Deny Connections to Exchange Mailbox Store.

Hi,

- Windows 2003 SP1 + Exchange 2003 SP1

- Situation, in example:
    - have one exchange server
    - two Storage Groups
    - each SG (Storage groups) (SG1 and SG2) have two (2) Mailbox stores
        - SG1 - MS1/MS2
        - SG2 - MS3/MS4

    - I have computers (standard domain workstations) listed in several AD
security groups (lets say per IP range)
    - I want to Restrict access to specified Mailbox Stores for some
computer IP ranges, thus not effecting users connecting to other mailbox
stores from computers which reside in some other IP ranges (OU_s).

    - I want computer from some IP range Denied access to SG1 - MS2, but I
want it have an option to connect to SG1 - MS1 and SG2 - MS3/MS4.

How to perform this kind of configuration ?

Thank You,

---
M.

I don't know of any way to limit connections to storage groups by IP.

Move SG1/MS2 to a different Exchange server.

"Hrvoje Mesing" <Hrvoje.Mesing@SpamMeNot.zg.htnet.hr> wrote in message

> Hi,
>
> - Windows 2003 SP1 + Exchange 2003 SP1
>
> - Situation, in example:
>    - have one exchange server
>    - two Storage Groups
>    - each SG (Storage groups) (SG1 and SG2) have two (2) Mailbox stores
>        - SG1 - MS1/MS2
>        - SG2 - MS3/MS4
>
>    - I have computers (standard domain workstations) listed in several AD
> security groups (lets say per IP range)
>    - I want to Restrict access to specified Mailbox Stores for some
> computer IP ranges, thus not effecting users connecting to other mailbox
> stores from computers which reside in some other IP ranges (OU_s).
>
>    - I want computer from some IP range Denied access to SG1 - MS2, but I
> want it have an option to connect to SG1 - MS1 and SG2 - MS3/MS4.
>
> How to perform this kind of configuration ?
>
> Thank You,
>

> ---
> M.

0
awebb7472 (650)

administer Exchange from another domain
I tried to administer an Exchange 2003 Server from another domain in the forest. I installed Exchange Management Tools , I delegated the role Full Administrator for that account, but I didn't work. I mention the computer is a Windows 2003 Server, in fact is the domain controller for that domain. What can I do? Adrian ...

Exchange Backup via BackupExec Problem after MS06-019 Patch
Hi, sorry for this long message, but hope someone can help me solve the problem, thanks. We have one Exchange 2003 SP2 server on Windows Server 2003 R2 Std (all latest patch installed), and backup via BackupExec 10d (10.1) (Use Backup-to-Disk option with Exchange agent installed), after install the MS06-019 Patch, its started have many problems. 1. DhcpServer generate error event 1001 with description as follow but then it working fine "The DHCP service failed to register with Service Controller. The following error occurred: The operation completed successfully. ." 2. Service Co...

relay denied
i am continuing to get delivery failure notices that state "Relaying denied. IP name lookup failed" i can't send emails to anyone. is there a quick fix to this? Where ever you're sending mail from does not allow relaying. Are you at work or some other location trying to use your personal email account maybe? CT >-----Original Message----- >i am continuing to get delivery failure notices that >state "Relaying denied. IP name lookup failed" > >i can't send emails to anyone. is there a quick fix to >this? >. > The IP Lookup...

Can I deny SMTP to a group or user?
Hi, I need to know if there is a way to deny SMTP sending of email to group or individual user, while still allowing them to receive external email and internal email. My client only wants to stop them sending external mail for security reasons. I have thought about a POP3 solution, but if I can keep all in Exchange it would be better. Hope you can help, Terry - Bucket On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 10:59:05 -0700, Bucket <Bucket@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, I need to know if there is a way to deny SMTP sending of email to group >or individual user, while still allowing th...

Data Connection Wizard
Need some help with the Data Connection Wizard. We have a database which is on one of our internal servers and it is accessed by a url. Can I, or how do I call that url, enter its appropriate user name and password and have it open to search for course data? ...

Remote Desktop Connection
Hi! I just migrated my E2K to E2k3 with SP1. That went well. My question is, on the E2k3, I can only have one Remote Desktop Connection to it. I think the default is 2. How can i set it to 2 concurrent connections? Thank you. -- JoeCL LACO-CAO What version of Windows? Windows 2000 can have 2 simultaneous connections, but requires Terminal Services to be installed. Windows 2003 allows 3 simultaneous sessions (one can connect to the actual console) and only requires that the "Allow remote users to connect to this desktop" be checked on the System Properties, Remote tab. --...

access to disabled user mailbox
we have a disabled user.Our new manager want to access this disbled user's mailbox. I tried different way to access his mailbox but no lucky. Could anybody help me. 1. enabled user acount, use exmerge to extract mail from his mailbox. failed. 2 .try to open his mailbox in outlook, failed. error is : the information store can not be opened. 3. reset his password, try to OWA to his mailbox, failed, no error, server doesn't accept that user name and password. Thanks a lot. once you re-enable the account, that can take some time to take effect... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "st...

