Determine cluster mode Active/Active or Active/Passive??

This is a simple question but I'm new to Exchange 2003 clustering.  We
have 2-node Exc 2003 Ent cluster here at my new job.  I need to apply
the Daylight Savings patches this weekend and making sure I've got the
process down.  What I noticed in Cluster Admin is that I have online
groups/resources in each cluster. So I have excluster1 and
excluster2.  If I check Active Groups for each one, they both have
both and both are online.  Same deal with Active Resources.
So does this mean I have an Active/Active setup?

Thanks for any info

Active/Active = 2 cluster nodes, both hosting 1 Exchange Virtual Server. (At
some point when one node fails over, the other one could then host 2 EVSes).
--
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange

"jrm73" <jayrmontana@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> This is a simple question but I'm new to Exchange 2003 clustering.  We
> have 2-node Exc 2003 Ent cluster here at my new job.  I need to apply
> the Daylight Savings patches this weekend and making sure I've got the
> process down.  What I noticed in Cluster Admin is that I have online
> groups/resources in each cluster. So I have excluster1 and
> excluster2.  If I check Active Groups for each one, they both have
> both and both are online.  Same deal with Active Resources.
> So does this mean I have an Active/Active setup?
>
> Thanks for any info

0
bharatsuneja1 (3145)
3/2/2007 9:56:38 PM
How to identify an EVS:
- The EVS cluster group should have at least the following resources: 1) IP
Address 2) Network Name 3) Physicial Disk 4) System Attendant 5) Information
Store
- The value shown in the parameters of Network Name resource is the name of
your Exchange server as it shows up in Exchange System Manager console

Determine how many nodes you have, and how many EVS cluster groups you have
with those above resources.
Active/Passive is where number of EVSes = Number of Nodes - 1 (or less)
Active/Active = max of 2 nodes & 2 EVSes

--
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange

"Bharat Suneja [MVP]" <bharatsuneja@no.spam.org> wrote in message
> Active/Active = 2 cluster nodes, both hosting 1 Exchange Virtual Server.
> (At some point when one node fails over, the other one could then host 2
> EVSes).
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MVP - Exchange
> www.zenprise.com
> NEW blog location:
> exchangepedia.com/blog
>

> "jrm73" <jayrmontana@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> This is a simple question but I'm new to Exchange 2003 clustering.  We
>> have 2-node Exc 2003 Ent cluster here at my new job.  I need to apply
>> the Daylight Savings patches this weekend and making sure I've got the
>> process down.  What I noticed in Cluster Admin is that I have online
>> groups/resources in each cluster. So I have excluster1 and
>> excluster2.  If I check Active Groups for each one, they both have
>> both and both are online.  Same deal with Active Resources.
>> So does this mean I have an Active/Active setup?
>>
>> Thanks for any info

0
bharatsuneja1 (3145)

determine mail flow problem!!!!!!!!
Help! :-( Our mailflow from 2 backend 2003 exchange servers keeps queuing up in the outbound queue (which is set to always run delivery). Messages stay in there from 10 to 120 minutes before being sent to our gateway MTA and then sent off site (to hotmail.com for example). However when I telnet from a backend server to the gateway over port 25 and send a test message it goes right away. I can't for the life of me figure out why. One example when viewed in message tracking history says: 10:16am - smtp: store driver, message submitted from store 10:16am - smtp: message submitted to ...

Determine columns used
I have 100+ spreadsheets which i have to edit into a certain format. The spreadsheets currently have 100 columns (from 1-100). From there i have to reduce the number of columns set to 8 columns. E.g: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 (from column 9 onwards, it goes to the 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 next rows' column 1) 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 How do i do that without altering the order of the value of the cell? Let me make sure we understand the question. You have ...

