Detach AD account from Exchange 2003 mail account

Hi

How does one detach a 2003/AD user account from a 2003 exchange mail account
with out deleting either?

Cheers

0
huck (2)

In AD Users and Computers, Right click the account.  Select Exchange Tasks.
In the list of tasks to perform, select "Remove Exchange Attributes".  Then
in Exchange System Manager run the cleanup agent on the mailbox store (right
click Mailboxes under the Mailbox Store).  The mailbox should then show a red
x next to it.  The two are now detached.

(You'll need to create a new user account for the mailbox if you still want
mail to go to it or if you want it to not get deleted based on your mailbox
deletion time.  In ESM right click the mailbox and select Reconnect.  Select
a user to reattach the mailbox to.)

"Huck" wrote:

> Hi
>
> How does one detach a 2003/AD user account from a 2003 exchange mail account
> with out deleting either?
>
> Cheers

0
TnChrstn (10)
2/15/2005 11:51:04 PM
Thanks for the info !!!

Cheers

"TnChrstn" <TnChrstn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In AD Users and Computers, Right click the account.  Select Exchange
Tasks.
> In the list of tasks to perform, select "Remove Exchange Attributes".
Then
> in Exchange System Manager run the cleanup agent on the mailbox store
(right
> click Mailboxes under the Mailbox Store).  The mailbox should then show a
red
> x next to it.  The two are now detached.
>
> (You'll need to create a new user account for the mailbox if you still
want
> mail to go to it or if you want it to not get deleted based on your
mailbox
> deletion time.  In ESM right click the mailbox and select Reconnect.
Select
> a user to reattach the mailbox to.)
>
> "Huck" wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > How does one detach a 2003/AD user account from a 2003 exchange mail
account
> > with out deleting either?
> >
> > Cheers

0
huck (2)

Frontpage 2003 or Publisher 2003 ?
Which one should I use? I am not familiar with Publisher. I am familiar with FrontPage. What kind of support is needed on the server side for a web ? cgi? etc. Any info or a link to some info appreciated. Hi Cracker Jacks (cjacks<nospamz)@verizon.net), in the newsgroups you posted: || Which one should I use? I am not familiar with Publisher. I am || familiar with FrontPage. What kind of support is needed on the || server side for a web ? cgi? etc. Any info or a link to some info || appreciated. I recommend FrontPage 2003. FrontPage 2003 doesn't REQUIRE FrontPage Server extensions,...

Emailing in excel 2003 02-26-10

Analytical Accounting #6
I am trying to find a way to do more detailed reporting from the General Ledger. Your GL is only as strong as the number of segments and the number of ways you can slice and dice the data based on the combination of segments. We have over 40,000 accounts in our GL and that is not enough. I have not read through the PDF on Analytical Accounting yet. Could somebody briefly explain what Analytical Accounting does. Nutshell version: you can create codes (and groupings of codes), and assign them to account numbers. For example, you could have one account that tracks all Grant Money receive...

Excel Crash

Outlook 2003

Adding Comments
I want to have a macro that will add a comment box to all the cells that the interior color index = 6. Anyone have any ideas? TIA, Kim It's pretty straightforward... what should the comment box say? Kim, Her is an example that works on the current selection. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Kim" <Kim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EADBFB17-F6B2-4E6C-89F5-95AE74DC68DA@microsoft.com... > I want to have a macro that will add a comment box to all the cells that the > interior color index = 6. Anyone have...

Exchange 2007 Evaluation version #2

MSN accounts dosen't work in Outlook.

Why do I get four postcards to the same person when I mail merge?
I merged my Excel document with my Publisher document just now and did a print preview, but the 4-up view shows that all 4 are heading to the same person. How do I tell Publisher that each "up" is a different address? If you are using 2003, this is a bug. If you are unsure there is a test print on the print dialogue screen. Use plain paper for the test. If you are using 2007, be certain you select multiple pages per sheet. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Batmantis275" <Batmantis275@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:324C9E10-38C9-4DA0-89C...

Upgrading from Exchange 2000 Standard to Enterprise Cal ? #2
Hello Everyone, I know the upgrade process from exchange 2000 standard to enterprise seems pretty straight forward. However, I have a cal question. Are my standard cals still good with this upgrade. Say I have right now standard 2000 with 30 cals. If I upgrade to Exchange 2000 Enterprise with 25 cals to pass the 16mb limitation. Would I then only have the 25 cals or 55 total cals? Thanks ...

