Deletion of a users email

Hi,

I just stupidly sent a mail to my boss, instead of my collegue, detailing
how I was looking for work elsewhere. I have system admin access but cannot
get into my boss' email to delete this message.

help anyone?

0
insert (1)

This might help:

Mark Fugatt
Exchange MVP
http://www.exchangetrainer.com
http://www.msexchange.org
"Anne Nonnymouse" <insert@email.here> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I just stupidly sent a mail to my boss, instead of my collegue, detailing
> how I was looking for work elsewhere. I have system admin access but
cannot
> get into my boss' email to delete this message.
>
> help anyone?

0
Mark
2/18/2004 4:22:12 PM
Whilst Exmerge is a good tool, if you are needing something a bit quicker
just to open a users folder, file/open in Outlook. You might be better
following the link here (for Exchange 2000)
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;262054 if the
security tab is not visible in your Exchange Admin then follow the 2003
link.

For 2003 you can follow the link ->
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821897&Product=exch2003

Usual disclaimers, be f^^king careful!

Actually the 2003 link is basically the same. You may find you need to wait
about 15 minutes for the cached credentials to overwrite with the new
permissions or alternatively you can restart the exchange services

"Mark Fugatt [MVP]" <news@4mcts.com> wrote in message
> This might help:
> http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF013.html
>
> --
> Mark Fugatt
> Exchange MVP
> http://www.exchangetrainer.com
> http://www.msexchange.org
> "Anne Nonnymouse" <insert@email.here> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just stupidly sent a mail to my boss, instead of my collegue,
detailing
> > how I was looking for work elsewhere. I have system admin access but
> cannot
> > get into my boss' email to delete this message.
> >
> > help anyone?

0
no323 (6)
2/18/2004 5:59:43 PM
I agree Mike, the only issue is that Anne sent the message to her "manager"
by mistake and could be in a position of having to find a new job if the
manager found out that Anne had looked inside the mailbox :-)

--
"Mike" <no@spam.egg.and.chips> wrote in message
> Whilst Exmerge is a good tool, if you are needing something a bit quicker
> just to open a users folder, file/open in Outlook. You might be better
> following the link here (for Exchange 2000)
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;262054 if the
> security tab is not visible in your Exchange Admin then follow the 2003
> link.
>
> For 2003 you can follow the link ->

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821897&Product=exch2003

> Usual disclaimers, be f^^king careful!
>
> Actually the 2003 link is basically the same. You may find you need to
wait
> about 15 minutes for the cached credentials to overwrite with the new
> permissions or alternatively you can restart the exchange services
>

> "Mark Fugatt [MVP]" <news@4mcts.com> wrote in message
> > This might help:
> > http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF013.html
> >
> > --
> > Mark Fugatt
> > Exchange MVP
> > http://www.exchangetrainer.com
> > http://www.msexchange.org
> > "Anne Nonnymouse" <insert@email.here> wrote in message
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I just stupidly sent a mail to my boss, instead of my collegue,
> detailing
> > > how I was looking for work elsewhere. I have system admin access but
> > cannot
> > > get into my boss' email to delete this message.
> > >
> > > help anyone?

0
Mark
2/18/2004 7:25:04 PM
Either way it sounds like she's fubar'd anyway. She has sys admin access by
all accounts, record settings, save audit logs, change the settings, enter
inbox, delete mail, reset settings, copy back the audit logs - job done.

How do I know this? Guess who did this last week ;)

mwuhahahahaa - sorry
> I agree Mike, the only issue is that Anne sent the message to her
"manager"
> by mistake and could be in a position of having to find a new job if the
> manager found out that Anne had looked inside the mailbox :-)
>
> --
> Mark Fugatt
> Exchange MVP
> http://www.exchangetrainer.com
> http://www.msexchange.org
> "Mike" <no@spam.egg.and.chips> wrote in message
> > Whilst Exmerge is a good tool, if you are needing something a bit
quicker
> > just to open a users folder, file/open in Outlook. You might be better
> > following the link here (for Exchange 2000)
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;262054 if the
> > security tab is not visible in your Exchange Admin then follow the 2003
> > link.
> >
> > For 2003 you can follow the link ->

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821897&Product=exch2003

> > Usual disclaimers, be f^^king careful!
> >
> > Actually the 2003 link is basically the same. You may find you need to
> wait
> > about 15 minutes for the cached credentials to overwrite with the new
> > permissions or alternatively you can restart the exchange services
> >

> > "Mark Fugatt [MVP]" <news@4mcts.com> wrote in message
> > > This might help:
> > > http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF013.html
> > >
> > > --
> > > Mark Fugatt
> > > Exchange MVP
> > > http://www.exchangetrainer.com
> > > http://www.msexchange.org
> > > "Anne Nonnymouse" <insert@email.here> wrote in message

> > detailing
> > > cannot

0
no323 (6)

Restore emails lost in virus attack
Virus caused loss of some data-- 8 days of emails stored in Outlook. Virus gone. I have a backup drive image (Norton Ghost 9.0 with backup image browser). Which file(s) do I need to restore from the backup drive image in order to regain the lost emails? What surprises should I beware of? ALWAYS HAVE A BACKUP PLAN LOL Thank you in advance. The files you need are the pst files. Since you did not post your version of Outlook I am presuming based on OL 2003\07 the *.pst file -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email ca...