Connecting Access to SQL
Hi everyone, I have a question about connecting access front end to SQL back end. Has anyone done that? Is it efficent? If it is efficent and does it help me with access issue with WAN (wide area network)? Thank you very much. Igor It is very common. It can be made efficient. It does not work very well over a WAN. Get Mary Chipman's book. -- Joe Fallon Access MVP "Igor" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11d8201c3f62e$01b8c280$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi everyone, > I have a question about connecting access front end to SQL > back en...

internal users not recognized in Exchange
We have an intermittant problem with some users. Another user will try to forward mail or reply to a meeting request and the mail will get bounced back as unser unknown in our system. This seems to be happening to certain users, but not all the time. It is generally consistant between the same sender and receiver. The sender can send the mail if s/he manually types in the address rather than using the default from the global address book. Any ideas? ...

Connect to PDA
I tried using Outlook as my email client on my desktop and also connecting that email address on my Palm windows phone. The problem was that it downloaded the messages to my phone, then deleted them from Outlook. Is there a way to configure Outlook to keep a copy of the email as well as send it to the phone? See the answer you got in outlook.general. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ...

Message Tracking in Exchange Server 5.5
Hi, I need to track incoming messages to my Exhange Server (its exchange server 5.5). Can anybody suggest that how to enable it. Thanks, Ruchir. On 12 Dec 2005 21:26:09 -0800, "Ruchir" <ruchirdhar@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi, >I need to track incoming messages to my Exhange Server (its exchange >server 5.5). >Can anybody suggest that how to enable it. > >Thanks, >Ruchir. In 5.5, I believe the checkbox to enable is on the properties of the server object in the admin gui. ...

Exchange 2003 NDR when trying to 'Send as' to users on same server
A client has one Exchange 2003 server SP2 on a windows 2003 SP1 server. This server currently hosts three e-mail domains, two of which are actively in use without problems. Some of the client's employee's have need to send e-mail from both domains. I have created a seperate account for these employees in each domain, both work fine. I've set forwarding for e-mail to their primary domain, and given 'send as' permissions to their alt-account in the other e-mail domain. They can send fine if the address(es) they are sending to are not on the same server, but they fa...

access to http://servername/help/default.aspx is denied: HTTP Error 401.2
On the productive CRM installation the help button on top right of each form, does not show the requested help, but an error message, that access is denied. http://servername/help/default.aspx HTTP Error 401.2 - Unauthorized: Access is denied CRM Server is installed on 64-bit Windows server 2008 R2. For the rest there are no access denied errors on the crm itself. On our development installation on a 32-bit windows server 2003 there is no such problem. Who can give me a hint? Patrik Vogel Is the "Help" Virtual Directory under the CRM website using CRMAppPool? how about...

LAN/RAS connection problem
Hello, I have a POP3 server installed on my PC. I have configured Outlook 2003 with "127.0.0.1" for the POP3 server and "smtp.free.fr" for the SMTP server. The connection is configured : LAN connection otherwise RAS connection if Outlook is offline. When I press the "test" button it works well (if no mail to send, no RAS connection. No error message) and outlook receive the incoming mails from the local POP server. BUT when I try in the normal way (with 1 mail in the outbox) , Outlook say that he can't see the SMTP server (and of course he doesn't connec...

Exchange 2003 Mailbox Store Properties
I have an Exchange site with 2 Exchange 2003 servers. It was formerly Exchange 5.5 and 2000. I receive error messages about the Exchange offline address book when syncronizing with outlook. I noticed that one of the servers has an Offline address list specified on the General Tab of the Mailbox Store Properties page. Users on that server do not have the sync problem. The second server does not have anything specified in the Offline address list field. Unfortunately when I open the Mailbox Store Properties box for that Mailbox store all the fields are disabled and can not be changed. ...

Hosting CRM on one server provider and having an hosted Exchange o
Hi, We have an Exchange / BES managed hosting provider we don't want to switch from. And, we want to have a managed host server for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 from a different host provider. Will it be possible to have full integration of Exchange and CRM even though they are on different provider/hosts? Please, any help would be appreciated. Yes, you can accomplish using a VPN or HTTPS over RPC "vmail8" wrote: > Hi, > > We have an Exchange / BES managed hosting provider we don't want to switch > from. And, we want to have a managed host server for M...

