Deleting Users Email

Before I start off, I just want to let you know that I have the blessing of
the COO of our bank to do this.  In fact, it's an order.

He wants me to go into Users email and move any attachments to their home
network folder.  He wants me to do this without having to interrupt their
work.

In my previous job I was able to go to File-->Open-->Other Users Folder and
make those changes.  It won't allow me to do that here.  Is there a way to
move the files directly in Exchange?

 I need to do this ASAP, as we need to free up some space in the database.
We're approaching the 16GB limit, and plan on running the ESEUTILITY tomorrow
morning.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jake
0
Jake1977 (23)

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 07:27:08 -0700, Jake 1977
<Jake1977@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Before I start off, I just want to let you know that I have the blessing of
>the COO of our bank to do this.  In fact, it's an order.

Be sure to mention that during the trial.

>He wants me to go into Users email and move any attachments to their home
>network folder.  He wants me to do this without having to interrupt their
>work.

They cant do it themselves?

>In my previous job I was able to go to File-->Open-->Other Users Folder and
>make those changes.  It won't allow me to do that here.  Is there a way to
>move the files directly in Exchange?

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821897
"How to assign service account access to all mailboxes in Exchange
Server 2003"

> I need to do this ASAP, as we need to free up some space in the database.
>We're approaching the 16GB limit, and plan on running the ESEUTILITY tomorrow
>morning.

Exchange 2003 Sp2 allows you to grow to 75 GB is that is what you are
running.

www.monster.com

>Thanks,
>Jake
0
adavid (8731)
10/21/2005 2:45:37 PM
You need permissions on the users' mailboxes to open them.
Can't move attachments from user's mailboxes or the Store to a folder on the
filesystem from Exchange console - that feature doesn't exist.

How about upgrading to Exchange Server 2003 to bypass the 16 Gig limit? And
set mailbox quotas so users are notified when their mailboxes exceed limits,
and then stop send and stop receive. That always prompts users to clean up
their mailboxes - more so if you have senior mgmt support for such action.

Else, 3rd party solutions for such functionality (on server side) is
expensive.
On the client side, check out Outlook utilities like these:
http://www.yousoftware.com/save/
--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

"Jake 1977" <Jake1977@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Before I start off, I just want to let you know that I have the blessing
> of
> the COO of our bank to do this.  In fact, it's an order.
>
> He wants me to go into Users email and move any attachments to their home
> network folder.  He wants me to do this without having to interrupt their
> work.
>
> In my previous job I was able to go to File-->Open-->Other Users Folder
> and
> make those changes.  It won't allow me to do that here.  Is there a way to
> move the files directly in Exchange?
>
> I need to do this ASAP, as we need to free up some space in the database.
> We're approaching the 16GB limit, and plan on running the ESEUTILITY
> tomorrow
> morning.
>
> Any help will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Jake

0
bharat3597 (1006)
10/21/2005 2:50:13 PM
Yes, they will do it themselves next week.

But I need to delete some right now to free up some space.

Can it be done through the Exchange Manager, or will I have to log into each
individual user's computer?

WHen I use my Outlook to access other users' folders, it only lets me into
the Inbox.  It won't let me go into the Deleted Items or the Sent Folder.

I hope someone can help me with this.
"Andy David - MVP" wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 07:27:08 -0700, Jake 1977
> <Jake1977@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>

> >Before I start off, I just want to let you know that I have the blessing of
> >the COO of our bank to do this.  In fact, it's an order.
>
> Be sure to mention that during the trial.
>
> >He wants me to go into Users email and move any attachments to their home
> >network folder.  He wants me to do this without having to interrupt their
> >work.
>
> They cant do it themselves?
>

> >In my previous job I was able to go to File-->Open-->Other Users Folder and
> >make those changes.  It won't allow me to do that here.  Is there a way to
> >move the files directly in Exchange?
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821897
> "How to assign service account access to all mailboxes in Exchange
> Server 2003"
> >
> > I need to do this ASAP, as we need to free up some space in the database.
> >We're approaching the 16GB limit, and plan on running the ESEUTILITY tomorrow
> >morning.
>
> Exchange 2003 Sp2 allows you to grow to 75 GB is that is what you are
> running.
>

> >Any help will be greatly appreciated.
>
> www.monster.com
>

> >Thanks,
> >Jake

0
Jake1977 (23)
10/21/2005 5:21:02 PM
On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 10:21:02 -0700, Jake 1977
<Jake1977@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Yes, they will do it themselves next week.
>
>But I need to delete some right now to free up some space.

