determine mail flow problem!!!!!!!!

Help! :-(

Our mailflow from 2 backend 2003 exchange servers keeps queuing up in the
outbound queue (which is set to always run delivery). Messages stay in there
from 10 to 120 minutes before being sent to our gateway MTA and then sent
off site (to hotmail.com for example). However when I telnet from a backend
server to the gateway over port 25 and send a test message it goes right
away.

I can't for the life of me figure out why.

One example when viewed in message tracking history says:

10:16am - smtp: store driver, message submitted from store
10:16am - smtp: message submitted to advanced queing
10:16am - smtp: start message submissions to advanced queue
10:16am - smtp: message submitted to categorizer
10:16am - smtp: message categorized and queued for routing
10:16am - smtp: message routed and queued for remote delivery
10:41am - smtp: started outbound transfer of message
10:45am - smtp: message transfered to smtp through SMTP

Any iDeas? Help!

- Any time discrepancies between the BE servers and the relay host?
- Is the SMTP Connector running on a schedule or set to always run?
--
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange

"GC Postmaster" <gc_postmaster@gordon.edu> wrote in message
> Help! :-(
>
> Our mailflow from 2 backend 2003 exchange servers keeps queuing up in the
> outbound queue (which is set to always run delivery). Messages stay in
> there from 10 to 120 minutes before being sent to our gateway MTA and then
> sent off site (to hotmail.com for example). However when I telnet from a
> backend server to the gateway over port 25 and send a test message it goes
> right away.
>
> I can't for the life of me figure out why.
>
> One example when viewed in message tracking history says:
>
> 10:16am - smtp: store driver, message submitted from store
> 10:16am - smtp: message submitted to advanced queing
> 10:16am - smtp: start message submissions to advanced queue
> 10:16am - smtp: message submitted to categorizer
> 10:16am - smtp: message categorized and queued for routing
> 10:16am - smtp: message routed and queued for remote delivery
> 10:41am - smtp: started outbound transfer of message
> 10:45am - smtp: message transfered to smtp through SMTP
>
> Any iDeas? Help!

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
9/8/2006 10:18:06 PM
There was time discrepencies, but only after submitting for remote queueing.
Then later one it is delivered. I tried someone's suggestion from another
forum:

1. CHeck for old messages in the queue that might be corrupted and delete
them. I did this and things started flowing, but I think others got
corrupted, because more queued up a little time later.

2. The other suggestion was to delete the connector and then recreate a new
one. This seems to have done the trick. No mail is queueing now!

Thanks all for helping!

"Bharat Suneja [MVP]" <bharatsuneja@no.spam.org> wrote in message
>- Any time discrepancies between the BE servers and the relay host?
> - Is the SMTP Connector running on a schedule or set to always run?
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MVP - Exchange
> www.zenprise.com
> NEW blog location:
> www.exchangepedia.com/blog
>

> "GC Postmaster" <gc_postmaster@gordon.edu> wrote in message
>> Help! :-(
>>
>> Our mailflow from 2 backend 2003 exchange servers keeps queuing up in the
>> outbound queue (which is set to always run delivery). Messages stay in
>> there from 10 to 120 minutes before being sent to our gateway MTA and
>> then sent off site (to hotmail.com for example). However when I telnet
>> from a backend server to the gateway over port 25 and send a test message
>> it goes right away.
>>
>> I can't for the life of me figure out why.
>>
>> One example when viewed in message tracking history says:
>>
>> 10:16am - smtp: store driver, message submitted from store
>> 10:16am - smtp: message submitted to advanced queing
>> 10:16am - smtp: start message submissions to advanced queue
>> 10:16am - smtp: message submitted to categorizer
>> 10:16am - smtp: message categorized and queued for routing
>> 10:16am - smtp: message routed and queued for remote delivery
>> 10:41am - smtp: started outbound transfer of message
>> 10:45am - smtp: message transfered to smtp through SMTP
>>
>> Any iDeas? Help!

How to block mail from a domain...
Hello, Does anyone know where in ex2003 you block mail from a specific domain from coming in to your mail server? TIA, Gary From System Manager, Global Settings, Right Click on Message Delivery, then click on the Sender Filtering tab, t hen click add and add the domain @company.com. Click apply, Click ok... then...go to your SMTP Virtual Server, Right Click, Properties, Advanced, edit, and check the box for Apply Sender Filter. "GaryH" <hornbeck@siskiyous.edu> wrote in message news:OgT9H4g4EHA.2572@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hello, > Does anyone know where in ex2003 ...

changing color/font in mail headers vs. inbox rules
I just changed the header text font and color to ID messages from important users, and to ID all messages sent to me from an old account that I want to shut down. This all works fine _unless_ the incoming message is auto-filed into a different folder by an INBOX rule. How do I get rules applied AFTER the header font/color changes? Also, which Outlook file stores the rules for selecting mail header font and color? ILOO ...