Dynamically determining when a month ends
Hello all, Ok, I have a simple excel spreadsheet, where I keep track of my spending on one tab, my income in another and my summary in a thrid. My problem happens when I try to dynamically calc. avg's for months in the summary page. For instance, if I want to see how much money I spent on average per month, or even per day, I draw from the data entered into the spending page. Now, the spending page is set up with the following columns: Date:: Description:: Amount The problem with this is that I can't predefine a max row # for each month, since I might have 80 entries in spending...

Buttons in Activity Form
Hi there! I have seen several posts here about activities customization. My client wants to add buttons to the activity form and the activity view, in order to mark as complete activities without going through the Actions Menu (in the 1st case) or opening them (in the 2nd case). Are these enhancements possible in some way? Similarly to the above (perhaps more easy) can we place a button "Resolve Case" directly on the Case Form? Thanks for any help, Elena You cannot add buttons to any of the forms directly as this would involve editing the .aspx pages and this is not supported. ...

how to determine the size of the sheet
Hi I had a collegue who told me once a way to dtermine the number of the rows in a sheet of the workbook I am working at. It is known that when you open a new workbook each sheet has maybe 65365 or something like that rows. MY QUESTION IS: HOW TO MAKE THE SHEET 1000 ROWS OR WHATEVER NUMBERS OF ROWS I ONLY NEED? Thanks in Advance, Ahmed Hi Ahmed The number of rows and columns are fixed. Your workaround would be to hide the ones you consider unneeded. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Ahmed SHEBL" <ahmad.shebl@hotmail.com> skrev i melding news:%231uFO3IcHHA.4720@TK2MSFTNGP0...

how to enable Outlook to start in Online mode
Hi, I use MS Outlook 2007 in Cache Server Mode. To troubleshoot some performance problem i was facing I tried switching to 'Work Offline' mode. the problem is, now whenever I launch Outlook it loads in Offline mode. I have tried going online and then exiting outlook to see if subsequently it would load in the last state (Online) it was exited but to no avail. I would really appreciate if someone can guide me how to change the outlook Startup settings. Regards, Nabeel fixed using the following settings Tools -> account Settings -> Edit Microsoft Exchange account -> More se...

How do I determine
I have X number of rows that show employee names and a column (A2) that lists the value of products sold by each employee and I want to pay them a percentage based upon value of sales. For example: If they sell up to =A31,000 worth of products, I will pay them 3% of the value. Between =A31,000 & =A32,000, I will pay them 5% of the value Over =A32,000, I will pay them 10% of the value The amount paid to them in commission will be show in column (A3). Many thanks D.Haste darren.haste@ttt.co.uk "Hastey" <darrenhaste@sky.com> wrote in message news:6a0a4fa9-adcd-484a-80...

Automatic patches on cluster
We've got a 5-node E2k3 SP2 cluster running on Win2k3 SP1. I'm trying to configure automatic updates (staggered install times so that there is always a spare node that is up and available). It's working, but it doesn't appear to be shutting down Exchange properly during the restart - checking the logs I see that it had to go into recovery mode and replay the transaction logs on the node that accepted the failover. Is there something I can configure to make this work properly? Thanks. -GT GT <dss4u@+++nospam+++hotmail.com> wrote: > We've got a 5-node ...

How can I set 'SQL Script Path' thru Dexterity Test Mode.
When I was trying to create 3rd party table, an error message “SQL Script Path has not been set” popped out. How I can set SQL Script Path in Dexterity Test Mode? Many thanks. Have a read of the following FAQ document that I created, it will explain what is needed to work with 3rd party table paths. ------------ Use of Dexterity Pathnames with SQL Systems =========================================== OVERVIEW The physical location for a table in a SQL based system is usually in one of two databases; the system DYNAMICS database or the company database. The actual location of the paths...

