Departed Users Calendar Items

Is there a utility to clean the Calendar items owned by departed users from
Public Calendars? I'm looking to remove every meeting set by say, juser, on
the Business Priorities Calendar. Thanks.

0
zlorca2004 (17)

On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 15:36:34 -0800, "ZLorca" <zlorca2004@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Is there a utility to clean the Calendar items owned by departed users from
>Public Calendars? I'm looking to remove every meeting set by say, juser, on
>the Business Priorities Calendar. Thanks.

Are all those meetings no longer valid?
Otherwise, why not simply change to the view to soomething like Events
or Recurring Appointments and delete at will if you have the required
permissions.

0
adavid (8731)
2/23/2006 1:04:43 AM
>Is there a utility to clean the Calendar items owned by departed users from
>Public Calendars? I'm looking to remove every meeting set by say, juser, on
>the Business Priorities Calendar.

It would seem to me that this could be done easily on the client
(Outlook) side using the appropriate search params.

--Sandy
0
sandy9161 (9)

Linking Mailbox Calendars to Public Folder Calendars
Here is the scenario. We have two calendars setup under Public Folders for users to reserve conference rooms. If a user sends out a meeting request via their email, they have to also go down to the public folder calendar and reserve the room. If a meeting is rescheduled, they have to make sure they update the reservation on the Public Folder calendar. I'd like to combine those steps into one. When a user creates a meeting request is there a way to have that meeting show up under the PF calendar? And if the meeting has to be rescheduled, the public folder calendar would show the chan...

suming totals for each department?
I have created a query with two tables.One table is the invoice table and the other is the a table that contains a field that has total cost. They are related by the order number.Now the first field in the query is DepartmentThe second is the Totals costThe third is the Order dateI have the totals cost groued by the (SUM)If I leave out the oder date and run the query it shows me the totals for all orders for each department. However, here is my problem. I want my users to search between dates so I put in the between comand in the date field. However when the query is ran it lists each indivisu...

Outlook and Web calendar syncing
I don't know if such thing exists. There are some asp or asp.net calendars out there which you can include in your web site. What I want to do is have my Outlook users be able to sync their Outlook calendars with their hosted calendars. So I am assuming they need to have an Outlook add-in which "talks" with the web calendar using http post or a web service. I am a developer and I can program in asp or asp.net but I know very little about Outlook's object model and how to program add-ins. Is there source code or tutorials or samples on how to program Outlook add-ons? Also ...

User Administration
I am new to administering Dynamics GP and I have been asked to provide the last time a specific Dynamics user logged into the Dynamics GP system. Is this stored anywhere? In a report or the database? Tara, check to see if activity tracking is enabled: You can trace user activities by setting it up under the Activity Tracking Setup Window (Setup |System | Activity Tracking) . 1. Choose File Tracking and mark Additions to Master Files to track additions in the Vendor Maintenance Window. 2. Select the user ID of the user whose activities you want to track. When you select a user ID, the ...

How to delete a user?
CRM 1.2 up and running OK. However I made a mistake when setting up a user and wish to delete them but can't for the life of me work out how to do it. - Scoured Google, CRM help etc. all to no avail! Any ideas anyone ? Ta in advance... ...

User Manual for CRM 3.0 or Documentation CD?
Is there any User Manual for CRM 3.0 available online? English and German? Or any plan for future? The books we have already ordered and received. Thanks Max The best user manuals are the Microsoft Official Training Courses. You could on CRM 1.2 purchase these manuals directly without attending the classes. While these were more expensive than a copy of dummies guide to crm etc they were not too expensive. Also for passing the CRM exams they are the best resource. I would contact MBS to discuss options for CRM 3.0 manuals ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP h...