Problems with MS Excel Help (Office 2000 SR-1 Small Business)
Just recently, when I go to help, when I click the "See Also" items, I get "an error has occurred in the script on this page" from Internet Explorer running script. Other data is: Line: 1 Char: 1 Error: Object doesn't support this property and Method. Code: 0 URL: mk:@MSITStore:C:\Program%20Files\Microsoft% 20Office\Office\1033\xlmain9.chm::/html/xlfctSIN.htm Also, in VBA help, for objects the items usually at the top of the page for properties, methods, events, etc. are replsaced by a small box with a period in it, and clicking these does nothing. I have unin...

import/export problem
I am trying to export mail from my parent's desktop to my new laptop (they are NOT on a network). When I go to export, I select the .pst file as the one I want to save as, but when it's done exporting, it shows up as a office data file, which won't import. How can I fix this? I really don't want to forward all those e-mails - I just want to have all my mail on the laptop! Thanks! >-----Original Message----- >I am trying to export mail from my parent's desktop to my >new laptop (they are NOT on a network). > >When I go to export, I select the .pst f...

OWA: Cannot send mail / mail goes to draft folder
Hello, I have the same problem how SC. I have an OWA 2003 and if I sent a mail the mail goes every in the draft folder. I can't send it. Please help me! Greetings Christof ...

manage different e-mail acounts
I have four main e-mail accounts: one sbcyahoo, one g-mail, and two hotmail. How can I have all my e-mails from these various accounts to come to my outlook inbox? This is the first time I will be using Outlook. Version of Outlook? Are the hotmail accounts paid or premium accounts? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Aakash asked: | I have four main e-mail accounts: one sbcyahoo, one g-mail, and two | hotmail....

Problem with outgoing mail
The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'sukotto51@hotmail.com'. Subject 'Divided+Microwave+Plates+With+Lids+from+Collections+Etc.', Account: 'Windows Mail', Server: 'plus.smtp.m...

Organising mails
I am trying to organise mails in outlook such that messages sent to me but not replied are shown up in a seperate color. I am able to set mails to me to be dispalyed in a different color (Tools --> Organise --> Using Colors) but am unable to set both "replied" & "mails to me" condition. Not sure if you can check the reply status of a mail item "attaboy" <attaboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16E41417-D234-4C19-A1B2-7C0E13598C15@microsoft.com... >I am trying to organise mails in outlook such that messages sent to me but...

How to stop inbound mail sent from invalid domains
I'm aware of senderID in Exch2003 SP2. I'm also aware that this does not solve my problem. We are getting hammered with spam...sent from fnord. Example: FROM: sdlkfjsd@udududud.tuuuu TO: ValidUser@MyCompany.com I understand that senderID is used to stop forgery (if the world+dog added SFP info to DNS zone and they have not yet) but SenderID goes above and beyond what I'm looking for...I'm asking for something more basic. How to I get exchange to drop email sent such that the server email address's domain is totally bogus? (Forget SPF records...the domain does not eve...

filtering a mailing list
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) How do you filter a mailing list by zip code? Autofilter. If you can't be bothered to type a detailed question, we can't be bothered to type a detailed answer :-) On 7/03/10 12:23 PM, in article 59bb412f.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "tcmetrock@officeformac.com" <tcmetrock@officeformac.com> wrote: > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) How do you filter a mailing list by > zip code? This email is my business email -- Please do not email me about forum matters unless you intend to pay! -- J...

problem with forwarding
Hi - i use exchange server 2003 and i choose in the active directory of the server the > exchange general-delivery options-forward to .... option for a user. then the out of office assistant when this user runs microsoft outlook( 2003) is not working.Can i do something for this ? Thanks. In news:D29A8FF7-EC09-4701-A913-9CB1E45609FB@microsoft.com, chris <chris@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hi - i use exchange server 2003 and i choose in the active directory > of the server > the > exchange general-delivery options-forward to .... option for a > user. the...

Download problems from CD
I recently purchase Money 2006 Deluxe and have not had any luck installing the program. I keeps asking for a QM.dll file that I can't find. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

unbound subform updating problem
I have a form with an unbound subform. In the subform, I would like to display all the records from a particular table, sorted on a particular field. So far, quite a simple matter. The issue becomes a little more complicated, however, because the table in question gets altered, based on user input on the main form (the form containing the unbound subform). Not only do the records in the table change, but the table may have columns added to it or deleted from it, and I would like those changes to be reflected in the subform. I can get the updated records to show up in the subform, but when...

determine mail flow problem!!!!!!!!
Help! :-( Our mailflow from 2 backend 2003 exchange servers keeps queuing up in the outbound queue (which is set to always run delivery). Messages stay in there from 10 to 120 minutes before being sent to our gateway MTA and then sent off site (to hotmail.com for example). However when I telnet from a backend server to the gateway over port 25 and send a test message it goes right away. I can't for the life of me figure out why. One example when viewed in message tracking history says: 10:16am - smtp: store driver, message submitted from store 10:16am - smtp: message submitted to ...