How do you determine if you have access to remote files
I'm trying to scan a list of servers for a specific file (say for example \\<servername>\C$\MyApp\Test.ini\which may exist on some servers but not on others. In addition, I may not have have access to all servers that I'm checking. When using any commands in Powershell (1.0) that attempt to get the file (such as Get-Item) PowerShell returns the same "Cannot find path '<filename>' because it does not exist.)" error message in the following two scenarions: 1. I have access to the remote filesystem and the file does not exist (expected beha...

Use Cached Exchange Mode is "greyed out"
When using Outlook 2003 & Windows 2003 Terminal services the option for Use Cached Exchange Mode is "greyed out" even logged in as Administrator. Any Help Thanks Bill I don't believe it works on TS. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups: http://groups.google.com/groups?as_ugroup=microsoft.public.outlook.*&num=30 "RX Bill"...

Determining A Rating
Hello, Suppose I have the following table: A B C 1 3 <3.80 2 3- 3.80 3.99 3 4+ 4.00 4.19 4 4 4.20 4.79 5 4- 4.80 4.99 6 5+ 5.00 5.19 7 5 5.20 5.79 8 5- 5.80 5.99 9 6+ 6.00 6.19 10 6 6.20 6.79 11 6- 6.80 6.99 12 7 7.50 7.99 13 8 8.50 8.99 14 15 4.91 16 4- Where A is a rating/score B is the low value range C is the high value range If I have a value in A15 of 4.91 (which is in the range of 4.80 and 4.99), I would like to return a rating in A16 of 4-. I've tried using a series of IF statements, ...

Outlook 2003 with Exchange 5.5 Cluster
I am running an exchange 5.5 cluster using veritas clustering, while testing MS Outlook 2003 I've noticed that when configuring the exchange connector it now does a reverse lookup on the server name not just looking up the user account. this feature locks on to real name of my server rather than the cluster name so upon failover outlook remains bound to the downed server. does anyone know of a to disable the lookup outlook 2000 worked perfectly with the cluster... sadly 2003 does not Thanks in advance Paul I'm having a similar problem. Not using a cluster though. OL2003 resol...

Activate a moacro subroutine from a userform command button
[Excel 2003] I use macros in a worksheet - for example: Sub DateStamp() Range("b14") = Date & " " & Time 'Date And Time End Sub I access the macro with a command button in the spreadsheet. I would now like to access the same code using a command button on a Userform. I guess I could repeat the same code in the command button on the userform, but I would rather not duplicate the code. Is there a way to do this? Many thanks, Roger Hi, Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Call DateStamp End Sub Mike "Roger on Excel"...

How do I determine the size of an excel worksheet?
How do I determine the size of an individual worksheet in an Office Excel 2003 file? The Properties featue only tells me the size of the whole file. Hi not directly supported by Excel. One workaround: Export this sheet to a separate workbook (with only this sheet) and measure its size -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "rajivsahib" <rajivsahib@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:7031AE58-EB7A-44CD-9AF5-940BD47DAA8B@microsoft.com... > How do I determine the size of an individual worksheet in an Office Excel > 2003 file? The Properties featue o...

Determine if a sheet is protected?
How can I determine if a sheet is protected or not? thank u Try activesheet.protectcontents HTH Bob "Robert Crandal" <nobody@gmail.com> wrote in message news:h865n.9557$Ft3.8620@newsfe04.iad... > How can I determine if a sheet is protected or not? > > thank u > > Sub test() MsgBox ActiveSheet.ProtectionMode 'returns true or false End Sub Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 16:28:18 -0700, "Robert Crandal" <nobody@gmail.com> wrote: >How can I determine if a sheet is protected o...

Determining OS?
Is there a method to determine the operating system (98, XP, ME, etc) that a program is running under? Thanks, -- Knute Johnson email s/nospam/knute/ Molon labe... >Is there a method to determine the operating system (98, XP, ME, etc) >that a program is running under? See the GetVersionEx API. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq David Lowndes wrote: >>Is there a method to determine the operating system (98, XP, ME, etc) >>that a program is running under? > > > See the GetVersionEx API. > > Dave Thanks. -- Knute Johnson email s/n...