Suggestion: Send message to all logged in users
I would like to see the ability to send a pop up message to all logged in users. This would be helpful when you need users to logout so you can troubleshoot, running a sql script, or whatever other administrative tasks where all users should be out. I don't have the option of implementing Messenger or any other communication tools - I'm the GP admin, not the network admin - and the postings are only relevant to logged in GP users anyway. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this sugg...

merge a Sharepoint calendar with personal calendar
Is there a way to put all the information from a Sharepoint calendar to your personal calendar? I searched in the help in Outlook 2003 for information on it but it only deals with individual meetings which would mean I would have to open each meeting and going to Actions and adding it to my personal calendar. Jackson You can copy all the items from the SharePoint calendar into your default Calendar folder. Start in the By Category view, select all, then Ctrl+drag. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users,...

Admin can view all users' mail through OWA.
Hello All, I installed Exchange 2003 Svr and it works well so far. We are using OWA feature and it is pretty good for someone who travels a lot. The problem is under domain administrator account all users' email can be accessible. Does anyone know how to prevent this thing? ( I don't know whether or not it is set by default in Exchange 2003 server) TIA There's a permission issue there. Check in the private information store, and uncheck Receive as and Send as checkboxes. That may help... Saludos, Pablo Vernocchi vernocchi@nospam.redusers.com Buenos Aires, Argentina On ...

Free/Busy Unavailable to some clients after user mailbox was reloc
I Recently moved my group's mailboxes from one Exchagne 2000 server to another. I then replicated and removed this server via Uninstall. Now, 7 out of 10 client's free/busy information is unavailable. My mailbox was one of them and what I did was I exported my email to a PST and then delted my mailbox and turned around and created a new one and imported my pst in. THat worked out fine. But, I don't think that is the fix for this. There is a Microsoft article that sounds like will fix it. Question is. what are the repercussions in resetting the system folder? Will dat...

user files
How do I prevent users from deleting their "send" and "deleted" files? I want exchange to do this after a backup. thanks, Raul Rego rrego@njpies.org ...

discontinued items & substitute items
Hello. I was under the impression that if we discontinue an item and include substitute item(s) on the item card (under options), these substitutes would be suggested during sales trx entry, but this does not seem to be happening when I test. Would anyone know if this is wishful thinking on my part, or is there perhaps a setup option I am not aware of (fingers crossed). The help reads: Substitute Item 1 Enter a substitute item number that will be suggested if the selected item number is out of stock at the time of sale. This substitute item can be used in the Microsoft Dynamics GP In...

unallocated departments
We have recently installed RMS and have found that some items have been entered into the inventory without being allocated departments. This causes us all sorts of problems and I was wondering if there was a way to disallow entries without departments. Any help or advice will be much appreciated. Rich Rich, RMS does not have a built in feature to force a user to select a dept before saving the new item they've just created. There are some add-ons available that provide feature plus other great functionality making it easier to create and manage items. If you are interested ca...

Retaining user-defined chart settings when emailing document
I created several user-defined chart settings in an Excel spreadsheet. However, when I emailed this file to my coworkers, these settings were not attached when my coworkers opened the file on their respective computers. It appears that user defined settings are only available on the computer on which they were created. Is this true? Hogon - Do you mean user-defined chart types? They reside, as you surmise, on the computer where they were created. Last year I posted a technique to distribute user defined charts: http://www.google.co.uk/groups?selm=upsFhQ%23LEHA.1156%40TK2MSFTNGP09.p...

2 user on xp home
I have XP Home and just installed OutLook 2003. I have 4 user accounts on XP and I want to have OutLook used on each account. When I set up OutLook on the second (nonadmin) account I had to change account type to computer admistrator then when I changed it back to limited and try to start Outlook on the now limited account Outlook can't access the .pst file. How do I setup outlook for 2 seperate user accounts? ...

Setting Item Tax and barcode type on items
I imported inventory from another POS, but I need to set the barcode type and item taxes after already importing? Reimporting is not an option. Thanks in advance. Phil If you can find out the values for the ItemTax ID and the barcode type you want to use, you could use the following SQL script substituting the values in the declared variables. DECLARE @BarcodeType int DECLARE @ItemTaxID int /*Change the variables below*/ SET @BarcodeType = 0 --The type of the barcode SET @ItemTaxID = 0 --The ID of the ItemTax /*Leave code below this line alone*/ UPDATE ITEM SET BarcodeFormat = @B...

user not on Active Directory
I am looking for a solution to have an exchange server capabilities. So here is the quick question: Will my users be able to sync their emails through their laptops with the exchange server without them logging into the Domain? Or will the users will need to login to the exchange server's domain before they can use the full capabilities of exchange server? Thanks in advance! There has to be some sort of authentication. If the computer isn't part of the domain, but can still contact the Exchange server, when they open Outlook, they should be prompted for their credentials. Yo...