Exmerge might be an option here and move messages to a pst.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=429163EC-DCDF-47DC-96DA-1C12D67327D5&displaylang=en

>Can it be done through the Exchange Manager, or will I have to log into each
>individual user's computer?

That sort of access can not be done in the ESM.

>WHen I use my Outlook to access other users' folders, it only lets me into
>the Inbox.  It won't let me go into the Deleted Items or the Sent Folder.

You can add their entire mailbox to your outlook profile. Did under
the Email Accounts properties for the advanced tab and add the mailbox
there.

>I hope someone can help me with this.
>"Andy David - MVP" wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 07:27:08 -0700, Jake 1977
>> <Jake1977@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>

>> >Before I start off, I just want to let you know that I have the blessing of
>> >the COO of our bank to do this.  In fact, it's an order.
>>
>> Be sure to mention that during the trial.
>>
>> >He wants me to go into Users email and move any attachments to their home
>> >network folder.  He wants me to do this without having to interrupt their
>> >work.
>>
>> They cant do it themselves?
>>

>> >In my previous job I was able to go to File-->Open-->Other Users Folder and
>> >make those changes.  It won't allow me to do that here.  Is there a way to
>> >move the files directly in Exchange?
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821897
>> "How to assign service account access to all mailboxes in Exchange
>> Server 2003"
>> >
>> > I need to do this ASAP, as we need to free up some space in the database.
>> >We're approaching the 16GB limit, and plan on running the ESEUTILITY tomorrow
>> >morning.
>>
>> Exchange 2003 Sp2 allows you to grow to 75 GB is that is what you are
>> running.
>>

>> >Any help will be greatly appreciated.
>>
>> www.monster.com
>>

>> >Thanks,
>> >Jake

0
adavid (8731)

Saving User Settings in Outlook...
Hello everyone, Does anyone know how to save the user settings for MS outlook 2003? Thanks to all who reply, Ismael The reason I would like to be able to save the user settings is so I'll be able to restore these settings should I need to in case I had to do a clean install of WinXP and office 2003 either on the same computer of on another newly bought computer. Thanks to all who reply, Ismael "Ismael" <I_Tena@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ueqwqfaHGHA.2948@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hello everyone, > > Does anyone know how to save the user setting...

HELP!! Viewing email images

links in emails
When I try to open a link included in an email nothing happens? Hi, This problem can be caused by several different things. Do you receive an error message when you click on a hyperlink, or does nothing happen at all? Can you use hyperlinks in other programs, such as Word? Please have a look at the following Knowledge Base articles to see if these resolve your problem. 177054.KB.EN-US OLEXP: Internet Shortcuts in Outlook Express Do Not Start Web Browser You can access this article by clicking on the link below. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;177054 257464.K...

Deleting a half sent message
Sorry, forgot to say that I have Outlook 2003:) ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

slow emails
We are using exchange 2000 sever. and we have one user on one machine that her emails take awhile to process, up to 3hrs possibly. She is running outlook 2002, with all updates as of 10/9/03. I have figured in the past that it was just the other servers the mail was going through that was slowing it down. But when she uses, another persons acount on another machine it runs fine. Is this and outlook/machine problem, a server problem, or a problem that is out of my hands? Or is there a problem at all? >-----Original Message----- >We are using exchange 2000 sever. and we ha...

Deleted exchange 5.5 site not replicating over the ADC to Exchange 2000 side
We are a part of a shared Exchange 5.5 organization but our site is primarily Exchange 2000/2k3. We maintain a single 5.5 server as the rest of the Org is 5.5. The problem we are seeing is when the folks who control the Organization at the top level remove a site that is no longer used, that deletion is not carrying over the CONFIG_CA agreement to the Exchange 2000/AD side. Our Exchange 5.5 server executes the deletion with no issue. Any ideas on why this deletion is not replicating properly over the ADC and throught the SRS database? In the past we have manually removed the sites/recipie...

email set up in publisher

Trouble sending emails #2

User Authentication Error
Hello All, I am running CRM 3.0. I have the system administrator role. When attempting to merge 2 account records I receive an error that states, "The user authentication passed to the platform is not valid." I cannot merge the records. If anyone can, please advise. thanks. Keith ...

multiple revieve of emails
I recieve multiple copys of emails in outlook. In some cases I get 100 copys of the exact same message, in other cases it is ok, then others many times Only one message on server Jim <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I recieve multiple copys of emails in outlook. In some > cases I get 100 copys of the exact same message, in other > cases it is ok, then others many times Only one message on > server Usually caused by 1) Send/receive interval too small or 2) server timeout value too small or 3) rules that don't contain the "stop processing more rules...