Active Directory Connector
Last summer, I upgraded our Exchange 5.5 box and used W2K server instead of NT4 server. This summer, I am going to the PDC's and BDC's to W2K server, but we will remain in mixed mode for a while. I have a test network set up and I have the old Exchange 5.5 server on it. I have already upgraded the PDC to W2K, but will not be able to upgrade the Exchange server. I followed the instructions in MS KB article 301036 about installing the Active Directory Connector for use in managing the Exchange 5.5 server through the Active Directory Users and Computers MMC, however it does not...

CRM3.0 Question on Activity
Hello, I am using CRM3.0. I have the following case. 1. Create Campaign 2. Add contact to campaign list 3. Create Campaign activity - Phone call 4. Distribute activity 5. CRM User will make phone call 6. When contact is interest, CRM user will make a "Free Trail" for contact. I am having troble in step 6. So far as I know, I have two choices for "Free Trail". A) Service Activity If I choose to create a service activity, then I can not link up the service activity with the campaign or phone call. B) Appointment If I choose appointment, I can set "regarding"...

Disabling Cached Mode Through registry
I would like to keep the cache-mode disabled, even if a user enables it. I am thinking about doing it by controlling registry changes. Is anyone familiar with the key/value that controls whether Cached-Mode is used or not? Thanks, Robert Kinnell http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/cachedmoderegkey.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Robert E. Kinnell" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:53f001c49137$25e...

File Share Witness
Please help me understand something - I think I get the concept of using a file share witness in CCR, however, I have read that it is suggested that this server also be a Hub Transport Server. How can this be if a Hub Server is not cluster aware? Isn't the file share witness server configured to be part of the cluster? On Jan 31, 12:25 pm, PM <P...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Please help me understand something - I think I get the concept of using a > file share witness in CCR, however, I have read that it is suggested that > this server also be a Hub Transpor...

Authenticated Users and Active Directory trust relationships?
We are in the process of merging with another organisation and have various distribution lists that they need access to. Currently they are only accessible to 'authenticated users'. We are running Exchange 2003 and they have 2007. What level of a trust relationship do we require between their AD and ours to allow them to use these lists? Any help or pointers to articles on this would be greatly appreciated. TIA. I believe they must use a mailbox on your system. Or you can allow everyone to send to them, not just authenticated users. -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are s...

Mapping Modes
Hi - I'm trying to learn some MFC. At the moment I'm reading abot GDI; specifically mapping modes. Unfortunately the book does a poor job on this subject, leaving me with headaches :) I'm hoping some of you might help me with this. I have, of course, already looked at the MSDN documentation for the function call in question, but I'm still lost (a litte anyway). Here goes: I have the following code: pDC->SetMapMode(MM_ANISOTROPIC); pDC->SetWindowExt(1440, 1440); pDC->SetViewportExt(pDC->GetDeviceCaps(LOGPIXELSX), pDC->GetDeviceCaps(LOGPIXELSY)); ...

Provide a "high/low" chart (stock chart) in horizontal mode
An ability to provide a "high/low" chart similar to a stock chart in a horizontal mode would provide an ability to compare values in a minimum and maximum mode. For example, nonlethal weapons have a minimum safe distance and a maximum effective range. Reaction times have a minimum cognition time and a maximum response time. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link...

Other field Determination
Imagine this situation...there are: Owners (tblOwners) Pets (tblPets, child records of tblOwners) Medicines (tblMeds, child records of tblPets) Owners can have multiple pets. Pets have multiple medicines. Easy so far. Here's the tricky part. The Pets can be of different species (cat, dog, bird, snake, etc). Depending on what the species is, I want to determine the other data that needs to be stored for the pet. So instead of just height, weight, age, as fields in the pet table, I want to see number of whiskers, declawed? if its a cat...wingspan, beaklength, feather color if its a bi...