Diagnostics Logging

Some email to some domains can't be delivered
showing as "The connection was dropped by the remote host"

What type of logging should I enable to troubleshoot this?

THanks

0
fake3845 (77)

also, where does it log too be default?

"James" <fake@email.com> wrote in message
> Some email to some domains can't be delivered
> showing as "The connection was dropped by the remote host"
>
> What type of logging should I enable to troubleshoot this?
>
> THanks

0
fake3845 (77)

Diagnostics Logging
Some email to some domains can't be delivered showing as "The connection was dropped by the remote host" What type of logging should I enable to troubleshoot this? THanks also, where does it log too be default? "James" <fake@email.com> wrote in message news:uxUhWt9eEHA.1652@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Some email to some domains can't be delivered > showing as "The connection was dropped by the remote host" > > What type of logging should I enable to troubleshoot this? > > THanks > > ...

Problem with log in to Vista
I've got a problem with my Vista (Home Premium) I tried to log in in the morning and this problem occured - all of my desktop icons (same goes to wallpaper) vanished, my Windows taskbar won't open and I can only browse my computer through one explorer window that popped out during a log in (I can browse all the areas/hdd's of my pc) I scanned my OS with AVG antivir but the problem still occurs. It's been 8 months since I install the system (and i've got all the updates) and I never had a problem like this before. What is it? Is it a virus or any other piece of m...

creating a log sheet
Hi all, I've created a method to capture current user (network username) and a date / time stamp. I want this output to be logged on a hidden sheet called 'log' strangely enough! How does it find the next available line in log to output to? tia see if this will help you. you didn't give too specific of a description, so hopefully this is what you're looking for lastRow = Worksheets("log").Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row range("A: & lastrow +1) = "your date/time stamp code" -- Gary "sacrum" <sacrum...

How to log internet header of incoming emails?
Hello, I want to log internet header of incoming emails. I want to see the content of the Bcc field. Is it possible? And if yes, how and where I have to config the log settings in exchange server? We use exchange 2000. Thanks. Regards Christian You can create a rudimentary log of incoming mail using the SMTP protocol logging feature of the SMTP virtual server. It will not record the BCC field or any of the message content, though. The BCC field would be inside the RFC 2822 header of the message. To record anything in that you would need an SMTP protocol sink. The Archive sink mig...

OWA, log in to .. log out?
hi Exch 2k3 1 FE server no forms based auth here(yet) This weekend I put a FE server out and put a SSL cerfiticate on it. The name in the certificate is not the same as the server, however our internet facing DNS has an A record for it with the name that is used in the certificate. after the migration I have a small number of users, about 10 out of 1000 that when using OWA get asked to enter credentials when they click "log off". why? Also, because i think its maybe related. This FE server is physically inside our network behind a pix. One thing I wanted to achieve but...

what permissions does a windows service need to execute another process? System.Diagnostics.Process process = System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(info); just local administrator? any specific permitions?
what permissions does a windows service need to execute another process? System.Diagnostics.Process process = System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(info); just local administrator? any specific permitions? I am not sure what the precise permission set it. That it runs on XP and not on Win2003 could certainly be a permissionset issue, but if you (an authenticated domain user?) have a different permission set on an XP domain-joined machine vs a Win2003 domain-joined machine within the same domain - and are therefore seeing this stuff while developing your app - that's just hokey and your ...

Locking Diagnostics
Would anyone have the source to sp_blockinfo stored procedure? Thanks in advance On Tue, 25 May 2010 07:44:40 -0400, "RG" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote: >Would anyone have the source to sp_blockinfo stored procedure? > >Thanks in advance > Try mhtml:http://grumpyolddba.co.uk/sql2000/KB703_SQL Server 2000 P&T Survival Guide.mht#_Toc53370361 John You are too kind. I found a lot of goodies there. Thanks again "John Bell" <jbellnewsposts@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:q5lnv5pk6cflo90dpg08kkrshmqqgbno7t@4ax.com... &...

Messanger shuts down immediatly after logging on
I open messanger, I type pass, it opens than immediatly completely shuts down (not minimized) Can someone please lead me to a fix here? ...

Outlook template for phone log
I have Outlook 2000 SR-1 and am trying to make a folder in Outlook as I had with a previous version that I can design to work like a phone log of messages and calls that are received. Can make a folder and choose a template but how to I make a template or change the design. Use to have phone call folder open and had date/time/person who called/ phone number/ reason for call. How do I do this, any ideas ...

Diagnostics Logging Files
When you turn on the Diagnostics Logging on, for example, MSExchangeMU, where are located subsequent the log files? What I did was: under Exchange System Attendant, right-click on MYEXCHSERVER, and then Properties, Diagnostics Logging tab, set MSExchangeMU at maximum logging level. And then stop/start the Exhange services. Did I miss something? Help appreciated. Nicolas On Thu, 25 May 2006 11:49:43 +0200, "Nicolas Macarez" <macarez@free.fr> wrote: >When you turn on the Diagnostics Logging on, for example, MSExchangeMU, >where are located subsequent the log files?...

Office Diagnostics issue ...
Today a display box appeared with a suggestion to run Microsoft Office 2007 Diagnostics Tool because it detected that my Office was crashing frequently. I allowed it to run as suggested, and other than one part that couldn't complete because of something being missing, it detected no problems with memory or compatibility, etc. The crashing it detected I suspect is caused by an installation of software from Avanquest called Lightning PDF. Ever since I installed it, Word does not close correctly 99% of the time, and Avanquest tells me I am the only person with this problem (...

time-taken missing from tracking logs
Hello all. I have noticed a 'time-taken' field in tracking log documentation (for Exchange 2000 and 2003). I also read that time-taken is computed based off of the MSGID. I am looking for this field in my Exchange 2003 tracking logs, but cannot find it. Here are two references to this field: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;246965 http://www.it-training-grote.de/download/message-tracking.pdf Any help? If Exchange 2003 does not output the time-taken field in the tracking logs, what is an easy way to compute the time it took to deliver an email? Thanks! ...

