Dial Tone Database?

Is it possible to create a Dial Tone Database on a different server from where the original storage group database resides

I have server rooms at two sites.  I have redundant domain controllers for our domain at each site.  I want to create some redundancy for my exchange 2003 server.  I have 1 exchange 2003 server at each site.  One exchange server is not utilized yet.  Let's say the server room that houses the production exchange server sets on fire and ruins the servers in there.  Is there a way that I can get users up and running on the second exchange server

I think that I am going about this wrong because I do not think that I can change the location of the databases of the information store if the server is not running.
0
anonymous (74719)

"Brett" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Is it possible to create a Dial Tone Database on a different server from where the original storage group database resides?

That's just an empty database.

>I have server rooms at two sites.  I have redundant domain controllers for our domain at each site.  I want to create some redundancy for my exchange 2003 server.  I have 1 exchange 2003 server at each site.  One exchange server is not utilized yet.  Let's say the server room that houses the production exchange server sets on fire and ruins the servers in there.  Is there a way that I can get users up and running on the second exchange server?

Use the ADUC or LDIFDE or MBCONN to get the user's HomeMDB property to
point to the new server. Now they're back in business.

>I think that I am going about this wrong because I do not think that I can change the location of the databases of the information store if the server is not running.

You're not changing the location of the databases, you're changing the
name of the server on which the mailboxes reside.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

exchange & dial-up
I am receiving my mail on outlook through an exchange server when I am at work. I want to receive my mails when I am home through outlook also and to be saved to the same PST file. Which settings I should set into outlook? If anyone knows please help. Have you talked to your Exchange admin at work, if you have one? What do they have set up in your office for remote users? Perhaps you can use Outlook Web Access - or VPN to your network and use Outlook to connect directly to your Exchange mailbox. Why are you using a PST file for mail delivery when you have Exchange, btw? anonymous@disc...

dialing from contacts
what do i need to do to use outlook to dial from my computer. I have set up my headset and it will dial out but nothing after the connection is made. I can hear them but they can't hear me. Do I need to install a different modem eg TAPI 3.1 and then what gateway number do I use. Or do I need to talk to my long distance provider or phone co for something on their end. ...

Dial up
here at work we have three computers networked together. The other two networks dial onto the internet through my computer (server) Lately, the computer is always dialing up. We have to pay for online time. How can I easily fine the program that keeps doing this???? Kathy this newsgroup is for the purpose of discussions around a software package called Microsoft CRM. Try posting to a group more focused around operating systems such as microsoft.public.windowsxp where you will be able to get more focused help "Kathy" <aitkinhdwds@emily.net> wrote in message news:0bbe01c...

db1.mdb file created when database compacts
Hi, I have my databases configured to run compact and repair on shutdown. On occasion when the database does it compact and repair process, a db1.mdb is created and left behind after the database has finished its compact and repair process. The next time the database is accessed and closed another ..mdb files is created this time db2.mdb. The file is incremented everytime. Can anyone tell me the cause of this? Thanks, David. On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 06:34:02 -0700, BigTroubleInLittleChina <BigTroubleInLittleChina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Compacting works by creating a dbX...

Corrupted Database
Hi, Last weekend we have a terrible disaster on our Exchange 2003 server. One of the database in one of the storage group got corrupted and this was logged in the event log. Anyone knows what can cause this kind of corruption? Source: ESE Category: Database Corruption Event ID: 447 Information Store (8872) SG1: A bad page link (error -338) has been detected in a B-Tree (ObjectId: 397, PgnoRoot: 7917) of database 'E:\Exchsrvr\SG1\MS4\MStore4.edb' (0 => 7917, 538976288). This causes all others stores within the same storage goup not able to mount/start. If I try to mount ...

Query Parameters error of the Upsized database
I have upsized my Access 2007 database to SQL server 2005 database (Front end Access Database and Back end SQL server Database). Following Adp query does not work as Accdb query after upsized the database due to parameters have been changed. Therefore, please help me to solve the problem. Accdb Query SELECT * FROM DONATIONS WHERE (((DONATIONS.PAY_DATE)>=[forms]![report].[STR_DATE] And (DONATIONS.PAY_DATE)<=[forms]![report].[END_DATE])); Adp Query(After upsized) SELECT dbo.DONATIONS.* FROM dbo.DONATIONS WHERE (PAY_DATE >= @forms___report___STR_DA...

