS2003 server running ISA 2004. Before I installed Exchange 2003 SP2 OWA worked fine. Now after I installed SP2 it does not, and the remote access does not work either. I have uninstalled and reinstalled to verify this. I tried tweeking the firewall rules but nothing worked. Fortunately this was my test server. I have to install exchange SP2 on the production server tomorrow. It is not running ISA 2004, but ISA 2000 so I do not think I will have the same problems. However, can you uninstall the exchange SP, if so how? Thanks - Wayne On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 14:55:04 -0800, ...

Bought direct from company
If you buy your stocks direct from the company. What is the best way to track it in MN2K5? In microsoft.public.money, Joseph A. Zupko wrote: >If you buy your stocks direct from the company. What is the best way to >track it in MN2K5? > Create an Investment account. Enter Buy, ReinvestDividend, Sell, etc transactions as appropriate. ...

Help with future CRM 3.0 direction, stay with MS or trash
We are losing tremendous amount of productivity using CRM3.0 and are thinking of going to another program, and are looking for thoughts, ideas. Quick background. 10 person company, 6,000 accounts/leads/contacts, remote sales person We converted to CRM3.0 10 months ago from Maximizer 7.5 Enterprise. The main reason for converting was backend issues with Maximizer and wanting to get on SQL Server. Since the conversion our main sales persons productivity has come to a standstill. They used the replication function of Maximizer and worked offline with quick and easy access to info as the...

Direction
I am looking for some direction as to which Dynamics Products are going to fit what I am looking to do? I am looking for an application (main goal is communication) that will link our sales and professional services departments. Here are some of the tactical things that I looking for out of the system: Sales - Forecasting - Automatic e-mail updates to all concerned parties when opportunities, tasks or projects change Services - Ability to track Blocktime, T&M and Projects - Web Time Entry - Customer Services portal capability (having a customer log a ticket via the wed, then we...

Change direction when using Tab key in protected spreadsheet.
I'm using a protected spreadsheet to request information from a group of 150 individuals Participants will be using the Tab key for all of the spreadsheet except for one area where it's appropriate to go down for three cells, jump-up to the next columns down three cells etc. This goes on for seven columns then goes to returns to the Tab - left to right Example Start at cell C40 down to C42 then up to D40 to D42 then to E40 etc.for seven columns then to C43 then we use the TAB key Any suggestions would be appreciated ...

Minimum permissions required for Reconnecting Exchange 2003 mailboxes
Good day, We are looking into extending the capability of reconnecting mailboxes to our Help Desk staff, but want to give them only the necessary rights to perform that task. i have read the article at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316792, but it does not explicitly mention the Reconnect command available in the 2003 ESM. Can someone tell me if it is necessary to grant all of the rights listed in that article to provide the help desk staff that functionality? Thanks in advance, Artie If they have the ability to mailbox enable a user, they can reconnect. ...

Converting XML data into the format which can be directly opened in Money.
Hi, Can you please help me in arriving at some technical solution for my requirement. My requirement is to convert transaction history data available to me in XML format into a format which can be directly opened into Money. Please note that I need to do all this transaformation at runtime. Following are the approaches which I'm thinking of, though I'm not sure how feasible are they(if at all they are possible): Approach 1 : Convert my XML data into Mny format at the runtime and then open that into Money or save that file so that I can later open it using Money. If I want to...

Send Direct Email
Has any experienced that the Send Direct Email function on the Actions menu sends multiple (up to 6) copies of the email to each reciepient? Does anyone know how to remedy this problem? Thanks. -- Tom Rossman ...

#import directive
In my Dialog based MFC project I try to read and parse the cells of a Microsoft Excel document. Method 1) I generated a wrapper of "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\EXCEL9.OLB" through class wizard's "add class" functionality. I got only interfaces and not the attributes of Excel related objects. So I tried Method 2. Method 2) In my dilog's header file I gave the following line #import "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\EXCEL9.OLB" and tried compiling. This way I am able to get all the get set methods too....

require CC or BCC field
My boss has sent me to investigate whether there is a solution for this: He would like Outlook to require an entry into the CC or BCC field - to make sure that everyone is staying in the loop (it's a small office). Now I've found "Auto BCC/CC for Outlook" http://tinyurl.com/2xgmyv and this may work - by setting rules depending on who it is sent to or email titles. However this is not exactly what he wants - he wants us to be thinking about who else would need to know about a certain issue before sending it. Is there a solution for this? "Nick" <thisis...

Ay way to REQUIRE a password for Outlook?
I use a computer, shared by others. I would like Outlook to ask for a password if someone double clicks it, so nobody else can read my mail. I cannot log off of windows as it needs to be a shared PC. Is there a solution? I know Outlook Express has such a feature- but not Outlook. The only workaround I can think of is to require a password protector program to require a password if someone tries to run outlook. By the way, I don't need NSA level security- just a simple popup that makes it difficult for a novice to run outlook. Any easy solution? Thanks! you can password your ps...

To determine the font of a cell and change it if required
I need to have a sub The sub checks range A1 to A10 and determine the font of the cell IF the font is not Times new roman it makes the font to times new roman and the font size to 10 also, if the font is not installed in the system it should give a message. ANy tips will be appreciated Thanks in advance. On May 6, 8:33=A0pm, Subodh <getsub...@gmail.com> wrote: > I need to have a sub > The sub checks range A1 to A10 > and determine the font of the cell > IF the font is not Times new roman > it makes the font to times new roman > and the font size to 10 ...

Products added directly to Opportunity
Why can't I link and display products when they are added directly to an Opportunity? I can do it using Access but not with CRM tools - Reports or Advanced Query. I need a list for a date range of all products sold by Owner. The sales team do not use Orders or Quotes. Our partner said it would work fine to just add the product directly to the Opportunity. Only problem, no reports! Any help greatly appreciated. -- JNech Houston On the left-hand side of the Opportunity screen, there is a section titled 'Products' which lists the Products that are potentially been sold as part ...