Delay receiving email
Hi, We use Exchange 2000 and Windows 2000. I have recently been expeirencing intermitent delays in receiving email from two seperate domains.The delays are usually 3 hours but sometimes even longer. In the header info the delay happens at the last hop before reaching our domain. I have checked the exchange logs as well as the logs on our gateway but they do not indicate any delay once we receive the email. I am not sure what else I should do. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Bryan ...

User Defined Required Fields
I have set several field on sub window Sales User-Defined Fields Entry of Sales Transaction Entry as "Required". If the user remembers to click User-Defined, then they become required. But if the user never clicks on User-Defined from Sales Transaction Entry, then they can still save the new document without the required fields entered. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this asside from continual user training? Your answer is VBA. You own Modifer, so you also have VBA enabled. You'll need to write VBA code to open the window (literally, push the button) then set th...

the user authentication passed to the platform is not valid 09-20-06
Anyone receive this error message in the CRM Outlook Client? "The user authentication passed to the platform is not valid." Thanks, Scott ...

Deleted file in Outlook
I accidentaly deleted a folder in Outlook 2003 and am wondering if it possible to retreive it. Thank you, Karl youthminman@yahoo.com <youthminman@yahoo.com> wrote: > I accidentaly deleted a folder in Outlook 2003 and am wondering if it > possible to retreive it. Unless you permanently deleted it (i.e., held down Shift when pressing Delete), it will be in your Deleted items folder, unless you've emptied that folder. If you have emptied it, other suggestions depend on knowing what data store you're using (PST or Exchange mailbox). -- Brian Tillman ...

cant send emails 02-14-10
I have tried everything you guys have suggested in the other posts, including uninstalling and reinstalling the mail software. I have two email accounts & neither will send. It had been working since Nov 09 and just suddenly stopped. I have windows 7 & windows live mail. Here is the error I keep getting: Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. This is the local server I use. Subject 'Fw: Fwd: xoxo' Server: 'smtp.acsalaska.net' Window...

Exchange 2K: Controlling incoming email formats....
Question... AFAIK (and correct me if I am wrong), Exchange natively only lets you control message formats for messages that are downloaded to POP\IMAP clients. For security reasons, I would like Exchange to convert all incoming\outgoing email from\to external domains, as well as INTRA-domain email , to plain text format. In other words, I do not want to see anymore html email on my server going in and out, just plain text. Is there a setting for this for Exchange to handle this natively? If not, what (if any) 3rd party solutions are out there for this? Thanks, George Here's the Re...

Not recieving emails...
I have established an email account with Windows email and linked my yahoo email account. I can send messages yet I do not recieve the test messages to my Windows Mail account they do go to my Yahoo account but not to my Windows Mail inbox. I do not know what to do. Looked for answers on Windows website but did not find what I was looking for can someone please help me. Also when I click on the Send/Recieve tab it has me log in to my email account and then does not take login. Yet the account works. I do not understand. Thanks Jim It is a Yahoo Plus account - right? You must...

SQL-Dynamics V10 Users
I have some messy stuff going on with Dynamics and SQL users. I have users that are users in the databases, but not in Dynamics, and users in Dynamics that are not in SQL. Is there a script or anything to run to straighten this out? Right now it is manual process where I have to go user by user, check in dynamics and which companies they use, then go to SQL and check each database... Any suggestions? -- Doug Why can't you do this through the user interface? Did you resore a backup of Dynamics of something? As far as I know, the only way to create a GP login is to do it throu...

Lock Out Users for Maintenance
Is there a way to temporarily lock out all but the "sa" user? This would be very helpful when tasks such as Check Links is running. Mike, I guess the easiest way is to revoke users access to the company. Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 Great Package For Business Solutions daoudm@greatpbs.com http://www.greatpbs.com http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/ "MikeWal" wrote: > Is there a way to temporarily lock out all but the "sa" user? This would be > very helpful when tasks such as Check Links is runni...