Business Portal and External Database
Hi, one of my clients want to create Queries by pulling in information from external database. ( the database of another application which is in the same instance of the SQL server). is that possible ? They also want to create KPIs on top of these Queries. I checked the functionality of the BP and noticed that Queris use "entities" to pull in the data. any ideas ? Thanks Syed It's been quite awhile since I did anything in SmartList Builder, but I'm pretty sure you can pull data from external sources into a SmartList using SLB. Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP NOVA Solutions...

Backup and restore to new database
Hi I'm trying to take a backup in 2005 and restore it to multiple databases. It's part of a test environment we are trying to set up. I basically want to mimic the ability to completely overwrite the database which you can, or used to able to do, in the GUI. I'm getting errors about the tail log when backing up or that the files from the old data don't match the new database. Sorry I don't have exact errors or code to hand - it seems such a basic thing to do I was hoping someone would have a script. It needs to be TSQL as I'm going to be running it from s...

Dial UP
I have 2 store running RMS v1.3 and HQ. I have permanently lost high-speed internet at one location. Can I run HQ client using a Dial-Up conection? Also, what other solution(s) may be more effective? Thanks Hi Steve, I do believe that it is possible to run HQ client using Dial-up since the minimum bandwith required is somewhere around 56Kbps. I would suggest that you download the free version of Hamachi from www.logmein.com to ensure that the IP addresses remain constant. Best of luck. Regards, Don "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9...

How do I organize data from excel 2003 database into a word file?
I am creating a neighborhood directory. I have my information sorted in alphabetical order and my column headings include...name, address, phone, etc. I would like to move the info into a word file and have the info go into pre-determined slots based on the column headings. Can someone tell me how to get started? Thanks!! You can probably make do with some sort of mailmerge to Word. For more help on Word mail merge using Excel or Access as the data source. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm http://www.m...

how to import msn dial up address book to outlook?
I recently got ms outlook professional and can't figure out how to get my msn dial up address book into the outlook program. chriszilla <chriszilla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I recently got ms outlook professional and can't figure out how to > get my msn dial up address book into the outlook program. In what program do you find the MSN dial-up address book? -- Brian Tillman ...

simulate database corruption
want to do some DR testing on exchange 2000+2003 is there a way to simulate a database corruption?(in the test lab) used to just echo some text into exchange 5.5 databse but this doesnt work with 2000+2003. thanks A hex edit of the database will corrupt it. "Ericb" <Ericb@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Xns962CA7953F621Ericbhotmailcom@194.168.222.125... > want to do some DR testing on exchange 2000+2003 is there a way to simulate > a database corruption?(in the test lab) used to just echo some text into > exchange 5.5 databse but this doesnt work with 2000+200...

Tracking Outlook via a Database
I am trying to create a simple tracking process for emails. To do so I have linked my exchange folders up to an Access database. Unfortunatley the link/table does not show all the available fields such as 'category' that are found on the email's form. Any idea on how I can see all the fields in the form using MS Access? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jason jason_simmons@dell.com ...

Can not Restore Database
I'm using SQL Server 2000 and Great Plains 7.0 I'm trying to store a Great Plains Database to a Test Database as I have done in the past, now I'm getting an error message saying "Exclusive access could not be obtained because the database is in use. RESTORE DATABASE is terminating abnormally." No one is using this test database. Could someone tell me what is causing this error and how can I solve this problem. Thank you in advance, you are probably in the database yourself. - either in Query Analyzer or Enterprise manager. In any case, since you are restoring o...

Need no-install (i.e. no admin rights) database to run from HTA on win7 x64
I need to be able to create a small HTA capable of running on Win 7x64 as well as WinPE3. I would have preferred to use the MS text driver and store the data in an simple CSV, but that is no longer included within the MDAC, and is not available in Windows 7 x64. There is no guarantee of administrative permissions on target machines. I'm looking at using SQLitePlus (com wrapper for SQLite) and wondered if anyone has used it, or has an alternative that may be able to be used. I don't know if this is the right thing for your needs, but you can actually use Windows Insta...

Analog Black Dial
Price:$95.00 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B001J186UK Best deal: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B001J186UK Sparkle and shine. Stark black dial is set in a light silver tone case and contour bracelet with clear crystal accents. Pair with your favorite evening ensemble and wear it out on-the-town. Folding clasp33mm3-hand quartz analog movementWater resistant up to 5 ATM11-year limited warrantyImported SIMILAR PRODUCTS: Super Mario Galaxy:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B000FQ9QVI ACCESSORIES: Chronograph Grey Dial:http://bestdeallocator.info/...