Outlook 2003 Exchange over Internet.
I'm having trouble setting up Outlook 2003 to connect to Exchange Server over the internet. After adding a new e- mail account (Microsoft Exchange Server) and typing in server address and username and clicking more settings... I click on the connection tab and should see the checkbox to setup Outlook 2003 over the internet but that feature is hidden or semething. I have no idea on how to make it appear and haven't found any help files that even acknowlege that that part might by hidden/missing. Any suggestions? Is it safe for the group to assume that you are running Windows...

Connecting My Access Database to Excel
I simply want to connect my Access database to Excel and run a query in Excel. What would the connection string for this be if I am using Access and Excel 2002? I have the basic skeleton for the connection string: With ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add(Connection:= _ "ODBC;DRIVER=(What would the driver be); , Destination:=Range("A1")) What other parameters do I need???? THANK YOU! Start here http://www.rondebruin.nl/accessexcel.htm Or record a macro when you do it manual -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Tangier" <niti...

Why limit people's mailbox size?
is there a reason to limit mailbox sizes other than space? I realize it takes time to back up and restore, but I heard it can also make mailboxes unstable at a certain point. Is this true? Space is definitely the issue. I have clients with 2, 3, even 5GB mailboxes. (How many jokes do these people need to save? <g>). The instability is more in line with storage in a PST which has a 2GB limit. Users can experience corruption issues after even 1GB. -- Nick Cavalancia MCSE/MCT/MCNE/MCNI nickc@remove-comsphere.com Comsphere - "Where Knowledge Transfer is Key" Web: http://www....

Help upgrading Exchange 2000 on box "A" to Exchange 2003 on box "B"
Situation: We have an Exchange 2000 Standard server running on Windows 2000. For background, we are running in Win2000/2003 mixed mode, with two AD controllers upgraded to Windows 2003, every other server on the network running Windows 2000. If it matters, the FSMO roles are on the 2 2003 boxes. The Exchange software and box are too small and need upgrading. We keep bumping against the 16 gig database limit of Exchange, and the box is somewhat anemic to be running Exchange anyway. We have purchased Exchange Enterprise 2003 and a new Dell server running 2003 (but not a DC) to replace the old ...

O2k3 Connection Status not showing HTTPS
Hello All, I'm trying to configure Outlook 2003 to use RPC over HTTP. I've configured the server and client as per the documentation, but I can't connect. One thing that I notice is that in the Connection Status (by CTRL-right clicking the Outlook icon in the system tray), it always shows TCP/IP. I would think that this should indicate either HTTP or HTTPS. I have both the "fast" and "slow" options checked for the "connect first using HTTP, then connect using TCP/IP. Is is possible for me to force O2k3 to user HTTP only, and to completely remove any cha...

Connection Filtering #5
Hi, I have a question regarding Exchange 2003 Server Connection Filtering configuration. I have added an IP address to allow exchange 2003 server to accept email; but then I started to get spams coming from the IP address. My question is how can I only set up a particular email address from that IP address so that exchange server will allow through but not allow other emails from other addresses from this IP to come in? Please provide me a step by step on the configuration. I am fairly new and not an expert. Many Thanks ...

Footers in exchange 2003
How do you configure exchange 2003 , so all messages that circulate internally, and all messages that go outbound, have an attached footer. Ie: a company disclaimer, etc. "DefenderD90" <DefenderD90@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CA86F6DA-38E1-4EBA-A318-49E75F51A74B@microsoft.com... > How do you configure exchange 2003 , so all messages that circulate > internally, and all messages that go outbound, have an attached footer. Ie: > a company disclaimer, etc. You need a third-party addon, like Exclaimer www.exclaimer.com or Mailessentials www.gf...

2 virtual machines connecting on Host
Hey, For my evening school we need to setup a lab. Lab: 1 hostmachine, 2 Virtual Machines, VM1: Server 2008 , VM2: Windows 7 Pro VM1: Has 2 nic's. the Wlan connects to the internet , the rj45 connection connects the lan. VM2: 1 nic for lan connection (RJ45) The server is configuared as Domain Controller. with Dns and Dhcp for the clients. it's not possible to join my client win 7 to add to the domain. my server has an IP 192.168.20.1 DHCP is authorize in AD. I've put the client manual in AD. When i now join the client to the domain i'll get a...

Access denied
I am constantly getting the 'access denied' message when trying to access a folder. I have tried to add to the 'send to' folder but it will not let me in! Is there any way of turning off ALL such restrictions - I am the only user of the computer - I do not need all this so-called protection! Many thanks -- D Smith On 7/8/2010 4:17 AM, D wrote: > I am constantly getting the 'access denied' message when trying to access a > folder. > I have tried to add to the 'send to' folder but it will not let me in! > Is there any way of turning o...