Secret Mail box
How can I create a second secret mail box in outlook That's password protected? What version and for what purpose? Not being nosy but your answer to the latter question may provide a better and easier solution. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Paul asked: | How can I create a second secret mail box in outlook That's password | protected? ...

Determine columns used
I have 100+ spreadsheets which i have to edit into a certain format. The spreadsheets currently have 100 columns (from 1-100). From there i have to reduce the number of columns set to 8 columns. E.g: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 (from column 9 onwards, it goes to the 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 next rows' column 1) 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 How do i do that without altering the order of the value of the cell? Let me make sure we understand the question. You have ...

Outlook 2003 and free Hotmail problem
Things appear to be configured properly, (INCLUDING userid and password) but whenever Outlook attempt to get to hotmail I get: Task 'Hotmail - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC32) : 'Access to the account was denied. Verify that your username and password are correct.The server responded 'Authorization Required'. ' What type of 'Authorization' is required? The previous SA remark said userid and password. Unless these are different for access through Outlook, the one's configured are correct. Tks -Ray Please continue at the original post. -- ...

Windows Live ID Problems
I have been using Money 2006 for the last 2 years. Since the online updates stopped as of 9/1/08, I was prompted to download a new version. I downloaded and installed MS Money Plus 2008. When I attempt to log in using my Windows Live ID and password I get the following error: "The email address or password is incorrect. Please try again." I never had this problem with the older version. My Windows Live ID and password work fine on this website and when I go to the main passport website. I am using Windows XP Home Edition, and have been for the last 5+ years. I have re-...

VLOOKUP Problem in EXCEL 2010
I have a reference table (named SPOTS) that looks like this Date GoldSpot Silver Spot 2/9/2012 $1,722.00 $33.59 2/21/2012 $1,753.00 $34.15 2/22/2012 $1,754.90 $34.19 2/23/2012 $1,780.00 $35.35 2/24/2012 $1,781.00 $35.41 12/31/2099 In a second table, I want to use VLOOKUP to find a match in Column A and return either Column B or Column C on the row that contains the match. The second table (VALUES) looks like this (much simplified) after update: Date GoldSpot Quantity Value 2/9/2012 $1,722.00 3 $5166.00 2/21/2012 $1,753.00 5 $8765.00 2/22/2012 $1,754.90 1 ...

Duplicate and triplicate In-Mail.
I had to re-install XP and Outlook 2000 on my PC and Laptop and reset some settings. Since then I'm geeting my In-Mail in duplicate on the PC and in TRIPLICATE on the Laptop. What did I do? I'd reaaly appreciate some help. Thanks, Denzil. ...

Dynamically determining when a month ends
Hello all, Ok, I have a simple excel spreadsheet, where I keep track of my spending on one tab, my income in another and my summary in a thrid. My problem happens when I try to dynamically calc. avg's for months in the summary page. For instance, if I want to see how much money I spent on average per month, or even per day, I draw from the data entered into the spending page. Now, the spending page is set up with the following columns: Date:: Description:: Amount The problem with this is that I can't predefine a max row # for each month, since I might have 80 entries in spending...

Windows Mail; delete selected items
When I select items in a box and try to delete them, I get the message: (Er is een onbekende fout opgetreden) An unknown error occurred. -- Kees Try these options. How to Remove a Stuck Undeletable Message in Windows Mail http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/62560-windows-mail-problems.html WMUtil http://www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/Default.aspx -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Kees" <Kees@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1DDCE31-D8A0-46AF-B2C7-09F69CC55A42@microsoft.com... > > When I select it...

Pasting problem
I am currently trying to copy information from a PUBLISHER document and pasting it into Dreamweaver. I hilight text in PUBLISHER, select COPY and then try to paste that data into Dreamweaver, But nothing happens- the data does not show up. But if I copy the data from Publisher to NOTEPAD and then copy from Note pad to Dreamweaver all is well. Does anyone have an explanation or a way to fix this problem. I appreciate any help you can provide. Thanks That's the best way *to* do it, so you strip out all the junk formatting. "pcor" <pcor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

Excel/Outlook Mail Merge???
I need to be able to send out pricing changes to our customers via email. I have the Outlook Mail Merge part worked out, but I need to somehow get the actually pricing files attached as well. I have a .csv file that contains the pricing records for about 150-200 customers, each customer has between 1-200 individual parts/pricing records. Each customer can only get their own records. The customers are assigned unique numbers, so I have that to use as a join. I can also use SQL Server if need be. Any ideas? Kell You might find something you can use on Ron DeBruin's site: htt...

verify contact mailing address
Hello, Until recently whenever I eneter a mailing address in a contact outlook 2007 would throw up a small dialog asking me to verify the structure of the address. This was very usefull as we often do searches by post (zip) code or county (state) etc. This seems to have stopped! Is there any way I can turn it back on? Did that make sense? Stuart 1. Open any new or existing contact. 2. Click the button for the Home, Business or Other address. 3. Check the box for "Show this again when address is incomplete or unclear." -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author o...