Used Users' Poem ,
Used Users' Poem (inspired by true experiences with Microsoft products) ------------------------------------------------------------------------- While rushing to client, no moment to spare I hurried to finish a job in despair. Trying to upload some files to my site... Nothing was happening, try as I might! I pounded and shouted and yelled at the screen, But this did not work it to well it would seem. So I thought a download would fix me up quick, But I should have beaten myself with a stick. The ftp download wiped out my accounts, It clobbered my passwords and ate all my fonts. So I ...

Inviting other users to an appointment
When we create a new appointment in CRM, and invite other users also in crm, they don't get meeting invitiations. If we open the appointment in Outlook, we see the organizers name "First Last" and then the other users in the form "domainname\user1", and no free busy information is available. Their "Domain Logon Name", is set to "domainname\username", should it have been just "username"? Thanks, Len Ott ...

Exchange 2003: One user getting "No transport provider was available for delivery to this" several times a day
We run Exchange 2003 in a WIndows 2000 domain. Most of our clients (including the problem user) use citrix, so the setup for individuals has little variation on basics such as Outlook 2003. One user continually has problems sending out and several times a day (sometimes much more), she is prevented from sending emails with the error: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: John Doe on 20/09/2007 10:01 No transport provider was available for delivery to this recipient. I looked up the 'no transport' issue on Microsoft KB, and nothing was really applica...

Adding the "QUARTER" option to your calendar
I have Microsoft Office Professioanl 2003 and it had the quarterly option in my calendar along with daily, weekly, monthly & yearly. As I was veiwing 2007 for Small Business calendar, the "quarterly" option is not available. How do I turn on the quarterly option fro 2007? "Recurrence" "every 3 months" -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, linkswords asked: ...

03 -> 07 migration EAP unwanted results: unwanted email address for all users
I am near completion of an 03 -> 07 migration I have just upgraded the Email Address Policies to 2007, the non-defualt policies are defined by dept One of the policies appears to have added an unwabted address to default users, this dispite checking (previewing) the filter befire applying How can I remove the unwanted address from the group of users who should only be getting the default polcy? F Hello Frank, > I am near completion of an 03 -> 07 migration > > I have just upgraded the Email Address Policies to 2007, the > non-defualt policies a...

Location of Users' settings
We are running Office 2000 and are shortly to migrate to 2007. All clients run Outlook on Windows XP SP2. The mail server is outsourced (not Exchange). I want to automate the task of setting up Outlook for users. Items such as User's name, "POP Server", "SMTP Server", User ID and other settings that are identified in tools-accounts. Using a machine set up with Outlook, I've looked through the registry but have drawn a blank. Either this data is not stored in text in the Registry or there's some other control file. Presumably it's not in the PST We can use...

Users guide
Is there a "Users Guide" for version 3.0? I found one for ver 1.2 but not 3.0. Gary Not available, but here is some links to the whats new in v3.0 training guide download that is very helpful: http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/crm/using/whatsnewapptraining.mspx Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm "Gary Shell" wrote: > Is there a "Users Guide" for version 3.0? I found one for ver 1.2 but not > 3.0. > > Gary > > > Just downloaded this a minute ago: Using Microsoft CRM 3.0 Small Business Edition...

Share theme with other users
Hello - I'm hoping someone can help me figure out how to share a custom theme with other users? I've created a custom theme in Word 2007 which will be used to format chapters in a 200 page document. Each chapter is being created as a separate document. The problem is, now that we're halfway through the drafting process, the powers that be decided that we need to use a different custom theme, so I need to figure out how to apply this updated theme to each chapter document. Is there an easy way to do this? I could update each one myself, but then will the custom th...