System for Analyzing a database
I am working with an access database that I did not create and I am looking for pointers that will help me analyze and understand what is happening with the data as it is being transferred between tables. More specifically, I need to figure out what the database queries are filtering and manipulating as they transport the data to its final table output. I know exploring the queries in design view will help, but choosing where to start seems confusing and I am seeking, if possible, a more step by step/sequential approach to the undertaking. Do you have any suggested approaches ...

XML URLEncoded
Hello All: We have an app that reads a text field in our database. This field stores XML. Right now: we read this field and create an XML Document in the app. We need to allow URLEncoded XML to be stored in this field (which isn't an issue) and create an XML Documunet of the un-encoded XML. My question is: how would I check in the code if this data is URLEncoded prior to creating the XML Document? Or would I do something after creating the document? Thanks for any help Andy ...

Bulova 98W12 Diamond Series Mother of Pearl Dial Women's Watch Recommendation Discount Watches
Bulova 98W12 Diamond Series Mother of Pearl Dial Women's Watch Recommendation Discount Watches Bulova 98W12 Diamond Series Mother of Pearl Dial Women's Watch Site: http://bulova-watches.pxhelp.com/Bulova-wristwatch-910.html Thank you for choosing http://www.pxhelp.com/ Quality Bulova Watches: http://bulova-watches.pxhelp.com/ Bulova 98W12 Diamond Series Mother of Pearl Dial Women's Watch AdditionalInfo : Watches Brand : Bulova Watches ( http://bulova-watches.pxhelp.com/ ) Gender : Ladies Model : bulova-watch-98W12 Also Called : Case Material : Two-tone ...

Pivot to an Access Database
Hi there I have created a PivotTable which succesfully reads in data from an Access database. The problem I have is that if the path to the Access database is stored somewhere in the PivotTable so that if the database location changes the PivotTable cannot refresh as the database is not found. Is there any way to fix this - short of recreating the PivotTable? Thanks in anticipation. Michael ...

Recover from databases only
Here's the bad news, running SBS 2K3 and the hard drive with boot partition died. The original SBS partition was E: drive. Good news is that the Exchange databases were stored on a separate physical drive (F: drive). Log files died with the drive, but server had been shutdown normally. I rebuilt server from scratch using same machine and domain name but the SBS installed to C: drive. Only have a few users in AD and a few Exchange mailboxes. Added users back into AD. How do I restore the Exchange information store from the old .EDB and ..STM files? Can I delete the log files, copy m...

Dialing Setup
I am using OL 2000 with XP Pro and am in the process of trying to set up my contact list for phone calls. OL is putting a "1" in front of all my local phone contacts making the number to call 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx. Can I make a global change to get rid of the 1 or do I have to remove the 1 on each contact? Will OL 2000 (or XP Pro) support the use of a voice modem? I'd like to use a microphone to make hands free calls. Thanks. Remove the option to dial '1' in your modem dialing properties in the Control panel. "jane" <nospam@nothere.com> wrote in message new...

Moving SQL Databases to another drive results in error
I am trying to move the CRM SQL Databases to another drive that has more space and I get a replication error. Is there any documentation to help me move these successfully?? McKenzie This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_005D_01C5A44F.29F39C90 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable you can do this but you need to disable replication and re-enable = afterwards Use SQL Enterprise manager, select the database you want to move and = then=20 choose the option (after right click) to detach the database,then ...

Need help with this database
I'm building a database who's end goal is to calculate prices for different projects. My first table has a list of all the separate materials I'll be using and the cost for that particular item (eg Nail, 2x4, plywood sheet, etc). The key value for that table is the Resource Name. The second table has the specific project names along with the qty of the materials from table 1. The main form for this table allows me to create a project, select building materials from a predefined list, and add the quantities and everything inputs into the table correctly there. The...

The tracking database on server is not available
Hello everyone, When i use Message Tracking Center on my exchange 2003 server, i got: "The Tracking Database on the Server is not Available or the message has left the Exchange Organization" Facility: Microsoft Exchange Management ID No: C1032751 In my server properties, "Enable subject logging and display" and "Enable message tracking" are checked. Remove files older is set to 60 days. I have rights on the <server>.log share folder and see many .log files on there. I use Backup Exec 9.1 for backup software. Circular logging is not enabled. Any ide...