Logging Outlook Web Access
Hi, I'm new at this. How can I tell as an Administrator how many times someone logs on and off of Microsoft Outlook Web Access? Does that information get logged somehow? Thanks in Advance, John Hi - OWA is part of Exchange, not Outlook, so this would be best posted in an Exchange group. This is a server issue - auditing can be enabled to log login/logout events. John wrote: > Hi, > > I'm new at this. How can I tell as an Administrator how many times > someone logs on and off of Microsoft Outlook Web Access? Does that > information get logged somehow? > >...

Diagnostic Utility
Does anyone know of a diagnostic utility to run that would verify the integrity of the data in CRM? ...

Logging on to more than one HQ Database
Hi, we have several shops accross Europe where each country is using a separate Database in RMS. To connect with the HQ I created a small batchfile that imports the registry keys for the database the user has chosen into the registry and then starts the HQ Manager. That works fine right now because we are using 1.0 where the reg-keys are always the same. In 1.3 (which we will be upgrading to shortly) things are a bit different. Here the Connection Details are encrypted and are therefore from machine to machine. That means I cannot include the registry-keys in the installation routine be...

Traffic logging
Hi I've just registered that there seems to be a lot of outbound connections from our fireewall to external systems on port 25, even thoug no one is currently logged in and using exchange. Are there any way we can log outgoing connections so we might se what is going on? /A. "Andy" <newsmail@spamblock.org> wrote: >I've just registered that there seems to be a lot of outbound connections >from our fireewall to external systems on port 25, even thoug no one is >currently logged in and using exchange. Are there any way we can log >outgoing connecti...

Logging off idle users
We are using GP 9.00 and was wondering if there was a product available that would help you log off idle users. Too many times I have people that just forget to sign off causing others not to be able to log on. Anyinput would be appreciated. Thanks BK, Omni Tools from Rockton Software will do this: http://www.rocktonsoftware.com/products.aspx?p=8 -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html "BK" <BK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B6C45C2-D4BA-4DCB-A742-975643FB0543@microso...

Last Logged on by NT Authority\System
Hi. In the Exchange Service Manager for Exchange 2003, I often see mailboxes that show a Last Logged on by "NT Authority\System". What process or event causes this to appear? Most mailboxes I see show a regular domain id as the Last Logged on By. Mailbox manager, AV, backup, etc, etc. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP "Linda Rich" <LindaRich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:748D5461-BC27-4EAB-A7F0-7A204BC7F49E@microsoft.com... > Hi. In the Exchange Service Manager for Exchange 2003, I often see > mailboxes > that show a Last Logged o...

ESM
I'm wondering how credible the Last Logged On By infor in the Exchange System Manager is. I've noticed that one of my users accounts is listed as the last logged on by for some other mailboxes that s/he shouldn't be. I'm wondering if the user has passed the username/password credentials or if the user is listed even if they've failed the username/password credential check. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and thanks in advanced. Jared jared wrote: > I'm wondering how credible the Last Logged On By infor in > the Exchange System Manager is. Credib...

Log says that administrator is logging on to mailboxes?
I keep getting an application log error that says that the administrator for the domain is logging onto mail boxes and is not the owner of the mail box. I am the administrator and I am not logging on. I understand that I can access any mail box but I am not accessing these boxes. Any ideas? This could be due to the information store maintenance that occurs between 12 midnight and 4 AM by default. I found that the server will list the administrator as the last person to log onto the computer if any changes (cleanup) are made to the mailbox. The time and frequency of this maintenance is ad...

Why can I read other peoples e-mail, when I log on to their wor.
When I log on tooutlook 2003 at workstation where my co-worker is the Administrator, I get his e-mail. I only have domain user privileges. did you create your own profile? "MEDS" <MEDS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD6804C0-BF21-4395-9C1C-5E7E4C7388D2@microsoft.com... > When I log on tooutlook 2003 at workstation where my co-worker is the > Administrator, I get his e-mail. I only have domain user privileges. Thanks for responding Diane. I created my own profile. "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote: > did you create your own profile? >...

error log message
I'm actually getting a couple of error messages. The load user profile call failed with the fallowing error: The system has attempted to load or restore a file into the registry, but the specified file is not in a registry file format. (The Source is the service control manager). Windows was unable to load the registry. This is often caused by insufficient mamory or insufficient security rights. Detail - The system has attempted to load or restore a file into the registry, but the specified file is not in a registry file format. for C:\documents and settings\networkservice\l...

could not allocate space in a Registry log
Hello all, I use exchange 5.5 on NT 4.0 platform. When i tried to create a mailbox for a new user, i got the following error msg: "System could not allocate the required space in a Registry log". Pls what can I do to correct this and also to prevent a future occurrence. Your urgent response will be appreciated. ...

Excessive Transaction Logging
Hi recently done an upgrade of Exchange 5.5 to 2003. The are around 150 users in this system, all now residing on the 2003 server Since moving users upgrade the Exchange 2003 I have noticed there seems to be a large amount of transaction logs being created, usually aroung 1gb per 24 hours, this is much more than the 5.5 server did, or any other Exchange Server I know of supporting a simiar amount of users Looking at Message tracking I couldnt see any mail that looks like its is looping etc. Does anybody have any ideas on what could be causing this Thanks John For starters, stop virtual S...