Edit Microsoft Exchange System Object with ADSI
When I applied a new recipient policy to add a 2nd domain name to our users, I applied it to all rather than using a filter to only pick the users in the Users OU. Everything was still fine but we have one conflict. A public folder had the same name as a user and thus had the same email address. We are getting the event:Event ID: 9514 Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeIS Description: Two objects in the Directory have the same proxy - /DC=COM/DC=[DomainName]/CN=[ContainerName1]/CN=[Object1] and /DC=COM/DC=[DomainName]/CN=[ContainerName2]/CN=[Object2] I deleted the public folder b...

Unable to create more Windows NT accounts for Exchange mailboxes
Hi Guys, Currently our Exchange server stopped allowing the creation of more Windows NT Accounts with the following error"Insufficient System Resources exist to complete the requested service".Pls is there a way out of this? We run Exchange 5.5 SP3 on Windows NT Server. -- Buchi ...

How to download into investment account?
Trying to download from the Charles Schwab & Co into my investment account. Just recently converted from Quicken to Money 2004 and then i am having issues with downloading from Charles Schwab. When i download from the FI i get transactions dating back to August which is there in the register already. Now when i make that void i cannot delete this and this is not going from the 'Review transactions' list after i download. Now tried to setup online services with a new file and when downloading have new issuew. The date range is for the past month but the cash account is gr...

Outlook 2003 Contact data

Format for Flashcards for MS Word & PPS 2003
Can anyone help me in sending me a Flashcard template so as to learn Chinese Characters, Pinyin, English. Compatible with MS Word 2003 & Power Point 2003. Any Tips or Ticks or general Knowledge in this area to improve learning through Flash Cards is more than Welcome. ...

Trail Version of Exchange
Hello I have installed and i am test the trail verion of Exchange (180 days) How do i check how many days i have left, as i cannot remember when i installed this Thanks Andy One way to do this would be to fire up ADSIEdit and find out when the Exchange Server object was created in your Exchange Org in the Configuration naming context. Perhaps there are other ways as well, including app. event log... -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Andrew" <not@home.com> ...

Outlook 2003
Just upgraded from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003. Everything seems to be working OK !! BUT ! On the Outlook Today screen no images are shown. If I go into the customise option, there are no images shown for the various styles. Also any changes I make in Outlook today options are not saved.. Any Ideas ??? ...

Investment Account Download
My wife and I both have Retirement Accounts with The Vanguard Group. Whether or not I open her file in Money 2006, when I download HER Statement it automatically goes to MY Account. I've tried everything I know...Downloading with her account open in Money, closed in money, and no matter what I do Money automatically thinks it's my Account. Any help available? Thanks -- Jerry In microsoft.public.money, Jerry <jyeagley3@comcast.net(donotspam)> wrote: >My wife and I both have Retirement Accounts with The Vanguard Group. Whether >or not I open her file in Money 2006, wh...

Windows Live Mail options
Hello. I just installed Windows Live Mail in my Win7 Pro laptop. I couldn't find config options like the options in Windows Mail in Vista or Outlook Express in XP like "Never send read receipt", Signature, etc. Where is it? Thanks in advance. You are not seeing the Menu Bar. If you installed Wave 3, (the current version and not the new beta), the Alt button will temporally enable the Menu Bar, or click on the Menus button to the left of the Help button and enable the Menu Bar. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA ...

Outlook 2007 Missing Mail

Exchange 5.5 <-> Exchange 2000 cannot rebuild ADC
I have two servers, one is Exchange 5.5, one is Exchange 2000. They are normally connected via the ADC. However, occasionally, these servers will lose sync, and the only previous recourse was a reboot, and a rebuilding of the ADC. Required a bit of extra "manpower", but it got the job done. So, we went through and tried it again to fix a problem, and now we cannot get the ADC back up. When I try to set the destination or source for the ADC to place/get information to/from the Exchange 5.5 system, I get the following error: "The Exchange server specified does not meet the...

adding rows to formula reference
I'm using Excel 2002, what I'd like to do is have a formula, say B4 and when I copy down instead of going to B5 I want it to be say B11. So something like B4+7 but not the value of B4 +7. I wasn't sure if this is possible and I can't seem to find a definite answer. -Matt ...