How to Recover Deleted Sent Mail?

Cannot delete subreport

Exchange 2003 External email question
Hi Company has one email address, which is a POP3 email account. Receiving email is ok via the POP3 connector. Sending email from ONE account is ok via the SMTP connector. But I would like to be able to give 5 people the ability to send using the same email address. I thought I would just be able to type the same email address in on the Email Address tab of the user's properties in AD, but I get a message saying the email address is already in use. The company needs to use Exchange because it wants to share diaries. I hope this makes sense - basically what I want to do is give 5...

Rule for Deleted Items

Outlook won't check 2nd email address #2
I have two email accounts set up in Outlook '02 SP3 (10.2627.6626). When sending/receiving only the default account is being checked. Send/Receive group is configured as follows. Beneath "Group Name" it says "All Accounts. Beneath "Send/Receive when" it says "Online and Offline." "Include this group in send/receive" is checked. I guess this is default as I have never configured this manually. I have tried deleteing the account and re-entering it. After re-entering, Outlook will "Test Account Settings" okay. A message is sent t...

Why is the content of all my emails going out underlined?
Can you help? All of my emails are going out underlined which looks so rude. They are HTML format and look fine when I send them but if I receive one back from my original it is underlined. I have been advised by mail recepients that my email content is underlined. Does anyone know how I can stop this? "Sally W" <Sally W@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DC904DA-536E-45FD-9F5D-19056A2A5EEA@microsoft.com... > All of my emails are going out underlined which looks so rude. They are > HTML format and look fine when I send them but if I r...

Automatically send email message when folder contents have changed.
Hoping someone can help. We have a UNIX server on our network and an Exchange 2003 server. Ideally we would like to have the Exchange server send an email to a group of users when a new file gets added to a shared folder on the UNIX box. The UNIX box is running VisionFS and we can see the shared folder in our Windows environment. Ideally I would like to have the Exchange server send a message without having to dedicate a PC running Outlook and a plug-in to the task but will do so if necessary. Any thoughts would be appreciated... Script it, schedule it to run on any member server (good i...

Delete macros

Email to Queue for Internal Emails
Hi, Anyone figure out a way to be able to route internally (i.e., same domain name) created e-mails to a queue? Looking to use the Queue function of CRM as part of an internal help desk. However, told by MBS that since the queue function uses the Exchange Connector and that the Exchange Connector ignores all internally sent e-mails then this won't work. Thoughts? Alan I've heard of folks using a hotmail account in order to send emails outside the domain and then re-direct them back in. I can't use due to security concerns but thought I'd pass along. Good luck! >...

forcing user input into cells
howdy all... i'm new to doing stuff with excel have a bit of a background in javascript programming what i'm trying to do is force a user to enter something, anything int a specific cell if the user tries to tab past the cell and leave it blank, i want a error to come up, telling them that they have to enter something befor they can continue on with entry into other cells any help would be much appreciated -Thank -- georgi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- georgio's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=164...

How do I send email from an identity that is not my main one?
I have three different email boxes I have to send and received messages from - personal, business and church. I have Outlook receiving mail from all three, but unless I reply to a message sent to one of the identities, all original emails get sent with my personal address as the sender. How can I change this each time I have to address business or church emails? I apologize if this is an obvious question, but I just can't find this info anywhere. what version of outlook? newer versions have an Accounts button you use to select the account it is to be sent on. -- Diane Poremsky ...

OK to delete Deleted Items folder?

How to delete chart

Delete blank Last page

OWA not allowing child users
I have a child domain and the users in the child domain can open their emails that reside on the root normaly, but when trying to use OutlookWebAccess internaly or externaly they are not allowed. I tryed giving full access to exchage folder for those users, I also change the settings of Default web site to \. I also gave users the right to logon locally to the exchange server. Any ideas please help ...

saving users exchange profile
I have a couple of user accounts that are for employees no longer with the company. I would like to delete these accounts, but make a backup of the information in their exchange profile in case that information is needed in the future. Is there any way to achieve this? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_007D_01CB0981.39DE4410 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Open Outlook as them and export mailbox to a .pst and save it somewhere --=20 Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP] (since 1997) Co-C...

When I search this group w/my user name nothing from 2010 comes up
Why aren't 2010 questions coming up in search? Try clicking on your own name, this opens your profile pop-up. In the pop-up, click on "Recent posts by this user". I just tried it and it displayed a couple of your 2010 posts somewhere further down in the listing. -- Max Singapore --- "Meenie" wrote: > Why aren't 2010 questions coming up in search? The web interface for this newsgroup doesn't work so well. You could access the newsgroup directly using a newsreader instead at this address news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.excel.mi...

email templates 01-09-05
Two questions. 1. Can you format a Date field. Example: Insert the contacts birthday field in a template. It shows the datetime in datetime format. Useless 2. When users use the template that was created. It seems the Subject is not inserted in Subject line of the email. Thanks, Jaime Hi Jaime, I have the same problem with the title that doesn't appear when using a email template. Please publish the answer if you found something. Christophe "Jaime" wrote: > Two questions. > > 1. Can you format a Date field. Example: Insert the contacts birthday ...

Deleting an email